better alone | o, coven

Check out the Court of Halcyon, holy knights of the Bleak Wilds and a growing unboarded proclan who aim to bring peace and order to Agrelos!
  • ✦ ✧ ✦ Aphrodite had never been out this far. She'd never seen the Drowned Rift, and with curiosity, she wonders if Barghest has ever been to a place like this before. The scenery was quite nice, she had ot admit. Gliding to the border of the Drowned Rift, the girl takes a seat nearby as her icy gaze looms along, searching for someone to attend to her. She glances to Barghest, hoping that he was nearby. "Excuse me! Um, I'm Aphrodite, leader of the Coven, and I'm here with my deputy, Barghest. I need to speak to a leader, please!" Calls out the hybrid, drawing her white wings close to her body.

BARGHEST.  

I'LL HOLD YOU TILL YOUR LUNGS START BREAKING

Aphrodite Seraphinus Keyper ☆ Polaris & Heavenly Healer of Elysia ☆ Winged Jagupardess Hybrid ☆ penned by drea

Kady x Gabriel | tags

• "i'm sure they'll arrive soon," meowed kinship easily as she approached. personally, she felt like the drowned rift would be much easier to manage as well as the fact that they had 3 leaders. there was probably a big likelihood that at least one of them would arrive. "good to see you two again by the way. hopefully the trip wasn't too bad."

━━☆⌒*.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

THREE-EYED SILVER TICKED TABBY — DARK DYNASTY — PENNED BY STARRY. — lovely avatar made by oshi!

• ——————————————————- ˚₊✩ ——————————————————-

for someone as young ( and bordering on dumb ) as yuri , it's a surprise he's been out and about as much as he has . months spent wandering and wondering what had happened to him in his past life that would make him end up here , time spent under amaranthine's care and supervision until the man and his brother became his family , and then even more time dedicated to seeking out a place to call home . his journey had led him out quite far , the farthest being the sanctuary , though the tom opted to spend most of his time here now . still , he enjoys getting away from it at all and is intent on taking a jaunt outside when aphrodite's voice and the scent of the islands reaches him . it's a good thing he's already heading out , though it appears that someone had already greeted them . " oh , you again , " he says flatly , though it's not malicious so much as it's a blunt statement of fact . " is something wrong ? "

" speech "

◜‧ ✦ ‧◞ ━━━━━━ THERE'S A BILLION PEOPLE ON THIS PLANET

THAT YOU COULD BOTHER / BUT FOR SOME REASON YOU CHOSE ME

yuri " yurochka " adamo the sanctuary member drowned rift leviathan storage hub

• ˚* ੈ✩‧₊ when was it the last time that cookie had gone to the coven? a week? two? maybe even more. it never was this bad before in the past when he had first come to the drowned rift (then the drowned empire), and he knew it very well. back then, he had made a rigid schedule with his bodyguard when the both of them would travel to the floating islands and spend time in his home and family, then coming down to the kingdom underwater and sate the best he could his growing need to explore and just be anywhere new (as much as it made his little heart beat rapidly in nervousness.) it had worked out well, every week moving to and fro from the two magical territories. with how calm both of the groups had been, it didn’t feel all too strenuous or as nerve wreaking as he though it would’ve been. then he became the kraken. he never thought he would be promoted in the first place anywhere, much less to a deputy position in a place where most likely nobody else really knew who he was. suddenly things changed, and he was beginning to spend an extra day or two in the drowned rift rather than in the coven, trying to remember each group currently up and running and their political stances rather than huddled up with his father and sister cuddling his stuffed bunny.

now he’s a leviathan, a leader, and even if he had his brother and a seasoned leader beside him, he’s never been more unsure than ever in his life.

he knew the coven and the drowned rift were allies, though he never had gone to his home on “official leader duty” before. it felt off to him for some reason to hold that title with him while going over to the islands. the best he could come up with is that he already had to deal with such responsibility atop his shoulders full time while walking amongst other rifters, he still didn’t need to feel it in the coven as well or else he’d surely faint... like usual. though now, while he comes to stop next to his brother and lightly wince at his blunt wording and tone, he wonders if anyone in the coven even knows what exactly “little cookie” is up to when he leaves- that is, if they even notice him leave in the first place. “a-aphrodite, hello, welcome to, um, the d-drowned rift. ‘m here to talk since, uh, y’know... leader and all, as well as yuri here- please don’t mind him t-too much.” he paused slightly to look at yuri and give him a boyish smile. “sorry i h-haven’t been in the coven for a-a bit... b-but, um, while you ‘n barghast are here, would you guys want some, uh... water? food? we wouldn’t mind bringing some even if the t-trip wasn’t long... probably...

i don't want you to cry, the universe is gonna give you many flowers

get rid of all that fear, you'll be a lot more, trust me, i understand ࿐ ˚ . ✦

cookiecrumbs adamo —— drowned empire & the sanctuary —— storage

• The trip was not too bad and the hound was placid at the least. Calm and assured, keeping tabs on Aphrodite so that he could help and protect her as need be. He had never been to the Drowned Rift and it wasn't a place he found himself knowledgeable on. But Mulder had told him some things here and there. Flicking his thick tail the man would come to stand near Aphrodite as members started to arrive. Personally he was not a fan because of first impressions but he would keep himself civil. At least to a degree. They spoke of food and water and the idea of water alone bad the feeling of his day mouth and throat even more prevalent. Even as a vampire water was a necessity. "If you can spare some water that would be great." He gave a warm smile as he shifted a bit and frankly he would let his leader handle this situation. After all the talking should be done by her and ye wouldn't force himself to overstep unless negotiations were left hanging in the air.

I got a feeling inside that I can't domesticate

IT DOESN'T WANT TO LIVE IN A CAGE, A FEELING THAT I CAN'T HOUSEBREAK

BARGHEST REAVER | THE SOLDIER | ANGELHOUND | TAGS | REF | PENNED BY RHOS

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Aphrodite recognizes Kinship, smiling brightly at them despite the news she was going to deliver. The girl gently shrugs her shoulders, "It wasn't too bad." She responds with a confident nod of her head. After all, being able to fly had its benefits.

When Yuri approaches, he catches her attention. She remembers him as being less tasteful to speak with when he'd visited the border. It seemed that he hadn't changed much. "Well, yes and no." She responds as a small sigh comes through her parted lips. She's ready to tell Yuri, but Cookiecrumbs approaches before she has a chance to elaborate. Good, he needs to hear this, she thinks, the light in her gaze dimming. "Water would be nice . . The Coven is suffering from a drought." She murmurs, nodding as Barghest asks for water. With Shimmer Lake drying up, water was becoming more scarce.

"I. . have decided that the Coven and the Drowned Rift should part ways as allies. Now, take it with a grain of salt, that does not mean we have decided to be enemies. Cookiecrumbs would know better than anyone that we are peaceful, and we will receive neutrals with kindness. I have just decided to cut ties with some of our allies." She says, her gaze drifting back and forth between Cookiecrumbs and Yuri as she speaks. It was a hard decision to make, but Aphrodite had decided to keep some clans closer than others. The Drowned Rift didn't make the cut for her. "And Cookiecrumbs," She adds quietly, rubbing her paws against the ground. "I know you haven't been to the Coven in a while - That's okay. But, there's something you need to know." She says, trying her best to not allow herself to start crying. However, she couldn't help but have her vision be blurred by the water in her eyes. "Amaranthine is dead. I'm so, so sorry." She says quietly, feeling the sting in her eyes. "Spiritline is holding a funeral. You are welcome to attend."

// THESE LONELY ISLES && FUNERAL

Aphrodite Seraphinus Keyper ☆ Polaris & Heavenly Healer of Elysia ☆ Winged Jagupardess Hybrid ☆ penned by drea

Kady x Gabriel | tags

ah , so that's what this was all about . a group too high and mighty to stay friends with those who weren't as large and active as they were . pathetic in his opinion . the underdog could always rise above , and yuri gets a fleeting sense of deja vu , a memory just pushed back enough of someone he never expected taking way his position at the top . he scowls and barely refrains from saying something that would make them enemies , instead settling for an eye roll . " oh boo , " he says on a sharp exhale , turning his head away to glance at cookecrumbs . but he can't make a comment about water or the drought because aphrodite is speaking to his co - leader about information he has every right to know as well . lovely being ignored , huh ? is it because of his attitude ? probably , not that he wants to care ( and he does , but he once again squashes any emotions that aren't so crude ) . amaranthine is dead . and his little bubble of spite and anger shatters . legs shake , and for the first time since he had gotten to know the adamos , yuri chooses to lean into his brother's side . " stop playing these fucking games ! " he spits like fire , though it's a winter's chill that blows towards the elysians . the man who had cared for him and raised him when he was so very very lost could not be dead , he just couldn't . " what a cruel joke to play , i see why you don't want to be allies then , " he continues , though there's less bite because subconsciously he knows he's grasping for anything that would prove that amaranthine was still alive .

" speech "

• ˚* ੈ✩‧₊ folded rusty brown ears flicked in acknowledgement at barghest's and aphrodite's answers, though the news of the coven going through a drought made his eyebrows furrow together. he'd never heard of the lake the coveners used as their main water source ever having ever dried up in the past, nor of any indication in the few meetings he'd been to about it. it was a clear indicator of just how long he'd been gone, and it planted another seed of guilt amongst the many others within him, which caused his eyebrows to push together even more. how long would it have been until news would've reached them about it? when would he have gone back only to see the drought in action, affecting the people who lived in his home group? no doubt, considering his current track record, it would've probably been another few weeks. time in which he could've been up in the islands, helping however he could've. though it wasn't the time now to think of the hypotheticals that could have happened. he knew now, and he would no doubt try to settle things with yuri and ridge so he can spend more time than he did now back in the coven to give aid.

"i-i'm... really sorry to hear that... um, we'll b-be more than happy to give you two s-some water right now then, uh, e-enough for the trip back. k-kinship?" he began, turning his downcast gaze up to look at the feline beside the three with a slightly-pleading face, "could-could you, um, go get some water for them, p-please? a-ask for some help in c-case you need s-some... t-thank you..." he knew he had all the rights and means to give well-meaning orders such as the ones he had just uttered to the sunray- he was a leader in the rift, after all, and for more than a month already. shouldn't he be used and feel alright giving them by now? why did he still feel so bad about it? kinship would understand...

aphrodite had begun to tell them the news both she and her deputy had come to tell them, and the first sentence managed to snap out of his inner worries and cause him to go completely blank mentally. they... they didn't want to be allies anymore? once again his eyebrows furrowed and his mouth shaped itself unconsciously to mimic the letter 'o,' not masking the utter surprise he felt over the announcement. eventually, the rest of it began to become merely white noise in his mind, just barely registering the coven's leader mention of his own name. he still wasn't all that well versed in politics, just barely being able to recite all the groups spanning agrelos and only half of them their alignments. he knew this and that, he knew of their own allies and neutrals, and he knew that they needed to make visits to see what their clan relationship was and update any big information is needed to. this, however? a break in an alliance, not to mention from his first home's? he wasn't prepared for it at all. "i- i- i- ... b-but why?" he voiced out the biggest question in his mind, voice high pitched in shock and most likely showcasing just how little he was educated in such matters. juvenile. one of the last things he'd want anyone to think a leader was being. "the c-coven is peaceful, y-yes, and w-we practically are as well! y-yeah, w-we're small in numbers still a-and maybe... maybe... we d-didn't visit as much 'n stuff... b-but i think w-we should still be allies! w-we're good ones, we c-can help out in a lot-lot of ways. l-like with the drought! yeah... w-we have a lot of water here- d-drinkable! w-we use the same boats to t-travel so it s-shouldn't take long to transport water in case the l-lake keeps drying up for e-everyone to drink! r-right?!" he would turn to look at both yuri and kinship with an extremely hopeful and idealistic look in his eyes, hoping that they'd catch along, think it was a good idea, and back him up in hopes of salvaging their alliance. it was sinking in ever so slowly in cookie's mind just how childish he sounded, how he practically was straight up whining whilst under the role of leader to another leader and deputy- and over some political issue that could be properly be solved by calm professional negotiations. but he didn't care. and if anyone were to ask why he cared so much... then he wouldn't be able to explain exactly why he did so much.

but then aphrodite was calling his name again, so quiet he just barely picked it up.

he assumed she heard his pathetic rambling and was prepared to give them a quick ultimatum at best. at that point, he didn't consider the possibility she would possibly scold him for being so naive and immature. he was already looking at her in the exact same way. his ears were perked up slightly and his tail wagging behind in rare open enthusiasm. yet she didn't mirror his excited look nor anything positive. she continued to speak in a hushed tone, though taking on a more sorrowful tone while at it. his lit up features and body language began to drop little by little as she continued, instead having his head tilt in confusion. he needed to know something? no doubt the drought was one of the biggest things he had to know, it was incredibly important. were there other changes that had occurred or soon will? honey brown eyes stared directly into her eyes, and a slight gasp left his mouth at the realization that she was practically ready to cry. he took a single step forward, but frozen at her next words:

'amaranthine is dead. i'm so, so sorry.'

in a mere instance, cookie's legs buckled and he tumbled to the ground, form haphazardly sprawled and head being the only thing picked up, staring straight ahead with a blank look. he didn't even feel his brother try to press against him. instead, his heart began to beat faster, his eyes watered instantly, and his paws shook gently, until his entire body followed. he couldn't speak, couldn't even think of a single coherent thing. aphy's words rang loudly in his mind like an echo that wouldn't cease. he was dead. amara was dead. his dad was dead. 아빠 was gone. again. suddenly the deeply hidden emotions and fears he had felt months ago during amara's disappearance appeared once more. the fear, the heartbreaking sorrow, the hollowness, the guilt... it all bombarded him too quickly. and he couldn't grasp onto the promise he remembered amara had given him when he had come back, during their tearful tight embrace.

that he'd never leave him or his family again.

he finally snapped. the world began to disappear from both his sight and mind, the only person still existing his brother. the only link he had left, really. faintly could he grasp at the image of his sister, pillow, and their little brother, lami. did they know? were they theret to see? did they see amara before he passed? unlike him, who hadn't even seen him in almost a month? tears flowed heavily down his cheeks from his reddened eyes, words choking him and creating pathetic noises. he couldn't even categorize the amount of pain he was feeling. was his heart beating too fast that it would eventually tear apart? it felt like it, but he knew he would still hurt more if it even happened. he wished desperately he could be like yuri, to be able to hold onto some sort of hope that their dad was still alive. that maybe, just maybe, this was all a cruel prank. but he just... couldn't. amara had saved his life and given him a much more better new one. and now, he felt like it was all ripped away. amara was practically his entire life.

"y-yuri... yuri... h-he's gone... p-p-please..." he finally cried out loudly, bleary eyesight just barely able to pick up his brother's figure next to him. "yuri..." he couldn't. he couldn't anymore.

i don't want you to cry, the universe is gonna give you many flowers

get rid of all that fear, you'll be a lot more, trust me, i understand ࿐ ˚ . ✦

cookiecrumbs adamo —— drowned empire & the sanctuary —— storage

• she had seen foreigners arrive seeking a truce or alliance of some kind with the ruins, but never had she ever witnessed two groups breaking off their ties. even then, her face remained neutral as her importance in the conversation dwindled down to nothing as she assumed the role of spectator.

she did as she was told, padding away briefly to fetch water for the leader and deputy even though she was more than capable of producing her own water. albeit the sight of red freshwater dribbling from her third eye might have been too off-putting to even dare do in public, not to mention she didn't even have anything to pour it into. the coral arrived in a timely manner, briefly nudging the water offerings to aphrodite and barghest before going back to her seat amongst her leviathans.

perhaps it was good that she was not related to the person who must had passed away. it was obvious to her that such a death was clouding their judgement. perhaps kinship should have tried harder if she was so eager to learn about other clans, but she was never officially made an ambassador therefore she wasn't exactly required to visit allies. it seemed their lack of manpower had caught up to them now that the coven decided to break them off.

the colorless ticked tabby simply shook her head at childish hope and cold rage. if either of them sought reassurance from her, there was nothing that kinship could give. at this point, even she could understand the covener's sentiments. "enough," meowed kinship, slight bitterness itching into her tone. this was not how leaders were supposed to act even though a family member had died. this is why she never dreamed to lead a group, it would only lead to these kinds of divides and now it put the group under a pathetic light. "thank you for the news, aphrodite and barghest, as unfortunate as it was. perhaps in the future, the drowned rift could prove your sentiments wrong. best to be wrong about the usefulness of the group than to be right, i suppose." at least she hoped that cookie and yuri would take this as a message to straighten out, to understand this was more of a political issue rather than a personal one.

━━☆⌒*.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

THREE-EYED SILVER TICKED TABBY — DARK DYNASTY — PENNED BY STARRY. — lovely avatar made by oshi!

his brother is crying , and yuri can barely restrain himself from doing the same . anger and grief course through him , leaving ice to frost his pelt and skim the surface of the ground they all stand upon . it has to be a joke , it has to ! amaranthine is too good , too strong , to have died now ( even though the leviathan is more than aware of the cruelness of the world ) . it's only the pleading voice of cookiecrumbs that keeps him from outright starting a war , though kinship's words make him bristle . of course she would be so cool and collected because it wasn't her family they were talking about . part of him wants to hunt down someone she loves just to see if she felt anything in that cold heart of hers , but he just blows out frost like some sort of dragon and gently lays himself next to cookiecrumbs .

he knows the grief will catch up to him , but without ridgewhiskey currently present , he feels he can't also breakdown , not yet . " c'mon , let's go , " yuri says softly , cold nose burying into his brother's fur . the tone he uses is uncharacteristically gentle , devoid of the bite it usually has . unbeknownst to him , enjolras has also passed on , diminishing the size of the only ones he could trust on this godless earth . viridian eyes trail sharply back to aphrodite and barghest , cold in their defensiveness yet deep with sorrow . " we'll talk some other time . " it's not a malicious statement , but it's detached and tinged with an air of finality . he may be an emotionally charged child , but kinship's words brought back the small nugget of logic he held . politics really wasn't something to discuss over grief .

" speech "

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Aphrodite had a feeling the news wouldn't be taken lightly. It was a hard decision that she'd come to, and she wasn't necessarily looking forward to it. She flinches at Yuri's words, a frown on her face. It isn't a game. It isn't a joke, she wants to say, but she keeps herself silent. "Maybe in the future, the Coven and Rift can rekindle their relationship." She says with a curt nod of her head. She didn't want to stay any longer and watch Cookiecrumbs fall apart. He was so sweet, he always had been such a sweet and kind face since the first day she'd met him. It hurt to watch him in pain.

She carefully takes the water for her, taking sips before she decides it's best that they leave. "I hope so." Aphrodite says quietly to Kinship, nodding her head. Her mind was made up. And though the politics were nothing compared to the death of Ama, she wouldn't feel right walking away without telling them. It was their right to know that their father had passed.

"I'm sorry." She says again, wiping her face. Turning to Barghest, the girl nudges her deputy. "Let's go, Barg." She meows to him, beginning to walk away from the Rift.

Kady x Gabriel | tags