i don't want a friend | p, akuma

We've done a few more changes to the site you can read about HERE
  • ✦ ✧ ✦ Oz had become aggravated instantly with the sight of Ver. The moment he could see her, there was nothing in his vision but red. The hatred and fury that burned in his veins would never be quenched until he knew that Ver was dead - And he hoped by the gods that her death was as painful as Amelia's was. All Oz ever wanted to do was die beside the one he loved, and Ver stripped him of that opportunity. She assisted in murdering the former commander - And what did Akuma have to say? It was business. Amelia's life was nothing but business. Oz was disgusted. He felt betrayed by those around him, he felt as though their loyalty to the Brigade meant nothing. The hellhound sits at the edge of a lake, watching his reflection in the water while he thinks.

A. BASKERVILLE

I MADE A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL INSIDE

Ozymandias "Oz" Halcyon ☆ Painted Brigade Golden Lieutenant☆ Hellhound ☆ PENNED BY DREAVYN

Kingpin x NPC | tags

• Hellfire and brimstone, such anger was far too familiar to the abysmal creature. He felt it within himself, a rage that burned so hot and fierce, he could barely contain it at all times except that he made sure that it never once reached his eyes. It was too obvious the Ozymandias essentially harnessed the sin of wrath but it ran rampant, unchecked, explosive; it was ruinous.

He does not find himself regretting sending Ozymandias away when his anger became too unbearable. Truth be told, even the words he had bit towards him flowed off his back like water, and he'd snipped back with something almost just as terrible with little forethought. He had gotten annoyed. He'd thought that the other's aggression was unneeded, unnecessary - for Abyss's sake, he'd had it under control. But make no mistake, Akuma did not think himself in the wrong - oh no, the day he thinks himself wrong is truly the day that all would come to an fiery end - but he will not be misunderstood.

The wyvern-servaline hybrid makes no noise as he appears just behind the Lieutenant, angling his horned cranium up towards the angry grey clouds rolling in from the seas before his golden gaze returns to the brooding form of Ozymandias. "Oz," He says as he steps around to the side of the male, keeping in mind his personal bubble. "We need to talk." He draws his tongue across his teeth, his eyes panning to the hound's face as he leans back onto his haunches. He pulls his long, reptilian tail close to his side, and exhaled. He knows Ozymandias is not much of a talker, and neither was Akuma to be frank despite the personality he put forth to his allies and his clan.

"I am not a sellout. I always have my clan's interests in mind, make no mistake in that," He says, "I did not mean what I said... I was annoyed with you, and after reading through the clan's chronicles, I understand why now." He pauses briefly before adding on honestly, a slight frown tugging at the corners of his lips. "But that doesn't excuse your behavior when those Haveners were at our border." He blinks those radiant gold eyes, long ears flicking faintly. "...Is there anything you'd like to talk to me about; not as your leader, but as a fellow clanmate?" The invitation to rant to him was present, settled in the air, for the Baskerville is curious above his own, selfish, personal reasons.

i will burn your kingdom down (★)

painted brigade ┆ prismatic commander ┆ information

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Had Akuma not been leader, Oz would have been less likely to hold his tongue and walk away. Oz cared little for Akuma on the surface, but he always respected the chain of command. It was loyalty, in a sense. As much as he would have snapped at Akuma, he was meant to be loyal to the Brigade, and thus, whoever led it. When he hears Akuma's steps and demanding they talk, his ears flatten towards his head. Am I going to be reprimanded? He thinks, closing his eyes.

He listens to Akuma's following words carefully. For a moment, he opens his eyes to a thin slit to look at Akuma, surprised by his words. The hellhound closes his eyes again, allowing a puff of smoke to come out from his nostrils. "I have nothing against the Haveners. I have something against the woman who assisted in murdering the former Commander." Oz says quietly in a grumble. "Amelia was more than the love of my life. She was a leader too. Ver has no right to step a paw on this land, the same land that she desecrated on. She should be killed on sight." Oz states sternly. He didn't care about the Wind Haveners or their business, it was Ver who he had his eyes on. "Since the day Amelia died, my children and I have been plotting her death. It hadn't occurred to me that she lived in the Haven as well as the Veil."

Ozymandias "Oz" Halcyon ☆ Painted Brigade Golden Lieutenant☆ Hellhound ☆ PENNED BY DREAVYN

Kingpin x NPC | tags

• There is surprise at his words. A waver of emotion, very faint among all of the anger that Ozymandias was renown for, but present nonetheless. A part of him expected to be rounded upon, or spat at again - for Oz to express the denial he was so used to hearing - but it doesn't come. Almost unexpectedly, Ozymandias resigns to speaking to him about what was going through his head on the border. "The woman," His deputy had introduced Ver as, and his ear flicks slightly. He knows of who he is speaking about, unfortunately.

"Ah, Ver Million. Yes, she seems to enjoy making enemies out of people." He comments with a tilt of his head. A majority of his interactions with that woman have been short and tense. He doesn't personally think of her as an enemy. Keeping up such hostile relationships were tiring and hardly worth his time, but it is very clear to Akuma that Ver had dealt irreparable damage to Ozymandias and his family. He knows this feeling well. The wish and the want and the drive to get revenge on someone, bloody, gruesome, it was a dish best served cold.

"If anyone should kill her, it should be you, Ozymandias. After all, was it not you who she has hurt the most by killing Commander Amelia?" He knows what it's like, but he doesn't allude to it. Doesn't dare freely offer a weakness like that. It is simply logical. He can't trust too many people with his dreadful, tragic, awful, blood-stained history. "Ver lives in Solaris Kingdom as well... At least she was when I was leading the Cartel. It is hard to imagine that she would stray too far from her family after what she had done while I led there..." Akuma remarks to Oz, turning his gaze onto the hellhound to gauge his reaction to the revelation.

"Now that I am aware of what she's done, she will not be tolerated at our borders. You can do as you wish if you see her again. I will not stand in your way if that pleases you." He encourages it, the violence, the hatred. Chains like him adored such hateful emotions, watching it consume those from within was entertaining to watch. Ah, if only he had his powers back, he could do so much more for Ozymandias. But alas, they were stuck upon a strange land that seemed to limit him horribly.

i will burn your kingdom down (★)

painted brigade ┆ prismatic commander ┆ information

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Oz didn't know how many enemies Ver had made in her life. By Akuma's words, it sounded like there was a long list. He could only imagine, she wasn't a likable woman. Certainly not a pleasure to be around. Silently, the hound nods his head in agreement.

"I want to." He states, flexing his paws. "I've been waiting to, for the right time to kill her. I just . . haven't gotten the chance. I thought she was already dead - I overheard that she was killed in the Veil. Apparently, we saw otherwise." He says, looking to Akuma from the corners of his eyes. He recalls overhearing that a Covener, in fact, had killed Ver. Oz was angry about it, but he thought it would have ended there. Unfortunately, it seemed Ver was still around and kicking. He wasn't sure which he would rather have: Ver dead by someone else's paws, or Ver being alive.

"She moves like crazy." He grumbles. She'd been a Ruiner, once. Then a Veiler. Then, he'd unexpectedly seen her at both the Kingdom and the Haven. It seemed that Ver hopped Clans on a daily basis. It was becoming more difficult to track her down.

He's surprised to hear Akuma's encouragement, his head lifting and ears perking. His red eyes look bewildered. Really? They ask. Curtly, he nods his head. "Thank you, Akuma." He says quietly. Was Akuma understanding his pain?

Kingpin x NPC | tags