of humble origin -- intro

We've done a few more changes to the site you can read about HERE
  • Loud footsteps boomed through the woods as Monsterthroat stalked after her next meal. The gangly figure pounced for her prey, cryptic and intimidating as a long arm reached out and slammed a paw down on the much smaller mouse. Her pelt stuck to her ribs, highlighting them and her desperate need for food. Just as she dragged her paw back, almost positive she rightfully claimed her prey, the bleeding mouse scampered out from under her paw. She stomped, hissing as it fled over a line of swapped scents that Monsterthroat didn't wish to cross. She knew vaguely of the clans; their names were never passed to her, but their legacies and journey were whispered to her by other loners pushed out of their lands. Monsterthroat's ears flipped back as she tried to sneak back away from the border, her whole body tensing as she heard the sound of incoming cats.

☾・゚. Though I feel the endless pain of being

↪ And I am scorched by the sun ✦

( she/her ┊ shadowclan ┊ 40 moons ┊ tags )

• ShadowClan leader | black & ginger torbie | missing left eye | tags

There were few reasons why a mouse would run by, seemingly unaware of her presence. Even fewer reasons why aforementioned mouse would be bloodied as it passed. Tansystar looks down at where the mouse had scuttered past her, then back towards the direction it had come from, then, after a moment of deliberation, stalks in that direction. She stops when she spots a loner, large and clearly hungry. "Do you have a reason for poking around our borders, or is it that you just enjoy scaring off prey?"

• TAGS ☆彡 it'd be a bad idea to leave his leader with someone he didn't know. it surely would be, so he'd stop beside tansystar, giving the stranger a little blink of his eyes. he didn't have much to say, he just didn't hope this interaction turned hostile.

all opinions are ic! || played by happeh

• Monsterthroat's hefty paws moved carefully, tired eyes looking Tansystar in the face. "Apologizes," she said slowly, her voice crinkly and almost indistinguishable. She hissed out a cough, her shredded vocal cords tingling after her words. "You're clan cats, correct? Which one do I have the pleasure of coming across?" Despite her large silhouette, she meant no harm to these cats. Her eyes moved over to the apprentice accompanying the leader, then her attention quickly went back to Tansystar. These cats look well fed, Monsterthroat thought; maybe it would be worth it to try and join. She had muscle, she could fight. If Monsterthroat was good at anything, it was combat.

The loner's voice surprises her. It shouldn't, Tansystar thinks, but it does. Briefly taken aback, Tansystar looks to Winterpaw beside her as if seeking confirmation, then returns her attention to the loner. "I'm Tansystar, he's Winterpaw, and this is ShadowClan," She points in turn to everyone and everything she lists, finishing with a broad gesture around herself to indicate ShadowClan. "No one cares to learn names unless they intend to use them," Tansystar adds, watching the loner carefully, "What about you? What's your name?"

• Monsterthroat hummed. Shadowclan. Almost a mysterious title; Monster liked it. On top of that, she was greeted with names to give to the faces of the pair who ran upon her. "I have grown accustomed with being called Monsterthroat." she said. "I believe it could be.. productive for me to have the chance to use Shadowclan's name more often." she mused, tail tapping on the ground as she spoke. "Would you happen to be accepting joiners?" her voice was raspy yet calm, as if asking such a big question was the same as asking about breakfast.

• "I think use is the wrong term you are going for." Using their name for their own gain was not something the woman found to be a pleasant thought and she also didn't enjoy the idea of all of these strange cats appearing along their borders recently. Perhaps it was because of the new place but she found it not as welcome as she had before. She always had ill when it came to loners and this was no different it would appear. Casually the dark and white patched oriental would make her way toward the scene. Eyes of mint green broken with blue focused on the group of cats, mainly just Tansystar and Winterpaw before settling on this Monsterthroat. What an odd name as well. Although she did and had heard stranger so perhaps it was not as odd as it would seem. But she didn't answer the question when it came to the joining as that was for the leader to decide or their deputy should Rainface be present. Sitting down where she was the woman curls her whip like tail around her paws a she tilted her head, waiting for the verdict.

A FROZEN HEARTBEAT UNDER THE SNOW

( dreaming of some other place warm )

SNOWNIGHT 26 MOONS OLD SHADOWCLAN MEDICINE CAT - TAGS

• TAGS ☆彡 monsterthroat sounded sick, although maybe it wasn't a sickness that would spread. perhaps said 'sickness' had to do with her throat, and that's where the loner had gotten her name. it would be rude to ask about it, so he'd stifle whatever curiosity he felt towards the concept down. when tansystar glances at him, he'd aim to give her a half smile, as he feels that's the right thing to do. (surely he isn't the only one slightly anxious of strangers?) joiners are accepted by tansystar, and rainface, if they're deemed worthy, he'd finally murmur, acknowledging snownight's presence with a respectful, and slight, dip of his cranium.

all opinions are ic! || played by happeh

It was a suiting name. Monsterthroat certainly had the sort of rumble to her voice that Tansystar could associate with the Thunderpath. The way she said that she had grown accustomed to it, rather than simply saying it as her name, makes a from tug at Tansystar's mouth. Was it an unusual turn of phrase or an old insult she had resigned herself to? There wasn't any real way to ask Monsterthroat if she wanted to keep her name as it was upon joining in front of everyone, so it's a question Tansystar puts aside for a later time.

"We can have you," Tansystar answers, "You'll be expected to hunt and fight for others. When prey is scarce, you'll be expected to feed those unable to hunt, queens and kits, our elders, the unwell, before yourself. In turn, you'll be cared for in the times that you are unable to care for yourself. You'll live by our rules and abide by our customs." Her own tail waves behind her, and idle motion, "If this all sounds reasonable enough to you, I can show you the way to camp."

• But we're a million worlds apart....

Firedawn, Warrior of Shadowclan

tagsstorageplottingmain

A pelt of fire would seem to appear like magic beside the Shadowclan leader, eyes of emerald green moving over the new cats' form in subtle interest as Firedawn made her presence known. "A new joiner?" Her tone was soft, motherly as her clanmates knew her, and that kindness was not for her clanmates alone. Her head would tilt as she offered the one called Monsterthroat a nod of greeting.

dawn.png

I DON'T NEED YOU TO SELL ME ON REASONS TO WANT YOU... —

Female + 24 Moons + Shadowclan Warrior + Tags/Bio

• Monsterthroat leaned down to hear Winterpaw's words, his mumble almost lost on her scarred ears. "Let's hope that I'm worthy," she rumbled. She flashed a smile to the apprentice before looking back to Tansystar after her speedy answer. She had no idea clan cats were so communal; kits and elders and all? All groups gathered around, sharing their lives with one another? Monsterthroat couldn't recall the last time she had been in a community like that; she knew she had never joined one. "I will take care of each like they're my own kin." her face brightened up. She moved to look down at the new member of the welcome comity. "Correct, ma'am. Are you another Shadowclan cat? So many of you gathered out here, even just to see a stranger on your borders."