LEAD ROLE IN A TRAGEDY //wavepool// PRETENDING THAT IT'S ART

• +— The Sinner +++ SIR PENTIOUS +++ The Inventor —+

Even in his darkest moments he still found comfort within the embrace of Wavepool, though he wished he didn't bring such strife to her door. Maybe if he never left their room again he wouldn't find himself haplessly stumbling into trouble, then he wouldn't end up bringing such horrors into their life. Since losing Angelbeats it did feel as if his life had been nothing but downhill, and it was beginning to feel so alone and small. Wavepool and his kids were about all he had left, and he was naturally terrified of losing them. Though perhaps he should be more concerned about his own sanity since it was rather clear that he was not doing well by any means. A lifetime of hiding and subduing his thoughts and feelings had left him unprepared to truly address them.

He gave himself a moment of silence as he savoured her gentle touches as it gave him some emotional grounding, and once he began to settle down he pulled his head back out from under her so he could aim to lick her cheek before nuzzling into the side of her neck. Though he remained visibly tense despite his attempts to shower her in affections.

"What should I do?"

At this stage he wasn't even sure if he trusted himself to make a decision in regards to his eggs. Not when he felt that temptation to snuff them out before they could even develop. Never in all his years had he thought that he would wind up in a situation like this. He knew that they were innocent, they never asked to be the result of a stupid mistake. What would the father think of this? Should he inform his client at all? It wasn't exactly something that he could hide if Silas was serious about wanting to have him again. "Penny, you great stupid idiot."

YOU THINK YOU GOT THE BEST OF ME

Sir Pentious "Penny" Hazbin - Tags - Family Guide - Cartel

YOU DON'T KNOW ME, BECAUSE YOU'RE DEAD WRONG

• Something was going to have to be done about this, about Penny's state of mind, and if Maruki were still here, she would have felt much more comfortable entrusting something like this to his capable paws. Just being an outlet for him, someone who he could talk to about his feelings instead of repressing them like he usually did, it had been enough for her, but clearly she still wasn't doing enough for him. This threat of exile from Asimov couldn't have come at a worse time either, if her mate was already dealing with something like this, he had to be under immense amounts of stress right now, and it really did show. At least the threat of a panic attack seemed to be fading though, but the fact that he had even been close to having one was a bad sign.

Leaning into the basilisk as he nuzzled up against her himself, the tabby give a soft hum to show that she had heard his words, paw still gliding soothingly over his scales as she took a moment to ponder the question she had been given. "Well..." she began, taking another brief moment to finishing getting her thoughts in order, and to give the basilisk a loving nuzzle back before she began. "I don't think we should smash them, for one, but...if that's really what you want, then there are other ways to go about this, I...I don't agree with abortion, but...if that's your choice, then I'll be there to support you, I won't think any less of you for it." It was never a thought that she liked, consigning the unborn to death like that, before they even had a chance at life, but if he really, really wanted that...she'd stand by him. "But, I think we both know you're not going to do that, those fantasies are just that, fantasies, I don't think you'd ever smash those eggs like that. Just because one of their parents is a Ruiner, it doesn't mean they will be too, we'll be raising them after all Penny, I'm sure they'll turn out great. I'd like to hear about him though, this Ruiner...ah, as well as any feelings you have on this yourself...speaking of, how are you doing right now Penny? I'd imagine this entire situation is pretty stressful for you..."

(c)trexgirl

RUNNING DOWN TO THE RIPTIDES

Wavepool D.S.V. - 76 months - The Cartel - Capo - Tags

Played by Machiro

Fantasies. Just dark fantasies. He liked to hope that Wavepool was right about that, and in truth he felt like it was right deep down in his heart. Harming children just wasn't something that he could do; whether they're not born, yet to hatch, or still young and running around. Even if it were the children of an enemy he just couldn't do it. He didn't touch the offspring of prey either for that matter. He had had young fawns tripping over his body out in the wilderness once and he had left them alone. It wasn't like he had been taught such a behaviour either, it wasn't learned. It was just him. The only time he had eaten young was when he had been but a youth himself and he had killed a couple of his siblings during the early territory wars. Though he guessed that was part of their feral behaviours, yet another topic area that needed addressing at some point.

"Thank you, Wave."

Penny had a little stretch as he unfurled his body to it's full length, or as far as the room allowed anyway, before he curled up around her again. Being able to talk was helping but he knew there was still so much to confront and work through, though with his waning mental strength he didn't fancy trying to filter through it all.

"Thisss Ruiner... Silvanusss, he'sss not like the other Ruinersss. None of that cultist vibe. I get the feeling he doesn't believe in the Red God, and he seemed very businessss like. If he hadn't been a Ruiner it would have been easy to mistake him asss being a Cartelian. He paid very well too. He'sss close to your age I think, and he'sss a shapeshifter. He... he didn't reek of blood and decay like the other Ruinersss... if that makesss any sense. I don't think he really belongsss with them."

Things might have been simpler if the client hadn't turned into a basilisk, but it was done now. The only real upside to the offspring was it benefiting the basilisk species in terms of numbers.

"I probably wouldn't have thought or felt much about the whole thing if I hadn't fallen pregnant. But now it feelsss complicated and messy... and, I guessss I'm beginning to understand what it wasss like for Angel and Carmenere. To have children with someone who you don't love... the confusion and fear... I think I get it now. So... yesss, I am stressed. I am scared. But lessss scared when I'm close to you, I feel like I can breathe when I'm with you."

• Penny, he was far too kind to ever really act on thoughts like these, she knew that he'd never go through with this. Of course, these were going to be his children as well, his own young, and Wavepool had serious doubts that he could ever bring himself to harm them, let alone outright kill them. No, these were just thoughts, just fleeting, darker desires that came and went, the kind that anyone could get from time to time, and while it was a little shocking to hear it from him, it wasn't all too unthinkable that he would have these with how the children had been conceived in the first place, with the involvement of the Ruins. Having children with an enemy...well, it may not have brought her to the same low he was at right now, but it would be a near thing.

"Oh, that's good then, he doesn't sound that bad!" she chimed in, though really just not being a cultist or believing in the Red God didn't exactly make him a good person either. Not having the stench of death and decay on him was also a plus, it meant he wasn't as stained with murder as the rest of them, hopefully Penny was right and he really wasn't as bad as the rest of the Ruins. "Well, here's hoping that he really is better then them, I for one trust in your judgement." If he wasn't, then it wasn't like he was going to have anything to do with the kids anyways, they would probably be raised by herself and the basilisk coiled around her. "I'll always be here if you need me, so, if you're feeling a little 'out of breath', then you know where to find me, I'll always make time for you." the tabby assured, letting herself sink back against one of the walls of scale surrounding her, feeling her stress leaving her bit by bit as she let out a quiet sigh. "Close to my age though...he's pretty old then...hmm, Angel having kits with someone she didn't love though, that's...that's the first time I've heard about that..."

(c)trexgirl

Played by Machiro

Bit by bit the basilisk settled down further and he could feel the weight of his own weariness pulling at his body. Whenever he got stressed or upset it usually left him feeling emotionally drained and desperate to sleep. It tended to serve as a reset and gave him the energy to get up in the morning. Already he was looking forward to it, especially if it meant waking to a renewed dawn where he was less upset about the eggs growing within him. Soon they would be out, hatched, and living their lives. Alive. Penny gave a nod of his head before tensing a little as Wavepool shared that he had not known about Angelbeats or the litter in question. He gave a nervous swallow as he recalled that horrid day.

"Lunarwing and Battleroyal. An Exiler made her pregnant, and they were the ressssult. It wasss from when the Exilesss had taken over the Cartel."

Penny really did not enjoy thinking about it and he sorely wished that he could have stopped it. If only he had been stronger... he could have protected everyone in the Cartel and fended off the invaders, which would have spared them from all the pain and hardship that had befallen their home.

"One of these daysss I will have to tell you more about her, but not tonight. I am tired."

Already he coiled in tighter whilst nestling his head in at Wave's side as he settled in to sleep, not even caring to move to the bed. He was too weary and feeling too heavy with eggs to be bothered with the short trek across the way. It was a matter of minutes before his breathing settled into a steady rhythm and all the tension in his body released and made his sides sag as he seemed to deflate.

--

//switching to human au for this bit.

Things had been hairy for a bit, but then things seemed to mellow out again as tensions seemed to diminish within the business. Falsely so, but right now he'd take it. In fact it had mellowed enough that Penny felt bold enough to propose a night to themselves. Further along the coast from the mansion he had become aware of a festival being hosted at a pier in a small boating town. With feverish excitement he fingered over the flyer once more as he imagined being there with Waverly hanging on his arm as they enjoyed all that the celebration had to offer. The flyer spoke of fairground games and stalls, restaurants selling exquisite meals with fresh caught seafood from local fishermen, and the town hall hosting live music and dancing. It sounded perfect. Not only that but rumours said that the beach was a true marvel, and who didn't love a late night walk on the moon bathed sands whilst silver waves whispered sweet melodies in their ears?

"Babysitter's here! Time for us to sneak off!"

He called out as he stood at the bottom of the stairs with the car keys in one hand and his coat draped over his over arm. He was dressed in his finest suit, the one with the gold lacework running over dark blue-grey silk. He was even wearing his male corset to help tighten up his figure into a smoother shape. He really wanted to impress on this particular date night, though with the kids they had they really didn't get to taste freedom often, so naturally this had to be savoured. Fortunately they had a hotel for the evening too so there was no rush to scramble back until the following day.

• There it was, that usual exhaustion that came after all this stress and worry, it was all too easy for her to see the signs as he slowly settled closer to the floor. He always did get tired after moments like these, moments that had come far too often for her liking in recent weeks, but at least he always looked better the next morning. It was hard sometimes, to tell whether he really, truly did feel better, or had simply recovered enough to put up a convincing facade, but she hoped, she really, wholly hoped that he did. He didn't deserve to feel this way, he deserved so much better, to be happy and content, not stressed and upset, and she was going to help him however she could, to make his life as wonderful as possible. "I'd love to here more about her, whenever you feel ready to talk." Was the response she gave, shifting just enough to leave herself laying pressed up against his side, head nestling up against him, using him as a makeshift pillow. It didn't take long to drift off, listening to his breathing slowly settle down, the occasional rise and fall of his sides, and soon she was off to sleep herself, curled in his embrace.

"It's not really sneaking if you announce it like that now is it?" Waverly called back in reply, taking one last moment to check through her purse before she got moving. Being all dressed up like this, it felt a little strange like always, she wasn't usually much of one for breaking out the fancy dresses and makeup, but when she had seen Penny pulling out that suit of his, she just didn't want to look under-dressed next to him. What she wore was still fairly simple though, just a blue on white, floral patterned halter top, with a long, blue, satin dress flowing from her waist down. Her makeup wasn't anything fancy either, some foundation, a bit of blush, black eyeliner, and some red lip-gloss, simple, but, in her opinion, nice. At least it made her look a little younger, like her hair had been dyed silver, instead of it being, you know....entirely natural. It was nice, she looked...er, well, ok? Not as incredible as any model she had seen or anything, oh, but it was good, she definitely looked good!

Stepping out of the bathroom, and eventually, the master bedroom entirely, she took a step around the corner, and smiled down the stairs to her love when she saw him there. "Wow...you look great Penny..." she breathed out, making sure to take her time with the stairs on the way down, heels and all, she wasn't really big on heels, but at least it added to her height a bit, made her just a little less short. Oh, she was so ready for tonight, it would be their first night out in a while, and while she was always just a little worried, leaving the kids behind for this, they'd have a babysitter, everything would be just fine. Tonight, it was just going to be her, and Penny, out there, enjoying their time together, having the time of their life, and she was looking forward to every minute of it. So, she smiled up at him, a sweet, charming little smile, full of love and adoration for the man before her, and said, "Ready when you are, Penny..."

(c)trexgirl

Played by Machiro

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wavepool ().

"I doubt the kids will hear, not when they're likely listening to their Spotty-fee and the You Tubber thing through headphones."

Considering how quiet the house had been whilst they had been getting ready he very much suspected that was the case. Whatever happened to the days of kids running rampant with sticks for swords and pretending that the floor was lava? Now they just seemed to be glued to their devices. It might provide the occasional moments of peace but it still felt weird to him. It didn't feel like a proper childhood. Well, that wasn't a problem he wished to address today, not when he had much better things to focus on.

Speaking of which, his mouth fell open as he beheld the sight of Waverly as she appeared at the top of the stairs. During that moment he honestly felt young again, as if taking a young lass out to the dance for the first time. He really didn't need a glammed up partner who went all out, he always did find that simple was better. Besides, Waverly would always be perfect in his eyes, just like how she was now. Patiently he waited for her to finish coming down the steps with his eyes never leaving her as he visually fawned over her. If they didn't have places to be then he might have been tempted to scoop her up into his arms so he could return them to the bedroom. But he would behave.

Transferring the car keys to his other hand he then reached out to caress his lover's cheek whilst aiming to press a tender kiss to the top of her head. Fortunately he was still just tall enough to abuse his heightened position, plus he didn't want to risk smudging her make-up. Not yet anyway.

"You look marvellous, my dearest. A true Bell of the ball."

He cooed as he straightened himself up and took his place at her side so he could attempt to interlock their arms with the hopes of guiding her out to the car. Considering it was a special evening he had prepared the dark green Jaguar XJ 4.2 Sovereign for the date, something he only rarely took out from the garage. Like a true gentleman he would of course walk her round to the passenger side where he would open the door for her and help her inside before closing it again. Removing his top hat, he then moved to slip into the driving seat whilst tossing his hat into the backseat along with his coat. Fortunately their small suitcase was already in the boot of the vehicle.

Starting up the car he then looked over at the perfect woman seated next to him and he pulled a radiant smile as his fingers flexed upon the steering wheel.

"I love you."

He could utter those three simple words over and over and he would never grow tired of them, not for as long as they stayed true. And with that he started on the drive that took them away from the Cartel's estate and sent them up along the coast. The scenery of the coastal cliffs certainly made for an excellent view, not that Penny could truly take in their full majesty considering that he had to keep his eyes on the road, but he hoped that Waverly would at least get to enjoy them. Eventually the lights of the town came into view and already he could see the festive lights adorning the pier. Fortunately the hotel wasn't far from the action, and since he would likely be drinking he decided to park the car up in the hotel carpark.

"We might as well check in and drop off the bags before we head into the heart of the party."

• "....you mean Spotify and Youtube dear?" Honestly, she had tried, she had really tried to get into the whole internet thing with her kids, but a lot of what they were interested in just didn't really click with her. The music was nice, or at least some of it was, some of the newer stuff just wasn't all that great in her opinion, and the videos, don't get her started on those. It was just such a weird concept, watching someone else play a game, or some of those weird "meme" videos, though she did like some of the ones with people doing cool stunts, or science experiments, those were pretty cool, and in the latters case, educational as well. The language too, the amount of swearing she had heard coming from some of those videos, was it really just that common to swear nowadays? She really did her best, to keep everyone away from that kind of language, but, well, it just seemed...impossible, some times. They really did need to plan a nice day out, to get the kids out and into the world, instead of glued to screens like that, even if it did make things a little easier on them everyone once in a while

She could practically feel his gaze on her, as she stood before him, still smiling sweetly up at him, it was a look that she knew well, though a good bit more intense then usual. A hand reached out to caress her cheek, her love leaning over to place a kiss on top of her head as well, and a faint blush came to her cheeks from the action. Oh she would have loved to take it a bit farther then that, to give him a kiss, while he was still far down enough that shit didn't have to stand on the tips of her toes to do it, but her it had taken a while to her makeup done, and she was sure that by the end of the night she would have her fill of kisses. Arm in arm, they left the house together, and as they did she was a little surprised to see what their ride for the night would be, a car she had rarely, if ever, seen Penny actually take out anywhere. Today was a special day though, and if there was any time to bring this car out, it was definitely today.

Getting into the car was a little difficult in a dress, but luckily Waverly had a little bit of help with that from the sweetest man in the world. Everything was ready, suitcase stored in the back, kids taken care of for the night, it was time for them to get going, and he did exactly that, started up the car, and then, turned to look her over, and say those three words she would always cherish. "I love you too Penny." More then anything else in the world, save for their kids, and she would never get tired of saying it, or hearing those words returned to her. The scenery on the drive was beautiful as always, the view of the coast so perfect from the road, especially this high up on those cliffs. She had always loved the ocean, spent most of her life living by its side, and a view like this, it was one of the few other things that she would never tire of.

From the looks of things as they arrived in town, the festival was already in full swing, and she couldn't wait to get down there and see exactly what it had to offer. She could see the lights, and hear the faint sounds of partying from the distance as they pulled up to the hotel they'd be staying at, her eyes focused on the not-so-distant lights out the window, until Penny brought her attention back to the hotel before them. "Oh, right, probably a good idea to get that out of the way sooner rather then later..." Or, more importantly, before they both got swept away in the festivites and probably forgot about it. Gently stepping out of the vehicle and closing the door behind her, she waited for Penny to make his way out himself, as well as probably grab the suitcase from the trunk himself.

(c)trexgirl

Played by Machiro

Penny hopped out of the driving seat once he was parked up and he proceeded to open the back down so he could retrieve his coat and hat before heading round to the boot to grab the suitcase. Rather rapidly it was becoming a bit of a juggling ordeal as he tried to balance out the various items in his hold. Eventually he managed to dump his car keys into his hat whilst holding it in his hand, he draped the coat over his arm, and then held the suitcase in his other hand. It was ideal enough but it also prevented him from walking arm-in-arm with his dearest. Even worse when he reached the entrance to the hotel and found himself without a hand to spare to the duty of opening the door.

Embarrassment tickled his cheeks red and he had to cast a sheepish glance towards Waverly as he waited for her assistance with heading inside.

"I hate to be a bother my love but could you..."

He ended his sentence with a nervous cough and he patiently waited to be helped inside. As he stepped into the foyer he then strode up to the reception desk and set the suitcase down by his feet so he could retrieve his mobile phone from his pocket. As poor as his knowledge of apps and websites were he did seem to be adept enough to know how to deal with online bookings. It didn't take him long to finish signing them in and getting two keys, one each. He dropped the two sets into his hat before he bent down to pick up the suitcase again.

"Looks like we're up on floor five, room two. The receptionist said that there's an elevator just through that set of doors to the left. Thank goodness! I don't fancy running up several flights of stairs."

The mansion was honestly bad enough at times, even if it helped to keep him fit. Offering a gentle smile he then led the way through with the hopes of getting everything dropped off so that they could get to the festival.

• Ah, r-right, his hat and coat, she had forgotten that he had those too, er, maybe it would be best if she took care of the suitcase? As soon as she opened her mouth to mention it though, Penny seemed to final find a solution, coat draped over an arm, hat in one hand and suitcase in the other. Then came the issue of the door, which, with both of his hands occupied, he couldn't really open on his own, but by the time he had finished his sentence, she was already at the door, pulling it open for him. "You're never a bother Penny, it's fine, just a door." He was already carrying everything anyways, the least she could do was open the door and let him through, and, they both did in short order, heading straight to the reception desk.

At the mention of their room being all the way up on the fifth floor, Waverly found herself paling a bit at the thought of having to run up a few flights of stairs, and the relief on her face when the elevator was mentioned was clear to see. "Oh, thank goodness, that would have been a bad way to start the night." If it was just the first or second floor, it wouldn't have been too much of a problem, but the fifth floor, if she had to go up those stairs, then all the way back down them, she might have had to take a break for a while afterwards. They had a full night ahead of them, walking through the fairgrounds, maybe taking a stroll on the beach, it wouldn't do if she just tired herself out before the night could even fully begin.

"Um, I know we don't have much further to go to get to our room, but...are you sure you don't want me to carry something for you? Like the suitcase, or your hat?" she asked, feeling just a little guilty that she had gone and left him to carry everything like this. It probably wasn't difficult at all to carry those around, the suitcase wasn't all that heavy, but it was more the principal of it that mattered to her, not having to make him set down and pickup the suitcase to get things done...like pressing the buttons on the elevator they were stood in front of right now

(c)trexgirl

Played by Machiro

"Indeed! Now if only the mansion could get an elevator too to make life simpler. Or a chair lift, as the kids keep cheekily suggesting."

Penny knew that he was getting older but he wasn't that old yet! Though in a few months he would be facing the big 5 0, which he honestly wasn't looking forward to and he was already planned on hiding himself away somewhere and not pandering to the needs of the others to throw parties. Maybe another trip up the coast would be in order. Yes, that sounded like a plan. Other fears on his mind included other horrors of ageing, such as failing sight and hearing, or the possibility of him going through the menopause. He was a true hermaphrodite but he wasn't sure how his body would act over time.

When given the choice of giving Waverly something to carry he was at first rather reluctant, but he did recognise that he wasn't managing. With a defeated sigh he then held his hat out in offering. It was the lighter of the two options and it would also grant her control over the various keys now set inside the top hat.

"Thank you."

He whispered before hearing the tell-tale ping of the elevator arriving to take them up.

Once inside the elevator he was at last free to press the button that would take them up to their floor. The travel up didn't take long and as the doors opened he was surprised to see the décor of the hallway was quite retro, or rather something that resembled the fashion of his youth. A small chuckle escaped him as he stepped out of the elevator so he could examine the orange and brown floral wallpaper a little more closely.

"God, the home I grew up in had this exact wallpaper in the living room. That brings back memories."

He could already remember being sat on the itchy couch that the family owned eating his marmalade sandwich whilst being surrounded by such wallpaper and the stench of cigarette smoke. Everyone in his family had been a smoker, so it had been unsurprising that the habit had been passed onto him.

Heading up the hallway he soon reached the room door and it was there that he patiently waited for Waverly to come over with the keys so it could be unlocked.

• Oh, an elevator, now that wouldn't be a half bad idea, not at all! Even a fairly simple one would do wonders for those who had issues with climbing the stairs due to various disabilities, or...well, she was tempted to suggest an escalator for a moment too, but she didn't really like the idea of the kids playing with one, those things could cause a lot of damage when misused. "A chair lift...that's not that bad of a suggestion, a little on the slow side though..." mumbled the woman, mostly to herself, never quite realizing that it had been more of a poke from the kids at Penny's age then an actual suggestion. Well, nothing against chair lifts, but again, they were just far too slow for her, and an elevator would make it so much easier to get things down from the second floor without having to carefully maneuver them down the stairs.

The moment a hand was held out to her, hat in tow, Waverly gently took it from those hands, a touch of amusement showing through at the defeated sigh her love had given. There, now both of them could carry something, even if she had still been left with the easier of the two options, really though, he didn't have to be so dramatic, it wasn't like the hat he had handed her weighed much at all, and this made things easier on him too. "It's not a problem at all dear, didn't want to just leave you struggling there." she replied as the elevator finally reached the ground floor, doors opening with a soft 'ding' and allowing them both inside, and, with the press of a button, they were off, up to the fifth floor.

It didn't take all too long thankfully, just a short little ride up to the top, it felt much faster then a majority of elevators she had been on before, but then again, that might just be because of the company she had for this one. Stepping out of the elevator herself, she began to make her way over towards the room, ready to reach into the hat held in her hand for the keys, when she was stopped as her love stopped himself to take a look at some of the decor. "Now that you mention it....I think Tino might have had this same wallpaper in his bedroom...er, or maybe it was my grandmother?" It did seem familiar, that was for sure, but she couldn't quite place just where she had seen wallpaper like this before. Maybe it was just a thing with old wallpapers though, a lot of them did look a lot a like. "Still, not bad at all, I always did like the old floral designs like this."

Finally heading further down the hallway, they arrived at the room they would be staying in for the night, and Waverly was quick to step in front of Penny to get the door open, not wanting to leave him carrying that suitcase for any longer then necessary, even if it probably wasn't all that heavy. Lock turning with a click, she twisted the handle, pulled the door open, and stepped to the side, holding the door open for her dearest to go through first. "After you, honey."

(c)trexgirl

Played by Machiro

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wavepool ().

"It has a charm about it, yes. I wonder if this is the original wallpaper or a reproduction?"

Penny was genuinely curious, though he did manage to keep his focus away from it in the end. He wasn't going to spend the entire date gawking at the walls, he wasn't quite that old and pitiful yet. He stepped past Waverly as she held the door open for him and he aimed to give her a peck on the cheek as he went by. A soft chuckle slipped from him as he stepped into the room. It was decently sized and what one would expect from a honeymoon suite. It might not be their actual honeymoon but that hadn't stopped him from expending the extra cash on getting the comforts, which included the complimentary bottle of wine.

At last he was free from lugging the suitcase around as he set it down on the bed along with his coat (which he suspected that he wouldn't really be needing since the weather was nice and it was warm). He decided that he would leave the unpacking until later, it wasn't like they were in a rush or even had much with them. Just a change of clothes and toiletries. However, something soon caught his attention and it drew him towards the sliding glass door that led to the rather small balcony. He didn't bother opening it but he did admire the view that their room had over the coastal town. With evening approaching the lights were already beginning to come to life and it lit up the streets beautifully.

"Breath-taking. Wave, come have a look."

He stepped away from the glass so she could come over to see if she wished, and if she did he intended to use that moment of distraction to retrieve a few things from the front pouch on the suitcase. Quickly he stuffed them into his trouser pockets before he straightened up and smiled innocently. "I'm going to do it. I'm going to propose to her." It had been a long time coming and he had intended on doing this earlier, but of course they had run into their pregnancies which had taken their time, money, and attention.

"We can hit the town whenever you want."

• Trailing into the room behind him, still feeling a touch of warmth on her cheek from where he had placed a swift peck on his way into the room, Waverly made her way over to the bed herself, setting Penny's hat atop it, next to his coat. Taking one of the keys for herself, she moved to place it in the pockets of...ah, right, she was wearing a dress, she didn't...didn't have any pockets. In all of her infinite wisdom, she had forgotten to bring a purse as well, mostly because she barely ever needed to bring that old thing anywhere anyways. "I, ah...I'm not sure where to..." she mumbled, shooting her man a sheepish look as she gently set her set of keys inside of his hat with the other pair, but they probably didn't need a second pair anyways.

The room was nice, much nicer then she had been expecting it to be, in fact it was more of an outright suite then just a room. She had been expecting a single room, a nice one surely, but not a full suite like this, they were only staying one night after all, what need had they for such a nice room? In the end, she supposed she could concede that this was a special day, the first day they had been out together like this in a long while, so a bit of special treatment was warranted. Hearing the call from across the room, she turned from her inspection of the amenities and caught sight of just what it was that she was being called to see, a balcony, with an incredible view of the town no doubt. Stepping up to the glass in the vacant spot that had been left for her, she spent a long moment staring out at the town, the lights just beginning to come on for the night, the sky changing closer to a burnt orange as sunset approached, he was absolutely right, it was a stunning view.

Left staring out at the view, awe-struck, she had almost missed Penny's words, transfixed as she was, attention suddenly snapping from the view back to him halfway through his sentence. "Mmm? Oh, r-right! Well, I'm ready to go ahead and get the night started if you are!" Walking back across the room to where her dearest was waiting for her, her expression turned contemplative for a moment, then quickly shifted into a tender smile as she placed herself directly in front of him. "But first...thank you for this, Penny..." her voice intoned oh so sweetly, arms reaching up in an attempt to drape across her shoulders, pulling down on him softly to try and bring him closer to her level so that she could plant a kiss on his lips.

(c)trexgirl

Played by Machiro

Ah, of course, the pains of female clothing and the severe lack of storage capacity they offered. After trying to purchase clothes for his 'Elizabeth' persona he had come to recognise the turmoil that the fairer sex faced. None of the sizes matched across the ranges, shallow pockets that could barely fit a £1 coin, or no pockets at all. Then of course the jacked up prices of handbags. Good lord, it was a nightmare! He was going to suggest sticking the spare set of keys on her bra but he ultimately kept his mouth shut out of fear of getting a flick across the back of the ear.

The distraction seemed to work a treat and the transfer of items to his pockets had seemingly gone unnoticed. Before it could slip his mind however he ensured to fish out one of the sets of keys from his top hat so it could be added to the growing collection of things in his pockets. It was important that he had a set anyway considering that his love was unable to take one herself. After ensuring that he had his wallet too he then returned his focus to his love. As he was coaxed down for a kiss he willingly moved with her command until at last their lips met. Gently he rubbed at her upper arms and shoulders as he let it last, savouring every second until they eventually parted. He stood up straight again and let out a breathless sigh.

"You're very welcome, my love. Seeing you smile makes this worth my while."

He cooed lovingly as he aimed to caress her cheek before moving towards the door and opening it, where he proceeded to hold it open for her. His hands were free so there was nothing to stop him from reprising his role as the perfect gentleman.

"I propose that we have a wander around the festival to see what is on offer first, then from there we can decide what we want to do next."

• It was the tender moments like these that she really loved the most, the hugs and kisses, all those beautiful, loving moments they spent together, though, that didn't at all mean that she didn't love each and every moment they spent together in a different way. It was a good kiss, only a few seconds long, stood there with her arms draped around his shoulders, but they did have places to be tonight, and, eventually, the kiss did come to an end as they both pulled away from each other. "Then I'll do my best to make sure this trip was worth every bit you spent on it." she remarked as her smile grew brighter, closing her eyes for a moment to savor his hand on her cheek, eyes opening to look back up at him as he moved over towards the door and...oh, oh right. She had forgotten, lip gloss, she had lip gloss on right now, and there was just a bit of it left on him, not enough to be noticeable from a distance, but...

"Right, that sounds like a plan to me, better then just wandering around, though that really doesn't sound so bad. Um, before we go out dear, er...you've ah, got a little something...uh, l-lip gloss, a bit of mine..." she informed him, gesturing with a finger to her own lips, glancing to the side sheepishly as she internally chastised herself for that little blunder. Once that was over and dealt with, Waverly stepped through the door and back into the hallway, offering a soft "Thank you" to the her lovely gentleman for holding it open for her, moving straight for the elevator, glad to see that the doors opened the moment she pressed the button, so there'd be no wait this time. Giving Penny a moment to finish crossing the hall after locking their room behind them, she finally stepped into the elevator, and pressed the button that would bring them down to the ground floor, ready to get started on their night

(c)trexgirl

Played by Machiro

Penny's brows shot up in surprise as he was made aware of his facial addition. Oh right, of course! Using the edge of his thumb he worked to clear away the lingering presence of the lip gloss, though it did end up smearing it about more than anything which gave his lips an elegant sheen. As he realised that wasn't coming off he simply accepted it and worked to even it out instead. If anything he found the predicament amusing and it helped to remind him who he belonged to. She was his Queen and he would do anything for her.

He was swift to lock up and he raced to the elevator to join her for the trip down to the lobby. During the ride down he had a grin on his face and he had a youthful giddiness about him that reminded him of being young and in love again. He might only be a short few months away from turning fifty but he certainly didn't feel that way. For as long as he had a reason to he would always feel young. As the elevator doors slid open he let that grin truly explode as he aimed to reach for Waverly's hand so he could guide her out with a spring in his step.

Leaving the hotel behind them he turned his focus to that of the streets as they led down to the town's infamous pier. The sound of the festival greeted his ears along with the aromas of seafood cooking. Then there were the sights of the rides, the stalls, and the lights.

"Goodness! Look at this, it's stunning!"

There was no shortage of things to admire and it was everything he had hoped for. But with it came some trials as well, such as trying to figure out the best place to propose later in the evening. He caught sight of the ferris wheel which seemed like a good choice, but there was also the beach itself. "So many choices..."