Into the Void (Family Seeks Home)

We've done a few more changes to the site you can read about HERE
  • The scarred tomcat padded through the mountains, his three kittens stumbling behind him as they descended to the lands below. When they reached the lower lands, the cat stretched out his limber body and paused to check over the kits. Three sets of eyes peered up at him, the cat flicking his half tail and leading them on. They traveled for days, scrounging on rats and carrion, until they neared the potential end of their journey. It took a while for the kits and their father to reach their destination, an abandoned town full of derelict buildings and rats galore. “Papa, what is that horrid smell?” A silver furred Tom kit spoke in disgust, his nose wrinkling at the stench of sewage.

“That would be a rat nest,” spoke the tom cat. “Sewage, to be precise. A two-leg thing to get rid of their waste. Now hush Wolf. We seek to join a clan.”

“Assuming they’ll let us in. We’re filthy.”

“Nothing a bath won’t fix,” muttered a tawny-beige kit with black stripes, giving his brother a side glance and causing the biggest cat’s fur to bristle. Beside him, their sister lay between her brothers, watching their surroundings with fear.

“Oi! Anyone gonna let us in?!”

“Wolf! Behave.”

• Vortex was patroling the town, looking for food or something to do. The black tom glanced around, head tilted back to smell the air. He lowered his scarred head as he scented a- strangely off cat scent. The ripper narrowed his eyes and followed the scent trail, black fur tensing. Vortex let out a startled hiss as he saw a limber cat. He unsheathed his claws, then noticed three kits beside him. He lowered his jaw to show pointed teeth, and stared with his icy blue eyes at the father. "What are you doing here? You should know this is BloodClan territory! Tell me your name, kits names and why you are here. But- seriousness aside, are you hungry? I buried a thrush and a mouse around here somewhere." Vortex wrapped his tail around himself and rested it upon his front paws, forcing his fur to lie flat.

Vortex- Male BloodClan Ripper With Black Fur And Icy Blue Eyes

• Thankfully for the impatient Wolf and his siblings, it wasn't long before someone noticed their arrival and appeared to challenge them, the kit bristling and hissing until his father laid a paw with unsheathed claws on his head, pricking his flesh and pushing him down. The scarred cat turned steely eyes upon Wolf until the kit submitted to his father's glare and claws, going limp but scowling up at the cat that had approached them. Releasing his claws from the kit's head, he sheathed them and turned back to face the icy blue eyes of the other. "Ah, so we are in Blood Clan. How...lovely," Lizard spoke.

Pond is still huddled in between her brothers as Wolf gets punished for acting out, the frail kit shrinking even further into Scourge's side as her eyes continue to watch the cat staring at papa but the runt's stomach rumbles with hunger at being asked if they're hungry. "Papa...I'm hungry."

"Me too," Scourge piped up.
    "Mister, are you going to feed us?"

Even though the kits had been fed on their journey and had eaten before they got here, they were growing. At three months old, they needed all the food they could get, especially Pond who was small and frail as it was. Thus, the exiled tribe member did not reprimand the latter two kits like he'd done with his other son. "Lizard...and my kits are Pond When Ice Melts or Pond for short, Wolf That Howls in Night or Wolf for short and Scourge." As he spoke, he would gesture with a paw towards each kitten that would stare at the cat. One might be able to guess the kits were half tribe by their names, but the tomcat had no intentions of revealing his own crimes or exile to anyone nor of his dear sister who he'd had to leave behind, who couldn't understand why he had done what he'd done.

Lizard shook his head before opening his mouth, however Wolf beat him to it. "Our mother was a blood cat. She was weak and died." Lizard said nothing but his eyes closed in pain as Scourge shot his older brother a murderous glare at speaking up.

"My kits could do with something, if you would be so kind," spoke Lizard at last.

WarriorCatsLover10  

• Vortex listened to the cats conversing, holding a snarl when Wolf betrayed his mother, and when Lizard- corrected Wolf. The black tom dipped his head and stood up. "Ok, sure, I'll get you food- BUT - you must not move a mouse-length until I return or I will rip. You. Apart. Got it?" The ripper turned away, not bothering for an awnser as he padded off into the surroundings. Soon, the tom appeared with a plump thrush and a scrawny mouse dangling from his jaws. "Im back! Did you move?" Vortex's icy eyes locked with Lizard's as he set down the food. Before anyone could reach it, he placed a protective paw on the prey. "Now, before you eat, I need two things. Firstly, are you joining BloodClan? I can't help if you are not, and will have to take you prisoner or kill you." He growled with no emotion. "And secondly, what are these?" When he said 'these', the tom pointed to his white collar, which had bloodstains and bones sticking out of it. Vortex let out a ghoulish laugh and unsheathed his claws, tearing at the overgrown grass, teeth red from blood and his pelt showing the scars it was littered with. Little did they know that the ripper had told his leader about the odd cats.

Stitches

• Lizard would absently wave the cat away in a dismissive manner, blinking one eye in acknowledgement before turning back to his kits, his gaze surveying them in warning. It was a simple warning, be quiet and behave. "Idiot. You know papa doesn't like talking about mama," hissed Scourge in a low tone to Wolf.

"That cat was insulting papa and us."

"Enough," the tomcat spoke, his voice tinged in warning and the pair of kits fell silent at the order. "What did your mother say?"

"They like killing cats of the forest for shit and kicks," spoke Wolf. "Probably because they have nothing better to do with their lives."

The tomcat rolled his eyes and didn't even bother to respond to his child's words. However Pond piped up with a question.

"Papa, what's a mouse-length?"

"Two or three inches," spoke the tomcat. "Slightly longer then a kitten step but not by much."

"Beetle-brain," muttered Scourge to his brother. "These cats don't believe in the tribe of endless hunting or the forest cats' star clan do they papa?"

"They're rogues," spoke Lizard. "Some may have betrayed their clan and joined these group of cutthroats, but I never had much knowledge of them. But you are right Scourge, they believe not in the tribe nor in star clan according to your mother."

It wasn't long until the cat that had originally approached them returned, carrying caught-prey in his jaws, the cat then dangling said prey in front of the hungry kits. "Does it..."

"No mister," cut in Scourge before Wolf could mouth off again. The toyger korat hybrid looked at the food and then looked at Pond. The tawny-beige kit often tried to be a calming influence on Wolf, given the trouble Wolf caused.

"Why would we come here if we weren't interested in joining? What idiot...."

The tomcat sighed in exasperation and put a paw to his face, running a paw down it.
    "Despite the kit's lack of politeness," he said slowly, "he is right that we have come here to join. It was...their mother's wish." The feline didn't appear too thrilled about their mother's 'wish' but he would honor the deceased and weak molly.

"A dog collar," scoffed Wolf. "Beetle-brain."

Lizard turned to the kit, twitching his tail as he stared down at the male and a warning growl came from his maw. Pond hesitantly sat up as she looked at papa and then at the cat in front of them. "Teeth?" she questioned uncertainly, her nose twitching to try to pick up the scent. "You could use a bath too mister." The little molly's comment wasn't meant to be insulting, the kit just assumed he was dirty due to the blood staining his pelt.

Scourge shook his head, lifting a leg to scratch at his neck.
    "Bones," said Scourge simply. The kit didn't mention that mama's collar had teeth and claws, which was where Pond had gotten her guess from.

WarriorCatsLover10  

• "Insanity."

— Stitches

bioplottingmain

Laying in her nest, Stitches was lazing about and grooming her fur. She was close enough to the ledge so that she could bath in the light that filtered in through the windows whilst looking out onto the streets. Her eyebrow raised when she noticed the ebony feline dash around with a large amount of prey hanging from his jaws. Curious paws lead her to skip after Vortex until she caught up to him and greeted by a family of cats.

Her beady eyes widened in shock - if there was anything the leader hated was kits... Through no fault of their own, she just believed that the younger ones in particular where a bit too innocent to be around her and she hated feeling like she had to restrain herself. Stitches loved to make those around her act in a way that was not natural to them but she hated it when the tables turned and kits, kits were a good way of doing that.

She shifted her gaze onto the adult of the group and tilted her head before speaking. "You're on our territory. My members are feeding you and your family. I'm assuming you think you and your children can join? Seems a little unfair no? One hunter but four extra mouths to feed..." she spoke slowly, a frown on her maw as she paced closer until she was merely a few steps away from lizard.

"PAH! Of course you can!" she exclaimed in a quick 180 of demeanor. Her manic laughter echoed around them before she turned to face Lizard once more, "As long as your family is willing to contribute. Learn our customs and give back to the clan that raised it, you may join."

• They wait and the cat that teases food in front of his kits is close to getting his fucking head ripped off by Lizard. Luckily for the feline, someone else finally shows up and Wolf snorts in derision as he looks up at the cat. "A molly?"

Papa doesn't correct or chastise the kit for speaking in such a manner, the kit's only speaking what Lizard is thinking to himself. He remembers from kithood that Stoneteller was a female and the Stonteller before that male. Owl and Veil if he remembers correctly and he doesn't like to remember. The names bring a sour taste to his mouth and he spits, not caring if that it lands on the ground between him and the strange felines. The tom's eyes watch the molly as she stares at them. Is that shock or surprise in her eyes at seeing them? Well, he certainly doesn't know any clan cats. The cat then speaks to them, well to him and the kits stare at the two strangers, all three-except for Wolf's outburst-silent. "I can feed my own kittens, thank you very much," hissed Lizard, insulted that the female was daring say he couldn't provide for his young. "I'd suggest you tell your little cretin there to quit teasing and quizzing my kittens."

There's a growl to the tom's voice as he speaks and the molly spins around, but Lizard sees the frown on her maw before she does so. Then she suddenly does a one eighty, causing Wolf to mutter that the molly is crazy under his breath and the male spares his son a moment to glare at the kit as the female says as long as they do their part and give back to the clan that they can join. Before Wolf can even open his mouth again, the male cuffs his son with a paw, claws sheathed, on the head and clears his throat. "They're half-blood," speaks Lizard, the only thing he will say concerning his kits' blood. "As for 'helping'...their choices are their own in life. Whether they choose to serve this clan or not is nobody's decision but their own." His words are final, he will have no arguments concerning it. "But...I can hunt decent enough." He'd had to learn after all...once upon a season.

The post was edited 1 time, last by vgcrucis ().

• Vortex hissed slightly when Stiches arrived and paced to sit behind Wolf. His blue eyes gazed upon the other cats, not even looking at Stitches. Growling the ripper unsheathed his claws at 'cretin' but slid the prey over. Dipping his head the black furred tom snarled at Stitches but waited for her command.

• Even as it was agreed they could join, even as Lizard told Stiches to tell Vortex to release the prey, the feline who had met them at the border of Blood would release the prey for the hungry kits. They looked towards papa as the cat reached over and snagged the prey, drawing it towards the kits as Stiches was hissed at by the other tom, the tomcat wrapping his tail around Pond as the kits began tearing into the bit of food. Pulling the little frail thing close, he calmly watched the two cats before him that were apparently now his clan mates, waiting to see if there were anything else that would be said.

The post was edited 1 time, last by vgcrucis ().

• Vortex suddenly leapt upon Lizard and clawed his nose quickly, spitting and hissing. "If even ONE of your kits step a hair out of line, I will take great pleasure in punishing. Every. Single. One. Got that?!" His black pelt heaved in frustration as he whirled around in fury, bounding away.

• Taken aback by the other tom's attack, Lizard did not get out of the way in time to prevent the scratch, allowing Vortex to claw his nose and then have the audacity to threaten his kittens. Blood dripped down his nose to his paws as he stared after the cat after it threatened to punish all three of his kits if even one of them stepped out of line. Beside him Wolf was glaring, not very impressive, the kit's fur rising on his back and Lizard put out a paw to keep the kit from bounding after the tom as it fled. "Pa..." Lizard turned his gaze upon his son, glaring at the kit to be quiet and the little trouble maker reluctantly did not continue.

"Well...I'd say we're done here. Kits pick up your food," said Lizard, waiting only a second for the kits to do as they were told before dismissing himself and his kits without a word to Stiches, assuming she was still there that was, and led them into the infestation.

-Out-