(I'll post later, but at least we have a roleplay thread now; I may or may not add more stuff in substitution to this message, but don't quote me on that, as I have demonstrated my skills in procrastination.)
Check out this announcement about a new Power Reset item being added to the Inventory Store!
Sorry, I suck; I've been busy lately. I'm probably not gonna make the thread until this weekend at least. I'm super sorry for making you guys wait so long.
#: waitwaitwait if I'm really quick I have free time right now. But I'll have to shift into
M A X I M U M O V E R D R I V E
Sorry for inactivity. I'll try to make the roleplay thread sometime tomorrow.
Name: Myra / Mimi / "Rain Lady"
Age: Unspecified, apparently still pretty young for whatever she is.
Fandom: Mortis Ghost / OFF
Canon or Oc?: OC
Personality Traits: Cynical, sarcastic, quick to suspicion, 'gloomy', understanding, kind [usually only to children], laid-back/'chill', emotionally numb/ extremely hard to read emotionally.
Pet(s) if any: If the snails that seem naturally attracted to her count; she usually just ignores them, though.
Romantic Interest(s): May develop.
Sexuality: Asexual Biromantic
What's In Your Bag?: Books (mostly regarding scientific topics [primarily biology and astronomy]), two small shakers full of sugar (not the kind you know, but it tastes the same) and salt, her umbrella (though she usually carries it with her), hair ties, and nail files (for when her antlers get dangerously sharp or uncomfortably overgrown).
Anything Else You Wanna Add?: She is 7'4 with her antlers how she likes them. She loves nature and most everything about space; she find the undiscovered parts of the known universe fascinating, always wanting to know more about deep space and the depths of the sea. She's rather adept at gesticulating with her tail which can be used most any way her hands can. Either she or her umbrella has supernatural properties, of which allows for manipulation of elements of weather, usually she makes controlled rainfall in a small radius around herself to keep cool, though she can only control ice and lightning if there is some available, water supposedly not needing to be present for her to use her water-based abilities, it being simply able to be generated, though she cannot freely turn ice into water, thus she usually only gets one or the other; also she is undeterred by the cold, electricity; water droplets simply always seeming to miss or avoid her; she can also apparently walk on any amount of water, though she must abide to physics and how her walking affects the water, so she can't do something like walking straight over an oncoming wave. Also she gets easily dehydrated, thus sun overexposure can literally kill her.
Theme Music: Yume Nikki OST - Pink Sea
I might make more later.
Sorry, guess I didn't have time; or I just forgot or something. I'll probably end up doing them sometime tomorrow.
Tracking for now; will attempt to start my forms in an hour or so.
Yeah, probably. I'll work on making the roleplay thread but it probably won't be up today, or maybe even tomorrow if I slack off; I'm bad like that.
Looks good, accepted.
I'd love a reboot of this. I have some characters that would be perfect for this but I'd honestly prefer a fresh start.
So someone who's good on the inside, hmm? Like an intelligence agent. I could work with that.
Seems a bit to specific a job, I think. The pilot would likely radio at the port before landing and would maintain all other immediate contact; I don't see a need for one specific person to speak to people trying to contact the crew.
I've also realised we're probably going to need one or several people to play key characters that aren't part of the crew, so someone like what you're talking about would probably need to be played by someone.
She's the same height as Myra but okay.
Oh nice; the spot is yours. Everyone is accepted in case anyone was skeptical that they weren't.
Edit: I'm gonna make an over-concerned robot cook and he will be glorious.
Edit-2: He is finished and you can read about him in the first post right under Myra's form. And with that we are out of predetermined positions and with only 3 open spots.
Looks alright to me.
Name: Kamina Jiha Gender: Male Age: 18 Appearance: Fandom: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Canon or Oc?: Canon School Uniform: (Something like (left), just without the headband) Belongings: The sword he stole from his village's chief when he escaped to the surface (it usually just hangs up on his wall, though), a kendo stick, his signature fire-orange tinted triangular sunglasses, his father's cape (also hangs on his wall), numerous kinds of pencils, some paper from a previously opened package, a few notebooks, probably some kinda duffle bag style backpack that he can sling over his shoulder like the edgy boi he is, dirty magazinesand all the essentials like a toothbrush, etc. Teacher or Student?: Student Sexuality Orientation: Heterosexual Crush: May develop Anything else to add?: He shirks work a lot and is certainly a delinquent.
Feel the breeze.
(A space western.)
When you've run out of options, you're destined to break some rules to get by. In the year 20XX, in the very same solar system you and I live in now, it's becoming increasingly more difficult for lower ranking people in society to live happy lives, and become criminals to make more money than the government expects them to, though their happiness is often shirt lived due to the oppressive nature of the Democratic Hegemony of Mankind (DHM) [often pronounced 'Dahm']. As such small groups of criminals band together to take odd jobs and live together in rag-tag families, usually calling their spacecraft their only home.
We follow one such family, who lives upon an Swordbird Class 0 named New World.
• New World runs out of juice in the middle of nowhere and the crew has to decide whether or not to phone DHM for help or wait it out until someone more like them picks up their signal.
• The crew is forced to meet with someone on Neptune, which is infamous for punishing any crime by death.
• New World's landing gear gets damaged and they get stuck on Mars, a lawless planet full of belligerent bandits without any sense of mercy.
• The crew gets a job to smuggle an escaped DHM science project onto Earth so they can live in peace with an expecting relative; but the escapee isn't enjoying their stay upon the NW and crew members start hallucinating the craziest things, and watching objects move by themselves, almost crushing them.
• On a stop on Earth when the crew allows a stranger transit, things seem to keep moving around, like someone is snooping. Then the stranger is revealed to be a DHM spy, who's intentions were to disable the ship and turn the whole crew into the authorities.
• A mob boss contacts the crew and asks them to steal an extremely valuable jewel from a wealthy businesswoman who will be hosting a party in which the jewel will be displayed. The objective is to crash the party and steal the jewel all without getting caught. The mob boss promises half of what the jewel is worth as a reward.
(Ideas and criticism is always welcome)
Captain: Skylark Jones (TAKEN)
Second: Rin Ciatri (TAKEN)
Pilot: Jet Tucker (TAKEN)
Doctor: Morrigan Nishant (TAKEN)
Cook: Tetsuo (TAKEN)
Weapons Expert: Pleoh O'Neill (TAKEN)
Engineer: Myra Curie (TAKEN)
Intelligence Agent: Zan Zemke (TAKEN)
[Other ideas are allowed, but I'd like to not surpass 10 or so characters total]
(Note: Each and every planet has been terraformed to be more livable for the human race, and have breathable air and survivable gravity, though the planets do keep their key characteristics.)
• Lots of desert, though it is liveable.
• Mostly humble shantytowns.
• It's either really hot, or the complete opposite.
• Low DMH jurisdiction, most officers don't even bother to leave civilization.
• Slightly less desert than Mercury. There are some plains but mostly only the cities are there.
• Humble townships and whatnot. It does have some small cities, though it's not a popular planet to trade on.
• Similar temperatures to Mercury.
• Medium-low DMH jurisdiction; there are mobile patrols on roads and commands centers in every city.
• I mean; it's Earth.
• Mostly upscale metropolitan cities and large towns, though small villages full of poorer residents do exist.
• Again; it's Earth.
• Medium-high DMH jurisdiction. There are officers everywhere as Earth is DMH's birthplace and headquarters.
• Very similar to deserts on Earth, though it also gets colder at night. There is some grassy areas and even some thin forests but that's about it.
• The only 'civilization' is bandit camps.
• Similar in temperature to Earth deserts.
• DMH doesn't dare set foot on Mars.
• Extremely thick jungle dots the surface, smaller plains in-between.
• There aren't many cities, but there are some humble villages and resorts built by wealthy investors.
•It's pretty humid, though it's raining all the time.
• Medium-low DMH jurisdiction. Scouts and snipers roam the forests while officers patrol the villages.
• Slum-like neon cityscapes with shantytowns at their borders. There's little room for nature to bloom.
• It's usually rather chilly, but it can be slightly humid. It rains a lot here like Jupiter too.
• Medium-high DMH jurisdiction, though it doesn't really matter considering how this planet is a hotspot for the mob and hyper-dangerous gangs.
• Snowy mountains with cliff-side cities.
• Very cold and windy.
• Low DMH jurisdiction, but not much happens on Uranus anyway.
• A water-covered planet. There's not but any islands for civilizations to grow.
• Small towns grid the many islands on the planet's surface.
• It gets extremely cold in the winter, to the point some people will lock themselves inside and hook a generator up to a space heater. Some people are lucky enough to migrate during the season, however.
• Medium-high DMH jurisdiction, crime is punishable by death considering the rates at which they occur.
• All FeralFront rules apply.
• I'll allow mild profanity but don't have your characters curse every sentence.
• I highly reccomend reading the spoilers marked 'Plot Ideas' and 'Planet Info' if you haven't already.
• You may play two characters if you'd like.
• Note: technology has realistically advanced, thus things like military grade equipment is more advanced than something like a phone. Thus there are no personal teleporters or flying cars or anything like that. Laser weapons are extremely heavy and very clunky, thus DMH soldiers use bullet-based weapons regularly. If a spacecraft had lasers it would not be as fast as, say, a Swordbird. All I'm saying is don't go crazy with how futuristic stuff is. I'll allow robots, though, if you're wondering. Just not androids or AI controlled tanks and all that jazz. And advanced prosthetics; I'd imagine cyborgs are a thing they're just not crazy superhuman.
• Aliens exist, they just don't bother with humanity. If someone found alien technology, it would be on accident and at the bottom of Neptune's ocean or something. Or maybe they're all hiding out on Pluto considering nobody lives there.
•You can redact literally whatever you want from the form I made, or, heck, make your own if it conveys your character better.
Full Name: Myra Joseph Curie
Nickname(s): Mimi / The Gremlin That Lives In The Engine Room
Weight: 108 lbs.
Blood Type: A
Home Planet: Saturn
Sexual Identity: Cisgender Female
Sexual Preference: Bisexual
Personality: Cynical, grumpy, and extremely clever. Myra is not one to quickly trust a stranger and is often not a people person, preferring to work on 'her' ship, of which she's developed a strong personal bond to during her time as New World's engineer. She tends to spend her time lazing around watching vintage anime and working on the ship, of which she almost never leaves.
History: (I might write one later but don't quote me on that)
• Closet pervert.
• Has a pet Border Collie named Guido. He stays in the engine room with Mimi most of the time.
• Has a smoking problem.
• Chronic insomnia.
• Can't shoot a gun.
• IQ of 264. (She can fix a lot more than just a ship.)
Theme Music: Cowboy Bebop OST 1 - Pot City
Activity (1-10): 7
Muse (1-10): 8
Other: Observe my smart goblin.
Full Name: 836-0-879: TETSUO
Nickname(s): Tetsuo / Robo-dad
Height: 6'4 - 6'10 - 7'2
Weight: 567 lbs.
Blood Type: N/A
Home Planet: Earth
Sexual Identity: Masculine
Sexual Preference: Asexual
Personality: Tetsuo is usually rather silent, and always goes quiet when he's working, but he'll speak up when spoken to. His opening greeting is often to ask if the person he is speaking to wants something to eat, though he'll glady continue the conversation if they're hungry or not, of which he'll conversate while he works, though he'll respond slower. He's rather protective of the crew, and helicopters behind and around people when he isn't working, simply watching them absentmindedly. He'll almost always tag along for less important jobs just for the time he gets to spend with his colleagues.
History: Not much to say; he was bought by the captain at an auction when she had some credit to spare, he was programmed to be protective of the crew and to cook and clean; he's been on the ship for 7 years, and he'll be here for many more.
• The apparatus on his face actually opens; revealing a camera lens-like eye that allows him to see.
• His cooking is 4-star, at least.
• He'll hum his theme music when he works.
• He loves the outdoors and all that live within them.
• He's waterproof.
• He can smell, apparently.
• He sleeps balled up/He can basically fold like a lawn chair.
• Not made for combat.
Theme Music: KVSE - ..dreamweaver..
Voice Claim: NeoCranium (as HAL)
Other: Behold mein beautiful boi.
The smaller and far closer troopers seemed taken aback for a solid ten seconds as their unexpectedly alive food cried aloud; the leftmost guard flinched away as she began screaming, screaming in terror himself, "Not a corpsse! Kills it! Kiiiillsss iiit!" The taller and father away creatures began steadily moving on her as well, the second tallest drawing his pike from his back, copying his superior's movement in pointing the top of his weapon forward as they charged at the human.
A little ways away was another humanoid creature native to this world, yet dissimilar to the armored bloodhounds that scavenged for rotting flesh. His arms crossed over his mostly covered chest as he leaned against a large sandstone deposit, his glowing white eyes shadowed by his concealed eyelids, a large cigar clenched between his large set of flat teeth. His pleasantry was abruptly ceased by the sounds of horrid screaming, "What in th'fUCK is THAT?" He couldn't help but wonder aloud, kicking away from the stone at his back to begin sauntering towards the source of the screaming with some fearful desperation powering his feet to move faster.
A troop of armored humanoids trek along the shoreline, the tallest of them stopping in his tracks, placing his halberd-like weapon across the chests of his inferiors, holding them back, "Aa corpssse?" A raspy voice chokes out of his face-shaped mask, a light gargle accenting his disgusting vocalization. The second tallest of the platoon nudges the guard away, roughly dragging the remaining warriors close, "Weee ssshould eat-sss it; thhhe kiiing caan fend-sss off-s hiss hunger-s for-ss'a daay, yesss?" The slightly smaller officers murmured, among themselves, as if speculating if their superior's idea was worthwhile. They were hungry, and the king was a glutton that horded every corpse they came across for himself. The tallest of the group seemed to sigh, the breath singing out of it's mask's mouthpiece, "Go eat-s it, boyss." There was a mutual cheer among the squad, they them began their trot towards the washed up body, pulling off their iron masks to reveal only hungry mouths upon their scaly faces, needle-like teeth jutting from their jaws, a forked tongue licking each set of chops. Their armored hands grasping the air between the ever shrinking gap between they and their meal.