counting down – open, contemplating

Please see this announcement HERE for the rules and information on new regulations and additions!
It's with a heavy heart that we announce the shutdown of FeralFront. You can read more about this, as well as find a link to an alternative, great new place to RP, here: https://feralfront.com/thread/2669114-every-ending-is-a-new-beginning/
If you'd like some free FeralFront memorabilia to look back on fondly, see this thread from Dynamo: https://feralfront.com/thread/2669184-free-feralfront-memorabilia/.
Some FeralFronters are having a thread to reminisce in character. You can find it here: https://feralfront.com/thread/2669264-will-you-tell-me-your-tale-open-to-all/

• [ooc; Just making a short little post with my boyo because I love him and I want to work on developing his personality a bit more, so a small, open one-shot seemed fun ]

It was one of those days– one of those moods. He felt... empty. Emptiness. How long has it been since he's heard laughter? Kits playing?

The tom flicked an ear, narrowing seaweed green eyes while peering down at the camp's watery center. He let his front paws hang over the lip of his chosen ledge, his hind paws tucked under him while his tail tapped against the stone wall.

Since when did he dislike the quiet so much? There was a time where he would scramble to find a lonely place, but now here he was: perched on an open ledge to search for some poor soul to bother. Stars above, he missed everyone.

Owl that Flies at Night. Mink that Plays with Lizard. Viper that Basks in Sun. Even Veil over Silent Dusk– he didn't know the tom as well as the former Stoneteller, but now would have been as good of a time as ever to get to know each other.

The sigh that breathed past his maw was shaky and desperate.

He could leave and... attempt to live in one of those clans?

No, he was loyal to the Tribe. He would see them through to the end of time. He refused to let his curiosity brim further than mere inquisitiveness and finding common ground.

Rat would rest his chin on his paws, his heartbeat thrumming lowly in his ears.

Some day the Tribe would be normal again. It would be warm, and full. He just had to wait for the day to arrive.

Or maybe waiting was the issue. But how does one mere prey-hunter call upon the ancestors for guidance?

I'll wait. He decided, casting his gaze up to the light filtering in from the top of the cave. I'll get a sign when it's time.d6lwqe9-0430cb42-8c0a-42c3-92f9-25898b509a2a.gif?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzM1MWVhMDViLWI4NmYtNDk5My1hNmQ5LWYwYzk4ZDYwOTU2MVwvZDZsd3FlOS0wNDMwY2I0Mi04YzBhLTQyYzMtOTJmOS0yNTg5OGI1MDlhMmEuZ2lmIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.DMSkKo5DDJNEPmxENVNTCNWHG8Vm-YwJDjF5llFEcRc

[ tags ]