DON'T YOU LOVE WHEN I COME AROUND - hickory

We've done a few more changes to the site you can read about HERE
  • he knew it was wrong, and that starclan was already terribly disappointed in him, but the medicine cat could not, nor would he ever really hide his feelings. after all, he was very blunt and abrasive. rude, even. and why? because he was never one to shy away from how he was feeling unless he felt weak, or sad. those were feelings that he never spoke on. never talked about. but this was different. he didn't feel sad.. or angry or even guilty at the moment. he felt content. happy. calm. and why? well, he had asked hickory to explore the territory with him, and the tom had agreed. he couldn't really understand why he felt so excited about it, but had starclan knew his feelings, they surely would be rather upset. after all, wasn't it one of the rules that medicine cats could not take mates? had spidervenom knew that he would of liked hickoryroot so much, he would of never agreed to hang out with him. unfortunately, he couldn't help it. he wanted nothing more than to be around hickoryroot. and that was his weakness. "you ready to go, sleepyhead, or do I gotta drag you by your lazy tail already?" the medicine cat seemed to be playful, and was actually teasing the warrior. who knew he could be so kind?

hickoryroot

MY GUY PRETTY LIKE A GIRL

AND HE GOT FIVE STORIES TO TELL

I SEE BOTH SIDES LIKE CHANEL

C ON BOTH SIDES LIKE CHANEL

male + medicine cat apprentice + 10 moons + penned by scar.

• Stretched out in the sunlight, the Havana brown picked up his head and blinked slow and lazy at Spidervenom for a moment. He was so content and warm - tired after helping to organize and build the new camp - that he almost forgot about his plans with the medicine cat. But after a second of staring at the other tom, he remembered, and Hickoryroot was on his paws eagerly. Pausing to stretch out his limbs and shake his pelt, the tom bounded to Spidervenom's side and purred happily.

"Nope! I'm ready to go! Been waiting around for you, slowpoke." The young warrior was usually rather upbeat with most of his Clanmates, happy to make friends with them and establish connections. Admittedly at the beginning, Spidervenom had been something of a project. The medicine cat apprentice - at the time - who was brash and blunt and cold-shouldered, who had no friends. Enter Hickoryroot, freshly a warrior of a few moons and never one to back down from a challenge, the kind of cat who set his mind to things and stuck to them.

Of course, he hadn't accounted for developing feelings, but that was neither here nor there. He had them, he felt them, they weren't entirely acknowledged, but so long as he got to spend time with Spidervenom, he was content. No need to ruin a good thing with rules and such.

"speaking.thoughts."

i'll take the blame for this tragedy —— tags.

darkclan ✽ warrior ✽ 17 moons ✽ tom ✽ shadefall x tommy

penned by hanakosong - TAGS

• smiling, the usually moody medicine cat faked a dramatic gasp, pressing his paw against his chest, to further add to the dramatics of the situation. "slowpoke? oh, you wound me.. and here I was thinking you loved me." he sighed, being rather extreme with it, momentarily falling over, and out stretching his paws, before he just laughed, standing up and shaking out his pelt. "alright, enough dramatics. let's go before you decide to kill me off again." he bumped himself against hickoryroot before exiting the new camp, staring at the wide land. it seemed a lot more peaceful here, especially with the presence of starclan, allowing a lack of weird the weather pattern they had dealt with in the old territory. "okay, i'm gonna be honest, I have no idea what was out here. I really wasn't paying attention on the walk here, and.. I guess we will just have to see. could take all day. maybe longer. you alright without, nest head?" he asked, turning his head to hickory with a toothy grin, though there was no anger, or malice. he was just curious and concerned, was all.

• That word bounced around the inside of his head for a moment, pale green eyes watching Spidervenom dramatically fall to the ground before the medicine cat was up an away. Love.

Oh.

Shaking himself when Spidervenom's bump to his shoulder knocked his thoughts back to the present moment, Hickoryroot felt his fur grow hot as the Havana brown scrambled after the other. His focus felt a little skewed, but Hickoryroot was determined to just be present for right now. It had been so long since the two of them had a moment to themselves to just mess around and be friends. The journey had been long and they hadn't strayed far from the group they traveled with, not wanting to divide. This was a new old luxury and Hickoryroot intended to utilize every second.

"That doesn't surprise me," Hickoryroot purred in response. "If the borders weren't marked already, I wouldn't know where our territory ended."

"speaking.thoughts."

• the tom's head turned towards hickory's with a small twitch of his nose. "yeah if.. the clans weren't so determined to hear from starclan.. I'm not sure I would of come. all this moving and stuff took a toll. but its alright, we can't go back now." he drew his tongue cross his chest a few times, before his torn ear flicked backwards. "but I kind of just want to get a feel of the territory. I have to figure out what kind of herbs are here so I can let the other clans know, so we can make sure we correlate on that. I'm annoyed already." he huffed, his tail lashing back and forth. "ooh, I know! why don't you be a medicine cat, and I'll be a warrior. that way you can go talk to the other medicine cats about boring things like talking to the starry ancestors and i can lay around and do nothing all day." of course he was joking. not only did he not have any desire to be a warrior, but being a medicine cat was kind of the only thing that kept him even remotely sane. he was sure if he had to be a warrior, that he wouldn't of been able to control himself when it came to his roguish tendencies. he didn't like to think about it, but it was the cold hard truth.

• Chuckling quietly and brushing against Spidervenom's shoulder as they walked, Hickoryroot shook his head and wove a quick circle around the other tom before bounding off to sniff at a flowering plant nearby. The Havana brown glanced over his shoulder to catch Spidervenom's gaze before speaking again.

"I'll do whatever you ask of me," he promised with probably just a bit too much sincerity to be considered platonic, but moved on quickly. "But we could also turn this into a scavenger hunt! Of course we can't exactly split up because that wouldn't be fun and also I don't know what I'm looking for. But what about this thing? Is it an herb?" Hickoryroot gestured to the bright blue buds, their sickly sweet smell making his nose wrinkle just a little. Truly he had no idea what this was, even though he had seen them scattered throughout the territory on the patrols he had been on so far.

"speaking.thoughts."

• his tail tip seemed to flick back and forth at the other's response. he'd do whatever spidervenom asked? well.. that was.. he didn't really know what to think of that. it's not like spider would of asked him anything crazy like to take a life or hike up a mountain to find the most beautiful flower in the world. why would he feel like he needed to do anything the tom asked? he gently rubbed his head with confusion, before turning to the small flower, leaning down and sniffing it. "ugh its sweet." he shook his head for a moment before just shrugging. "i'm not too sure. let's take it anyways, yeah?" he said, before pausing right before grabbing the flower, his torn ear flicking. "can I tell you something? it's been bothering me since bluefoot died and I just.. I think I need to get it off my chest." was he really gonna tell this tom the truth? the whole truth? even about his developing feelings? he didn't know in all honesty. he just felt tired carrying around the lie.

• Leaning down to sniff the flower after Spidervenom had said it was sweet smelling, curious, Hickoryroot hummed quietly at the scent. It was rather sweet, compared to the bitter smelling herbs that he had experienced in his time getting healed. But it wasn't like it would hurt to take it with them. Waiting for Spidervenom to collect the flower - not wanting to attempt that for himself - the Havana brown looked around them, scanning their surroundings out of habit.

The medicine cat's voice drew his gaze back a moment later, curious at the strange tone. Scooting a bit closer to Spidervenom, Hickoryroot's pale green gaze locked onto the other tom, and he said with all the sincerity he could possibly express, "of course. You can tell me anything."

"speaking.thoughts."

• taking a deep breath, the tom just sat down, shaking his head. "okay. so you know that uhm bluefoot died trying to protect me. I tried to tell him just leave and that I would handle it but he wouldn't." he flattened his ears staring at his paws for a moment, before he lifted his head back up, tears beginning to cloud his eyes. "that rogue was there for me. she wanted to kill me. she was going to kill me. it's really funny because at some point.. I would of considered her family. not real family but.. someone who looked after me when my parents died." he admitted, before rubbing his eyes. "I killed her mate. my old mentor. I didn't have to, but I did. I wanted him dead, so I killed him to keep him from killing you all. and that haunts me everyday. I should of just... I should of left him alone.. then bluefoot would be alive too. and i.. wouldn't feel so horrible about this. and I killed her too.. so, more rogues are going to come and if they figure out just how much you and everyone here means to me..." he shifted himself again, looking at hickoryroot, obviously scared for once. he didn't have a lot of fears after living a roguish life.. but losing hickory was absolutely on that list. "you do mean a lot to me. i.. can't believe i'm admitting this.. but i.. love you, hickoryroot. you dont have to say anything but the idea of me dying because I'm hated by so many and not telling you is killing me."

• Listening attentively, Hickoryroot feels his throat seize up with - not terror, but something akin to it. Not because he's scared of Spidervenom, Hickoryroot knows that the other tom would never hurt him and has deep loyalty to DarkClan, but there was another cat in the Havana brown's life who he thought was loyal to DarkClan.

There's a phantom ache across the warrior's stomach, old skin burning irrationally and he has to swallow around the lump in his throat. Hickoryroot goes to say something, but then Spidervenom continues and...oh.

Oh.

He hasn't heard that word since he was a kit. And from Spidervenom to him? Hickoryroot feels like he should be on cloud nine, but that phantom ache still sits like a rock in his gut and he's toying with the idea of a confession that has never left his lips. He's not sure he can form words just yet, which is very much unlike Hickoryroot.

Instead, the tom settles for moving into Spidervenom's space and pressing his head against the other's shoulder, breathing in that thick herbal scent that perpetually clings to the medicine cat's fur. It's comforting, familiar, and drowns out the memories clawing at the back of his mind. Hickoryroot centers himself before he pulls back to look Spidervenom in the eye.

"I don't want to scare you, but I love you, too. Nothing's going to happen to me." He can't say those other words, not yet. So he focuses on the good, and hopes they can move on from there.

"speaking.thoughts."