THEY ASSUME YOU KNOW NOTHING [ return + reintro ]

We've done a few more changes to the site you can read about HERE
  • a prince returning

WITH YOU I FALL DOWN [ oneshot, no posts ]

his paws ache. (his soul aches. his whole damn heart aches.) they've ached for moons but this is more prominent. he knows- he feels -that he's close. his scarred chest begins to open with hope. a lake, sparkling in pale sunlight. so this is the place that the clans have chosen for themselves. it's like every other territory he's seen; strange, unfamiliar. not home. at the far end from where he stands is a town. the air smells of new beginnings, and memories of what he's lost to get here flood his mind. if this isn't it, he'll claw something. (he'll claw himself until he bleeds.) he has to force himself to keep moving, back flattened as he creeps softly through what he can only presume are the other territories. forest gives way to moor, until he can see the buildings stark against a pale sky. they looks skeletal, bones of a home he used to have. they are as prominent as his own ribs, stretching out of his skin. he supposes this is it. he supposes all the losses, all the bloodshed has been for this. what a goddamn waste.

his heart does something as he scents the border. it's a strange feeling, this pattering of brief joy in his chest. he smells them, the ones he's searched for over mountains and cities. his family, his friends, former or not. will they know him? only fate knows. the man, scarred and barely hopeful, seats himself at the border. "is bloodclan here?"

/ short post because the real stuff is in the oneshot <33

also!! WASPWING.

SOMETHING TELLS ME

( tags / penned by lavs )

IT'LL BE ALRIGHT

The post was edited 1 time, last by WYNN- ().

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Waspwing, a mother of many, had watched all of her children spread their wings and leave the nest. None of them had stayed in Bloodclan, all either disappearing without a word or leaving with a long-winded teary goodbye. The black tabby missed her children more than anything; she saw them in the shadows, still tiny and full of life, romping around and giggling with glee before the enigmas faded into nothingness.

She missed them, desperately so.

Waspwing was out near the border, silent paws carrying her forwards as she kept her eyes on a small mouse that was nosing through the underlying brush. She was a few paces from pouncing when a voice cut through the horizon, the mouse freezing and bolting into the unknown. The black tabby let out a frustrated huff and rose to her paws, trotting off towards the border. As she neared the border, her heart-- her heart stopped.

The black tabby couldn't help the audible gasp that came from her as she laid eyes on a tom that echoed familiarity. He...

"Wynn?"

ycRreuq.png

REMEMBER NOT TO GET TOO CLOSE TO STARS———— ・゚✧ 」

❝ THEY'RE NEVER GONNA GIVE YOU LOVE LIKE OURSinformation

• a prince returning

truthfully, he has no idea what to expect. his clan thinks he has left of his own free will, slipping away to some other new home. the truth of the matter is far grimmer. (flashes of claws rise above his vision for a moment.) he is a man torn to shreds, scars criss-crossing his dusty brown pelt, eyes always narrowed with suspicion. he is no longer that sunny boy who sat among flowers and calculated the best in everyone. for all he knows, his parents are dead, as is anyone who might still care. bloodclan lives on, but who now rules the concrete jungle? most likely a stranger.

he fixes his gaze upon the bone-like structures of this new place, allowing familiar and strange scents to waft towards him. a mouse leaps from the undergrowth, squeaking as it dashes past him. he glances at it dully, claws flexing with the effort of restraining himself from a kill. his stomach is growling, churning with both anxiety and great hunger. and then-

"wynn?"

eyes of emerald leap from the ground to connect with gold. she stands just beyond the border. his mother, greying with age and yet still graceful in her stance. wynn stares at her for half a heartbeat. "mom?" voice cracking, eyes beginning to water with tears, he stands. "you're here?" (is this a trick? is he dreaming? are the fates forcing another cruel half-meeting upon him?) slender paws tap carefully on the border for a moment before he looses all self control and dashes towards her. perhaps he bowls her over in his eagerness- more likely he stops just short and plunges his muzzle into her fur, inhaling her scent as if he's a drowning man gasping for air. "i found you." (i abandoned you.)

CALEDON. just in case he wants to post <33

SOMETHING TELLS ME

IT'LL BE ALRIGHT

The post was edited 1 time, last by WYNN- ().

• Vortex overheard the cats talking on his walk, and instinivly unsheathed his claws. He narrowed his icy blue eyes at the tresspasser and reared upon his hind legs, attempting to rake his claws down Wynn's nose. The ripper let out a hiss of fury and tried to bite into Wynn's ear, trying to claw his flank. "Leave you dirty flea bag! I don't know who you are, but you are NOT welcome here!" The tom growled.

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Wynn's shaky voice confirmed Waspwing's suspicions. The tom, holding back, suddenly burst forward with a release of emotion, the black tabby molly openly welcoming him home as he buried his face into the fur on her chest. The molly, the yearning mother, couldn't help but let out a long breath, her legs shaking as she bent her head to press her cheek into the top of Wynn's head.

"I missed you, oh Starclan, I..." Her voice gave out as she hunched into a sitting position, nearly wrapping herself around the tom as she pushed her nose into the fur along his head. Memories flooded back to her, crashing over her like waves against a rocky shore. Of Wynn, tiny and doe-eyed, curled into her side as she slept. She was overcome with emotions until Vortex's words caught her ears and Wynn was taking claws and teeth to the face.

Waspwing saw red. She rose to her paws in an instant, a blazing bundle of anger as she attempted to butt her shoulder into Vortex, trying to get him to back down. "He's my son!" The black tabby yowled, her voice a harrowing shriek as she slid between Vortex and Wynn, putting her body between the black tom and her son. "Back down or so help me I will make you do it myself! He'll always be welcome here until my dying breath." Waspwing growled lowly, her ears laid back against her head, the fur along her spine raised and her tail lashing back and forth.

//ic opinions ;w;

ycRreuq.png

• Nothing angered him more than his children at times, their stupidity, their audacity to leave their mom heartbroken. Caledon loved his children, absolutely cherished them, but if he said they didn’t piss him off as times he’d be a liar. What of Wynn though?, the boy had slipped through their fingers and Caledon couldn’t bring himself to consider the blame. All he knew was another crack in the vase that was Waspwing’s heart. Does losing one child make losing others easier? no, but the old tyrant let the pain sit as white noise in his skull. Let it simmer in his dark soul and grace the world with tales of the past and the violence of the future.

He always had an eye on Waspwing, the further on down the road of life and age they went, the harder it was for him to lose his place at her flank. He is a few paces behind her though, stopping to inspect a strange cluster of mushrooms. His eyes are shadowed though, hollow as he seemed stuck in his thoughts. He was sucked back into reality though, when a gasp lifts from Waspwing’s throat. Ears curved and sharp flick forth, ‘mom’ he hears and his posture shifts from its slouch to a glimmer of his former glory. He spots his son as he greets his mother, but he can’t help but see the absolute change in Wynn’s form. Scars painted on his earthen tabby fur, the smallest of his kids brewed into a warrior.

He trotted forth on war-licked limbs to reunite with his family, to embrace his son when Vortex makes for the scene. Waspwing shrieks in fury, words laced with venom and written with no intentions of arguing as she wedges herself between the attacker and their son. Caledon's lips peel backwards to display his canines, long and curved, known by the throats of many victims. Arctic daggers bleed unto Vortex, but he shifts his attention to Wynn. Aiming to wrap a forearm around his son and bring him into a tight embrace. Caledon hoped Vortex would be smart enough to back down, but he had to take this moment, to welcome back his child.

// ninja'd oops haha editing!

:: edited!

• a prince returning

he melts into her, pushing his muzzle into her midnight fur as she curls around him. her legs are shaking and he finds that his whole self is trembling as well. she forgives him... she welcomes him home. what a relief. "i missed you so much. i'm so sorry that i couldn't stay. i'm sorry they took me-" claws slam into his face, raking down his nose to draw blood at the tip of it. immediately he leaps back, claws out, a snarl replacing the contented almost-smile that had begun to bloom. this is a trick, some nasty way to catch him off guard. is waspwing in on it? perhaps the whole clan is waiting to tear him to shreds. a low growl rumbles from his throat, stopped short by his mother's words, hissed from clenched teeth. now what sort of game are they playing? she sounds entirely serious and his heart wants to trust her, but...

a great shape emerges from the shadows and wynn feels terror in every muscle of his body. fire arcs through his bones, although he stands stock still, ears flat against his head. a new creature, pale as bone with eyes of glacier ice, paws like thunder slamming the ground. wynn's emerald eyes go blank, misty as he stares almost unseeingly at the scene before him. ("we took you 'cause he didn't want you. caledon ordered this, little kitty. your father hates you. he said you were always weak.")

caledon, the king of steel, pulls back his lips and his son widens his eyes. but the violent glare is towards his attacker, just as waspwing's claws are out to face the stranger. confusion overtakes the returning prince, a bubbling, churning feeling in his stomach as he tries to make sense of the scene. when his father's eyes meet his own, wynn sees nothing but relieved love. (he's tricking you. he hates you. weak, sickly son.) the giant wraps an arm around his small offspring, and all the boy can do is lean into the embrace. and ask the question he's been dying to know the answer to. "did you do it? they said... you didn't want me."

SOMETHING TELLS ME

IT'LL BE ALRIGHT

• Vortex let out a loud hiss and Wriggled away from the cats attacking him. "Fine, you will be sorry-" The black tom turned away and bounded toward Scorpion, eyes narrowed in unreadable thoughts. He unsheathed his ivory claws and began to tell the story to Scorpion with his head bowed in respect.

SCORPION

• "Insanity."

— Stitches

bioplottingmain

With wide googly eyes, Stitches starred at the loving family from a distance with curiosity. Her maw opened slightly as she thought of pretty things at the heart-warming reunion. Herself had never had someone so close so she did not know the feeling of missing and more so the overwhelming emotion of relief. Instead, she could only study those that did which meant Caledon, Waspwing and their returning son Wynn. The display of affection that unfolded before her was one she admittedly had exploited in the past to help her but there was no need for it here...

A bounce in her step she skipped over to the family however she arrived shortly before Vortex had unleashed what seemed uncalled for aggression. She stopped abruptly and laughed at the ebony man who stomped away from the family whining about getting Scorpion. "Don't be so silly Vortex! Why are you attacking him?" she sang to him as she passed him and headed over to the son. "Hey there LostBoy! Nice to meet a fighter. It'll be fun to see what makes you do so!" she purred excitedly but pausing her energetic energy for amoment to dip her head in greeting before bouncing around once more. She didn't know the stranger, twas what made him a stranger and funnily enough an item of interest for Stitches. "Man you must be exhausted! How about we get you some food?"

• Mikhail merely watched, feeling a bitter pang in his heart for the first time in a moon. What was it, jealousy? Envy? At least Wynn had both of his loving parents, of high status no less. Mikhail could've had a similar life, but it was a little late for that. Who did he have? His father disappeared without a word, Mikhail couldn't even remember when the last time he ever saw him was. Was he asleep when Sergei disappeared? It was his own fault that he refused to leave with his mother. He could still remember her heartbroken expression and he wished he could do something, anything, to make it right, but he couldn't. He wasn't selfless, he had his own wishes, his own future plans that depending on the twolegplace. He didn't know when the next time he'd ever see her was. Now it was just him and Henrik, two little souls in a big world.

"What a tattle-tail." he snorted, as he watched Vortex dart off, almost unaware of how unlike him his words were. He shook out his pelt, trying to get all the negativity out, but he couldn't give a genuine smile to the reunited family, merely a false one as he joined Stitches's side, though he spoke nothing, afraid to drop his facade.

//ic opinions !!

"speaking in #daa520"

- tags -

HEARTBREAKER, GATEKEEPER

✧༺☼༻∞

∞༺☼༻✧

⋇ ⋆ ☀ ⋆ ⋇

( I'M FEELING FAR AWAY, I'M FEELING RIGHT HERE )

mikhail | bloodclan kit | melo-crisis

• ✦ ✧ ✦ With her body shielding Wynn and with the appearance of her mate at her side, she found it safe to unleash her harsh grip on the earth. Stitches and Mikhail came upon the scene, the bright-eyed molly bringing some ease to the tense air that hung around the small family. Waspwing was still staring holes into the retreating figure of Vortex, fur refusing to lay flat as she turned back to Wynn.

"Did you do it? They said... you didn't want me."

The words that came from Wynn's mouth nearly broke her heart. The black tabby pressed her cheek into Wynn's, trying to get the somber face off of her son. "Cal...he would never. Darling.." Tears started to choke up her throat. "There's nothing more that we want than to see you happy, Wynn..." Waspwing mumbled, trying to shield her tears from her clanmates, tail curling around her leg as she glanced over at Stitched and Mikhail. "Do you think Wynn could come back to camp with us? I can't...he's my son, I can't leave him out here."

Please don't make me leave him.

ycRreuq.png

• a prince returning

more cats arrive and he's still pressed between the only two he recognizes. his eyes are wide, not with fear but with some other unrecognizable emotion. a bright eyed woman pads toward them, telling the attacker off. she addresses him and he blinks at her. "thanks..?" it's a hesitant statement as he wonders what he true ambition is for him. she looks interested enough. "i would appreciate food."

his words will be short and sharp now- he doesn't know these cats. better be safe with few words than sorry with paragraphs. a kitten approaches next and wynn wonders briefly if this kid's life has been shattered yet. if it hasn't happened yet, it will. waspwing's words of reassurance do little to calm his nerves. she addresses the cheerful woman as if she has power, asking if he can come to camp. he glances at his father again. caledon hasn't said anything yet. (it's because it's true.)

SOMETHING TELLS ME

IT'LL BE ALRIGHT

• "Insanity."

— Stitches

bioplottingmain

Turning her head from the rugged lost boy to the worried mother, Stitches simply starred at Waspwing for a few seconds, offering only a blink as a response. Then in a sudden burst of energy she purred, "bahaha of course he can come back!" She sprung onto her four paws and began to skip around Wynn singing with excitement, "we can always use more fighters no?" She then lead off in the direction of the camp and flicked her tail for the family to follow so that Wynn may settle down and grab something to eat.

Stitches didn't particularly mind new faces. She understood maybe the clan felt a bit differently but she preferred it as it meant new people to study essentially. She glanced over her shoulder at the defeated expression on the new member's face; something was going on with him and given enough time Stitches would hopefully find out. Then, given more time she'd happily see how she could use it to rile him up - watching others handling distress intrigued her and considering Wynn had come from a place of distress he probably built up a hardship to it.