split apart the ocean in a single heated motion / arya

An announcement concerning sensitive clan-wide plots has been released! You can view it HERE!
Check out Ivoria in Agrelos! They are an evil backboard group situated on the waterway. Successful completion of a trial is required in order to join. We have a great OOC community and would love to have you!
  • ulla jorda

Ulla knew she was being unfair to her clanmates. She had been losing her temper with them more frequently for things that weren't their fault and she tried not to, but she couldn't help it. When she had been in Orneborg, she had to suppress nearly everything about herself because if she didn't the Lord would either send her away or kill her. It had been that simple and also that terrible. Looking back, she wasn't sure why she had fought so hard to stay in a place that had so clearly hated her. They didn't appreciate the help she offered them in the forest, they didn't appreciate the fact her family had been running the town for nearly her father's entire life, and they certainly didn't appreciate that she constantly used magic (unknown to them) to make sure they were safe from the horrors that waited for them. Orneborg had always had a strange amount of spiritual energy that Andreas and his family had been content to ignore - a luxury they had only been able to afford because of the work Ulla did. Here, though, things were different. Or they had been. She learned first that she didn't have to hide her powers - that there was no one waiting around the corner to snatch her away for practicing what she was born with. Then she had learned that sometimes she could speak her mind at meetings, especially to Calina and Riptide, and her words would be appreciated. She had even started to feel like maybe she had a right to be listened to, which was interesting and new and somewhat frustrating in it's own right. But she knew that there were times when she took all of that too far. When her freedom started to hurt others, she knew it wasn't good to just shout and berate them, but sometimes that was what she wanted to do.

Rather than taking her anger out on literally everyone around her, though, for once she had decided to do something good with that anger. At least, good for everyone else. Sometimes she had a tendency to partake in some self destructive behaviors when upset. While for most creatures this meant drinking excessively or jumping between several romantic partners, for Ulla that usually meant taking an odd interest in powerful spirits and trying to track them down when they, in no way, wanted to speak with her. It was what she had done when she'd gotten herself captured in the Ruins. With Kiyoshi injured, though, she knew it was no time to go running off to the Exiles to try to pick a fight with an entire clan or to run off to the mountains to seek out some strange spirit. It was time for her to be home with her family and learn how to process her emotions in ways that would actually help them. So, Ulla had gone out of her way to collect some glass and then went far out into the woods, far enough away from camp that she wouldn't attract any attention. Then she started grabbing the glass and throwing it at the nearby trees with as much force as she could. With each throw, she would yell about something that made her angry. "I hate the Exiles!" A plate shattered against the tree. "I hate that they raided us and I hate that they took Kiyoshi's eye!" Angry tears started to burn at her eyes and she hated them. She didn't like to cry when she was angry. She wanted to be terrifying when she was angry, not a sobbing mess. "I hate that I don't know where Witch is!" Had he left her? Why would he leave without saying anything? There was a part of her that accepted he must be gone. It would be two months soon enough, almost right after they had started dating. Was it something she said? Something she did? She wasn't even sure that she was angry at him, she just didn't want him to be gone.

arya.

WAS IT YOU 'MID THE FIRE AND THE EMBER?

THE WITCH OF THE WOOD

SHE/HER SHADOW VEIL MIDNIGHTBRINGER TAGS PENNED BY PEGGY

The post was edited 2 times, last by ulla jorda ().

• Arya was tired. Her life was an endless uphill climb, it seemed, and responsibilities kept being stacked on to a growing list of offenses. The world was bleak and cruel, casting her out of her home and into a period of rebirth. Adjusting to the changes of a proclan were proving difficult - she wasn't like some Ruiners who claimed they had urges to fulfill, but she definitely had grudges and plots for revenge that she was intent on fulfilling, no matter the cost. Every group in Agrelos could banish her, but as soon as she was provided with the peace and clarity that vengeance briefly provided for her in the past, she would be happy. Or maybe not - she'd learned after the death of Nadine that sometimes, vengeance didn't work. But it was worth a shot - what else did she have to live for, really?

they were alike in so many ways. Ulla, living out her life in the kingdom pressured by the people and forced to never reveal her true feelings. Arya, living her life out in the Ruins, a group stuck in the past that resisted the change of today, surrounded by people who claimed to adore her yet... never did in the first place. They each had the burden of family names and high powered lineage thrust upon them, wobbling under the weight and pressures of the lives that had been cast on them. Arya spent her whole life giving to the Ruins, only to be exiled, scorned and forgotten by most at the drop of a dime - just like the deer that had once been captured by her clanmates. They each endangered themselves when they were feeling emotional, perhaps a coping mechanism to numb the emotional pain they endured - because resistance provided a rush of adrenaline, and staring in the eyes of death made them feel noticed. It was all Arya needed in her time of anger; to feel in power, if only for a few fleeting seconds.

She had set off towards a place familiar to her heart, only because she intended to update her daughter on the news of her move. Or maybe she would visit Bloodpoppy - she truthfully hadn't decided yet, maybe she was doing neither. Maybe she was having an afternoon for herself, because Red God knew she needed it after the shit-storm that was the past week. She comes to sit by the Shadow Veil border, but then she hears screaming, The shattering of glass. Inquisitive ears swivel forward, eyebrows drawing together in confusion more than worry - Arya wouldn't be caught dead worrying about anyone but her little sisters and her children. Maybe that would change one day, but that day was not today.

Obsidian paws step over the border, scent manipulation consciously weaving it's way through the air, muting the faint scent of the Harrow Desert but moreso the overpowering scent of the jungle. She looks over her shoulder, hesitating a moment, before padding through the dark forest, blending into the shadows until she came to stand a few lengths from Ulla, red eyes blinking without something close to surprise. How odd. She listened in, simply standing and watching as the other woman raved and ranted, jumping out of the way as a shard of glass whizzed by her burned leg. I hate that I don't know where Witch is!

A cold chill runs down her spine, ears swiveling back and eyes widening. She swears she's heard those words before - in different tones, a different voice, coming from her own mouth. For a moment she's too stunned to move, unsheathed claws sinking into the soil beneath her as if that'll help her form from wavering uncertainly. Was she talking about her Witch? Arya swallows hard; no he's not her Witch and he never was, never would be. Witchsmark was the father to her children, but he'd never so much as even uttered the truthful words of love or like in her direction. She could only hope this woman was not ensnared in the same trap she'd once been in.

Maybe this is what compels her to step forward, lithe shadowy form still overshadowed by the thick trees, but caught in a little patch of light. The smaller feline stares up at the deer, jaw slightly agape before she forces the words out. "Hi." She nearly chokes on them. Arya doesn't say more, simply waiting for a response, watching the way angry tears burn at the other's deep brown eyes.

i just need a person who will hear just how i'm hurting
    when something not so pleasant hits the fan

tormenta-million volary flights condor & ex-ruins deputy tags always ic opinions

• ulla jorda

A soft gasp came from the doe and she froze when the other woman entered the light. Her light, if they were being more specific. Shadow Veil, unfortunately, was rather dark and that meant that most natural light was kept out of the thick foliage, though she had always suspected it also had something to do with the spiritual presence in the Veil. Some assumed that darkness meant some sort of evil spirit was present, but Ulla didn't think that was the case. She didn't really believe in demons or in inherently evil or dark spirits. There were some that brought darkness, of course, but that was just as necessary as light. Some plants, like those in Shadow Veil, could only grow and glow in complete darkness and certain animals would never go out at all if the sun didn't eventually set. All things had their purpose and darkness wasn't excluded from that, even if she did feel it was a bit excessive in the pines. Ulla was oftentimes the brightest point in the forest and most of the light that Arya had stepped into wasn't the sort that had filtered through the trees, but was instead the natural glow that emanated from Ulla herself. When she saw how close the glass had flown to the Arya's leg, her eyes widened a bit and she was quick to speak, "I'm so sorry! Usually there isn't anyone out here! You aren't hurt at all, are you?" She seemed alright, but she felt like she had to ask, just to be sure. Maybe she would even have to make some cookies or a cake later to make it up even further.

After a moment, she seemed to realize that she wasn't speaking to a Veiler and she hesitated once again, unsure of what to do about that. She recognized Arya from her time in the Ruins, though she wasn't sure what she should do about that. They had a neutral relationship and Arya had never done anything cruel to her and in fact had seemed rather upset when she was captured, though she guessed that was more due to political reasons than for personal reasons. She would feel the same way if she saw someone from a clan that had recently broken an alliance with them get captured so soon. Ulla wasn't one for unnecessary conflict, though, which the Red God had seemed adamant on starting and she had been willing to seek him out in search of answers, all of which were eventually found and all of which were disappointing. He had not been the source her headaches over the past month and he hadn't even been that interesting of a spirit. "Um, I saw you in the Ruins, didn't I? I'm not really sure what our policy is right now about neutrals just walking over the border, but given I almost put a plate through your head, I'm sure no one would mind you staying for a bit, if you'd like to. Besides, no one comes out here anyway and I don't care if you stay." There was a slightly awkward pause before Ulla continued, "I would apologize for yelling at your god when I was there, but I do not feel bad about it." She wasn't sure how well that'd be received, but it felt important to acknowledge for some reason.

"I don't think we've properly been introduced before. I'm Ulla, in case you weren't aware." She wasn't sure whether or not the woman would know her. She didn't think they'd actually spoken before this moment, so an introduction seemed to be in order, even if it was followed by more uncomfortable silence. Glancing around, Ulla cleared her through for the second time - far too many times for one conversation - and reached for a nearby plate, offering to Arya. "Would you like to throw some glass at the trees? I like to do it while also yelling. It can be rather relaxing. Though usually I do it by myself, as you can tell. I think my children might get a bit concerned if I tried doing it in our home, after all." At this she smiled, hoping desperately that a joke might break this horribly awkward meeting.

THE WITCH OF THE WOOD

• Ulla's quick to apologize, snapping Arya out of her thoughts as she realizes she's talking to another creature, not just her own internal ramblings. The doe is overly concerned, she thinks to herself - was she really that clumsy in her dodging that the woman thought she wasn't okay? Must be her size - that always played a role. Instead of verbally responding, the ram-horned feline simply shakes her head gently, glancing off to the side for a few seconds as if checking that they were alone. Suspicious, but she was hardly in the mood for any type of ambush, especially when she wasn't even a part of the group that captured or wanted to keep Ulla. She remains still, simply staring at the other, head tilting ever so slightly.

And then recognition blossoms over the stranger's face and before Arya can explain to her she's speaking. Ah... fuck, she'd waited too long to explain herself, had been too lost in her own thoughts to hold a conversation. Well... that wasn't exactly unusual recently. Arya nearly scoffs at her 'apology', her stoic expression flickering with sick amusement for a few seconds. Good - she's glad she isn't being apologetic. "That thing is not my God, and that place is not my home." She tilts her head up, voice strong and almost offended as she speaks, nearly cutting off the end of the Midnightbringer's words. Teeth grit and though she doesn't regret the words she's forcefully thrust into the space between them, they do not come as easy as they sound. Inside, there is a strong hesitance, but she must make it known to this woman for whatever reason.

She introduces herself, soft and caring tones gracing the ears of the brutal feline, causing them to flick slightly. The woman was motherly, outwardly - something that Arya deeply lacked was the expression of how she cared for others, something she could already tell this woman did not struggle with whatsoever. Ulla is her name - a very odd one but who is she to say when half her family is named after alcoholic beverages? The offer to join her is made, and it's almost begrudgingly that Arya complies. She isn't sure why she does, but something inside her agrees that she needs this. But before she moves forward she tilts her head back up at the Veiler and speaks. "Arya." She dips her head in greeting before walking forward and sitting down next to the other woman.

She doesn't take the glass with her paws, but it's lifted out of Ulla's hooves with her powers, almost instantly flinging it in the direction of a tree at a high speed. The Tormenta-Million watches as the glass shatters, a rush of relief going through her, faint but enough that she stays. "Why were you screaming?" Blunt as ever.

tormenta-million volary flights condor & ex-ruins deputy tags always ic opinions

• ulla jorda

At Arya's nod, the doe relaxes slightly. Good, at least she hadn't physically hurt anyone with all of her shouting. That was why she was doing it, after all, so that she didn't hurt anyone by accident. While snapping at her clanmates might bring temporary relief, she needed something more stable and locking away all of her emotions wasn't a real solution. Right now, sheh ad no way to express that anger in camp, so she would come here and break glass and scream until she felt better. It would not change the way things were, but it might change her reaction to them, which was just as important. The smile she pulls from Arya seems to confirm that the woman at least appreciated her sentiment, which was good. She was sure the Ruins had more than a few zealots who would be offended at such speech. "Good. That spirit was not a god. He was old and powerful, yes, but also incredibly arrogant and foolish, as most gods are. The ones I've met, anyway. They've all been rather disappointing. He didn't even have any of the answers I was looking for, which was especially frustrating, given I went to all the trouble of being captured." Her tone takes on one of near annoyance as she discusses the great spirit.

"As for it being a home, it never seemed like much of one to me. I never lived there, obviously, but I knew someone who did and he came to me more than once with injuries that he mysteriously seemed to acquire only when he was there. It worried me quite a lot." Alaksiej's situation had been one that brought her a great deal of worry when he was still there. While a part of her felt bad for the Ruins' situation, she was glad that it had finally resulted in the boy leaving and going to live in Wind Haven. It seemed safer there and she could only hope he was happier. Besides, now having dinner with him would be much easier, given he could visit whenever he liked.

When she makes the request, she isn't entirely certain of how the woman before her might respond, but she's at least glad when she doesn't immediately run off, which Ulla wouldn't blame her for doing. Admittedly, this is a very strange situation. At her name, Ulla offers yet another smile and speaks, "Well, it's a pleasure to have officially met you, Arya." She watches as the glass is lifted and then thrown against the tree. She can't help the small smile that tugs at her lips as she grabs another plate herself, hurling it at the tree and watching it shatter, though with no shouting this time. It seems a little rude to do so in the presence of someone she's only just met. Hearing her question, Ulla pauses and tilts her head slightly, as though in consideration. "Because I'm very frustrated with many things presently and to take those feelings out on my clanmates is unfair, but it's what I've been doing. This seems like a better solution. Things have been tense lately in the Veil, overall. There was, of course, the situation with the Ruins, but we've also been having trouble with the Thunderlands and the Painted Brigade, both situations in which I felt some of our early talks with them weren't handled particularly well. Then the Exiles raided and they took the eye of a boy I look after, Kiyoshi. He's only just become an apprentice. He didn't deserve that sort of pain. In addition to all of that, my boyfriend has also been missing for two months. I have no idea where he went or why or if he was taken. I suppose, though, after all this time we're probably not-" She doesn't get choked up, but she doesn't finish the sentence. It practically finishes itself anyway, though. Witch has been gone for two months. Even if he was still out there somewhere, surely he couldn't fault her for assuming their relationship had reached an end. Ulla's almost certain that Arya doesn't want to know and doesn't care about any of this, but after all the time she's spent taking care of Kiyoshi in the last week, she hasn't had the opportunity for many adult conversations and she couldn't speak to him about any of this.

"I have recently felt a strong desire to go and burn down the Exiles myself, but I know I can't. Not because I wouldn't be able to, but because I don't want to bring anymore violence to Shadow Veil. So, to prevent myself from making poor decisions, I will continue to throw glass at tress and scream in the woods." She could talk specifically about being there to spy, but she isn't so sure about that. It's something she doesn't even talk about openly in camp. It probably wouldn't be good to share that with Arya, even if she no longer stayed in the Ruins. "I'm sure you care little about any of that, though, and I wouldn't blame you for it. It probably all sounds very dull based on your own recent troubles, given the Ruins' situation. If you don't claim that place as your home anymore, where do you stay and why did you come to visit Shadow Veil?" It seems like a fair question - one that probably should've been asked earlier in the conversation, given the usual procedure with strangers in the woods. Then again, any sort of protocol had been left behind in Ulla's mind when that stranger happened to stumble upon her as she was shouting nonsensically at a tree.

THE WITCH OF THE WOOD

• Ulla talks more and Arya is glad - more talking for the other party usually means less talking for herself, which was something she had welcomed greatly. Her ears flick, red eyes drawing up to the doe as she talks about the God indignantly, as if he didn't try to smite the entire Ruins under one dark paw. Maybe it seemed crazy from the outside, but the fear that the savannah had felt in those moments was... more than real. But there was a big difference to her about believing in a god and worshipping one - she could do the former without the latter in her mind. Rather disappointing she'd stated - that was something they could agree on, so Arya nods slightly.

The Midnightbringer moves onto talking about the Ruins and how it has never a home. While Arya could definitely agree to that on some extent, living there her whole life made offense bubble up in her chest, ears flitting against her horns and eyes returning to the shattered glass on the ground. Was this Veiler wrong? Was the Ruins a good place to live or a bad one? Truthfully, her wounds were still too fresh and her attachment still too great to truly tell what she thought of the Harrow Desert group. An ear flicks in annoyance, not at the woman next to her but the thoughts that buzzed confusingly throughout her mind that she couldn't quite shake.

The pleasure of meeting one another is shared, so Arya simply nods again in response and watches as Ulla hurls another glass at the tree. She watches the way it explodes, sending glass flying everywhere and lets satisfaction course through her at the thought of it being one of her enemies or someone who wronged her. She almost forgets that she asked Ulla a question, that is until the woman sets off on a long-winded explanation, which Arya is not opposed to listening to. She blinks, wondering if Witchsmark will come up in this explanation but stays silent, simply soaking up the knowledge about this strange woman.

Political troubles were always a hassle, Arya could tell her that much but instead she doesn't respond, tracing her claw across the dirt as she listens. It might seem like she wasn't, but the perked ears atop her head imply her interest in the words leaving Ulla's mouth, so she doesn't feel the need to do more than that. Kiyoshi... that name was somewhat familiar. Was it because of Alaksiej? It was in the back of her mind, just out of grasp but her focus on that is swept away at the mention of a boyfriend. A boyfriend? Her stomach drops - Witchsmark had made himself her boyfriend, and not Arya's? Was it by choice or...? Arya swallows hard, flinging another plate at the tree, a little more clumsily this time. It hits off to the side of the tree instead of the front of it, causing the glass shards to fly at a different angle and splay out on untouched ground. Gentle breath of air leaves her chest, having been pent up, as she tries to release it quietly without drawing too much attention to the fact that Ulla's words had made her tense up. Regardless of the thought-to-be-shared-man in their lives, they were quite similar.

The topic of the Exiles makes her raise her head, slight amusement dancing in her eyes despite the fact that she's still reeling from Ulla's little speech. "You should do it." She says with unrestrained contempt, tail lashing slightly behind her as she speaks. Ulla continues then, assuming she doesn't want to hear her troubles and before she can really think of a response she's word-vomitting. "I mean... I guess I care as much as I can for listening to the words of a near-stranger. But I can assume you that your problems aren't dull. Pretty entertaining to listen to, honestly." She glances up again at Ulla then quickly away, realizing her words come off as cruel. "Not to say that your troubles aren't valid - it's kinda nice hearing that I'm not the only one who has glaring issues in my life... no offense." Why did she care? Arya never cared about who she offended with her words, why the fuck was she apologizing for -

She forces the thoughts out of her mind, tearing her gaze away and gritting her teeth. Where did she live and why? That was the question that had been asked to her, why hadn't she just fucking gotten to the point? "I'm in the Flights now with my little sisters." Once upon a time she would've spat out the fact that they were younger siblings, but now at least she had someone to trust. "I came to see my daughter. Tula." Surely she'd be surprised that the talkative and boastful child was that of Arya's but she ignored the thought, returning to the previous topics. "I'm uh... sorry all that stuff is happening to you. Must suck... for you and that kid." Kiyoshi, she means, but she doesn't know him so she doesn't bother referring to him by name.