dear weatherman / open, hunting patrol - DICE THREAD

We've done a few more changes to the site you can read about HERE
  • (elekrel rolled 18) she held her head up to feel the sun kiss the tip of her nose. the midday sun stood proudly and brightly above the she-cat's head. with long, soundless breaths, she stalked the small prey through the tall grass. it was foraging among the long grass oblivious to its stalker. white tail tip flickering behind her she stalked close to her quarry. the hare was a young plump one, just what the clan needed to fatten up now. she was only a rabbit length away now the wind bringing the succulent aroma of her prey into her nostrils. mouth watering she launched forward. the hare realizing it was under attack attempted an escape; long limbs, allowed her to quickly out stride her surprised quarry and pounce. claws sinking into warm flesh, she dealt the hare a killing bite to the back of the neck. hare now dangling limply in her jaws.


    the lake turned different shades of blue, green, reds, purples--depending on the day. water could turn into grime for all victoria knew. she really wished her mother was here to see the beauty in the movement. of course, the whole shift with the new leadership of bloodclan. it bothered some, but they needed someone who knew the land. the grey tabby was buried between cat tails, some frogs that happened to be a treat. although, the other feline had claimed the twoleg object. funny-looking play structure, but; it was taken. it had a different view points, much quieter from the twoleg place. it was rare to see them now days. perhaps, she should have said goodbye to her loner or kittypet friends.


    life was just beginning to replenish on the clan territories, the weather was warmer, prey was plumper and more common, flowers were in bloom- it made her gush just thinking about all the kits that will be running around with the warmer seasons. her day dreaming was subsequently interrupted once her paw caught in a small hole in the ground and her face immediately met the grass and flowers she was enthusiastic about earlier. (elekrel rolled 1) the rabbit escaped from her jaw's jumping a mouse length away. her ears flickered back.


    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


    OUT OF CHARACTER: this is a dice roll thread for primary trappers, rippers welcome. interested in having a different type of thread. content: leadership called out for a hunting patrol. victoria was picked to lead it, and choice four other people's characters (or more) were called to gather food for the evening. one of the lakeside cat's told victoria and her group to try the lakeside park for better luck.


    FRESH KILL AVAILABLE: common: frogs, finches, thrushes, sparrows, pigeons. fish species such as trout(common), minnow, salmon, pike (rare), or carp(rare). shew / water shew, rabbits (rare). mice, squirrels, field mouse, rats. beetles, earth worms.


    DICE ROLLER 1d20: https://rolz.org/ -- i aint cheating for the numbers, you should not either; all you do is "try/aim too" such as D&D rule set. So, if you want to do a really cool flip in the air and land on the other side of someone in game, your DM (dungeon master) will probably ask you to roll an Acrobatics check. In that case, you’d roll a d20, add any modifiers you might have, and tell the DM the final number, which will determine how well you flipped in the air. If you roll a 1, you’ve critical failed and probably fell flat on your face and injured yourself. If you roll a 20, it’s a critical success (usually just called a crit) and you probably managed several spins in the air before landing in the most amazing pose ever. (more information here)


    elekrel, players (4/-):

    in the end when all is said and done

    in the end we learn to overcome

    in the end we'll sing our final song

    we forgive, we forget and move on


    female | long-furred grey tabby | member of bloodclan

    20 months |information | victoria is written by elekrel

  • [ IT TRULY WAS A CRUEL THING ] She's no talented hunter. She could manage to feed herself a bird or a mouse, but that is really dependent on luck, as she would like to say, unfortunately. While information and knowledge are her strengths, her weaknesses lies in hunting and fighting, which needless to say, are imperative to survival and BloodClan. She could manage just fine, but she would rather not have anyone looking at her and then mocking her for her lack of skills. Only she can laugh at others, not the other way around. Despite that, here she is, on this hunting patrol that Victoria had put together. Ugh. Well, it's not like there is much to do in the town. It is a little boring, dramaless, so when the she-cat had spoken up, she had agreed to come along.


    The other grey tabby had gone off to hunt down a rabbit on her own, so Para supposes she could do the same and go solo just around this area that they had arrived into. This open area seems full of many possible prey to hunt, from what the patrol had heard from the rogues around here, the best hunting ground. They're fortunate, they wouldn't have to go hunting like the old Twolegplace through its treacherous paths.


    Suddenly, there's a flutter of wings and she pauses in her slow walk, freezing. A bird of sort, but she don't really recognize the species (a finch). Of course, she don't bother to care for what type of bird it is, but at least, she can say with confidence that it's not a crow. Or a raven. She drops down, crouching in the grass as sharp eyes train on this bird that had pecked the earth in search for a worm. Its back is to her, proving to be perfect. Moving closer, quiet as she could, careful where she makes her steps, she could almost feel her stomach growl, and she has to repress it as hard as she could to avoid noises being made.


    rolled 17.


    Then, she makes her pounce. The body of the avian creature sinks beneath her weight and the finch chirps in surprise at the attack, struggling to escape her grasp. With a quick bite to kill her prey, the bird's fallen limp and hangs in the mouth of the BloodClanner. Her head lifts to search for Victoria once more, having just caught her clanmate losing a rabbit. The rabbit's bounding diagonal of them two, and for a moment, brief wonderment of chasing it enters her mind. But she pushes it away. No way can she catch a rabbit for sure. No one would need to tell her that her luck would not be on her side if she tries to go after it. She would stick to the bird she has in her mouth.


    "Rabbits really are tough to catch, save them for those WindClanners, sweetie." Her voice is muffled through the feathers as she tries to call out to Victoria. A cough lets out as she feels the ticklish feeling of the feather in her mouth, and she tries to not drop the prey as a fit shakes her body a little.

    paradox_by_silverlightss_de2hcjh-fullview.png

    WILL WE BURN INSIDE THE FIRES OF A THOUSAND SUNS?


  • small b before i reply:-)

    in the end when all is said and done

    in the end we learn to overcome

    in the end we'll sing our final song

    we forgive, we forget and move on


    female | long-furred grey tabby | member of bloodclan

    20 months |information | victoria is written by elekrel

  • [Tags coming soon]


    Lucky prowled around lakeside park, head low and green eyes searching the edge of the water. All the while, his ears twitched frequently, searching for the sound of any prey rustling through the grasses. It was hard for the tuxedo tabby to pick up on the scent of anything so close to the water, as its smell was overpowering. It smelt musty, even earthy, due to the decaying plant matter within its waters and definitely at its waters edge.


    The trapper made a move to distance himself from the shore. However, as he did so, he heard a sudden burst of activity ahead of him, including the chirps of a distressed bird. He stood frozen for a moment, his fur on end, eyes wide and searching. He didn't see any cat immediately through the grass, but suspected a fellow member was in the brush. A wicked idea crossed his mind.


    Lucky sank onto his belly and crept forward, meaning to surprise whomever was in front of him. The grass tickled his cheeks and flank as he slid through the growth, pupils dilated and ears rotated forwards searching. He could just see gray fur; he could just hear a voice...


    Rolled 15


    He leapt from the tall grass to where the two-she cats stood with a loud mrrow, gaze shining mischievously in his attempt to startle them. For the briefest of moments, his attention darted from them to the finch, as if he contemplated taking it for himself.