F̶a̶d̶e̶d̶ a̶n̶d̶ W̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ (P̶R̶I̶V̶A̶T̶E̶)

Please see this announcement HERE for the rules and information on new regulations and additions!
It's with a heavy heart that we announce the shutdown of FeralFront. You can read more about this, as well as find a link to an alternative, great new place to RP, here: https://feralfront.com/thread/2669114-every-ending-is-a-new-beginning/
If you'd like some free FeralFront memorabilia to look back on fondly, see this thread from Dynamo: https://feralfront.com/thread/2669184-free-feralfront-memorabilia/.
Some FeralFronters are having a thread to reminisce in character. You can find it here: https://feralfront.com/thread/2669264-will-you-tell-me-your-tale-open-to-all/

• OOC:

Here we go! I added in the bby's form just so oyu have a better idea of who he is! I'll start us off as well!

IC:

Only the strong survive. Never allow others to dictate how you live. You can only rely on yourself in this desperate world, my son.”

Those were the last words Zaos ever received from his father. While receiving his Vallaslin, his father surprisingly allowed him to cry and show the pain he was enduring. His father did not want him to appear weak to any other elves he came across, even if the ceremony was illegitimate and done incorrectly. After that fateful day, he never saw his father again. Forced to live on his own, the young elf crawled his way to the Korkari wildes to seek shelter, and was met with a greater gift. An elderly woman by the name of Flemmeth aided him in his survival, teaching him what and what not to eat, how to hunt and cook, and how to brew potions. He owed every bit of knowledge to that woman, splitting onto his own path at 18. Zaos survived on his own from there on out, deciding to finally search for his mother. He had no memory of her, seeing as he was forced out and into the arms of his father. It took him years to even find who she was, much less which clan she belonged to. It was as if she was only ever spoken about in whispers--she was treated as some ghost. Once he did find out who and where she came from, he set out towards the Hinterlands to find as much information as he could. Upon arriving to the tribe, chaos and blood were pouring from every direction. Daemons were devouring the children, fathers attempting to salvage their families. Horror overtook him as bodies lay boneless- nothing but a mush of guts and crimson. He found who was controlling such creatures, watching as the hideous creature called upon warriors from the fade. So, Zaos put a stop to it. He ran at the beast, ripping the orb from his hand. The only memory he had after that was searing pain in his right arm.

It wasn’t until later did he awake. The mass of bodies had grown from the last time he viewed the graveyard, the silence unnerving. The brunette did the only thing he could; run. He ran far away, retreating back to the Korkari wildes to live in peace. If only peace were an option now. It wasn’t a few days later did the voices come. They began to explain what had happened- he had grabbed a powerful calling device that had now implanted into the palm of his hand. An “Anchor”, as they called it. It was confusing, but Zaos grew accustomed to such great power. With such an ability, word spread like wildfire over Thedas. Many stories arose- another Herald of Andraste, Kin of Mythal, and his personal favorite; Fade Wolf. It was a play on word of the Dread Wolf- Fen’harel. Seeing as they both would have a strong connection to the fade.

Not but a year later did the Inquisition came for him. They offered him a position; to stay by the side of the Herald. To become their ally until the end. How could he refuse? To work closely beside the Inquisitor and take down the monster who destroyed his clan? Of course he said yes. He refused to give them his name, asking to be called as the ‘Fade Wolf’. He was mysterious, yes, and he wished to keep it that way. He will still wear his cloak that covers his face and body, especially in public. Rarely is he seen without it, leaving his appearance up to imagination.

He was present when the Inquisitor travelled to Redcliffe in order to get in contact with the mages. He was present for the disasters that occurred after. Zaos had tried his hardest to bring the inquisitor and the mage by the name of Dorian back, but they managed to do so on their own. He aided in defeating the madman Alexius. Zaos had been present in most major events to happen involving the Inquisitor except for the Conclave--he trusted them with his life. With such a connection, he also soon became connected to those around him--mainly one Tevinter Magister in specific.

Dorian was an interesting, cocky, sarcastic man who never ceased to surprise the Fade Wolf. His curiosity knew no bounds, and neither did his endless questions. Zaos had been trying to keep his identity hidden, but the other had been insisting on knowing his name, what he looked like, and where he came from. The smaller male managed to escape each conversation with his secrets in tact, but he had no idea how much longer that would last.

As of now, the Inquisition had moved to a wonderful fortress by the name of Skyhold after the battle with Corypheus left Haven buried under mountains of snow. They found the place roughly a few weeks ago, and everyone was finally getting settled. Zaos was holed away in his room, finish potions and flash grenades he had been working on for the Inquisitor. His room was wonderful--it had a small balcony, it was secluded, and it was quiet--all that he needed. He had finished the last health potion, knowing he needed to go to the library to gather more books. He had more potions he wanted to create, and the Skyhold library would have what he needed. So, the brunette elf moved away from his crafting table, grabbed his bark brown cloak, put it on as he always did, and moved towards the library. The cloak came down to his feet, making his movements mirror those of a Shade gliding across the floor. He was as elegant as he was mysterious--Zaos knew that much. It took the quiet male no time to reach the library, muttering greetings to those as he passed them. His cloaked figure was soon stopped by a bookcase, shrouded cornflower blue eyes scanning the spines of books in search of the one he needed.

(c)trexgirl

• IC:

“Ah, at last.” A voice blossoming with relief broke the silence of the library. “The one book I have yet to read. Such a rare find in a boring library, no offense to the Inquisitor of course.” The flamboyant mage approached from the left, taking to leaning his shoulder against the bookcase and crossing his arms loosely over his chest. A wicked smirk was set on his features, steel eyes in a trance upon the cloaked figure. He knew near nothing about the man before him. He’s never seen his face, never heard his real name, by Andraste he didn’t even know his hobbies. Other than skulking around Skyhold in mysterious cloak of course. Such a boring way to spend the day.

Dorian Pavus was not a boring man, however. His life was anything but. Raised in Tevinter, he was believed to be the oh so bad villain come to corrupt the Inqusition. The big bad Tevinter is going to use blood magic! Oh no! Yeah right. He never practiced that disgraceful form of magic, he didn’t even support its use. He was sure someone right now in this library was spreading rumors about him even, but there was something that kept his mind off all of that for even a moment. This Fade Wolf. Perhaps he just enjoyed unraveling the mystery like a present, or perhaps he enjoyed trying his luck. Probably both. He was pretty sure he’d made the man smile at one point. Actually smile!

“You know, it is harder to find things if you can’t see them. This mood lightning is absolutely dreadful to boot for anything other than a slow dinner,” Dorian tilted his head a bit lower as if to try and peek under the hood, a brow raising and a trying smile on his face. “A good book always has the worst cover. Your hood is doing you no justice.”

OOC:

• OOC:

IC:

The silence of the library was comforting, but it did not last for long. The cloaked figure's head lifted a bit as a new voice echoed softly through his corner of the library, not even needing to turn his head to know who it was. The suave Tevinter lilt gave it away, yes, but only one person was "brave" enough to approach the Fade Wolf without important business (People often think ill of him for always staying cloaked, hence why approaching him is a brave move). Dorian's presence was not unwanted--his constant talking and flamboyant aura was oddly soothing to the other man--even if Zaos was the complete opposite of the other mage. As the tanned, well dressed magister spoke of finding a book he hasn't read, the smallest of smiles appeared on Zaos's lips. "A book you haven't read? I'm surprised, Magister--with as much time as you spend in here, I'd half expect you to have more ordered." He hummed, a slight tease in his own voice. Zaos was slowly growing comfortable around Dorian--the slight teasing was much more than what he used to do.

The shorter mage reached out after a moment, his hand coming in contact with an old book whose leather binding had half rubbed off. Old Dalish dialect was scribbled on the side, and the voices within his head often helped him read such old texts. He could understand some old Dalish himself, but the voices helped with the majority. Dorian's next comment had the Fade Wolf chuckling, his head tilting down as the other's head tilted. "I can see just fine, even through this "dreadful mood lighting", as you put it." He responded, his cloaked body turning to face the Tevinter shemlan. His comment about his hood not doing him justice made slight heat rise to the Fade Wolf's cheeks, even if it was covered. It wasn't often Zaos managed to pick up on the subtle words of endearment, or if that even what that was--he was not good at this kind of stuff. He had lived alone for nearly all his life--minus his father and Flemmeth. He has never interacted with so many people, much less of those from different cultures. Tevinters had different customs, attire, and verbal cues than the Dalish did, so Zaos found many things flying over his head.

Clearing his throat with a meek cough, the mildly embarrassed mage pulled the book he required into his chest. " N-No justice is needed from my hood--that is the point of it." He reminded, his lips drawn into a soft smile. Deciding to quickly change the subject, the smaller elf's fingers ran over the worn and used leather. "Was this the book you were looking for? I need it for just a moment--the Inquisitor requested a few potions from it and the old Dalish dialect is easy to read with the help of the voices." He explained, nearly babbling to keep an awkward silence from ensuing.

(c)trexgirl

• IC:

“Why does everyone always think I’m a Magister?” Dorian pushed his weight off the bookshelf with a feigned look of offense. It seemed no matter how many times he explained who he was, there was always that one person who thought that every mage from Tevinter was either a Magister or dealt with blood magic. Obviously the people of Fereldan or even Orlais knew little of his home country to make such accusations. But coming from the grand Fade Wolf himself? He could tolerate it. He even had a small feeling of a compliment forming from it. But just from him.

“Yes, I am from Tevinter, but Andraste forbid a Tevinter not being a Magister,” A dramatic sweep of his hands exaggerated his words quite well. The mage was an expert at being dramatic. A skill well learned and perfected. “If I truly were a Magister walking these halls, the entire hold would be pissing themselves with rumors about how I’m corrupting everyone. Soiled pants make poorly for making good impressions with the neighbors. I swear, last night I went to find a drink at the tavern and this maid actually fainted when I came through the door. Poor girl, though I couldn’t tell if it was because I’m incredibly handsome or she was just terrified of a Tevinter.” The entirety of the story, a smirk was planted on his tanned face, dark eyes glinting with the amusement of the situation. Maybe people did stare or run, but half the time something silly happens he never expects.

The smirk grew into his famous grin, showing off his, what he likes to call, money making smile. Dorian may not have been in too many relationships for obvious reasons, but he was no newborn when it came to flirting or understanding body language. By Andraste the man before him was embarrassed. Better yet, he was enjoying the flirts.

“Oh ho! He can smile,” The Tevinter mused rather proudly, daring a step forward to get a better look at this rare occasion. “Even a Wolf can be tamed as easily as a hound it seems.” His eyes wandered to the book cuddled close to his chest. Though Dorian was a smart man, the texts of other races still were out of reach for his understanding. Not that he even studied languages other than the common tongue anyway. He reached out with his left hand, settling his fingers gently upon the top of the book and lowering it slightly. Steel eyes met blue.

“You’re always working. It’s boring. The inquisitor has many others to do his bidding. Perhaps a break will entice you and I can help distract your mind?”

OOC:

• OOC:

IC:

Oh, Zaos knew Dorian was no Magister, but he couldn't resist teasing the man. After hearing him dramatically explain how he wasn't a magister so many times, the Fade Wolf took it upon himself to use it teasingly. The story that followed had the elf chuckling, his eyes hidden from sight rolling ever so slightly. A part of him did feel bad for the male in front of him--having so many rumors whispered in the shadows made jobs much harder--that much he knew. He could always feel eyes on him, and the voices kept him in tune with what was being muttered about him. As the tanned male spoke of a female barmaid fainting, his chuckle grew a bit louder. "Perhaps a bit of both." He hummed, a smile curling onto his pale pink lips. What?--Even if he was serious and collected, the Dalish man knew how to tease.

As Dorian made a remark about him smiling and took a step closer, Zaos felt his heart jump into his throat. His smiled faltered embarrassedly, his cheeks heating up more under his hood. He could feel his ear tips flushing as well, his heart thrumming loudly in his chest. Surely the Tevinter mage knew what he was doing to him--he had to. The comment about taming the wolf male a small, embarrassed laugh echo in the smaller male's throat, swallowing thickly. "P-Perhaps only to a few--wolves cannot easily be tamed, Magister. That philosophy may end with a bite to prove your words wrong." He muttered through his stutters, using the term Magister purely as a tease now.

The hand on his book brought the male back from his mind, eyes watching the tanned hand push it down slightly. Zaos allowed this, the book dropping a little lower in his grasp to rest over his abdomen. The offering of a break had the freckled brunette's heart racing, the endless possibilities rushing his mind. 'The shemlan is correct, Fade Wolf--you have been working yourself to the bone.' A voice sounded in his head--one of the many. 'Take a break!' 'No, the Inquisitor asked for these potions--we must finish them.' 'Work is all we have been doing--some fresh air will do us good!' Soon the rest of the voices began to chime in, and his own thoughts were drowned out. He was distracted for a moment due to this, but he managed to shut them out long enough to form a proper sentence.

"Perhaps you are right--A break would do me some good. Just what distractions did you have in mind, dear Magister?"

(c)trexgirl

• IC:

A playful smirk was now Dorian’s only reaction to the name of Magister. Perhaps he could get used to the name...the way it rolled off the tongue of the elf was quite delightful and filled his stomach with more butterflies than he dared count. He released the book, drawing his hand back slowly as he took in the sight before him. Oh how he desired to finally take the hood from his head and finally, truly, meet the man that had caught his eye.

“I may take you up on that risk...being bitten isn’t so bad.” The dangerous glint returned and his teeth bared. “Perhaps I’d like to see just how dangerous the Fade Wolf can be...” A chuckle rumbled in his chest, like a light rolling thunder within the library. With a shake of his head, he turned around to pace towards the singular window he’d taken a liking to reading by since their arrival in Skyhold. Outside, he could make out the courtyard. The soldiers trained in the clearing, guards standing vigil by the only entrance, medics scurrying around for the wounded. Busy, and yet peaceful.

Dorian twisted to look back over his shoulder as the reply finally came. So he agreed? Fantastic. And there was the nickname again. Another chuckle escaped him.

“I don’t know. I was thinking maybe a stroll through the chaotic countryside, a picnic by some very friendly demons who will tend to our every need. Oh, and maybe some wine. No one can resist demons and wine. A deadly combo.” Through his normal demeanor, he could very well just be pulling at his strings, and yet a picnic didn’t sound so bad. Some nice wine, not the junky weak kind, might clear the mind away. Or perhaps he was just a crazy drunkard who enjoyed drinking. Either way it sounded way more exciting to the mage than sitting around doing nothing.

OOC:

• OOC:

IC:

Zaos watched with gentle eyes as the hand removed itself from the book, leaving the old leather spell book still in his grasp. Well--he didn't need this anymore. Moving to the side, the smaller male put the book back in it's rightful place before his attention turned back to Dorian. The next words spoken forced the wind from his lungs, his body tensing slightly, and a vibrant blush to come to his cheeks. he was sure the red on his pale skin could be seen on the lower half of his face--his whole face was most likely red, actually. His heart was in his ears, those words leaving the Fade Wolf a flustered mess. He was not used to something so...direct. Such actions were foreign to him, and this whole flirting act was strange and new. Yet, Zaos often found himself...enthralled by this man. He left him feeling as if lightning was coursing through his veins and he...liked it far more than he would ever admit.

Hidden eyes watched as the taller male walked over to the window, keeping his distance for now. The ideas that came about forced a genuine laugh from the elf, giggling at his talk of demons and chaos that could ensue. "And if we are lucky, perhaps a few darkspawn will grace us with their presence." He added on, now making his way closer. Even if it was just a joke, a picnic sounded nice. It almost sounded as if Dorian was trying to court him, but Zaos shut that idea down quite quickly. Dorian had to have standards--a man who keeps himself completely hidden from the world couldn't possibly be on his list. besides, he had no idea if the other even liked men--wasn't it extremely taboo in Tevinter? Either way, Zaos wasn't going to hope for anything other than a friendly outing...even if he did wish it were more.

"A picnic and some nice wine actually sounds like a wonderful time--I have a few ideas as to where we could go for some fresh air and privacy as well." He hummed, his hands folded in front of him delicately. He could easily stop by the kitchen and grab some fruits, bread, and cheese as well--or they could simply go into a town and buy more there. Ever since they have gotten to Skyhold, food has not been an issue. Zaos found himself getting quite excited for this little adventure--he could only hope no trouble came about as they had their own private outing.

(c)trexgirl

• IC:

Dorian turned his body slowly, reveling in each small placement of his feet on the wooden floor. A hand rose to meet his chin as if in thought and his head tilted with a smile to accompany. He liked that laugh. Found it hard to resist actually. The Tevinter could feel his heart flutter with joy as if the birds themselves were singing in the morning. Good. He needed to make him laugh more.

“Look at you planning ahead,” He mused, his smile growing into an amused grin. “A dear thought, but I have to decline I’m afraid.” He removes his hand from his chin to make a gesture to back up his words. Nothing too fancy, just to exaggerate a bit. “Don’t get your socks in a twist, I’m not turning down the trip I suggested first. What a heartless Tevinter I would be, hm? No, I have a place selected that may peak your interest.” If he backed out of this date, yes he was calling it a date now, an absolute monster he would be indeed.

“You’ll like it. It’s as beautiful as I am of course, the best quality for sight seeing and other activities.” He paused, furrowing his brows in question suddenly. “Are you alright with Tevinter wine? I had one shipped. You would not believe the trouble I went through to get a taste of home. Don’t worry, it won’t sizzle your taste buds with a stale flavor like whatever crap they serve here.”

OOC:

I was falling asleep when I wrote this aaaaahhhh sorry it’s shorter than normal.

• OOC:

It's all good bby! I totally understand!

IC:

Zaos felt a bashful smile creep onto his lips as Dorian spoke of him planning ahead, his smaller body taking to lean against the wall by the window. "Consider me excited, then--It has been some time since I have been outside Skyhold. Well--that didn't involve me accompanying the Inquisitor on a quest, that is. It'll be nice to just...exist. Not have to worry about who to kill next or how to incapacitate Corypheus' army." He explained softly, his fingers fiddling with each other. He was right--being able to just sit down and relax was a luxury nowadays--even if it wasn't anyone's fault. They had all of Thedas depending on them--it was normal to be stressed or constantly working to fix the ever-unnerving problem on hand. So, the small elf found this little break to not only be endearing, but well deserved.

As the tanned Tevinter explained he would have to turn down his offer, he did at first think he meant the picnic. His heart deflated at that, but the quick explanation had the Dalish mage feeling relieved. It made him happy to know that Dorian did in fact want to go on a picnic with him, but the area in question had him curious. "A heartless Tevinter? Perish the thought, Altus--Oh? And where would this place be?" He asked, now curious as to where he would be taken. A teasing smile came to his lips once more--that seemed to be a reoccurring theme whenever he was around the human. If it was indeed as beautiful as a sight as the human was, then Zaos was in for a treat. He would never deny the fact that Dorian was attractive--he was extremely pleasing to the eye, and he knew the Altus knew that. Zoas had found himself staring at some points, even if no one could properly see what he was ever doing.

The question about the Tevinter wine had the Dalish elf shaking his head, followed by a light shrug of his clothed shoulders. "I have no qualms--I have never had wine from Tevinter, so I would not know. I am not a big alcohol consumer, but I have been known to find some rather nice wines here in Orlais." He explained, pushing his body off from leaning against the wall. Zaos lived quite the sheltered life, so it was not strange for him to speak of what he hasn't done. Of course, no one truly knows his background, so it may be weird for them to hear him speak of seemingly simple things. "As for food, we can always visit the kitchen--or did you have something else in mind, Magister? It seems as if you have a great deal of this planned out already--thought about this for awhile, have you?" Zaos asked, a teasing tone visiting his voice once more. A part of him hoped the other said yes--his heart was fluttering at the mere thought. He knew not to get his hopes up, though--hoping for something more would only get him hurt.

(c)trexgirl

• IC:

If only I could see the eyes that matches that glorious smile. It ached my heart so to be unable to set sight upon the man I had admittedly taken a liking to. Still, if the price of his presence was a simple barrier of cloth, I would take that over never seeing him at all any day. I dared not speak my mind about those thoughts, however. Though the Fade Wolf seemed compliant and amused by myself, and I mean who wouldn’t be smitten, I worried how far this relationship would go. If it would spark and rage bright like a fire or smolder out like ashes after burning.

A chuckle escaped me, my eyes never wavering from the man as he moved about to lean against the wall.

“You’re quite impatient, little wolf.” He was not that much shorter than I, but I felt I needed some sort of nickname as payback for him calling me a Magister. Perish the thought of the day I actually became one. Little wolf seemed fitting due to his famous name across Skyhold. I really hoped it took it well, for as on the fly as it was, perhaps I didn’t think through it might be seen as an insult. Damnit Dorian.

“Now it wouldn’t be much of a surprise if I showed you, now would it?” I raised a brow at him, an amused smirk stretching across my lips. I was even more pleased to hear he would accept the wine. Good. I felt like I gave an arm and a leg to get that stuff. It would be a waste and honestly quite sad if I drank it alone. The last sentence, however, faltered my confident stance.

“Ah...” I could feel the heat rising to my tanned cheeks, and I hoped any red that showed was covered by my darker skin. Was that really all it took to stutter the grand Dorian Pavus? I felt ashamed. Utterly ashamed. Awkwardly I cleared my throat, turning my head to look over at the window to find something else to focus on. “I...may have. If you start making a fuss over it I swear I’ll...well, I’ll do something!” Terrible comeback. I really needed to get it together, I was losing my witt.

“Can we...go now?” Probably my most pathetic expression of the day faced the man before me when I turned my head back around. I daresay it was a mixture of embarrassment, amusement, and adoration.

OOC:

May I introduce the thought process of Dorian? I have done first for a while, I just had to, haha.

• OOC:

By all means! Whatever is more comfortable for you!

IC:

The cloaked elf wasn't normally impatient--he had learned quite some time ago that patience was a virtue. Perhaps it was due to the fact he has never had feelings like this before, or because he had yet to do anything romantic with anyone that he was eager for this. The nickname sent a shiver rolling down the shorter male's spine, heat automatically rising to his covered cheeks. Gods forbid Dorian see him flush whenever he takes his cloak off--he knows how well the red stands out against his pale skin. Clearing his throat weakly, the flustered man fiddled with the sleeves of his robes. "A-A new nickname?--I-I suppose there are worse ones you c-could call me. B-But I am not an impatient man by normal means, but you seem to bring it out in me, Magister." He stuttered out, his embarrassment getting worse the more his voice stuttered and cracked. God, he must sound so...weak? No--whipped would be a better term.

As Dorian refused to explain where they would be going for their little date, the Dalish mage found himself pouting. Letting someone else decide such things was foreign to him--he was always in control of his life, or at least had a say. Letting Dorian take the lead and decide everything was...odd, but nice. It felt good to not have to make a decision for once, even if he wanted to be apart of said process. "I suppose you are right." He relented after a moment, feigning another pout that slowly fell into a comforting smile. If it was for Dorian, he didn't mind waiting. Zaos' demeanor quickly shifted as the other's confidence faltered to embarrassment, bringing a flutter to his chest. Did he...did he just fluster the famous Dorian Pavus? What an accomplishment! Plus, the taller male did look awfully adorable with red cheeks.

"You're blushing, Magister--how endearing." He teased, but the fondness in his voice showed that his words were true. It truly was endearing to see the normally confident (borderline cocky) and suave man crack and fluster like a normal person. His tanned skin did hide some of the red hue, but Zaos could still pick up on it. As the Altus gave a weak comeback, a soft laugh fell from the brunette's lips. "Oh, i'm sure you'd do something, alright. Don't fuss too much, Dorian--it's cute seeing you flustered. I feel special--you never get embarrassed to the point your cheeks go red." He hummed, his own flush kicking up again. He might as well of just admitted he found him attractive--he basically did! Goddess--what was he doing?! A wave of embarrassment washed over him yet again, causing the smaller elf to duck his head ever so slightly. As Dorian offered to go, the hidden male nodded his head quickly.

"Y-Yes! Let's! W-We still need to g-get the wine and food a-and our mounts--if we need them." He was babbling, trying to shut out his obvious flustered state as best as he could. Even if Zaos didn't admit it, he knew it was a poor cover for his hidden red cheeks and ears.

(c)trexgirl

• IC:

Oh how tragic this was. I couldn’t even properly look him in the eyes while all flustered. The mention of the blushing on my cheeks, which I could’ve already guess through the rising heat, unfortunately made them grow warmer from embarrassment. He was enjoying this, I just knew it. Just from the tone in his voice I knew he enjoyed watching me squirm so.

But he didn’t just stop there. Oh no, the man had to rub it in. I couldn’t take the heat. Wait did he say I was cute? Of course I was! Why wouldn’t he say that. But for being like this? Was this how my affairs felt on the receiving end? Maker take me. I shuffled my way passed him to the railing, leaned my hands against the wood and tried to calm down. My insides felt like a swarm of bees, not the ones that sting of course.

“Please don’t get smug over this. You’d become utterly unbearable.” The tease was all I could throw out, and the tone was back to my normal bravado. Just...not my face. Tis why I didn’t turn around just yet. Nothing said was unwelcome, I just was on the opposite end of the table than I usually was. I needed a second to calm down and collect myself.

“You go grab the food, I’ll get the drinks. Then we meet at the gates, deal? Probably best if we don’t act suspicious. Well, any less suspicious than a hooded man carrying snacks and a Tevinter walking around with alcohol in hand.”

OOC:

• OOC:

IC:

Zaos was indeed loving this--he had managed to discover a new side to the mage in front of him, and he was loving it. He was used to the flirting, cocky Tevinter whose wit matched his teasing tongue, but seeing that same man reduced to reddened cheeks and stumbling words? Oh, he'd revel in it. Plus, it just told the elf he was actually decent at flirting, which made his own chest warm. He allowed the taller male to slip by him, clocked eyes watching Dorian move to the railing to lean against it. A part of him wanted to follow, but it was obvious the other needed to collect himself. They had all the time in the world to flirt--Dorian had proven that much to him over these past months.

As the tanned mage explained that he should gather the food while the Tevinter gathers his wine, the comment made Zaos laugh. "Fair enough--I'll try to keep the suspicious acts to a minimum, then. I'll look a round for a basket or something similar--it'll make carrying everything easier." He agreed, stepping out from the alcoved bookshelves to move towards the exit. The blue eyed man couldn't resist reaching out, his hand brushing over Dorian's shoulders gently. "I will meet you by the gates then, Dorian." He hummed, brushing by him with a smile. And as if he disappeared, the Fade Wolf was gone.

Zaos had always been told he was a quiet person--sneaking around was nothing difficult for him to accomplish. His cloaked figure drifted through the halls of Skyhold, making his way to the kitchen. The elves and servants who worked in there were all kind, and it brought him joy to see his own people helping the Inquisition's cause. Upon reaching the kitchen, he located one of the chefs. He explained what he had come for, and the older man had a knowing look in his eye. To be completely fair, the assumptions around a 'bit of food and a basket to carry them in' lead to very few outcomes, and his jittery fingers must of given away his intentions. He was quickly given a basket with several kinds of dried fruits, cheeses, breads, and meats, along with a kind "do enjoy yourselves". Zaos once again thanked the creators for his hood, because his face was bright red from hot embarrassment. With a stuttered 'thank you', the hooded elf moved from the kitchen as fast as he could. Now, to go to the gates.

The air outside was fresh and cool, a soft breeze flowing through his cloak to give him so air. The air itself was crisp with a winter tinge--Skyhold was in the mountains, and the weather was getting colder by the day. Luckily, today didn't seem unbearable. Depending on where this location was, the weather could get nicer as well. Deciding to grab his mount first, he visited the stables. He quickly saw Atish'an in her stall, who perked up upon seeing her rider. The Tirashan Swiftwind was a final gift from Flemmeth when he left her, and he loved his mount dearly. She was tacked and ready to go--he had been planning to go on a ride anyway, so that made things easier. He grabbed the mount's reigns, leading her from the stable over towards the gates. Sure, he may look suspicious there, but he was more concerned with waiting for Dorian. He was mumbling Elven coos to his beloved mount under his breath, petting her majestic head and neck lovingly.

(c)trexgirl