he would do anything ; dee

Check out the Court of Halcyon, holy knights of the Bleak Wilds and a growing unboarded proclan who aim to bring peace and order to Agrelos!
  • [ BIOGRAPHY ] it is a few days (or rather, just a day and a half) since the day he had arrived at the border of the cartel and joined them. even though he was tired from wandering for so long, he doesn't like to rest for long. not doing anything, sitting around, it feels unpleasant, as if he is wasting his productivity. he would rather be hustling, going hunting, or training, but he isn't unwise to know that sleep is also just as important. now that he had recovered enough, it is finally time to get an understanding of what the cartel is.

he actually had done his research a bit from loners on the paths way to the peninsula here and understands that this group is more of a "business" group than a clan that operates on four divisions that runs the group. the names escape him for a moment, but he is certain there must be at least healing and fighting divisions - every clan should have something like that. the other two are unknown and probably not as interesting if he didn't remember what they are. he probably should best ask someone around here in the mansion about the divisions and what cartel do anyway. it's not that he is worried he would stick out, he intends to stick out of tasks and things that he deems a waste of time. he may be a member of the cartel now, but he isn't going to let himself be completely restricted to every rule and duty there is in the handbook of the cartel.

the black serval adjusts the cloak a bit, making sure it's proper and fixed to cover his body before leaving the room he had been led to by dee the days before. king debates on who to approach. asimov is definitely out of the picture - he is probably too busy being a godfather. the one that smells like fish could do, but he smells like fish, so he is ruled out. there are two others, he thinks, but he already forgets what they look like or their names so they are not at all considered. he supposes that he could ask dee about it since he seems the only one that seems to have more freedom and time to show the serval around a bit. so the new member sets off, searching the hallways and the rooms of the mansion for the one who had showed him the way here.

Dee.

STARLIGHT RAINING OVER ME LIKE DRIFTING THROUGH A MEMORY

WAKE UP IN YOUR CRYSTAL SKY WE'RE FLOATING JUST TO FEEL ALIVE

• the difference between what should be and what's so

Dee always had to have his paws busy- whether he was cleaning, chatting, cooking, or reorganizing something one could assume he wasn't asked to. As much as he loved to laze around the manor, he couldn't stand doing so without company, and the minute he was left alone was the minute he was taking on a new project. Most of his day, however, was spent in the kitchen. The host capo was the self-proclaimed cook of the Cartel. The tables were never empty for long between the random sweets, meals, and snacks he arranged, and there was always at least one dinner party on the calendar.

Currently, Dee was icing cupcakes with a bright pink, raspberry frosting on the kitchen counter, standing with his back legs on a stepping stool to make up for his size. His grey eyes caught the edge of King's familiar black coat, and he was quick to turn his head with a raised, brow, setting down his work. "Need something, hon?" He asked politely, watching the other closely, despite the slight smile he greeting him with. The canine wasn't about to form entire opinions on first impressions, but between those that openly disliked him and those that wouldn't give him space, true apathy was the only thing that bothered him.

Wearing a cloak inside was almost as bad as Asimov wearing his sunglasses inside. It was just for the look, wasn't it, unless he was trying to hide something on his pelt? He expected King to join a division eventually. Cartel members were expected to work, whether it was watering plants in the greenhouse, running numbers, or aiding sales, but he hadn't exactly been seeing King around the past couple days. Not that that necessarily meant he hadn't been doing anything- he could have joined another division, but for Dee's observant gaze, it was something kept in mind.

BUT I'M OKAY IN SEE THROUGH SKIN .

I forgive what leaves me thin 'cause I'm in this house, I'm in this home

CARTEL CAPO | WOLF / HELLHOUND HYBRID | 3 YEARS | TAGS & BIO | PLAYED BY WHATNOT.

• [ BIOGRAPHY ] the room he enters is the kitchen, a long wide spread counter filled with sandy-coloured cupcakes and bright pink frosting. dee is here, having quickly noticed the entrance of the serval and greeting him not too unkindly. king touches the cloak that protects him briefly as he gazes at the cupcakes on the counter. "this kitchen available?"

the first words that come out of the mouth of the wildcat isn't exactly a proper answer to dee's question. a question poses as somewhat curious. king often cooks especially that he had time to do what he pleases during his loner life. cooking helps lessen the boredom of the everyday life, and in it he finds great pleasure. here, the cartel have an actual kitchen to use, and it would not be a lie to say that king is pleased to see an available room dedicated to cooking. although, he would find that he would be competing with dee for the 'self-proclaimed' chef of the kitchen. probably not so happy about that.

yellow gaze shifts away from the cupcakes to the cartelian as if remembering what he is here for. "i was looking for someone to tell me about the divisions here," he finally answers the capo of host division. "you have time to tell me a bit or are you busy?" if dee really is busy doing his baking here, then it is fine. king could just wander the hallways and find a npc to talk to.

• the difference between what should be and what's so

"For use?" Dee questioned, setting down his piping bag in favor of jumping down to the floor. While he would always be good at keeping his smiles despite his thoughts, the prospect of the newer member using his kitchen when he barely had his name wasn't exactly pleasant. It was the mysterious air, lack of formality, and apathy that bothered him, and while he truly hadn't found any person in particular he hadn't come to love in the Cartel, King was currently a bit of a struggle to wait to form opinions on. He was host capo now, regardless. He reminded himself he was his superior.

And as his superior... "No, its mine*," he blatantly lied. "But I'll give permission, provided that you check with me first that it won't interfere with meal plans." Dee gave a soft smile and tilt of the head as if in sympathy, as if this was simply the way that things needed to be. Would anyone really call him out if he claimed the kitchen was his, at this point? Asimov would probably back him up if he pouted over it... And you can't really argue with the godfather of the clan, can you?

"I'm not, really- the cupcakes could use a couple minutes more to cool before I finish icing them. It won't be your fault if I turn my back for a single second to find they've vanished," he joked, glancing back at the counter. It's happened before, but he was always quick to drop what he was doing for another Cartelian, even if they were new to him. "Would you like a formal tour, as well?"

BUT I'M OKAY IN SEE THROUGH SKIN .

I forgive what leaves me thin 'cause I'm in this house, I'm in this home

CARTEL CAPO | WOLF / HELLHOUND HYBRID | 3 YEARS | TAGS & BIO | PLAYED BY WHATNOT.

• [ BIOGRAPHY ] dee respond to his question, thinking about his question. soon enough, he gives an answer. no. a small smile accompanies that lie, as he tests his exercise of authority over the new member. it is clearly a lie. a public room would not be completely owned. yes, someone who is skilled in cooking could like to say they own the kitchen floor, but they couldn't own the room itself. this is a test of power coming from this one. a fictitious eyebrow is raised at these words that spill from those lying lips and king's only response is, "i see." of course, he intends no complete cooperation with dee on the use of kitchen. he intends to go about as he sees fit, cooks as he like and if it conflicts with the capo's cooking schedule, oh well.

he leaves the subject to hang in the air, not interested in pursing any further on it as he knows dee's intentions on that matter. the important part is understanding the divisions, the main reason he's here for. he glances at the cupcakes behind the hybrid. sweets are not his thing, so he could hardly see any reason to swipe one, but of course the problem of cake thieving would lie in the other cartelians. his focus shifts back to the larger cartelian. "if the tour is not too long." short answer given as always. he's not certain what would be in this formal tour, but if it's a formal tour, he can guess it may be a bit of a long one than an informal one.