I See Myself in You // BriarxBerry

• 「 BERRYFROST — I want more berries, and that summer feelin’ 🍓 」

White paws walked over the scattered fallen leaves to Minnow Rock. Though she had only been here in Thunderclan for a little over a day, Berryfrost remembered the layout of Thunderclan's territory. Thanks to Whiteheart. Aqua eyes looked to the color changing trees that tower above. It was shocking to her to see that is was already becoming leaf-fall! Each morning grew a bit cooler than the last. The molly just hoped this new territory didn't offer too harsh leaf-bares.

A mutter from behind made the young woman stop for a moment, and then turned around to look to see who it was. It felt quiet for a moment and then she shrugged it off. Berryfrost knew Thunderclan would be keeping watchful eye on her every move. Some probably believed her half blood relation to Whiteheart and Silverspring were a lie. Or assumed she was a spy from Shadowclan. If that was the case, then Tansystar and Rainface would've made a poor choice in choosing her. The ocean eyed beauty stretched out on the cool stone as she allowed the sun to seep into her ginger splotched fur.

She took a moment for herself to think. Could this be my new home if I chose to stay? Could I truly make that kind of decision? A chill washed over her as she could feel a pair of eyes on her once more. "speech text."

Here is our thread! BRIARHAWK -

BABY I'M PERFECT FOR YOU

SO LET'S START RIGHT NOW

Berryfrost - Ginger and white tabby with aqua blue eyes - 26 Moons - She-Cat - Shadowclan Warrior - TAGS

THE WORDS OF A BEGGAR

THE MIND OF A COWARD

THE HEART OF A SINNER

Rainface - Silvery blue gray with dark blue eyes - 32 Moons - She- Cat - Shadowclan Warrior - TAGS

6i06J59.png

• She hadn't meant to follow her.
    That would be a hard truth to sell considering the sneaky way in which she snuck through the undergrowth, brindled fur hiding her in the shafts of light and shadow alike, but the truth nonetheless.
    Her abrupt quarantine within the Abandoned Barn had been ended with a warning not to drink from the Moonpool river, and even in the short few days since the deputies triumphant return to her people, she felt infinitely better! The mucousy film that coated once vibrant green eyes had all but dissipated, the wheezing rattle in her chest that threatened her death with each breath only presented itself when she exerted herself too much too quickly... but surely a walk would be fine.

It was on that walk that she'd spotted Berryfrost and quickly hid herself in the brambles, ears pinned and lips pulled back in an embarrassed snarl. Why was she hiding in her own territory? Whiteheart of course had told her that his sister was staying with them... but she didn't know why, and she was too sick to ask at the time. But now, as Berryfrost wandered her way through the mighty oaks that sheltered them, settling herself by the Minnow Rock, Briarhawk could only sit and stare.
    Shame.
    Oh, she was ashamed alright.
    She wasn't oblivious to the way she treated others outside her clan (and in special cases even in her clan) but she never cared what those cats thought of her. It was a scary thought, but she actually wanted Berryfrost to like her.
    She was the closest thing to a sister that the deputy would ever get again... and her first impression at the old Fourtrees had been less than stellar.

"Uh-H-Hey!" She eventually called, grimacing slightly in embarrassment as she extracted herself from the bushes, feigning nonchalance by looking everywhere but at the cat in front of her. Instead, she allowed her paws to carry her closer, coming to a stop by the shore herself and finally forcing herself to look at the other. "It's uh... been awhile! I don't believe we've spoken in... well, moons! Clearly, you've been accepted here while I was ill... why are you here?" Impression or not, it always came down to business with her. If there was a story to be heard or information to learn, she would hear about it.

• 「 BERRYFROST — I want more berries, and that summer feelin’ 🍓 」

Well this was a surprise. Briarhawk? Their first meeting was at the Gathering when the deputy was still expecting. How time flew! A soft smile danced across her maw as she hummed to the feeling of the sun on her pelt. "Hello! And I'm just here for a visit. I've seemed to... feel lost in my birth clan so I was hoping to find myself again away from Shadowclan."

Her eyes drifted down as she sat up. Berryfrost wanted to get to know her half brother's mate better while she was here! Her ginger tail wrapped over her white paws as she began to speak again. "Your children are beautiful and healthy. You must be a proud mother, Briarhawk. Your family is worth keeping close. Sadly... Whiteheart is the only family I have left." The young woman admitted to the Thunderclan tortie. In a way, she could dare say she envied that they did so well. Had a litter of kits who continued to grow, a mate she keeps close and loves her. Berryfrost saw it that Briarhawk had it all. Had everything she wanted. But nope. Here she was, alone.

BABY I'M PERFECT FOR YOU

SO LET'S START RIGHT NOW

Berryfrost - Ginger and white tabby with aqua blue eyes - 26 Moons - She-Cat - Shadowclan Warrior - TAGS

THE WORDS OF A BEGGAR

THE MIND OF A COWARD

THE HEART OF A SINNER

Rainface - Silvery blue gray with dark blue eyes - 32 Moons - She- Cat - Shadowclan Warrior - TAGS

6i06J59.png