black skies changed into blue — book fair/library

We've done a few more changes to the site you can read about HERE
  • LOVE AND LIES ARE A PRICE THAT I WOULD RATHER THROW AWAY —

On any other day, Dryice was typically more reclusive and secretive about his library. It was as personal to him as his mind itself, locked tight under the lock and key of the words he spoke. However, today was different.

It was both personally relevant and universally true that all knowledge deserved to be shared. He said when he had arrived to the kingdom that he was willing to contribute his creative talent to the kingdom, and Sangria had replied saying it would be well appreciated. Meanwhile, he craved a certain information that could mean saving his life, as well as those around him. It wasn't too hard to decide to set-up a library.

Admittedly, Dryice hadn't thought of what others would have wanted in regards to the library. He had just up and done it. Thus, he had acquired a few bookshelves from some friendly traders in exchange for some condor feathers, his special ink, and yellow flowers. Not only that, but from the recent visit from the Coven of Elysia, he had acquired some very comfortable blankets - cozy enough to curl up with a book! He placed these along a windowside in the hut, and provided a comfy couch as well. Now, the Artistry Guild had its own personal reading section, courtesy of Dryice. The bookshelves lined the walls on either side of the window, though allowed just enough space for whatever else was inside the guild's headquarters.

To accompany the set-up and really attract people to visit his bookworm's hideout, in front of the windowside and couch was a table. Teacups with tea and coffee stood alongside platters of pastries, hot and ready for any hungry or thirsty guest. The hellhound himself allowed himself to lay along the couch's arm, a dish with a chocolate croissant and a (mostly milky) cup of coffee beside it. He took a few sips from his steamy, sugary delight, and waited for visitors to arrive. His books - as well as anyone else's he could convince to donate - filled the shelves in their proper A through Z, classification system. He was truly putting his previous library assistant experience to use.

[TL;DR:]

A flyer sat outside the door of the guild entrance, which read this:

BOOK FAIR/LIBRARY EVENT

Hosted by Dryice

The Artistry Guild now has a library! Stop by, curl up on the couch, sip a warm drink, grab a bite to eat! Feel free to contribute your own work, or borrow others' to read!

— WE'LL TEAR THE SKIN FROM ALL THOSE PRECIOUS HAPPY DAYS

chGlEps.png

CRUCIFY MY CRAVINGS

underneath the castle grounds,

( I WILL RUN UNTIL I'M FOUND )

bio + tags + plot + library + solaris kingdom sunguard + penned by Redd.

— has a condor named hermes

• Johnny had only really surrounded himself with books a few times. Training Claret meant interacting with the things a lot, but he didn't mind that- they were a sweet kid, and they'd asked him to train them, and he was more than happy to oblige. But even before that, and even before he'd trained with Scarlet in the Flights, he'd tried his best with books. Nicholas had been the one to try and teach him. Their father couldn't be bothered to teach Johnny anything more than racing or 'respect', so his brother was often the default teacher for the more important things in life, things he's still not quite good at. He had learned to read, but not to the level that everyone else could. Racing had always been more important. Something had always been more important. Then Nicholas died.

Johnny stands outside the Artistry Guild for minutes, staring at the flyer. Should he go in? He can't read very well- it took him a good moment to figure out what the flyer alone said -and he isn't sure that he'll be a welcome presence inside, but that shouldn't stop him. He needs to hold his head higher for his children's sake. Maybe Perses or Hesperia or Kirsche would get a kick out of this little event. He should be inside, waiting for them. So he enters. The savannah tom admires the set-up of the place; it looks like it took a while to put together, from the nicely-packed bookshelves to the soft blankets and couches. It's only when he smells the cups of tea and coffee and plates of food that he is truly appreciative, though. Books alone weren't all too interesting to him, unfortunately, but he did like a good cup of coffee.

Blue eyes scout out the hellcat as he moves to get his own drink off of the table, though it proves hard to move and hold it at the same time, considering the way his weak hind legs still dragged behind him. "Hey, this's a real neat thing ya got goin' on here," Johnny compliments, earnest. "Did y' do this all on yer own?" He takes a sip of his coffee and notes that it's more milk than not, but that's okay. He's just grateful for anything that wasn't water.

this god of mine relaxes; world dies i still pay taxes

CAN I BE AS MY GOD AM? CAN YOU BE AS GOD AM?

JOHNNY JOESTAR | SOLARIS KINGDOM | STORAGE | PENNED BY MEGHAN

• ☾☾☾」― jaymoon felt particularly bad, he didn't really do much for the artistry guild save for upkeeping it and making sure it didn't fall into ruin. it felt like he was moreso in it to explore his own creative thoughts rather than help others to achieve it, but then again it felt like more creatures often joined the other guilds.

maybe he'd try to push his guilt to the side in order to visit the library that dryice had step up. he wasn't one for anything other than water, but the black and white tom cat padded over to the two souls already here. "a-are there some books on... poetry?" he'd asked quietly, sniffling some snot away.

• Kirusha sometimes crept down into the catacombs of the Shadow Veil tunnels, where he could rifle through old botanical books and get a grasp on the language. His mother had taught him how to read when he was three months old, and he had picked up on it fast. Longer words could still be difficult, but for the most part he had mastered reading. An exciting revelation, because now he could go to cool things like... book fairs! They certainly didn't have anything like that in Shadow Veil or Volary Flights, but the Solaris Kingdom seemed a little more academical, so this made sense. His eyes were still wide as he read over the flyer, marveling at the idea. Well, he certainly wouldn't pass up the chance to borrow some books.

He slipped in to the library after Johnny and Jaymoon, taking in the sights. Bookshelves, blankets, couch, beverages, pastries, three clanmates he didn't know. "This's cool!" He almost echoed Johnny, before twisting around abruptly to put his forepaws on the table and snap up a croissant. Claws clacked on the floor as he dropped back down and turned to the three solarians, ears perking up in curiosity. Questions had already been fired, so he didn't think it would hurt to add one of his own in to the mix. "Whaddya think the best book here is?" Kirusha knew that was a subjective answer, and that was precisely why he wanted it from Dryice. It would be a neat look into his head, and it would be a lot easier to search for one book rather than read through all of them. He had enough of that at the catacombs, thanks.

☆ ☆ ☆

we're burning down the highway skyline

on the back of a hurricane

freya x calina | trailblazer of the solaris kingdom | water elementalist

• Perses enjoyed having eyes on his family, so when he noticed his dad go into the guild building perses followed rather closely behind. He didn't know what the sign said, perses couldn't read it, he had noticed there was many 'signs' around solaris kingdom. Too bad he couldn't read any of them, however mr. dryice said he would teach him, right? He looked at the books littered the area, knowing nothing about what was in them or really caring. However his eyes would go to dryice as he waited for everyone to arrive, narrowing his eyes in frustration. "I don't know how to read" he stated rather simply. Jumping away from him to grab himself something to eat, donut! He wanted a donut! Good white powdery donut! Oh ya, dad was here. He would run over to his father, grabbing what he thought was a pretty simply children's book... well there was tons of colors on it. "dad can you read me this book?" he asked, showing him the book he had found confidently.

NOT SHY OF A SPARK !

BUT I CRUMBLE COMPLETELY WHEN YOU CRY

ONCE AGAIN YOU'VE HAD TO GREET ME WITH "GOODBYE"!

tags. | played by puddles.

• Kirsche has already spend some considerable amount of time in Solaris Kingdom's previous cubby-hole filled with historical literature, being taught the basics of reading at a young age and guiding himself through the rest of his educational journey. He found the passages detailing the many previous monarchs of his kingdom fascinating - exploring the group's past all the way back to the days of when the kingdom was named Sunclan, back to when they were but a small band of animals that operated in a similar manner to how The Cartel did nowadays, back when no one had ever thought their tales would be cemented in the minds of generations to come. Then again, the boy supposes that he doesn't think that his life as it were currently would ever see the same dignity as those historical figures he pours his time reading into. But he'd like it to be.

As a member of the Artistry guild, Kirsche is already keeping himself busy at the makeshift library, paws skimming across spines of books as he searches for his next read. The young prince had not been the most helpful set of paws to Dryice, refraining from actually setting up any of the coinciding activities for those who chose to attend, but he was present at least. The young boy's eyes light as his paws skim off the dust on an older book, revealing the title; it wasn't one that Kirsche had read before. The boy would just delve right into his newest find, but the arrive of more Solarian's whisk his attention away for few moments.

"Somewhere, but if they come back soaking wet? You can just keep it." Comes the child's haughty response to Jaymoon's well-meant query, concerned gaze glancing to the older man's running nose. Kirsche frankly hadn't much information as to where the poetry books were kept, figuring that Dryice would be better suited to answer that question, but surely there were some lurking away in some hidden corner of the space. To be perfectly honest, Kirsche was just happy that his favourite genre would be safe from any nasal spillage - accidental or otherwise.

IF YOU WERE THERE, BEWARE

THE SERPENT SOUL PINCHERS

Dryice grimaced at Jaymoon's obvious nasal drainage, and his brows furrowed together. He felt his jaw clench, and unclench as he tried to keep cool, "A- Ah ... I have one over there." He gestured toward a bookcase with a paw, and closed his eyes as if wincing. "Do, ah, be careful not to get any ... mucus ... on my literature. Most of these are not originals, but simply copies of the originals, though it would be a lot of work for me to go through and have to rewrite an entire book the first day the library has opened." He looked to Kirsche, and thought about reprimanding the young boy for what he had said, but thought better of it. This was both because he felt it wasn't his place, and the fact he felt mildly inclined (deep down) to agree with the child as well.

He didn't exactly want to give away a book, and get sewage in return, after all.

Helios, renting away books gave him anxiety. He knew that not everyone knew how to take care of them, and accidents were prone to happen. Maybe he should just accept this would be a lot of upkeep from the get go rather than urging some of the kingdomers to adopt an etiquette unfamiliar to them. Books, after all, were made of paper, and paper was unmistakably fragile.

With his worries put to rest, he would face Johnny, and his facial expression - tense before - seemed to relax. "Oh, well, I requested a bit of help here and there. Most of it was coordinated by me, however; so, yes." He rolled his shoulders back, sitting up straight from where he laid. Pride filled his features with confidence. He had really outdone himself with this job, he had to admit. It wasn't his most luxurious or grand library he had managed yet, but still great nonetheless due to the work he alone had put into it.

He nodded at the other two children who had entered the premises. While on one paw he was quite happy his collection was gaining popularity, especially with the younger Solarians - reading was truly a great feat to achieve at such a young age - he also wondered if he had involuntarily signed up to be a part-time babysitter. He wasn't ... sure if that was the best idea. He considered this as he glanced at the outspoken Kirsche, then quickly looked back to Perses and Kirusha.

"Ah, my best?" Truthfully, he knew which book he preferred the most over them all. It was one that he shared the most history with, after moonlit, starving nights, and his only food being the food for thought the words on the page provided. Keeping in mind Kirusha's age, his recommendation was obvious. "I actually wrote that one. I think you might like Helios and the Hero. It's a great introductory book for children. You might like it."

His curious eyes lingered once again to Perses, and he let out a soft laugh as he begged poor Johnny to read him a book. Ah, I definitely need to teach him how to read soon. Hell, maybe he'd write a book about that, too. The literature market in Agrelos wasn't exactly oversaturated, after all.

chGlEps.png

CRUCIFY MY CRAVINGS

• Things had been rough for the bengal cat as of late, and Dryice had been the one to figure that out first. Though the event that shook him up had long since past there was still a general air of tiredness to the male as he walked and went about his daily life. Bandages around his neck, paying less attention then normal, drifting off mid conversation, sleeping far earlier then normal, it would be some time before he returned completely to normal and Osiris almost seemed complacent to that fact. It was a well-deserved punishment to feel this way, wasn't it? He'd risked his mate's safety by acting recklessly against a Ruiner, he'd risked his own by using those bastard powers he'd been born with, if he could wallow in self-misery to atone then hell he would do it in a heartbeat... until one particular day. He walked past the Artistry Guild on his normal route to the rooftops when his eyes caught wind of a flyer not normally found on the entrance. 'Oh? Is it closed?' Had been the initial thought, up until the point where he saw 'Library'. The difference in demeanour was night and day. Without a care in the world for decorum he swung right into the guild and gave a half-sprint towards the first available shelf he saw.

Osiris smiled to himself, squinting at each name he saw on the spines, hind legs doing a little dance as they tapped the floor in his excitement. The smells of coffee and pastry entered his nostrils and yet the Sunguard seemed to ignore them entirely in favour of observing the collection. He was like a kid in a candy store. His ears swivelled as Dryice spoke more of his collection, how he wrote his own books and how he'd made copies of a lot of the ones seen here. I like you. Osiris decided. Please don't fuck it up. "It is so rare to find someone who has as much respect for books as this..." he spoke in awe to the shelf, uncertain if he himself was even trying to speak to Dryice. Osiris was content to let them talk to the other patrons whilst he got to fawn over rarer literature pieces. "Oh? What's this one?". He reared up and carefully placed his forepaws on a higher shelf, nose pointing towards a black book.

osiris.png?width=999&height=677

THIS WILL NEVER END 'CAUSE I WANT MORE, GIVE ME MORE

7 YEARS / SUNCHASER / SCRUFFY BENGAL CAT / TAGS / SOLARIS KINGDOM / PENNED BY VEXXYUS

• EVERYTHING THAT KILLS ME MAKES ME FEEL ALIVE

She follows her little brothers and Johnny inside on her sled, unnatural eyes wandering around the library. Sangria had taught her from a young age how to read, and she spent most of her time doing it when she was bedridden. She consumed stories, history, and sciences. Particularly the last one, as it helped her build new inventions. Her latest, for example, is the sling sled she’s using to get around after her incident with the sun pond. She still doesn’t have a formal name for it yet, but it works, allowing her to move around without messing with her injuries.

The princess slides around the bookshelves, looking for more engineering books, or something similar, to borrow for a bit.

( )

TAKE THAT MONEY WATCH IT BURN

SINK IN THE RIVER THE LESSONS I LEARNED

Forsythia Aeternum Tormenta Million ( ) Solaris Princess ( ) played by dulcetdreams

D's attention was indeed drawn quite thin. After all, he had four youngsters convene as well as one slightly sick Solarian here. Hopefully whatever Jaymoon had wasn't contagious. It would be horrible to have to worry about recovery and the full moon. Thus, Osiris's voice was merely background noise for him until his ears perked up at an inquiry.

His serpentine slits swiveled to Osiris, and he blinked incredulously in that direction. Noticing it was a bit familiar for just an ordinary black book, he set his coffee down carefully, though not before wolfing down his croissant in one bite. He leaped off the couch daintily on his thin, stilt-like legs, and trotted up behind the cat, inspecting the spine with a trained eye. "Hmm. That seems to be a copy of one of my books. Secrets of Agrelos: 1st Edition, from what I can tell."

His skin crawled. Was it really a great idea to let just anyone read these books? Osiris, especially, was quite adventurous, and some of the locations mentioned in that book were more than dangerous. "Don't believe everything this one tells you. It's quite outdated," he remarked, hoping that would put to rest any misguided curiosity Osiris might have about the text.

chGlEps.png

CRUCIFY MY CRAVINGS

• ☾・゚. we've got dreams and they start right here

It had been so long since I'd last seen a place so full of books and people reading. For a moment it felt as if I was transported back home, to the library my parents maintained. I remembered the books on the greek gods had been some of my favorites, as well as the ones on astronomy. I sort of doubted that I'd find much of the same here though. Papa never told me where they all came from, and I hadn't thought to ask, too eager to bask in the knowledge they held rather than their origin. I quite missed it. The only books I read now were those in the medical guild and the Fairy tale collection I took with me from home. It was my only memento from Papa, but maybe it would do well here, in the paws of other curious minds.

"Excuse me, Mr D. I have a question." Perhaps the reminder of home made me speak more formally, like the student I had been before I was forced to leave. I couldn't fight tradition, or the curse on my family, but it still seemed odd that my siblings and I were told to leave at the tender age of 6 months. Originally I believed it was fine, that I was grown enough to explore the world, but after seeing how rough things could get, I no longer believed a child was able to survive on their own that young, without anyone there to help them. But those were thoughts for another day. "Would it be okay if I contributed to your library? My father wrote a book, a collection of fairy tales, and I think it would be a great addition to your library. I can go get it if you would like." I offered, smiling.

[retro to disappearance]

• [] EXTRA CLEVER EARTHBOUND SPIRIT •

Books. Books were cool.

Except not the books about magical creatures and fables. Why would he want to read about something that was not real? He might be young, but he would rather use his imagination on things that could actually happen. When Vinko saw the sign and stepped into the library. He was more interested in knowledge. His grey eyes looked at the large array of books in front of him. Where was he supposed to start? A huff escapes him when he remembers that he did not even know how to read entirely. Picking up bits and pieces of words, he could do, but trying to read an entire page of words made his face scrunch up in confusion every time he tried.

He sees the masked creature from before. Ah, it would make sense if this was his library. He remembered him talking about writing books when he first met him. Vinko walks over to him, sitting down. ”Give.” he says, eyes narrowed.

LOOSER I KNOW YOU WILL STAY THE SAME

《 VINKO TORMENTA-ALCIDES 》 | Solaris Kingdom | 4 Months |

• Secrets of Agrelos: 1st Edition. His pupils like saucers, the bengal cat grabbed the book and dropped to all fours again, offering a quick nod to Dryice. 'Don't believe everything. It's outdated'. That was a joy of stories, wasn't it? Whether they were true or untrue, as time went on it mattered less and less, only the ones that others wanted to believe survived and transitioned into legends. He'd often wondered what his legend would be, how he'd be remembered through all the bad times and good, now Osiris realised it didn't matter. Like a gremlin with a pack of buttons he hobbled off into a quiet corner, beginning his read quickly. He squinted at the information. "You are right... there are some inaccuracies here. RiverClan was known as Riverside at the time of it's disappearance... and it wasn't Agrelos that caused it to go... The Rift or TidalClan, whatever you want to call it, tried to force a takeover and merger between the two groups and they got destroyed in the process. I believe that clan later get annexed by the Exiles,". He didn't miss the arrogant group, but he knew better then to share his opinions so openly now.

Osiris continued on, quiet, eyes like lasers fixated onto the page. The topic of magic was a curious one, and had it not been for the magic Osiris himself possessed he would've made the move over to a less intensive combat style a long time ago. But when he thought of his fire, saw the shapes that danced around within... his grip tightened on the book. The bengal cat snapped himself out of it before things got too alienating again, taking in every bit of information he could. Dead Man's Ruins... Arcane Mountains... Inaccuracies had already been proven to be in this book, Dryice had said so himself, but he gave a quick look over the corner of the page towards the masked male in intruige. Dead Man's Ruins... He repeated in his head until it became as memorable as his name. "You write well," he smiled, closing the book together with a gentle 'thud' sound. Maybe it was about time he found some of these so called artefacts. "There are a lot of half-truths and misconceptions around what happened to the clans during and after the Great Change but other then that, it's nice. You should write more of these tomes, history shouldn't be forgotten,".

osiris.png?width=999&height=677

THIS WILL NEVER END 'CAUSE I WANT MORE, GIVE ME MORE

7 YEARS / SUNCHASER / SCRUFFY BENGAL CAT / TAGS / SOLARIS KINGDOM / PENNED BY VEXXYUS