i'm yours (bxb pafp) when it rains it pours

• J A M E S ♛ L I L L D O N

SHAKING HANDS RUN THROUGH MY HAIR

MY FEARS, WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE

Maybe it was to be expected, but James' sleeping schedule went to shit from the first night in this house. He'd always been a light sleeper, but he'd also been someone who passed out pretty quickly. That ability seemed to have flown out the window as soon as Carbon killed himself, though, because now he couldn't drift off without at least an hour of tossing and turning. Or just saying 'fuck it' and getting wasted until the alcohol finally knocked him out. Riley might not like to drink himself, but he made for good company on the nights that he was awake as well. He tolerated a drunken, chaotic James pretty well but hey, the man had been friends - was still friends - with Carbon, so what couldn't he handle? With that being said, he couldn't deny that on most nights, he didn't fall asleep until well into the morning hours. It was a damn good thing he wasn't expected to be anywhere, after all. In fact, the only time he'd even left the house was to go to his car and drag inside both his own and his boyfriend's suitcases. Carbon would surely want his stuff whenever he came back, and it didn't need to be left out in the trunk the whole time.

Tonight he'd finally fallen asleep sometime around three in the morning, and that was without the help of alcohol, which was very nice. He wouldn't wake up with a hangover in the morning. Unfortunately, though, he did dream of Carbon, which meant that he'd be longing for the man's return even more once he woke up. In his dream, the younger man was straddling his thighs, laving his face with sweet kisses. It was incredibly hot, and even his sleep addled brain made note of the fact that he was definitely feeling a bit touch starved. Even before they'd been dating, Carbon and James had been tactile with one another. He'd heard that Riley was too, and had seen it briefly when he'd interacted with the younger man, but he and James weren't really that close to one another yet. They were probably friends by now - James would consider them so - but there was still an awkwardness to their interactions that probably stemmed from the fact that the closest person to each of them was dead upstairs.

The light sleeper that he was, James slowly rose to wakefulness, lamenting the loss of his pleasant dream until he realized, slowly, that he was still feeling the sensation of lips against his skin. Startled, he shifted upwards, nearly dislodging the man on his lap until he reached out automatically to hold him in place. James was. . . awed. It was Carbon, right there in front of him. On top of him. "Holy shit, baby," he whispered, his eyes roving over his boyfriend. He looked, well, he looked good. He certainly didn't look like someone who had shot themselves in the head, which was great. There was a weariness to the way he held himself, and to the look in his eyes, but what could really be expected? James couldn't even begin to guess what he'd gone through, but he could fathom that it was a complete and total hell. There was also the fact that Carbon was quite obviously completely smashed but, well, James had spent a good portion of his time here just the same, and he hadn't even been the one who died.

Tentatively, as if he were scared that even touching the man would make him disappear, James reached both his hands up to cup around Carbon's face. "Hi," he said, pulling him in gently for a proper kiss. It was soft and sweet and slow, filled with emotion that James couldn't bring himself to voice right now. "You want me to shower with you?" he asked, finally pulling away. He expected as much, considering that the younger man woke him up to tell him so, rather than just doing it, but he couldn't help but to ask anyway. Honestly, he was in a state of disbelief right now. He couldn't quite convince himself that this wasn't some sort of extremely lucid dream, even though he'd never had such a dream before. Still, it felt too good to be true, and he was so happy that he could cry. He wouldn't though; there were better things to do, and he'd cried enough.

ooc;; welcome back, bby! <3

xredxpepperx

snowfall-gif-11.gif

AND A HUNDRED BAD DAYS MADE A HUNDRED GOOD STORIES

( ── A HUNDRED GOOD STORIES MADE ME INTERESTING AT PARTIES)

EST she/her College Student Advanced RPer

• CARBON-LOU WILSON

the startled movements of james made carbon nearly drop the bottle he had in his hands, though he managed to catch it by the mouth and neck just in time before it fell and spilled. damn, he should have put the lid on, huh? carbon moved to tilt the bottle back again, though paused when he felt james' hands on his face. he was being so gentle, it was like he was afraid carbon would break; like he was made of glass. he had just endured a decade of absolute torment, he could handle some rough touches. but he knew that james wanted to be gentle right now. he knew by the raw and unfiltered emotion that was seeping into the kiss that james was beyond words with happiness.

carbon kissed back just as eagerly, though his own kisses were a bit more rough than those of his boyfriend's. it was to be expected though. "did you miss me?" carbon purred lazily. he rolled his hips slowly with a familiar devilish grin. "looks like someone missed me." teasingly, carbon planted another kiss on james' earlobe before he shifted and slid off of the other man. as much as he would love to make out with his best friend, he really needed to shower. he smelled like mildew and old books. not a very appealing scent in his eyes. old books smelled fine, but human skin should not smell like that. the younger man stood next to the man, tipping back the whiskey one more time to take some more large gulps before he placed the bottle back down on the nightstand again -- clumsily screwing the cap back on.

"yes please~ i smell like garbage!" carbon called, stumbling over to the bathroom. he flicked the light on, his eyes squinting again at the sudden light. it didn't take very long before he was stripping off his terribly dusty clothes -- sitting on the counted to fiddle with his boot laces. did he always knot them like this? this motherfucker was impossible to get off! with a whine rumbling the back of his throat, carbon kicked his feet a few times with a childish grin. "i don't have the... finger power to undo the knots. finger strength. coordination! that's the word! can you help me~?" maybe it was coming back from the dead, maybe it was the alcohol, or maybe it was the fact that carbon had never gone longer than a few days without sex; but he was feeling incredibly flirty now. even if james was too tired to do anything, carbon would be up for quite awhile.

glancing down at his bare torso, carbon noticed a brand new scar on his right hip. at least, he thought it was brand new. he didn't remember ever getting a scar right there, especially one that looked like a big 'x'. oh well. he was sure tomorrow he'd have more clarification on what the hell he went through and what that scar meant, but for right now, he just wanted to shower, get off, get his boyfriend off, and go to sleep. once he started thinking about it, he realized he'd probably have to eat something in the middle of his plans, considering his stomach would no doubt start growling rather loudly when his body realized it was awake and conscious. "that kiss was pretty cute, but i really hope you're not planning on being that gentle when you fuck me. i've been through hell, you know. take your clothes off, i wanna see your abs~ oh, we need to start the water too."

// carbon is here

he is drunk

he is hoRNY

uzumati.

and you will never see my side

☾・゚. —— and i will always think i'm right

uzumati | advanced | any pronouns | uzumati.#3633

There was no way in hell - ha, funny - that James would let Carbon escape from his sight now. He kicked the bed covers off, following after the younger man and into the bathroom eagerly. He watched as he dropped his clothes, leaning against the door frame and squinting against the light that was assaulting their eyes. For James' part, he only had on the shirt and boxers that he'd worn to fall into bed, so he had a bit of a head start on the younger man. He'd also taken a shower already that day but, hey, who was he to deny to opportunity to press his body up against Carbon's after all this time without him? James was no sex fiend, but his boyfriend's absence had certainly been having an effect on him in unexpected ways. Just having him settled onto his hips seemed to be enough to set him off, but they deserved the opportunity to have a little fun, didn't they? Carbon especially. He could have whatever he wanted from James. Although, that was pretty much always the case anyway.

He watched as the younger man began working at the knots on his boots, and couldn't help but to chuckle when he whined, begging James to help him get the shoes off. Feigning a sigh, he knelt down in front of the man and deftly undid the ties himself before tugging the shoes down and off Carbon's feet, one after the other. With that taken care of, James rose back to his feet. "No faith, baby," he teased, bringing his hands down to the hem of his shirt and tugging it up over his head, the neckline rustling his hair even more than his short bout of sleep had. "Of course I'll fuck you the way you need," he continued, dropping his shirt to the floor and sliding up to press his chest against Carbon's. The man smelled dusty and dirty if James allowed himself to think about it, but the scent was really the last thing on his mind at the moment. It certainly didn't matter, now that his boyfriend was alive and back in his arms.

Despite his promise, he tilted his head forward and continued to leave slow and sweet kisses over Carbon's face. His breath smelled of whiskey and there was a thin layer of grime on his skin that felt unpleasant against James' lips, but he didn't really care. Couldn't bring himself to care, especially since they'd be getting in the shower as soon as James could convince himself to move away from the younger man once again. He allowed himself a few more minutes of selfishness - of being close just because he could - before he pulled back and moved to the shower. He twisted the knob, but didn't put it as hot as he would for himself. Instead, he set it to a temperature that was better favored by Carbon.

"Get in," he hummed, reaching for Carbon's hand to lightly tug the man closer. The sooner that his boyfriend washed off the layer of dust he'd been covered in, then the sooner James could roam his lips freely over his body in a way that would be more pleasurable for the both of them. His hands found their way to Carbon's waist where he began tugging at the band of the younger man's pants to pull them down. James was overwhelmed with the urge to see his boyfriend naked, to roam his hands all over and touch absolutely every single inch of skin. "Fuck, I love you," he murmured, pressing his lips to Carbon's neck. "Even though you smell. Please get in the shower, baby."

ooc;; this is verging on risque but it's fine lmao <3

we love these boys!

and they love each other <3

xredxpepperx

snowfall-gif-11.gif

• CARBON-LOU WILSON

damn. of all times for james to be touchy and clingy,why did it have to be when carbon was covered in gunk? the gentle kisses to his skin were welcomed, but they made the younger man feel a bit uneasy. he knew that he wasn't exactly clean and fresh, so having james stand there and not only put his nose so close, but to also press his lips on the younger man? it was embarrassing. the more time carbon spend awake and stewing in his own filth, the more he realized just how gross he felt. it wasn't like he was covered in vomit and shit, but the layer of dust and grime on him was making him feel sticky and physically repulsive. as he should. it was like when kids rolled around in the dirt and then refused to shower for a week -- it was just downright gross.

scoffing softly, carbon allowed himself to be tugged along, his eyes lidded over with both drunkenness and flirty desires. at the older man's pleading to get into the shower, carbon grinned. he placed on hand on james' bare chest, pushing him an arms length away,while his other hand deftly undid his own button and zipper. "needy, aren't you? at least let me wash my body before you start fondling me, would you?" the man purred. he tugged his own pants down and stepped out of them rather gracefully despite how hammered he was and managed to escape any more touches or kisses james might want to give him and slipped into the shower. the second the water hit his skin, carbon stuck his tongue out and made a soft 'blegh!' noise. the water slipping down the drain was tinted brown; something he definitely didn't like seeing.

"that's disgusting. next time i die, make sure you clean my corpse, yeah?" carbon joked, placing his hair under the water and allowing the dust and dirt to be rinsed off of his body. when the water ran clear, carbon grabbed the shampoo, conditioner, and soap, beginning his routine of washing but absolutely making sure he washed everything twice. he didn't need or want to feel any of this grime on him when he dried off. even if he had too scrub his skin raw, carbon was going to make sure he wasn't dirty. ever since he was a kid, he'd had a thing for being clean -- he hated feeling icky and gross. he didn't mind getting dirty, but sitting in that dirt for days on end? yeah, no thanks. he'd much rather just clean himself and get dirty again if he wanted to. none of that mattered now, though, his mind was just everywhere.

he swapped places with james to let the other shower, making sure to crank the water up to a higher temperature before he did so. instead of moving to dry off or stepping out of the shower, carbon simply stood where he was, watching his lover wash his body and hair. "you need any help? not washing, just general touching. though i wouldn't mind wasting some soap and making you super bubbly. you're gorgeous~ can you be double rough with me today?" carbon grinned. his fingers found purchase on james' hips, squeezing them and pulling the taller man closer to his own body. even though he wasn't sure if james was completely done rinsing, carbon let his hands trail over james -- pressing kisses against the man's shoulders and leaving rough bite marks on the others neck. nothing too painful -- just enough to leave little red indents where his teeth were. he'd give james proper hickies later.

// we love borderline risque lmfao

they're both so happy and excited <3

uzumati.

• CARBON-LOU WILSON

sitting on the barstool at the kitchen island was... tough to say the least. he'd never quite been sore before, so this was definitely a new feeling. now that he had sobered up after taking a second shower, he was a little peeved. the combination of being starved and now sore was definitely putting a damper on his mood, though it wasn't bad enough to make him actually mad. more of happily annoyed. he was glad james was still here. he wasn't sure how long he had been missing in action for, as he had gone right to the shower and then the kitchen after exchanging some sappy words with his boyfriend, but he knew it was long enough to make james miss him terribly. at least, that's what he thought. he wasn't entirely sure.

carbon made a face at the brownies he was eating, the sugar in them making his teeth itch -- but riley was like james in the sense that they both had a disgusting sweet tooth. not a sour or spicy thing in sight. the most bitter and salty thing riley had in this place was doritos, and carbon had scarfed those down rather quickly. after riley's excitement that carbon was back had worn off, he dashed out of the house to get carbon some food he would enjoy; since he knew that none of the stuff he had would suffice. cookies, brownies, kettle corn, lots of stuff to make desserts. if he wanted to, he could make food, but carbon needed food in his system now, be it horrendous and sweet as it was. as long as he was filling his stomach up, he didn't feel the urge to pass out and throw up; though eating all these sweets would definitely make his stomach hurt later tonight.

the man glanced at his phone, as it buzzed. he had told issa he was back and issa was obviously excited about that. the next thing on carbon's agenda when they got back was a dark one. though it wasn't exactly a secret, carbon still didn't want to say it out loud -- he was planning on killing dominic. a couple of texts from issa proved that dominic had absolutely lost his mind. as much as carbon would like to never return to that place again and risk running in to dominic, he wanted to help issa out. besides, they couldn't exactly go back to living in their house like normal; carbon injured dominic. he was a traitor. dominic and his gang --excluding issa, who was in on carbon's plans -- would be on the hunt for them when they got back. both carbon's, but more importantly james', lives were still at stake from an entirely new threat. 'one thing after a-fucking-nother, huh?' carbon texted issa back and sighed.

peering over at james when the man stepped up to the counter, carbon sighed softly. "so, turns out in retrospect, throwing a knife through dominic's hand was a bad idea. according to issa, our house is absolutely trashed. there's not really a point to go back but..." carbon shrugged with a small scoff. "i'm done with dominic. i'm done listening to him, i'm done following him, i'm just fucking done. i made a promise to help issa so i'm going to follow through with that. as long as dom is alive, me, issa, and now you, are gonna be in danger, so me and issa are gonna do something about it. and by me and issa i mean mainly me. you don't have to agree with it or enjoy it, and you can say what you want, but i'm done. if i can't tear the mark off my body, then killing the fuck that put it there is just as good, right? these brownies are absolutely disgusting. how do you eat these?" carbon's rambling was interrupted as he took another bite of the overly sugary sweet he put in his mouth, shaking his head softly.

// *chants in the distance* murder quest! murder quest! murder quest!

uzumati.

James was. . . ecstatic, to say the least. The fact that Carbon was back once more hadn't even properly set in yet, he didn't think. A part of him was afraid that it wouldn't ever, at this point. He'd already struggled a bit with the fact that the man was alive once more after their house burnt down the first time, so to be faced with the loss and then subsequent return of him for a second time, it was. . . mind numbing. Honestly, James knew he was lucky. Other people never got the luxury to get their best friend back after dying at all. Of course, an argument could be made that it wasn't exactly luck which had saved the man, but, well, the state of James' soul was a problem for another day. He was purposefully ignoring it as much as possible, and neither Riley or Carbon had specifically brought it up, so he didn't either. They all had enough on their plate to deal with, after all.

His phone was resting lazily in one hand as he scoured through the drawers in the bedroom for a shirt with the other. He'd been falling behind on laundry the past few days. It wasn't liked he'd brought much of his wardrobe along, after all; just what he'd been able to throw into the suitcase before they'd left, so he ran out of clean clothes much faster than he ever would have back at home. He finally found one, tossing the electronic device onto the bed before tugging the fabric over his head. There was a pleasant soreness on his arms as he moved, evident by the black/purple/blue markings blooming on his biceps. Carbon had certainly done a number on him, which was unfamiliar and new. James liked it. Smiling lightly to himself for a moment, he bent down to scoop the phone back up, unsurprising to feel it buzz in his hand.

'You're an idiot, yeah? How long are you going to avoid this?' the text read, and James couldn't help but to roll his eyes. Liam still insisted on texting him every so often about Charles' bitching and whining after he'd blocked the man. He would have to tell Carbon about it, but he hadn't had the chance when they first got here over two weeks ago, and the opportunity hadn't presented itself since his boyfriend had come back to life, either. They'd both been. . . otherwise occupied. 'I don't know what you're expecting me to do. I'm not going to answer him, Li,' he fired back in irritation before shoving his phone deep into his back pocket, intent on ignoring the damn thing. The only two people he even needed to talk to right now currently lived in this house, and if he spent any more energy or thought on Charles, he was really going to end up souring his mood. He'd told Liam all this shit already!

He meandered his way into the kitchen, searching for Carbon, and was halfway surprised to find him eating one of the brownies the Riley had left sitting on the counter. He was about to open his mouth to say something about the man eating something that was sweet for once, but snapped his jaw shut when Carbon beat him to it. He couldn't really say that he was surprised about what the younger man was planning on doing. Why wouldn't he want to murder the person who had absolutely ruined his life, as well as the life of all the people he had ever been close to? James couldn't fault him for it, even if, in his own mind, he still couldn't exactly picture Carbon as a murderer. He'd seen his boyfriend throw the knife, and had heard plenty - especially from Riley - so of course he believed it, but the two images didn't quite match up in his mind. In a way, he didn't want them to. Of course, that wasn't very realistic, either.

He chuckled lightly and rounded the counter to stand close to Carbon, wrapping his arms around the man's waist where he sat on the stool. "Those brownies are delicious, asshole," he hummed, pressing a chaste kiss against his boyfriend's cheek. "I'm not going to stop you, or say anything," he finally continued, after a few seconds of silence had fallen between them. "I don't really want to go back there, either, but I'm not going to let you go alone. You know that," he hummed, letting one arm slip free to grab a brownie of his own. Carbon didn't have to enjoy them, but he and Riley certainly would.

"Besides, apparently Dom's not the only one who's been poking around," he sighed, digging his other hand into his pocket to slip the phone onto the counter. It was locked, but as to be expected, there was an unread notification alert on the lockscreen. It was from Liam, who James had finally registered in his phone, if only to keep getting updates about Charles' erratic behaviors lately. Of course, Carbon probably wouldn't recognize the name, but that was to be expected. He'd tried his best to keep his best friend away from that whole part of his life, much like the younger man did with Dom and everyone else. "Charles broke in a few nights ago. Looking for me. That's one of his friends," he explained, pointing at the name on the screen, right before it faded to black. "Because all we need is more excitement, right?" he asked, looking up to meet his boyfriend's eyes.

ooc; murder quest, murder quest!

& more dangerous acquaintances!
    I am here for it, bby! <3

xredxpepperx

snowfall-gif-11.gif

• CARBON-LOU WILSON

carbon scoffed at james' rhetoric of the brownies being delicious. they were perfectly made, of course -- just way too sweet for him. riley wasn't super good at cooking, but baking and making desserts? god, he could open a restaurant for his desserts. he actually wanted to when they were younger -- the older boy would go on an on about names for his sweets shop. he wanted it to all be eco-friendly, with absolutely no waste left behind. the silverware was going to be made out of edible sugar cookies, the cups and dishes were all going to be biodegradable within a few days, and he was only going to get ingredients from local sources to reduce impact on the environment. hell, there was even a sketch of the restaurant that carbon had drawn as a child that was hanging on the fridge. the only thing they hadn't come up with was a name -- though riley had scribbled 'carbon footprint' on the drawing that carbon had done as though that were going to be the name. the longer carbon thought about it, the more he liked it.

glancing at the phone that was placed on the counter, carbon blinked, chewing his brownie as quickly as he could so he could hurry up and swallow it before the sugar stuck on his tongue. liam? he didn't recognize that name, but then again, he barely knew who charles was. that was a part of james' life that carbon was rather clueless to, and... honestly, he felt like he knew everything he needed to know. he knew that charles was forceful and james did things he didn't want to. that was all he needed to know to hate that man with every fiber of his being. all it took was one time for james to be pushed too far for carbon to hold a grudge. all it took was one wrongdoing and carbon would never forgive you for hurting his boyfriend. he hated angela, he hated charles, he was certain he'd hate liam, and he hated anyone that talked shit about james when they were kids.

another lamb to be slaughtered, eh? how wonderful. carbon almost smiled at the thought but managed to bite it back, bumping his forehead against james' softly. "no rest for the wicked, right?" he hummed, pushing the last of his brownie over to the other man. "i seriously can't eat anymore sweet shit. finish that for me, would you?" carbon fluttered his eyelashes and pouted out his lower lip in an overly theatrical manner of pleading. almost as if on cue, the front door was pushed open, a gentle whistling coming from riley as he bobbed his head to unheard music. he had way too many bags in his hands, but carried them with ease. the older man glanced at james and carbon, blinking a little bit.

"damn, the atmosphere in here a little tense. y'all are acting like someone died or something," the man chided, though immediately reeled back. "sorry, that just slipped out. uh... anyway, carbon, i didn't know what you wanted so i got like... one of everything." the older approached the counter, placing the bags on the marbled granite. eagerly, carbon dug through the bags, pulling out some sour candies and immediately tugging the packaging open. riley pointed at the brownies and turned to james. "those are fucking phenomenal, aren't they? that's my original recipe! i'll give it to you before you guys head out so you can make them!" riley grinned, tugging up a barstool on the other side of the counter from carbon and james.

"hey, rye," carbon mumbled through the sour gummies in his mouth, "where are my toys?" he tossed the wrapped in the garbage and pulled out some spicy chips. riley blinked a few times before grabbing a brownie. he knew what carbon meant.

"out back in the shed. the code is still the same, too. do you need all of them? who is it?" he asked, carbon hummed softly through his chips, his eyes watering slightly.

"dominic."

the eldest man of the trio leaned back, his chewing of the brownie in his mouth slowing to nearly a halt. "damn. yeah, i saw the pictures of your house that issa managed to take. it's fucking trashed. you think you'll be able to do it?" he questioned. he had no issue talking about this with james there -- he had told the other man some pretty brutal stories of carbon when he was younger, even going as far as to show some pictures of the younger man's handiwork. carbon simply nodded and continued eating his chips, a numb, glazed over look in his eyes. first dominic, then that charles character, then perhaps liam, then what? let's burn this world to the ground, hmm? after all, you've suffered so much -- let's get our payback, shall we? carbon smiled softly, his eyes clearing up as he looked back up at riley and james.

"of course i'll be able to. it's what he raised me to do, after all." the man closed his bag of chips, rolling the top of it and placing it back into one of the plastic bags. "i'm gonna go look and see what i have. you can stay here or come with me, whatever you want, baby. we should leave soon, though. the sooner we can get this over with, the sooner we can go house shopping!"

//uh oh

seems like carbon's a little....

repressed

also plot idea

james gets kidnapped and carbon goes absolutely batshit psycho

uzumati.

James rolled his eyes at the man's pout, pressing his hand lightly to the man's forehead in order to push him away again, teasing with playful touches and physical banter. Honestly, it reminded him the most of when they'd been kids. James still did all of that now - nothing would break that habit, most likely - but it had started up when he and Carbon first got comfortable around one another. Or, better put; when James finally got completely comfortable around the other man. It was the first sign of a lasting friendship, and it had been a good one. He picked up the reminder of the brownie, biting off a large chunk of the sweet as prompted. Riley really was awesome at baking. He and James had actually spent a decent chunk of their time waiting for Carbon to return holed up in the kitchen. They were, after all, very similar in many things, and their mutual love of sweet foods was one of those things.

He turned to look when the door opened behind them, allowing the aforementioned man entrance into the kitchen, his arms laden with multiple shopping bags. He huffed out a curt laugh at Riley's comment regarding the atmosphere. Was it really that heavy? He supposed that Dominic and any mention - or even thought - of the bastard had a way of doing it. James was already feeling worried and apprehensive, although he always was, whenever it came to Carbon. He'd spent too many nights staying up and wasting away while he waited for the younger man to return, and that definitely wouldn't change, even if he was now privy to just how competent his boyfriend was. If anything, that only increased his anxiety, but he tried to push it out of his mind. It was probably just a 'that's my boyfriend and I love him' thing anyway, right? Besides, it wasn't as if worrying would serve any benefit, so it was better to just push those thoughts away completely.

"You should send it to me," he hummed, finishing off the brownie. "And everything else, because I know you have more," he responded with a grin, wiping his fingers off on a nearby napkin while Carbon tore open a bag of candies. It didn't take more than a second look for James to realize what they were. As much as his boyfriend hated the taste of sweet things, that didn't stop him from eating sugar disguised as something sour. James, for one, preferred to taste just how much sugar he was ingesting. He didn't comment this time, though - although he'd been known to in the past - and instead leaned forward, resting his elbows on the counter where he stood next to Carbon. His phone was still in front of him where he'd left it, and he toyed with the device with one hand, pushing on one side to send it spinning lightly.

James liked to think he was decently smart, but even so, it didn't take much to figure out what his boyfriend was referring to when he spoke to Riley. In fact, the older man might have, at some point over the past two weeks, mentioned something about a stash of tools, weapons, and assortment of other 'toys' that had come into Carbon's possession over the years. He hadn't seen it himself, but he had seen the results of their use through pictures that Riley had shown him on the occasion that he'd felt brave enough to ask. It had been. . . a lot. Dark, bloody, gruesome. Yeah, it wasn't hard to figure how Carbon had killed so many people.

He looked up, shrugging one shoulder and pressing away from the counter, back into a full standing position, before finally shoving his phone back in his pocket once more. He still hadn't read Liam's last message, but that wasn't exactly important. In the grand scheme of things, did it really matter what the man had to say? It wouldn't change anything, in the end. "I'll come," he said simply. Was he becoming desensitized to the whole 'murderer' thing? Maybe. He supposed that was what happened when he was dating and associating with an assassin and ex-gang member, wasn't it? But honestly, the last thing James wanted to do was run away now. He'd told Carbon he'd stick with him, and he'd meant it with his whole heart. "I still want somewhere in the middle of nowhere," he laughed, recalling his previous comment that had come out in a fit of anger at their whole situation.

ooc; dun dun dun!

owo, whats this ??

*gasps* hell yes, i am here for it!!
    if (when) james gets kidnapped,, im gonna torture my boy <3

xredxpepperx

snowfall-gif-11.gif

• CARBON-LOU WILSON

riley blinked a bit in surprise before grinning. "sure! you can have everything but my triple german chocolate caramel poke cake because i will take that motherfucker to my grave. but i'll make one for you before you leave so you can taste it! it'll give you guys an excuse to come see me again, right?" riley chuckled. he placed carbon's snacks on the table, instead rummaging through his kitchen for bowls and measuring utensils. "it'll take all day to make and needs tosit overnight, but it'll be ready tomorrow. you can wait that long, right? you still gotta come up with a plan after all. now get out, your murderous thoughts will sour the caramel," riley waved his hands at them as carbon made an audible and exaggerated gagging noise before sliding open the glass back door and stepping outside.

he waited for his lover before he stepped down the porch steps and on to the wonderfully kept lawn. honestly, how riley managed to keep this lawn looking so good and green was... actually pretty amazing. he'd have to get some lawn care tips from the man before they left. they shed was the same as it had ever been -- just a log-cabin inspired shack with deep purple-red mahogany wood making up the majority. the door was painted black, which fit into the color scheme rather well. carbon was... a little nervous to open this shed in front of james. if it was still the same as it had been, then it would be unnaturally clean and tidy -- organized like in an intelligent serial killer movie. his heart was beating quickly, but he knew exactly what he was going to get from his shed.

reaching the shed, carbon tapped on the buttons of the key pad. 9-2-5-1-9-9-6-9-2-7-0. a long enough code that most people gave up. besides, it only looked like it could hold four numbers, so any numbers that went past that faded off to the right of the screen, giving the illusion that it was broken. the screen flashed red and carbon typed the number in once more. again, it was a safety measure -- flashing red meant it wasn't correct, right? the second time he entered in the number, the locked clicked open, allowing carbon to push the door open a crack before turning to james. "i'm sorry about all this. i really am. i... didn't ever want you to see this stuff." he said softly and remorsefully before pushing the door open fully.

power tools, wrenches, hammers, gardening tools, serrated blades, bottles of dangerous chemicals, guns of assorted shaped and sizes. it was like a psychopath's wet dream. everything was cleaned spotless, lined perfectly up with one another, categorized specifically and even spaced out evenly. there were two items that were locked in bullet proof glass cases -- one of which being a metal plated and spiked baseball bat, and the other being a sako trg m10 sniper rifle. those were the only two he needed. the power tools were fun and all, but he really only needed the sniper rifle. the bat he wanted just because he liked it and was proud of it -- it was his first metal work job and it was flawless. the man crouched down on the floor, pulling a slab of wood wall back and pulling out a box locked by yet another numerical code. carbon entered the digits and popped the box open, sorting through the ramshackle of identical keys to find the right one. grabbing it with a strange familiarity, carbon locked the box again, placing it back into the wall and closing the panel.

standing back up, carbon unlocked the two cases, taking the bat out first and handing it to james with a soft smile. "don't worry, it's clean. it's pretty cool, huh? i made it myself. whittled a log down to a bat shape and hammered that metal by myself." the younger man's voice was gentle, trying to calm james down if the other needed it. it was probably a lot to take in, huh. grabbing the gun carefully, carbon put the safety lock on. he made sure there was no bullet loaded in the chamber and also took the magazine out of the gun as well. as much as it pained him to think this... he loved this gun. ooh, i see. you're a freaky little psychopath, aren't you? let's take some more of your toys, they look so fun! carbon ignored his thoughts and gently motioned for his boyfriend to leave the shed. he followed behind, closing the door and locking it. "so... how long was i gone for? to me... i was going to lie to you and say that it only felt like a few days, but... to me it felt like at least a decade... here, i can take the bat if you need me to." carbon offered. he held the gun carefully, pointing the muzzle straight up at the sky as he extended his free hand to his lover.

// when james gets kidnapped

if you DON'T torture him

i'll be so upsetti spaghetti with you

i want him to be WISHING for DEATH

and VERY close to it too!! <33

uzumati.

James chuckled, shaking his head good-naturedly. "You've already been to the grave once, Riley. I'll get that recipe," he joked once Carbon took his - extremely exaggerated - leave out the sliding glass door. He waved one hand in a lax goodbye over his head as he turned to follow his boyfriend, stepping out in the backyard and sliding the door shut behind him with a quiet, yet still audible clatter as the frames connected. He kept step next to his boyfriend, allowing the younger man to lead the way through the yard and to the shed, although, James would hesitate to coin it a shed. It looked more like a miniature log cabin, all pristine wood and smooth edges; nothing like the connotations that the word shack brought about. Carbon approached the pad that kept the door locked, but James just leaned against the wood wall while he waited, the soft tapping and beeping of the input code loud between them.

"That's the longest fucking code," he scoffed quietly, unable to resist the urge to tease his boyfriend, attempting to crack some of the tension that had built up around them. It was obvious that Carbon was feeling either uncomfortable, nervous, or both about opening this shed and showing off the contents, and as for James, he couldn't even say what he was feeling. Surprisingly, if he thought about it, he wasn't actually feeling much of anything. There was a peculiar numbness that had seeped into his bones the past few weeks, especially when it came to murder and anything that Carbon might have done in the past. Was this numbness a bad thing? James didn't exactly possess the insight to know, and he didn't feel like deep diving into the fucking mess that was his head and emotions to try and find out. No, he'd take numbness any day.

His head was tilted back, glancing up at the sky as he waited, Carbon's words finally drawing his attention back to the now unlocked door before them. He could. . . understand the sentiment. He knew that the younger man wished nothing more than for there to be a divide, something of dissent between his life with James and everything else. The corners of his mouth tipped up into a gentle, supportive smile, and he dutifully followed behind Carbon into the shed.

He'd expected a lot, but nothing could fully prepare him for the sight of just how much there was in here. The layout, with everything displayed as such, it almost looked like the lairs of a psychopath; their torture and murder weapons on display, striking a deep set fear into anyone who happened to catch a glimpse. Was he dating a psychopath? The thought was funny but, huh, maybe. At the very least, James wasn't being struck down by fear. Mostly he was. . . amazed. That was probably the right word. His feelings were complicated, but it was astounding to see the full mass of Carbon's dangerous little collection. He was absorbed in looking over a shelf of interesting looking substances and chemicals - a variety of which he didn't even recognize by name - when the jangling sound of keys brought his attention back to Carbon.

James reached his hand out to accept the bat, unsurprised to feel how much heavier it was compared to the average baseball bat. Not only was it thicker, but the pure metal added a hefty weight to it that made it interesting to hold. He listened to Carbon describe how he'd made it, and couldn't stop the smile that crept onto his face. His boyfriend had always been good at working with his hands. "You did a good job," he murmured, and he meant it. The metal was smooth and the spikes were even; a work of perfection, at least to James' untrained eye. He brought the bat up closer, rubbing a finger lightly over one of the spikes as he waited for Carbon to finish grabbing whatever it was that he wanted. Holding a weapon like this - one that he knew had been used to kill countless numbers of people - made him feel odd in an indescribable way. Afraid wasn't right, nor was uncomfortable. Maybe out of place? He wasn't the type of person to ever handle weapons before, so even something as normal as a bat - modified as this one may be - felt strange in his own hands.

Once his boyfriend finished up, he followed after the younger man back out of the shed and into the yard, the bat hanging at his side as they walked out. As Carbon spoke, he stopped walking, turning to the side to study his lover's face with interest, attempting to parse what he was thinking from his expression. He suspected that the younger man was feeling weary about what James' own reaction would be, although he couldn't say for certain. It was, at least, what he would be worrying about were the situation reversed. "What? Like I'm scared of your spiky bat?" he hummed, raising an eyebrow. He let his hand slip on the handle a bit, just enough for his grip to settle on the very edge, before he twisted his hand and wrist to twirl the weapon a bit. It was certainly a bigger strain on his muscles, considering how heavy it was, but he managed just fine. Instead of handing it over, he reached out with his free hand to pull Carbon close, pressing a gentle kiss to the corner of the man's mouth. "Just over two weeks," he answered quietly, before stepping away once more. A decade. . . ? James couldn't even begin to imagine. It hurt - ached - to even think about.

ooc;; ooh,

no need to worry!

james will be in so much pain,

he'll ABSOLUTELY wish he were dead! <33

xredxpepperx

snowfall-gif-11.gif

• CARBON-LOU WILSON

two weeks...? he'd been dead and still upstairs for fourteen days? over two weeks? that revelation made sense for his hunger and fatigue, but still... carbon tried to hurry as much as he could, but there had been a lot of stuff he needed to survive through. torture, his worst fears, new fears that he didn't even know he had... it was hell. it was worse than hell. but to have made james wait over two weeks? it broke his heart. carbon gently set the gun on the ground, wrapping his arms around james' neck to pull him into a soft, yet firm hug. "i'm so sorry baby... i really tried to hurry... were you okay? you made sure to eat and drink water, right? and you showered and left your bed, yeah?" honestly, it was a bit unbelievable that this carbon was the same emotionless killer that he was when he was younger.

the younger man kissed over the hickies he had left on james' neck, even going as far to give him some more while they were this close. "quit swinging that around, you're going to make me irrationally horny." the man warned before pulling away to survey the weapon in james' hands. god... with a soft huff, carbon linked his fingers behind his head, his eyes trailing up and down james' figure. just holding the gruesome weapon made james look and feel dangerous -- it turned carbon on in a way he didn't really want or understand fully. "maybe i am super fucked up, because you're like... even hotter than normal. just holding that... swinging it around... fuck." the man shook his head and managed to pull his gaze away with a slightly shaky breath.

"oh! i really need to warn you, baby. do not, under any circumstance, allow that metal to come into contact with any kind of open wound on you. it hollow, and on the inside of it, it has a mixture of a cyanide and nightshade poison in it. the metal is a type of copper that has a semipermeable membrane. i mean... i don't think it'll kill you unless you touch it to a pretty big open wound but... i'd really rather not test it out on you, okay?" he knew that james didn't have any kind of cuts or bug bites on him that would cause the poison to seep into his bloodstream, but he had seen how the man touched the spikes earlier. they were pointed, sure, but they wouldn't cut you unless you added a decent bit of pressure. it was made to be a blunt weapon, after all. the poison inside was meant to paralyze its target, with carbon promising the antidote to get the people to talk. the catch, however, was that there was no such thing as an antidote. the only cure for his homemade poisoned bat was succumbing to it.

carbon smiled sheepishly again. despite the gruesome nature of his weapons, he was proud of them. apart from being probably one of the best shots in the world, carbon was wonderful when it came to poisoning and mixing chemicals to get the job done. "you know... well, i never did well in school, but do you remember what my best subject was? chemistry, right? well, that's why. i'm pretty clueless when it comes to any other school subject, but i'm really good when it comes to chemicals and poisons and toxins and stuff. i tried to convince myself that i could just make a paralyzing toxin and then i wouldn't have to kill anyone anymore but... well, being paralyzed and put into a vegetative state is probably a fate worse than death, right?" carbon shrugged softly, glancing at the gun on the ground. "i also tried to get really well-versed in medicine and first aid and stuff to try and help the people i hurt, but that didn't work out too well, either."

carbon didn't want to go back inside -- he knew riley was cooking and it was pretty nice day out today. besides, he hadn't been outside in over two weeks and he doubted james had gone out much either. sitting down in the lush and soft grass, carbon shifted the gun away from them, making sure the muzzle was pointed opposite of the direction, just in case. "i don't want to go inside. it's nice out here." carbon began picking at the blades of grass, placing them on his pant leg in an orderly and symmetrical pattern. "it was bad -- coming back, i mean. i... i don't really want to talk about what happened right now, but i will eventually. it did make me realize that i'm not as okay as i always pretend to be. and that i need to be more honest -- not just with you, but with myself too. whenever we get to a comfortable place, i need to up the dosage on my medications. i don't really know why; there was just a voice that kept taunting me, saying to never get too emotional again. kinda weird, right? at least i don't have to worry about burning anymore, so there's always that plus side!" carbon's grin was hopeful and wide. to him, it had worked. in his mind, he had passed through the trials and been relieved of his curse. the medication thing... it was just something he should do, right?

// oh

oh baby

oh baby carbon

you have no idea it didn't work fully

poor sweet baby

and yessss

i need a close to death james

carbon is going to burn everything within a five mile radius when he sees the state of his baby boy

also?? i love the idea of james being immune to whatever fire comes off of carbon?? like he can make another deal or make an entirely new deal or someTHING because that idea in my head is just so badass and cute <33

uzumati.

James sighed happily into the hug, leaning into Carbon's body as the younger man wrapped firm arms around his middle. The bat was still hanging at his side, and it felt wrong to just carelessly drop the weapon to the ground, so only one arm went up, around his boyfriend's shoulders, to return the hug. He didn't want Carbon to feel bad about him having waited two weeks for his return. Of course, it had been a terrible, worrisome, and lonely experience, but comparatively, he'd had it easy. It was Carbon who'd spent a decade in hell, having the demons do who-knows-what to torture him; to try to break him. He didn't even know any details, but just the thought of it all hurt James in ways that those two weeks alone never could. He tried to show this, shaking his head slightly and pressing sweet kisses against his boyfriend's hair as they stood there, pressed against one another in the best of ways. Sure, it wasn't sex, but the closeness was comforting and intimate - loving.

He tilted his head back, baring his neck as soon as Carbon nosed and kissed his way there, and hummed at the sensation of lips and teeth against the already bruised skin. His free hand ran up along the younger man's back and nape, settling with fingers twisted in the curly mess of hair upon his boyfriend's head. He wanted to hold him there, to keep feeling that mouth against his neck for as long as possible. He scratched gently at Carbon's scalp, caressing his nails through the hair until, eventually, he did pull back to grace James with one of the most depraved expressions he'd ever seen outside of the bedroom. He glanced down to the bat - he'd honestly forgotten that he was holding the damned thing - before looking back up to Carbon with a little grin. "Oh? So you're saying it's a good look? I should keep doing it?" he asked with a wink, flourishing the weapon around again, just for good measure.

He supposed, given Carbon's instructions and insistence, that he should count himself lucky for not having any open wounds at the moment. He recalled, back in the shed, running his finger along a couple of the spikes, and couldn't help but to subconsciously run his hand down the front of his jeans, as if there was actually anything on his skin. Still, he didn't drop the bat. He'd meant what he said; it didn't scare him, especially since he was the one holding it, rather than having it brandished against him. Now that might be frightening. Mostly, despite the unusual and unfamiliar feeling of holding something that he knew was so dangerous, James felt safe. The fact that Carbon had apparently constructed this particular piece of equipment himself probably helped with that. He trusted his boyfriend with his life, after all.

James stood there in silence, listening to the younger man talk; explain. It drove him to be quiet, mainly because, even though they'd known one another for so long, there were still things that he didn't know about Carbon, which were finally - slowly - being revealed now. Yeah, he had always been good at chemistry. Like, 100% on every exam, top of the class good. James, the resident nerd, had barely managed to pass with a low B, which definitely would have been a C if Carbon hadn't helped him out, explaining concepts over again until he finally got them. He'd thought, at the time, that his friend just happened to have a natural talent for it, and he probably did have at least some of that. But, James never would have guessed that he'd just been experienced in working with chemical combinations already. It was like a new layer of information and details, falling on top to complete what he already knew about the man.

He settled down on the grass next to his boyfriend then, laying the bat down at his side as he crossed his legs over one another. One of Carbon's hands was busy picking and and fiddling with the blades of grass, but James grabbed for the other one, pulling it into his own lap, holding it between both of his own hands. He ran his thumb across the skin of the man's palm, up his fingers, down to his wrist, touching everywhere he could on the appendage with gentle caresses. "You don't have to talk about it until you're ready to," he said, speaking quietly in the space between them. "I know it was. . . a lot, so, just so you know; I don't expect anything. I want you to be comfortable. If that means upping your dose, then that's what we'll do." It was a promise. James would make sure that anything Carbon needed, he would get. It was what he deserved, especially after surviving through hell for what, apparently, had been at least a decade.

As for the curse. . . the bursting into flames situation, fuck, what had Riley said about it? They'd probably have to talk to the older man again, anyway, so maybe he would explain it. Carbon looked so, so happy, James didn't know what he would do if it turned out that he was still going to uncontrollably burst into flames at the most random of times. If the curse was still around, the he at least hoped that it was as Riley said; emotion driven. Based on what that shitty voice was saying, then apparently it might be so. "You should still be careful, baby," he said softly. "What if the demon keeps fucking with you? You're alive but. . . I'm worried," he admitted, glancing down at the grass.

ooc;; carbon catches on fire,,

near james,,

distraught that he's killed his bby,,

until *boom* he lives through it

owo? whats this?

xredxpepperx

snowfall-gif-11.gif

• CARBON-LOU WILSON

james must have brought carbon's suitcase in the house while he was gone, because his medications were sitting on the kitchen counter when he got downstairs -- james even had a pair of clothes ready for the younger man after they had showered. well, the clothes belonged to james but carbon didn't mind. a simple pair of sweatpants and a loose, but comfortable and faded t-shirt. the one james was wearing when carbon had first confessed how he felt. god, that felt so long ago, now. it hadn't even been that long, realistically, but they had been through so much in that short time that it felt like it was years ago. especially with carbon's weird sense of time. he was still twenty-three, not thirty-three. his body hadn't aged a day. it hadn't decayed or lost any muscle mass; it was the same as it had been before he had fired the gun.

at james' soft words, carbon glanced over, smiling gently. "you know i'll tell you. there's not really any point in keeping secrets anymore. i just... i need to get over all of it first before i tell you. get used to it mentally, you know?" carbon stopped fidding with the grass, taking his left hand and placing it against james'. for a second, he left their hands their, eyeing the very slight difference in their finger sizes before he linked their digits together with a small grin. "aren't you glad you're dating someone the same size as you? i mean, i would prefer it if your clothes were a little bit tighter on me, but that's just because loose pants don't show off my ass as well." carbon flicked the grass off of him and shifted so he was pressed into james' side comfortably. "really, we could wear each other's clothes all the time -- but it'll probably be more me wearing your clothes, because i purposefully wear clothes that are a bit tighter. but hey! at least i get two wardrobes!" the man laughed. they wore the same size of ring. good, that made things pretty easy.

carbon tilted his head up, kissing and biting at james' neck again. he didn't get to leave as many marks as he wanted, so he figured he would do so now, right? he heard the sliding glass door open but didn't bother to look over. he knew it was riley, and he knew riley was probably coming to have james taste something from the cake he was making. sure as shit, riley jogged over, though he was holding more than a little spoon with some food on it. he had some sandwiches, drinks, chips, and some desserts -- holding carbon's phone in one hand as well. "lunch time!" the man grinned. he offered the spoon with a rather tasty-looking coffee colored sauce on it. "this is the sauce that goes all around on top of the cake. try it!" he let the man take the spoon, placing the other food items carefully on top of a wooden board he had brought with them. "i'm not done in the kitchen so you guys still aren't allowed inside, but i figured i'd bring you some food so you don't starve! issa called and i answered. we just bullshitted and talked. i told him you were back and getting some toys and he just kind of mumbled something and hung up. it's fucking good, isn't it james?" the man took the cleaned spoon back from james with a grin.

"i'm cured, right rye?" carbon asked, grabbing a bag of chips and popping it open. riley glanced over before flickering his gaze to james and back to carbon. the younger man caught this and glanced between the two of them. "what? it worked, right? i didn't fucking endure hell for all that time for it to not work." carbon was a little shocked, but riley sighed gently and shook his head.

"it... worked for the most part. i guessed that you'd be gone for two weeks, and you were. so, if my guesses are going to be that accurate, then i wanna say that you'll still catch on fire, but it won't hurt you anymore. like, you won't die from it, you won't feel like you're burning, it won't injure you, stuff like that. but.. i think you will still catch on fire. it'll probably be connected to your emotions. when i get overly emotional, i feel like i'm getting shot all over again, so... that might be a drawback. anyway, not to dash out or anything but i don't want my caramel to burn." riley gave a small wave and dashed off back towards the kitchen. carbon stared blankly ahead, chewing the chip in his mouth slowly.

"so... i'll still burn... but it won't hurt..." carbon swallowed the chip and looked at his hands for a few seconds. is that true? you cut my time in hell in half on the condition that you occupied my body... that's why? well of course! he didn't enjoy burning you, it was simply business for him. he didn't care whether you lived or died. but me? how could i hurt you after all you've been through? as long as i get to use my fire every once in a while, i'll be satiated. what about james? will it still hurt him? i'd advise he keep his distance. carbon wasn't entirely sure how long he had been quiet for, but he reached for a sandwich, unwrapping it and taking a bite from it rather calmly. if it was connected to his emotions, then he could up his meds and reduce the risk of getting overly emotional in places that would get people hurt. "i guess that's actually pretty cool, huh? i'll be like... a pyromancer! i'd prefer it if i didn't have all this supernatural shit happening but... i guess that's what we get for fucking around with demons and shit, huh?" carbon smiled, nudging his lover. surprisingly... he wasn't all that bothered. a bit bummed that catching on fire was still an issue, but... it was interesting. hell, if all carbon had to do to keep his fire under control was let the demon burn some things occasionally, then getting a house in the middle of nowhere was a perfect idea, right? "how was the sauce? did it make you excited for the full product?"

//carbon: "this is fine"

the demon inside of him: "hehehehehe fire hot make wood go crack"

james: "this is fine"

the demon who took james' soul: "i will do everything in my power to fuck your life up how dare you manage to be happy after i specifically made it so you wouLDN'T BE HAPPY"

i love the idea of the demon who took james' soul being furious that he's immune to carbon's fire

and trying to fuck up their lives even more because he's just so pissed that his plan totally backfired

uzumati.

James grinned, tilting his head up and moving one of his arms around Carbon’s back, tugging the man even closer and holding him tight. “I happen to think you look good in my clothes,” he purred, grinning to himself since his boyfriend wasn’t in the position to be looking at his face. “You’re welcome to buy me more if you feel like adding to that second wardrobe, though,” he continued, although his tone was completely teasing. He knew that if Carbon got the idea in his head, he certainly would do it. In fact, he had only a few weeks ago. James really didn’t need to dig himself into the hole of asking his boyfriend for anything that he didn’t want to possibly actually receive. Still, seeing Carbon in his clothes was always an appealing sight, and he couldn’t resist sliding his fingers up under the hem of the shirt the younger man was wearing to grab at his bare waist.

He tilted his head to the side when he heard the sound of the glass door sliding open, unsurprised to see Riley walking out. What was a bit more surprising, however, was the set of food that he was carrying out with him. Curiously, and quite excited for the opportunity to taste test anything the older man made, he took the offered spoon, placing it against his tongue. It was sweet - as to be expected - and absolutely delicious. He held the clean utensil back out to Riley, who took it with a prideful, shit-eating grin upon his face. “Yeah, it’s good,” he agreed with a quiet laugh, reaching his hand past Carbon’s into the bag he’d opened, stealing a chip to munch on. He wasn’t terribly hungry at the moment, per say, but he wouldn’t say no to a little picnic in the lush backyard. It was. . . comfortable and sweet.

He had the chip halfway up to his mouth when Carbon spoke, and he swallowed thickly, looking up toward Riley to see the reaction on the older man’s face. He was surprised to see him already looking back, and they shared a curious glance. It was undeniable that Carbon needed to know the truth, but Riley was more familiar, and therefore better at explaining the whole thing than James could ever be. Honestly, half of the time, he felt confused himself. He tilted his head to the side slightly in an imitation of a shrug before leaning his head against Carbon’s own while they both listened to Riley explain. Honestly, it was. . . interesting. James would have preferred, a thousand times over, for his boyfriend to never have to deal with catching on fire ever again. But, life just seemed to be intent on fucking with them in the worse ways, so as long as it didn’t cause the man pain, James could live to accept it. He just wished that the younger man’s struggles and effort had amounted to more.

He watched in silence as Riley turned away and rushed back into the kitchen to care for his baking endeavors. He finally brought the chip up the his mouth, biting it in half and chewing thoughtfully as Carbon spoke. “I don’t know how I feel about dating the human torch,” he hummed with a sideways grin, “but I guess it could be worse. As long as you’re not in pain.” He rubbed his hand up and down Carbon’s waist soothingly, but mainly for himself; to feel the warmth of his boyfriend’s body, to know that he was alive and present against James’ side. He tilted his head, kissing against the side of the man’s face. His hand snuck up, finding the man’s opposite cheek. He pushed gently, trying to find his way to Carbon’s lips. “Want a taste?” he whispered teasingly, enjoying the opportunity to play around with his boyfriend like this after missing him for so long.

ooc;; carbon has been possessed,,, by a caveman?

and james is just being terrorized by the worst possible demon lmaoo

carbon mentions ring size, me: owo??

also if this is short i sorry, mobile posting be like!

xredxpepperx

snowfall-gif-11.gif

• CARBON-LOU WILSON

the human torch. damn... he knew james meant it as an absolute joke, but something about that silly thought made carbon gaze down at his hands again. he'd continue to ignite in to flames if he got overly emotional. that didn't sound too bad on the surface, but once someone realized who carbon was, then it was made clear -- that meant that if carbon couldn't find a way to control his own emotions, people would get hurt. james would get hurt. what about if he had a bad nightmare? could he even sleep next to his boyfriend now? was it just negative emotions? would carbon be engulfed in flames when he was happy and excited? would upping his dosages even help? how intense would his emotions have to be? would this entire ordeal turn him into some kind of emotionless husk? he... he didn't want that. he couldn't do that again. emotions made you human, and to not have them... carbon didn't want to go through with that again.

when james rubbed his hand up and down the younger's waist, carbon couldn't help but notice that james felt... really cold. like, it almost gave carbon goosebumps to feel those frigid digits on his skin. it wasn't that cold out, though -- not nearly cold enough for james to be this chilled to the touch. he's not cold, you're just very warm. your body temperature has risen due to all of this. he's the same, normal temperature, but you're not. you're just overly warm. well... that wasn't so bad, right? james enjoyed being warm, so if carbon's natural body temperature was raised, his boyfriend would still like it, right?he wouldn't be hot to the touch, just slightly warmer. like a cat or something, right? that seemed to be the case; which was probably more of a plus than a drawback. carbon couldn't feel any difference in his temperature, but from how cold james felt, he must be much warmer now. oh well. whatever.

so am i just immune to all fire now? no. you are immune to my fire, and my fire only. you will still get burned, you can still feel hot things -- they just have to be very hot. for instance, the shower temperature water that james usually showers at will feel a little lukewarm to you, but boiling water will feel the same as it always did. your sense of temperature will be off, but you will get used to it. just let your lover pick the water temperature, eh? that thought almost made carbon smile. so it was pretty normal, it seemed. carbon would just have to be careful in picking water temperature when james was involved. if it hurt carbon, it would absolutely hurt james. if it felt hot to carbon, it would scald james. that was easy enough to understand. just be careful. that was all he had to do. be careful, and not be emotional. not too happy, not too sad, not too angry, not too jealous, nothing. just... a very calm, mild middle. he could do that, right? fuck... had he ever actually been able to achieve that? he didn't think so.

feeling his love tilt his head, carbon was brought out of his thoughts, sticking his tongue out with a soft and exaggerated gagging noise. "i want a taste of your dick, maybe. i can smell how sweet is on your breath and it makes me physically ill." carbon's words were joking, and he even pressed a soft kiss to his lover's lips, biting on the bottom one gently before he pulled away and returned to his sandwich. "i would say sweet things should be banned, but then i wouldn't get to see you anymore," the man grinned to himself as he took a bite of his sandwich. "ba-dum-tss!" he chuckled. he placed the side of his head against james' shoulder, making sure to chew obnoxiously since his mouth was closer to the man's ear now. "so, i should probably mention. when i was in there, i made a... deal, i guess, with a demon. he cut my time in that hellscape in half, on the condition that he occupied my body. i guess that's probably why i'll still catch on fire, now that i think about it... not a smart move on my part, but... i really didn't want to spend twice as long in there. besides, over four weeks alone? hell, baby, i'd be surprised if you didn't fuck riley in all that time. that's a long time to be waiting for someone." the man mused softly. "i'm kidding, by the way. riley only tops and there's absolutely no way i'd let him top you. if anyone tops you, it's gonna be me and that'll never happen."

riley wasn't ever the most sexual person -- and carbon struggled to believe that the older man had even had sex before, despite him literally walking in on the man with someone when they were teenagers. it was kind of the same doubt you have when you look at your parents. it's just... hard to think about them fucking, you know? why... would you make me listen to that? buckle the fuck up, dude, my thoughts are everywhere. what's your name? i don't have one. this made carbon grin wickedly. "he doesn't have a name. what should we name him?"

// i totally have a plot idea in mind for carbon proposing but it won't happen until after james' gets kidnapped <33

no worries bby! it was a wonderful post!

naming caveman demon time!

uzumati.

James rolled his eyes, but allowed the hand he’d rested on his boyfriend’s face to slip back down and settle, once more, against his weight comfortably. It was a relaxed position, one of holding Carbon close and just feeling the warmth of the man’s body. In fact, the younger man felt warmer than usual, and the realization elicited equal parts concern and pleasure. It was well known that James liked anything warm; scalding showers, fluffy blankets, extra coats, anything to stop him from shivering. To have a boyfriend who exuded heat, well, that sounded absolutely amazing. However, the sudden change in overall body temperature was quite worrisome. Carbon didn’t seem to be sick or strange - at least physically, or in any really obvious ways - so what was up with the difference? The man had never exactly been cold before, but the heat nearly radiating off of his waist onto James’s bare hand was a noticeable change from two weeks ago.

But ah, a demon? Occupying his boyfriend’s body? The sudden explanation took James by such surprise that it nearly physically tore him away from his previous thoughts. “You’re serious?” he asked, looking at Carbon’s face, eyes widened and eyebrows raised. The comments in regards to Riley didn’t even register in his thoughts in the wake of the revelation that his boyfriend was currently possessed. Instead, he felt focused on the idea that there was something there. . . that something latched onto Carbon that shouldn’t be: something unnatural, as well as more than likely dangerous. It cut the younger man’s time in hell? That was nice and all, but what would it do, with consent given and access to a body? James could only hope that Carbon had known what he was doing. Even though it got his boyfriend back home soon, alive - a fucking miracle, all on its own - what would the sacrifice be, in the end? There seemed to always be one when it came to demons, and James just couldn’t shake that fear.

He blinked back to awareness when he heard a questioning tone from the man leaning against his side. It took a moment or two to process what exactly he was being asked, but it finally got through. “He. . . talks to you?”James couldn’t help but to ask. After all, if it was, at least in some form, possessing Carbon, then it wouldn’t be two hard for them to speak to one another. James had made a deal, but the demon hadn’t stuck around. It had only talked to him once or twice since then, and that was likely an effort thing, versus a preference one. The bastard would probably taunt him continuously if it were worth it. “Names?” He murmured. “Well I don’t know. You could call him Johnny - thats the human torch’s name, y’know - or Pyro, or something stupid like. . . like Bob. Or more demonic, like Azrael or something. What kinda name were you thinking, baby?” he asked, attempting to joke around and keep himself from betraying just how concerned he was.

Finally, after he’d been talking for a moment and rethinking on everything that Carbon had told him, he suddenly remembered just what his boyfriend had said about their other housemate. “Oh, and as for Riley,” he continued, looking over. “I would never.” The older man was great, and James had throughly enjoyed spending time with and getting to know him over the two weeks he’d been here, basically alone. Still, he had eyes only for Carbon, so to speak, and hadn’t even considered the idea of fucking around with Riley. “But please, don’t ever think about topping me, baby. I don’t think I’d ever recover from that mess of an experience,” he teased.

ooc;; ooh?? well im excited for that <33

james will die for real, but in the best way

xredxpepperx

snowfall-gif-11.gif

• CARBON-LOU WILSON

the amount of surprise that seemed to rack through his boyfriend was... unexpected. carbon wasn't sure why he expected his lover to be so calm and understanding about the whole being possessed by a demon thing, but... maybe it had to do with the fact that james seemed rather calm about carbon being a murderer. as far as carbon's plans went, dominic would be the last one. the last one and he wouldn't ever do anything like that again. he wanted to live a quiet, comfortable life. he wanted to work a simple, yet exhausting job, and come home to james and cuddle and kiss and fuck and be a happy, boring couple. he wanted to go on road trips and vacations and lame dates and movie premiers and shit like that. he didn't want to have to deal with demons and exes and gangs and all the shit they've dealt with since they met one another.

none of the names james teased about really stuck with carbon. so far this being that was possessing his body had been pretty... chill. an occasional murderous thought here and there, but that wasn't anything new to carbon -- they were the same thoughts, just coming from a different voice. carbon's voice might be deep and smooth, but this demon's voice was... well, it was a voice actor's wet dream, honestly. husky, masculine, gravely, and yet smooth as silk. thank you! though all demons have voices like this, just with varying pitches. hey... so why are you being so... not demon-like? you know... you're just kind of... laid back. hmm? ah. well, i used to be a human, you see. i can't remember any details about who i was or my death. i suppose... being able to see the world again through human eyes is... nice. i enjoy fire and burning things and the occasional manslaughter but it gets tiresome after a while. why not keep it exciting by having it be an irregular occurrence? and... well i wasn't exactly liked in hell -- i was often tortured and ridiculed for being weak by the other demons. segregated, if you will. damn. that... kind of sucked. carbon endured ten years of torture from the demons and who knew how long the one inside of him had been tortured? if carbon was in his position, he'd try anything to get away as well.

some pieces of the story weren't adding up, but carbon was just going to take everything as it came to him. he wasn't going to question the being inside of him. "babe, those names suck." he hummed. taking the last bite of his sandwich. he thought as he chewed, running through names in his head as he peered up at the sky. something demonic? that didn't really fit. carbon could be cheeky and name him something weird or stupid or quirky like james suggested, but he wasn't wanting to press his luck with the being that could set him on fire at any given point. besides, this demon had been nothing but helpful to him. as suspicious as that was, he couldn't help but be thankful. the demon your lover made a deal with... i don't like him. hate him, in fact. what better way to get back at him and piss him off than to foil all of his plans to ruin you and your lover's happy lives? that... actually kind of made sense.

"what about... icarus?" carbon hummed softly. he laid on his back, watching the clouds lazily drift by as he continued to dig his hand into his chip bag and eat the crisps one by one, making sure to offer his lover some whenever the older man reached for the bag. icarus? why? "there's an old story about a kid who had wings made of wax. he flew too close to the sun and his wings melted, causing him to fall back to earth. i've always liked that story. and besides, i don't want to give you a name you wouldn't like considering you've been pretty cool so far and... have really only helped me out." carbon peered at his lover. "he said that he hates the demon you made a deal with and wants to fuck with his plans to ruin our lives. like... demon against demon or some shit. and... if the one you made a deal with really is planning on continuing to throw shit in our way, then me being possessed might... help, you know? so, how about it? do you like the name icarus?" carbon looked back at the sky again, eating the last chip in the bag before he reached for another bag and sandwich. he still wasn't close to being full.

i... i do like it. for some reason, it makes me feel... something. i'm not sure what it is. it's almost like i remember something, but i have no specific memories. i think that's nostalgia. it's kind of like... say i ate a specific type of candy bar when i was ten years old, and never had one again until i was twenty years old. eating that candy bar would make me feel nostalgic for the time i ate one all those years ago. does that make sense? ... yes.... yes it does make sense. icarus it is, then. carbon grinned and looked at james with a rather happy and giddy smile tugging at his lips. "he likes it! this might not be a bad arrangement, you know? as long as i can keep my emotions under control, me bursting into flames randomly won't be a problem all that much, right?"

// carbon is so sweet

he's actually kind of glad to have a demon friend!

and icarus is totally just like

"welp. i guess this is the closest i'll get to being a human again. also fuck that one demon in particular"

i so totally want james to get some kind of spooky demon ability too that unlocks eventually as well

i need me some supernatural boys in my life tbh

uzumati.

It was. . . interesting, how obvious it was that Carbon was talking - or listening, rather - to someone who wasn’t there, physically, with the two of them. James had never really noticed before; not when he hadn’t known the truth of what was actually going on with the younger man. But now that he did, he could recognize the signs quite easily. Carbon got this look in his eyes, almost faraway, and a minutely pinched expression, as if he were listening, or concentrating hard on something whenever he was listening and conversing with the demon in his head. James did, however, appreciate some of the talking out loud, because he assumed that Carbon didn’t have to do that at all, should he not want to. His boyfriend had always hid things well, but once you knew what exactly to look for, it all became obvious. Or, maybe James was just good at reading the man after all these years of paying attention to him. Maybe both.

He didn’t really think that Carbon would approve of any of the names that he’d thrown out at the spur of the moment, so he simply tossed his head back to laugh before reaching his free hand out into his boyfriend’s space to grab a chip out of the bag that he was holding. It was weird. He’d mainly been teasing Carbon, but in a way, had he ended up teasing this nameless demon as well? It seemed stupid, in a way, to question and think about this, but in what way would his boyfriend being possessed affect their relationship? Would it at all? He wasn’t, like, dating this demon too now, was he? Even the idea of it hurt his head to think about too heavily, but he also couldn’t shake it. It was stupid, he knew; obviously he wasn’t, but to have a possessed boyfriend with a demon he engaged in conversation with was odd, to say the least. Difficult to come to terms with, to say the worst.

“Tell him to join the club. I hate the bastard, too,” James said with a little rueful chuckle as he reached for and bit into another chip from the bag. The damned thing had. . . well, he didn’t want to say ‘ruined his life’, because for as badly as this had all turned out, he had gotten Carbon back. He wished more than anything that his boyfriend hadn’t been fucking cursed in the process, but James was selfish. He’d always been selfish when it came to the younger man, and the feeling only seemed to be getting stronger now that they were actually together. He wanted to stay by the man’s side, and wasn’t that evident enough by the poisoned bat laying a few inches from his thigh? It was a heady, overwhelming feeling, knowing that he’d go to the ends of the Earth for Carbon. He’d sold his soul already, but he’d give up so much more if he had to.

“Icarus, huh?” James asked, raising his eyebrow as the name rolled off his tongue. He didn’t seem himself speaking it much - it was probably more for Carbon’s benefit than anyone else’s - but to put a name to something unfamiliar was comforting, in a way. He still felt uneasy about a demon occupying his boyfriend’s body, but if the younger man felt comfortable enough, then James would just have to trust him, and support him by his side. “It suits well enough,” he agreed with a nod. Carbon was probably being too optimistic about it being okay if he ‘burst into flames randomly’ but James didn’t have a response that wasn’t a rehash of what he’d already said. To be careful.

“So, emotions, huh? What does this demon - Icarus - think about yours?” He questioned with a hum, unable to resist. He might as well take advantage of the opportunity to learn a bit more about this unfamiliar guy. “You love me, right?” he purred, leaning closer and pressing his head against Carbon’s chin. “What does Icarus think about that?” He was intrigued, but his tone was mainly teasing, just to see what kind of response he would get. Truly, he didn’t really care what Icarus thought in that regard - whether he ‘approved’ or not - and he trusted that Carbon didn’t either.

ooc;; icarus; “i guess this is fine, i can see the outside world again, so whatever”

carbon; “he seems nice, i can live with this. plus, super cool flames!”

james; “how did this become my life?”

but ooh, dw, james will def get something special <3

xredxpepperx

snowfall-gif-11.gif

• CARBON-LOU WILSON

emotions... huh. carbon didn't really think about it, but if icarus' fire was tied to the intensity of his emotions, that meant that the demon could actually feel them, right? and the demon had gone on before to say that it was good to feel things again. did that mean that normal demons felt nothing? or, could they only feel a few things? the thought alone was interesting enough for carbon to squirm slightly, inching closer to james while he ate his sandwich and chips laying on the grass. damn... normally, carbon didn't enjoy the feeling of grass on his skin, but this grass was, like... unnaturally soft. it was almost like a carpet. it was interesting. he would absolutely have to ask riley how to make his lawn like this for when they moved.

your emotions are... overwhelming. at just their normal level, they are intense and a bit difficult for me to understand or register. i will get a better understanding of it as i get to know you more, but for now, they are suffocating. i am a bit worried about emotions intenser than this -- i fear the world might not stay untouched by our flames. "they're suffocating. right now, with my meds and me being at a pretty normal level, they're intense for him. i think it's probably because demons don't feel anything normally. he said it was nice to be able to see earth as a human again and feel things like a human. but i'm guessing that, after god knows how long, he hasn't had emotions; being in my body to start with probably sucks." it was true. carbon, naturally, felt emotions much stronger than most people. it was tied to a mental illness that he hadn't gotten diagnosed for, and therefore he was never sure why he did. all the research he had done lead to borderline personality disorder, but he still wasn't sure.

at james' question about loving him, carbon sat up, his eyes slightly wide. "of course i love you! i love you more than anything!" he put his sandwich and chips to the side, tossing his arms and legs around james' body in a koala-like hug. james felt even colder than he had before. calm down, carbon. i'm not used to feeling things. something as simple as loving too much could cause an accident. are you serious? i can't even love my boyfriend properly? give me some time to adjust. a few days, that's all i'm asking. carbon couldn't promise anything. with how truly and wholly he was in love with james, it would be tough to try and force it down even slightly. the younger still kept his body wrapped around his lover. what did icarus think about that? that... was a bit of a weird question. carbon's face tilted up a bit as he looked at the older man.

it's none of my business. i see through your eyes when i want to, so i'm just as easily able to not see anything. i won't peer into your lovemaking -- though i will inadvertently be able to feel the emotions you feel. i won't feel any of the pleasure unless i'm actively trying to; which, again, i won't do. it's none of my business and the last thing i want to do is drive a stake between you two. it would be quite difficult to mess with the other demon if you and james went your separate ways, hmm? carbon thought about what icarus had said, rolling the words over in his mind to sort through them and relay them back to his love. "he... hmm. i guess the long and the short of it is that he doesn't care. if anything, he wants us to stay together so he can keep fucking with the demon attached to you. he says he can look through my eyes when he wants to, same with feeling things physically, but that he won't do either of those when we're fucking. and i'll be able to tell when he does, too! i've noticed that when he's also looking through my eyes, i feel... my eyes are a bit blurry. almost like they're watering but they're not. and when he's feeling things through my skin, i get really tingly. so it'll be easy to tell if he's lying." he could hear icarus chuckle softly in his head. as nice as icarus' voice was, it didn't hold a candle to james'. carbon hugged james a little tighter, trying to pull the other closer and closer and closer. "but that doesn't matter, because he's not your boyfriend, and i'm not his boyfriend. you're my boyfriend and i'm yours. he's not included in our romantic and sexual relationships. just me and you."

// shitty mobile post incomingggg

icarus: y'all can keep your fucking to yourselves i don't want any part of that

carbon; good

james; what is my life

i wish to be in the know about this spooky demon power i am dyING TO KNOW BBY

uzumati.

James eagerly accepted Carbon’s embrace, wrapping his arms around the younger man and pulling him more securely into his lap until he was properly being straddled. He didn’t push for more than that, though, considering the current state of his boyfriend’s emotional needs. If the man needed to stay calm in order to avoid catching on fire, then James wouldn’t give him a reason to get worked up, for both of their sakes. He didn’t want Carbon to have to put a damper on his feelings in order to reach some semblance of ‘normal’ - especially when it came to their relationship and romantic feelings for one another, selfish as he was - but, when push came to shove, it was Carbon’s well-being that mattered most. After all, he knew without even having to ask that the man loved him. The reassurance was nice, and he’d never tire of hearing the words fall from the younger man’s lips, but he didn’t need to to know it.

“Relax baby, I know you do. You’re going to overwhelm the demon,” he hummed gently, resting his head against the younger’s shoulder. He didn’t have to hear anything from Icarus himself to know that, if even simple emotions were suffocating, then an outburst such as that one would likely be too much. From the way it sounded, they might have been cutting it close, even right then. “But,” he murmured, talking quietly in the space between them, “I’m glad he can bow out whenever he wants.” James wrapped his arms more fully against Carbon’s waist, tugging him close and settling comfortably against him. “You’ve tried to goad me into exhibitionalist activities before, but you know I like my privacy. Good to know you don’t have a voyeur tagging along,” he chuckled.

With a relaxed, comfortable sigh, James released Carbon from his hold and tilted backwards, laying flat on the lush grass beneath then and leaving the younger man where he was on his lap. “It’s nice here. After Dom’s dealt with, I wouldn’t mind moving to a place like this. Middle of nowhere, quiet, this grass that Riley has somehow made so fucking green. I mean, what the hell is he doing?” He rambled, closing his eyes against the brightness of the sun above them. Spots of color danced and flashed behind his eyelids, and the light still shined through, so he draped a forearm over them as well before reaching his free hand to grip and rest against Carbon’s leg. Really, the grass wasn’t itchy or anything like the feeling of normal grass against his bare skin: it was soft and confortable.

Another thing about this place that he liked was that. . . in a way, it felt safe. He wasn’t sure if Carbon felt the same, considering all of his past experiences with the house, but for James, this house was a comfort. It had Carbon, Riley, and the ease of the familiar relationship between those two. He hoped, once all this bullshit in their life got dealt with, that he and Carbon could find themselves a home filled with an easy comfort where they could just relax and be happy for the rest of their lives together.

ooc;; no worries, your post was good

i will also toss out a shitty mobile post for u :)

yoo i might just kill him LOL because what if! what if! his injuries are too severe and he does die! but comes back~~

then he can be,,,, demonic ((plus i think it’d be fun to navigate the issue of demon emotions with the bbys and their love~))

what do u think :?

xredxpepperx

snowfall-gif-11.gif