PILVET LIIKKUU [&] Felix

Check out the Court of Halcyon, holy knights of the Bleak Wilds and a growing unboarded proclan who aim to bring peace and order to Agrelos!
  • VIDEO

The two lie somewhere in the territory, purpose unknown. Roman, fighting the urge to fall asleep, lazily blinks up at those puffy, white things at the edges of his vision. Clouds, aren't they? Clouds sprawl across the wide blue above them; some are cautious drifters, others are smooth sailors, and still others seem to race breakneck across the sky. The sky is an ocean today, washed with cloud-spotted sunshine and cerulean watercolor. His eyes are permanently darkened in shadow, but they still find the brilliant daylight almost blinding—it's just that nice of a day. They were supposed to out on a patrol today. Something like checking up on the vortex those Ruiners fell out of, right? His strained eyes rest themselves on the grass beneath them, and they're forced to blink away drowsiness before thinking any further. Ah, they've decided to just pick this spot to sit on...for surveillance. There's an ache in his belly, familiar stresses trying to push their way through from both their zombies and the Ruiners. It seems rather far away right now.

Self-care counts as productivity too, he's sure. He stifles a yawn with the paw he lays on, letting out a tiny huff of laughter instead. "How high have you ever flown?" the fox muses. While his head doesn't shift to the golden boy next to him, his eyes do, casual, curious. Content. If the Ruiners intended to attack, he wagers it'd be a little later than today. Besides, they're in a nice position to leap to their paws and warn the others if something did happen.

HOW COULD I BE BETTER?

( i paid the price in full, just to clear the record )

• ❝ YOU CAN TAKE WHAT'S LEFT OF ME ❞

Felix has been feeling a certain sort of wariness ever since the Ruiners had shown up. It was to be expected. The Sanctuary wasn't in any place to defend itself from attack, and damages were .. not an exciting prospect. He was trying not to think too hard on it. Felix was, after all, a bit .. prone to anxiety and paranoia.

"That's a good question," Felix says, cheerfully thoughtful. His gaze is locked to the sky, but his ears are pricked in a way that doesn't indicate a total lack of awareness. There was nothing wrong with having a fun chat, after all. "I dont think I've ever tried to push the limits too much. I only started flying, umm .. a little bit after I joined this place?" He doesn't elaborate on why. Felicity had always gotten antsy about it, because he was going to hurt himself or whatever. But Felicity is dead now, and though Felix isn't sure why he's so keen on forgetting about her, it was behind him now. "Umm .. I think I got pretty close to the top of the Sundran Jungle trees, once," It was his main scale of reference, frankly. Felix's vision was not the greatest in the world. Figuring out how high up he is is complicated a little bit by how fuzzy the ground can get at times.

ezgif-5-ab14cd3af551.png

*:・゚✦ — THERE'S MORE WOOD TO BURN

• The cheer in his voice is somewhat reassuring. He knows the days of twice-captures and winter-anger can't be completely left behind; it's difficult to pull calluses out of one's still-beating heart. It speaks within the lack of reason behind Felix's mildly surprising response, something that he'd question had he been less tactful. Today isn't the day to open old wounds though. He lets out a hum in response, gaze settling on the borders far past them in a show of awareness. Tension still runs through his bones, but it's slowed down significantly. There's only a slight tickle in worn paws, only faint buzzing in the depths of thinned ears. Only blurred images of concrete behemoths and choked sewers. Today's downtime is nothing like his midnight drinking escapades.

"Wow," is all he really can respond with. It's genuine too—despite all his dreams of the sky, he's never been anywhere higher than a boulder or two off the ground. His balance is, understandably, quite poor. But he can still dream. "Were the clouds any bigger, that high up?" he wonders aloud. His tongue slips in the atmosphere, prompting him to add, "Mm, I hope."

HOW COULD I BE BETTER?

• ❝ YOU CAN TAKE WHAT'S LEFT OF ME ❞

Felix, though on the surface a simple, cheery character, never really had been one to respond to things in a way people anticipated, or ... very cleverly, either. Felix was certainly more intelligent than people gave him credit for, but he was, ah .. impulsive and emotionally-driven at the worst of times. In this case, it hadn't been such a disaster that Felix was lingering on it, in any case, besides the vague threat of the Ruins.

Roman's awe prompts the serval's gaze to fall from the clouds he'd been staring at, blinking at the fox before him. Felix had never been good at flight up until recently, so the interest in it is new to him. Or .. no. People had expressed interest before, but Felix had always had to let them due to the fact that he'd .. never truly learned how to fly.

"A little bit?" He says, almost uncertain. He hadn't been focusing on the clouds at the time, and the blurriness of them, too, made it hard to tell. "Yeah, a bit. But not by a ton, I don't think," He settles on, more firmly this time. "I wonder how far up they go," He thinks he's heard before that the air is thinner, in the clouds, but Felix isn't sure how high up they are. Offhand mentions in books were hardly something he could memorize. "Maybe I should try and see, sometime," He says thoughtfully, head half-tilting. It'd probably be something of a difficult task, considering Felix's lack of experience and the inherent danger of flight, but .. well. Flight wasn't as dangerous as people made it out to be, after all. He could always catch himself, or at least slow down his fall.

ezgif-5-ab14cd3af551.png

*:・゚✦ — THERE'S MORE WOOD TO BURN

• He can feel those sky-blue blue eyes land on him again; a little owlish, even in the daylight. Maybe it's a side effect of staying with the Volarians for far too long? He doesn't dwell on the imaginary shortcomings of other clans—it isn't his place, nor does he want to risk brings up biases he doesn't even know he has. The shortcomings of the serval next to him are something he doesn't think about either. Minor as they are right now, he doesn't want to expend precious analysis on someone he feels he knows fairly decently already. The title of friend, possibly. Friends, clouds, are the two thoughts foremost on his mind. He's never had either, only gritty replicas. The genuine articles are much more comfortable, he finds, if not a little heavy to wear. He lets out some small noise of encouragement at the idea of flying all the way up there, an idea so ludicrous it might just be possible. "I've never seen clouds behind the sun," he remarks. "So they're at least below that." Here he pauses, thinks carefully with an amused twinkle beneath wintry eyes. "If you find a way, you should take me with you."

HOW COULD I BE BETTER?