DEVIL'S GOT NOTHING ON ME . intro

• Virga

I BIT THE HAND OF GOD; NOW HE WON'T FEED ME EITHER

the sun had begun it's eventual descent, as had virga in the dying lights of the star. he was not one for the calm, the horrid rains and wild winds had always suited him better than the eerie calmness of the eye. perhaps that was why his current object of interest had received his lashings, with a firm glare centered upon his prey. a poor squirrel, caught earlier in the sun's peak. it had done nothing to earn virga's ire, the corpse was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

it's an irreversible hunger, one that had drove the flame-coated man wild. no matter how much he consumed, nothing would calm the fires. he knew his fate was sealed, but his grip on life was yet to wane. "fox-hearted freak!" the words begin to spill before he truly realizes it, teeth snapping at the already deceased. his words would barter no reaction, only falling way to deaf ears. the dead don't talk, virga. perhaps he should take lessons from them. "you insufferable, maggot-infested-"

he is cut off by his own instincts, tearing into his prey. what would have been a peaceful evening is interrupted by virga's unresolved temper. there is little doubt in his mind that his words are being carried, through wind or through other means. that he is ruining the sanctum of peace. "disgusting," a pause as he swallows down another bite, "you couldn't even make yourself taste better? pathetic." and yet, he continues to feast upon it. perhaps in a rare moment of embarrassment, the remembrance that he no longer travels alone. that chaparral was no longer the only soul to bare witness to his outbursts. even if the others hadn't felt real. even if they were only presented as static in the blurring mind of a flame-consumed man. he could not stand the bewildered gazes.

perhaps he should just keep his head down and finish his meal.

even if it was disgusting. and rotten. and unworthy.

AND I'M JUST GETTING STARTED, LET ME OFFEND

virga — 16 moons — warrior — PENNED BY RUS

• "let me guess, you didn't catch that." virgasnare. someone who got on spidervenom's nerves, but always seemed to somehow manage to bring a smile to his normally bitter face. someone that he had a small slither of trust in. just like owlgaze. and hickoryroot. he couldn't trust them fully, no matter how much he wanted to, as betrayal seemed to frequent in his life, and he always left himself room to be hurt just in case, but in his opinion, virga should of considered himself lucky that he got even that much. "you've probably gone and offended to poor squirrel. ah, i've got it. maybe you should apologize. it may be dead, but i'm sure it still has feelings." though subtle, a small smile twitched at the corner of his lips, his teeth managing to shine through. what an odd fellow. spidervenom never had a mind to argue with dead prey, but those that had died under his paw.. certainly their corpses got an ear full.

MY GUY PRETTY LIKE A GIRL

AND HE GOT FIVE STORIES TO TELL

I SEE BOTH SIDES LIKE CHANEL

C ON BOTH SIDES LIKE CHANEL

male + medicine cat apprentice + 10 moons + penned by scar.

• 「 can people just untie themselves — uncurling like f l o w e r s 」

Drawn in by the sound of insults, at the prospect of a fight, Flurrypaw found her way over to Spidervenom and Virgasnare, catching the tail end of the situation enough to understand that the insults had been thrown at the squirrel the warrior was currently eating and not between the two toms. Glancing curiously between the squirrel and Virgasnare, Flurrypaw approached the pair, golden eyes sparkling.

"Are we practicing insults? Could I join? Just don't tell my parents, or they'll think I'm getting into a fight," Flurrypaw giggled a little as she glanced furtively over each shoulder, tail swishing as she purred. Looking back at Virgasnare, playful and warm, the apprentice continued without waiting for an answer.

"You're newer right? I don't think I've met you yet! My name's Flurrypaw, it's nice to meet you. I already know your name from around, but if you want to tell me anyway, I don't mind. I can be a little nosy sometimes, but I'm trying not to overstep. Did you catch that squirrel? Is that why you're yelling at it?" She seemed to say and ask everything in one breath, one endless train of thought. The light in her eyes never dimmed for a second, open and wide and genuine. Flurrypaw was never one to skirt around topics, and seemed to approach every cat the same, no matter their rank.

if you could just forgive yourself

darkclan ☁ apprentice ☁ 11 moons ☁ she-cat ☁ nightblaze x oakridge

penned by hanakosong - TAGS

• Virga

I BIT THE HAND OF GOD; NOW HE WON'T FEED ME EITHER

the man was about to continue his rain of insults, but his attention had shifted to the ever-familiar sight of the healer. which he hadn't understood, truly. healing, the art of it all was lost to the cutthroat. those who were weak enough to succumb to wounds should just lay to die, the way the squirrel had. they were meant to be nothing more than food to the winners.

winners like him.

"i'd rather burn than apologize to a squirrel." not that there was much left of it now, just the tattered pelt and uneven bite marks. an accusatory glare settled upon the left-overs, as it if would dare move. the concept of death was not something he had cared to entertain, it simply wasn't relevant to him. he wouldn't die to some low-life, and that's all he had needed to care about. "wipe that stupid grin off, you didn't say anything smart." those damn smiles always infuriated him, that smug look.

spidervenom was infuriating, but tolerable. even if the overwhelming scent of medicinal herbs dulled his nose, at the very least the other hadn't been false. not some blind optimist or hopeless romantic, just some pessimistic rouge trying to be different. but cats like him-cats like them don't get to change their ways.

another extra, meaning nothing and yet chittering away as if they had meant the world. she was easily on display, a personality that would never care to be hidden. "i'm not practicing!" did it sound like he was practicing? these stupid cats were trying to soften his tongue. "and why does no one think i caught the little thing? i'm a good hunter!" he had to provide for himself for all these moons, he had no choice to be anything else but proficient.

it is decided quickly that virga does not care for this audience. nor for their words, no matter how friendly. no matter how kind the words, the dog will always bite. it is what they did, and it is what virga had done.

flurrypaw, was it? he had wanted nothing more than to slap a paw over her mouth to force her to stop talking. even for just a few seconds. cats like her, he had came to found out, were dangerous. not physically, no, but mentally. "if you know my name, then there's no point in me saying it again, is there, airhead?" he'll forget her name the moment she leaves his sight anyways, there was no need to hold back anything.

AND I'M JUST GETTING STARTED, LET ME OFFEND

virga — 16 moons — warrior — PENNED BY RUS

• 「 can people just untie themselves — uncurling like f l o w e r s 」

Her tail flicks behind her, not irritated, but casual. Golden eyes sparkling still, Flurrypaw purrs with amusement and directs a cheerful expression toward Virga, seemingly unfazed. The leader's daughter, a near carbon copy of his appearance, though slimmer and far more exuberant, was a bright apprentice. Her spirit was hardly ever dented, her faith unconditional, and her heart open.

"I think it's courteous to at least offer a chance at self-introduction, despite circumstances, don't you?" Flurrypaw says this smoothly, cheerful as ever. "If you're a good hunter, would you like to come hunting with me? I still need the practice!" There is an ever so subtle shift to her cheer, an underlying tone that is barely noticeable, but definitely was not there before. Despite it all, she is still cheerful and ringing and bright.

if you could just forgive yourself

darkclan ☁ apprentice ☁ 11 moons ☁ she-cat ☁ nightblaze x oakridge

penned by hanakosong - TAGS