We've done a few more changes to the site you can read about HERE
  • The hedgehog had since cleared through his entire plate, quietly eyeing Tails' food until the fox returned home. At the sight of his ruffled fur, the hedgehog couldn't help a little laugh, shaking his head..

:All in a day's work.!"

aa
    I need more metal music in my life,,

• "It's not even noon yet," Tails yawned, his ears flicking as the microwave beeped. He grabbed his plate and plopped down at the table with a dramatic sigh. "And I missed my morning cartoons, too." It was easy for most people to forget that, despite his mechanical prowess, the little fox was still a kid. He leaned forward and began to gnaw at his half-eaten bacon.

ee98284d7df6c0606448d6f3e10cd1b9a855801a.gifv

泣きたい私は猫をかぶる

caa1ed79d3366dd5e5b3618f7d98771dad3d0bbc.gifv

• "You didn't record them?" He asked the kit, passively picking up the remote and spinning it with his fingers within his own hand.
    "Either way... I would say this morning was a bit more exciting than some cartoons, huh? I mean, did you see the mineshaft I was in?" Emerald eyes brighten as he began to retell his experience.

"I don't know how... uh, stable they usually look, though I'm just happy everyone got out before too much damage was done. Thank Chaos nobody was killed."

aa

• "You left too quick," Tails mumbled in response with a mouthful of food. Now that he had gotten some food into him, the fox was more than happy to listen to Sonic's boasting, a playful smile crossing his face. Only Sonic would find a toxin-filled mineshaft fight exciting. "It doesn't seem like the robot put up that much of a fight, though," he chimed in happily. "I mean, the fight was over by the time I got there!"

泣きたい私は猫をかぶる

• "All the more reason to stay behind!" The hedgehog grinned to his brother, sighing and leaning back upon his resting spot.
    "Yeah, it was like tearing through paper! All the metal was rusted so thin; I was surprised it was still standing after all the destruction it caused!"

aa

• The fox began using his fork as a toothpick as he spoke. "Yeah... it's kind of weird. I wonder what made it power up after all this time. Maybe the mining party woke it up when they broke into the cavern? I mean, why was it down there to begin with? I wonder if it was maybe an old base Eggman had that he used for something..."

泣きたい私は猫をかぶる

• "Who knows? Maybe they activated it on accident? I wouldn't imagine they purposefully made the entire mine collapse... Though I still can't imagine how it got the energy to move around, even after being dead all of this time...." The hedgehog sighs, tilting his head to one side and rubbing through his quills.

"We just might not know 'till later, if ever."

aa

• super sorry! I’ve been busy recently, but i should be relatively back on track now.)

Tails sighed and leaned back, scratching the inside of his ear with the handle of his fork. “But that could be a vital piece to the puzzle,” he mumbled in mild frustration. “Maybe we should go back there later when all the toxic stuff is cleared out and see if we can pick up any clues...”

泣きたい私は猫をかぶる

• "Yeah, you're right. Hopefully it doesn't take too long, huh?" Sonic smirked, reaching over to steal a bit of food from his brother's plate, then hopping off of the table and strolling away with a smile on his face.

aa

• "You were taking too long!" was his only excuse as he headed for the door, grabbing his shoes.
    "Think I'm gonna go on a little run; need anything while I'm out?" It was plenty sunny outside, so he didn't bother putting on any extra coverings.

aa

• Tails shook his head, sighing, and grabbed his now-empty plate. "No, I don't have anything I need right now. Just be sure to come back if your cough gets worse or anything," he added as he put the plate into the sink, turning the water on and slowly rinsing it off.

泣きたい私は猫をかぶる

• Sonic's ears twitched back a bit at the mention. He'd almost managed to forget about the irritation...
    "Yeah, yeah, I'll be fine!" he slipped the protective gear on and made for the door, unlocking it and slipping through, letting the pressure of his speeding off close the door behind him. As much as he knew Tails wasn't very fond of it, it was just simpler (read: faster) than pulling the door closed.
    Within seconds he was already a mile away, feeling the burn starting up in his lungs - and ignoring it, like he did with anything that bothered him.

aa

• "Hmm...."

Dr. Eggman sat back in his seat, pressing his fingers together as he stared at his screen from behind his dark glasses. Reflected off of the lens was the readings from the recent robot attack on the monitors, all hooked up to a small circular device, small enough to be carried in a pocket. One leg crossed over the other, he leaned on one hand as the other came down to the desk and began to drum against the steel. "Interesting."

"So, boss, what'd you find out?" A small, yellow, cube-shaped robot hovered by Eggman's left side, accompanied by a red sphere-shaped robot - looking much more nervous than the other. "Didja figure out who was trying to pretend to be you?"

"No one's trying to impersonate me," Eggman huffed as he continued drumming his fingers. "That was a simple, idiotic notion I proposed to cover myself as I collected the information I needed from my old robot. Thankfully, they seemed to buy it long enough ... even so, nothing here is incredibly helpful to explain what happened exactly." Eggman stood up, both palms pressing against the table. "I had an old model stationed down there to monitor some odd readings that I had picked up on a couple years back. There had been no other unusual activity, so I entirely forgot about it until this entire ordeal happened. Apparently, from the few days the robot was active before Sonic decided to play monkey-in-the-middle with its circuits, the mining activity had aggravated the readings I had been picking up on. It just so happened that the day they breached was when the readings shot up astronomically. I can only assume those readings resulted in the gas leak the miners ran into."

He straightened and slowly began to stroke his mustache. "Luckily, I have a back way of returning to the area unnoticed. I had some mini-bots go and collect samples of the gas, and they should be back within the hour. I have an inkling that it may prove... useful."

泣きたい私は猫をかぶる

• "What were the readings you found worth investigating, sir?" The red bot piped up, wondering what had caught their creator's attention this time. If it was what it was likely to be, whatever the doctor was planning would end up blowing up in his face. But of course, he wouldn't say that aloud, lest he be dismantled on the spot.

aa

• "The readings only showed an odd fluctuation in chaos energy readings, higher than normal. That usually wouldn't be cause for any investigation, but rather than positive energy, it was negative. This piqued my curiosity." He raised a finger pointedly, turning to the two robots with his signature grin. "Because, Sonic's Super form handles positive chaos energy. My run-in with Chaos' final form showed me the difference between the two. I thought, if I could somehow manipulate negative chaos energy, I could mess with Super Sonic, his most irritating form of taking me down." He scowled. "But it didn't go anywhere. There was more than usual in the area, but not nearly enough for me to try and do anything with it. However... this gas leakage is spurting an over-abundance of negative chaos energy. The best part is, during my run-in with the blue rat and his little freak friend, I observed that Sonic had practically gulped gallons of the gas during his little game with my old gadget."

"oOoH, too many 'g's', boss," Cubot groaned and held his head.

泣きたい私は猫をかぶる

• (Thought it was gonna be Dark Gaia's Energy?)

"Oh." Was all he could offer, watching his sharper counterpart groan from the alliterated phrases. He himself just rolled his eyes; of course the simple-minded bot would get confused.
    "So, what are you planning to do with him now? Just sit back and watch for any changes? Or perhaps goad him into performing some tests, to see what it does to him?" As long as it wasn't "use it as a power source, the red orb figured that the plan would already be a step ahead of previous attempts at world domination.

aa

• isn't it kind of the same thing? that's what I understood from the games - especially with dark/light gaia dichotomy in Unleashed, I thought they were some forms of chaos energy.. at the least they're incredibly similar and easy for Eggman to get mixed up, we can easily retcon it, lol. )

"Knowing Sonic's unnatural body, it might take a while for the effects to take on him. However, those miners are sitting in a hospital and much more still and predictable than that stupid hedgehog. Of course, once I get the gas samples back, I won't need to observe them, as I'll be able to derive the effects simply from studying the molecular makeup, but it can't help to have some physical subjects to study. And while I do that..." He leaned forward to the holographic screen and pulled up said readings of the released energy. "I'm going to finish what those miners started, and see if I can find the source of this dark energy..."

Orbot dragged his hands down his cubed head and glanced at Orbot. Despite his slow thinking, even the yellow robot could tell that wasn't good news. However, he didn't have the same sense of self-preservation that Orbot did. "Gee, boss, I dunno... won't the same thing just happen again like what happened with that water-thing?"

泣きたい私は猫をかぶる

• (Ohh, ok,,)
    (I always understood them as separate, so I hadn't thought they would be similar in any way,,)

Even if Orbot was anything other than a robot, he would've flinched at the question. In all of his time serving the doctor, he learned that it was easier to let the old man think whatever he wanted and just... go along with it. Either that, or be turned into a paperweight.
    While he would prefer not getting yelled at, and even though his yellow counterpart could be aggravating at times, Orbot knew he would miss having the fellow around.
    "Ah - what he meant to say was whether you had any precautions against Sonic, so that the Chaos Event won't happen over again?"

aa