Lending Paws [BxG Male Dog Needed PAFP]

Check out Ivoria in Agrelos! They are an evil backboard group situated on the waterway. Successful completion of a trial is required in order to join. We have a great OOC community and would love to have you!
  • Plot:

Muse A is a vixen fox who is currently expecting pups. They’re on their own and they have to hunt small animals since they can’t exactly leap up and tackle down a deer. Muse A is suddenly shot by a Hunter so they flew to a nearby house and slip inside via a doggy door where they’re hiding from the hunter. Muse B is the dog of the owner of the house. They’re returning home with said owner from a daily walk. When they get inside, they’re met with the sight of an injured Muse A and instead of finishing the job that the hunter could not, Muse B and their owner are sympathetic and kind. Muse A gets to stay there to heal and they eventually have pups. Even when Muse A heals, they don’t want to leave.

YWHJZnh.jpg

Calypso

3 years old

Black and Red fox

Expecting pups

Pain. That’s all she felt. Blood soaked her fur as Calypso was making a break for the opposite direction. A hunter had shot her and she was limping but her hind leg wasn’t injured... she had been shot in the front leg which was obviously a maim shot. But Calypso was filled with determination to get to safety but her health wasn’t on her mind... the health of her curled up unborn pups were on her mind. It’s been 46 days since she first knew she was expecting and well... foxes carry for at least 49 days if not more. Calypso shook her head and was limping far away with the sight of a house.

Calypso pushes herself and she scrambled up the steps and saw an opening... a doggy door. Or well... a flap. She skidded inside the house and looked around. A dog bed was in her sights so she limped over to it and plopped herself down. Whining, Calypso licked at her injured paw to stop the bleeding, the tangy coppery smell of blood on her tongue.

• Odin pads with his owner after a long night of napping and entertaining himself while the human slept. He padded with his black and red harness jingling around his upper torso while sniffing the air and doing business. When returning the house hold, Odin was released into the yard. He sniffs around catching the scent of an injured creature, following it to his doggy door. He barks with a growl before bolting inside. Henry quickly following the canine "hey boy!" unlocking the door and hurrying inside. Odin follows the scent all the way to his bed, he halts with his hackles raised and growls lowly to see a fox in his bed. He flattens his ears glaring at her until realizing she was badly hurt and expect. Slowly the canine calm and sits on his haunches. Henry running in with a bat thinking someone broke in only to see a little fox curled up in Odin's bed "Well who is this?" moving to kneel by his dog, petting his head. "hello there" greeting the little vixen guessing she was scared and confused "how'd you get in here?" he questions like a clueless human.

Odin rolls his eyes to his stupid owner trying to talk to a fox "How did you get injured and why risk coming into a human home?" the male questions. His voice was deep and a little threatening but mainly because he did not know her intentions and didn't understand foxes or females very well.

d4b2615edf034853aade43fc7fd47099--sunsets-beautiful.jpg

THE WILD HORSE IS WHERE I WANT TO RUN,

BEAUTIFUL, MYSTERIOUS, AND FREE.

Will have spotty activity ・゚★

————— June 8th through 10th

• Calypso’s haunches tensed up when she heard growling and barking. There wasn’t much she could do so she just remained laying there on the dog bed when she saw Odin. Her fur raised up and her fur also prickled against her skin as she stared at the dog with a scared but also defensive sort of look. And then came in the owner with the bat and her lower body raised so she was in a crouching position. Of course, her first thought was that Henry was going to do something to get her outside but her eyes watched as he didn’t even use the bat on her or grab her to carry her outside. She lowered herself out of the crouching position and she stared at Henry before hearing Odin speak. “What? I was shot by a hunter while trying to find food. And I just wanted to find a place where a hunter wouldn’t come looking.” The vixen explained, intimidated by Odin’s tone and her ears flattened as her tail protectively curled around her stomach. Her pups were okay... at least she felt them wriggling around in her stomach. But blood was soaking the fur on her front paw and even dripping onto the floor.

• ODIN

Odin looks to his owner and nudges the human away from the vixen, nipping gently at his clothing. Of which Henry backed off and went to call a friend of his "Yeah, hey man I got a fox here. Seems it's injured, I guess a bullet" his speech a bit broken from the other line talking. He hung up and looks at the time "I'll get lunch started" walking away seeing Odin was stand protectively in front of the vixen. When Henry went away Odin relaxes ignoring the vixen signs up defense since he could easily injure her more even kill if he wanted, he didn't. He steps closer to her, sniffing her over "Hunter is a bad shot or you're a lucky fox" walking around his bed. "though by the way, this is my bed" commenting, flattening his ears as he stops in front of her and sits. Looking her over he saw no other wounds then remembered she mentioned she was hungry "I'll be back..." padding back out the doggy door, he returned after ten minutes with a dead bunny. He sets it on the edge of the bed and sits "It'll help" telling her quietly. His tail wags seeing Henry return with a bowl of dog food and a sandwich, setting the bowl down for Odin before walking to the couch.

The post was edited 2 times, last by *Angelica* ().

• Calypso silently watched and she rested her head on the floor whilst she laid on her side. Her tail still curled around her stomach protectively as she was eyeing Odin with uncertainty. “Yeah I can tell that this is your bed.” Calypso said with apathy and she figured that Odin was going to be kicking her out of the dog bed. Well if he did then maybe Henry would let her sleep in the bed with him. She did need a comfortable place to sleep and it would be a large change to sleeping in a fox burrow. Then the vixen watched Odin disappear outside only to come in with a dead bunny and set it on the edge of the bed.

Calypso sniffed at it and then she opened her jaws only to sink her teeth into the bunny. Calypso was wolfing the bunny down which showed that she was really hungry. Her tongue swiped over her maw to lick away the blood and she was satisfied for now at least. After getting her fill of the bunny, Calypso then laid back down on her side and she strained to nose at her stomach. The vixen needed to make sure that her little ones were okay.

• ODIN

Odin leans down munching on his lunch since his owner forgot breakfast, his gaze glancing over to the fox as she wolfed down the bunny. He licks his bowl clean, picking it up and taking it back to the kitchen before returning and actually laying down on the floor by the bed. He was being protective in a way. Watching her check her stomach he sits up a little "You must be really close" he comments quietly, lowering his ears. Then he tensed and jumps to his paws when a knock sounded at the door. Henry rose from the couch and answers the door guiding his vet friend into the living room where Odin was standing in front of the bed, ears flat and growling a little. Henry sighs "I'll take Odin to another room so you can work on her" grabbing the leash and suddenly Odin stopped growling and walks over to his owner. He glances to the fox as his leash was attached and he was lead to his owners bedroom. Once in there the door shut behind him leading the male to get upset and barks, clawing at it to open. Wanting to be near her.

The vet friend, Berry slowly walks over to the fox "My she's for a swollen stomach" he spoke softly "hey girlie, I'm here to help you" seeing the bunny on the bed. 'Wow, I am surprised Odin is letting her stay in his bed of all things" he chuckles looking to Henry.

• Calypso’s gaze turned to Odin and she nodded her head. “Yeah, I think I’m really close.” She said as she finally checked her stomach and laid her head down on the dog bed. She was going to fall asleep because she felt so exhausted and she wanted to sleep off the pain. But then there was the knock on the door and it startled Calypso with her ears going up and her body getting into a sitting position. Then there was the sound of Odin growling and Calypso was starting to nestle back down onto the bed with her head laying on her paws. Seeing the vet made her growl defensively as she wasn’t sure what he was going to do to her. Obviously she didn’t know what a vet was so she was scared. And Henry was leading Odin to another room only to shut the door and the vixen had to listen to the sound of Odin barking and clawing.

Calypso stopped growling and she laid on her side with her front paws stretched out. Her eyes darted between Henry and Berry, wondering what was going to happen next. She understood what Berry was saying and him saying that he was here to help made her feel a bit better. Her paw was in pain and she wondered if there were bullet fragments in her paw. Oddly enough, she wanted Odin here since it was clear to her that he was getting protective.

• ODIN

Henry nods to his friend "Never really seen him like that but I don't want him getting in your way" taking a seat on the couch to watch.

Berry pauses when the vixen growled at him and glances over her paw "Now this will sting" getting close enough to get out a shot to numb the area and then another to put her into a sleeping state.

Odin kept at the door until he gave in and lays down, pressing to the door listening hoping they were not going to take her away. He didn't even know her name yet.

Berry quickly gets her with the sleep injection, waiting to see her grow drowsy "She's pregnant, clearly. I think that may be why though who knows how many kits she'll have" looking to Henry. "She can stay here until she heals and has her babies, will it be okay to Odin around her?" worried his dog may attack her babies or hurt her while she is healing. Berry looks to the fox "I think he'll respect her choices, just keep an eye on him" warning his friend.

• Calypso yipped when the paw was numbed and then she was pricked again with a sleeping injection. Her vision became blurred and she was resting her head down as she was slowly getting into a drowsy state. She still heard their conversation and the vixen was grateful that she could stay here whilst she healed and had her babies. It was evident that she had already made herself at home so she didn’t plan on leaving the house anytime soon. It was too dangerous for her because that hunter could still be around looking for her and she was nearly close to having kits. In simpler words, she couldn’t risk going out there on her own. Slowly but surely, she was getting more sleepy and her gaze was still focused on Henry and Berry. How long she would be sleeping for was something that she didn’t know.

Calypso needed the sleep anyway because she was exhausted. Her eyes were closing and she was lulled into a sleep state with her mouth slightly open. What Berry was going to do to help her was something that Calypso didn’t know before she fell asleep. And while she was exhausted, she didn’t want to remain in the sleeping state for too long.

• ODIN

Berry patiently waited before opening her leg up a little, fishing out those bullet fragments not wanting to take any chances. He sat on his knees, on his butt, on his side to get everything just right without having to move her too much. Once he was done he stitched her up and gave her another injection to prevent infection and to wake her. "Alright, so I'd get her into that guest room of yours with blankets and places to hide until she heals and has the babies. When she does call me so I can ensure they are healthy. Now with Odin like I said she'll make the rules on that front" he waves and heads off. Henry thanked his friend and got out a puppy gate he had for Odin when he was a puppy, put it in the doorway and started placing heated blanket in the closet after clearing it out. He took the bed frame out and simply left the mattress in the middle of the room. Setting down a large water bowl and would have to stock up on meat for her. Once everything was set he quietly moves the fox in Odin's bed to the guest room trying not to wake her. Once he got her settled beside the mattress he went and let Odin out.

Odin jolted to his feet and wiggled out of the door going to the living room first before dashing to the guest room, padding inside. He slowly approached her to see if she was awake, then sniffs her over sensing Berry fixed her up. Deciding she was alright Odin laid down beside the bed and waits for her to wake up.

• Calypso didn’t wake up right away. She stayed asleep and she only was starting to wake up when she felt someone next to her. Her eyes slowly opened to find herself in a completely different room and she looked around before seeing that Odin was next to her. Sighing, the vixen cuddled up next to him for warmth and she didn’t say a word... not right away at least. Her paws stretched out and she was pawing at Odin’s side whilst she stretched. Calypso was comfortable now and she didn’t really feel pain in her paw but rather she felt a dull throbbing sensation. Her jaws parted into a loud yawn as she curled up once more.

Calypso felt fully rested now, but still she felt weak. What could she possibly say to Odin right now? She pondered on that as she had her body curled up comfortably in a small fetal position. “You’re quite warm.” The vixen finally spoke as she sounded content, not bothering to move from her position. Her eyes were open and she was staring at the injured paw which was stitched and she didn’t want to move it around too much.

• ODIN

The canine remained still, flicking his ears as he felt the vixen awaken clearly a little spooked by the change of venue. What he did not expect was her to snuggle close to him which was a new sensation to him making his tail sway a little. He lays his head down, simply watching her as brushed a paw against him she stretched before returning to curling up. Remaining silent for now as she grew comfortable laying against him until she spoke "um...thanks" baffled by her comment. He lowers his ears "What's your name by the way?" asking quietly, his voice was far softer than one may think for a dog his size. But he was just trying to be gentle and friendly knowing she was delicate right now, also not wanting to scare her. "My name is Odin and my human is Henry" he quickly introduces himself, wagging his tail proudly.

• “Calypso. My name is Calypso.” The vixen finally introduced herself to Odin, taking note of his name and Henry’s name. Funny how he went from threatening to gentle with her. It was a nice change really seeing Odin be so nice and gentle with her. Calypso knew she was safe in here since there was Odin and Henry who could keep her safe but... what if the hunter found her? What would she do then? Obviously the hunter might not be pleased that she had gotten away so naturally he would look for her.

The thoughts had made her become distressed and her scent gave off the smell off distress and unease. “Hey, what if the hunter finds me here?” Calypso asked, wanting to get that question off of her chest so she could feel better. An answer from Odin would definitely make her feel better. Her ears had flattened and she was now nuzzling her face into Odin’s warm fur as she tried to not think about anything negative.

• ODIN

A smile like look took hold of his maw when she told him her name, was rather creative he must admit. He shifts sensing her starting to stress out about something which was starting to bug him, thinking right now stress was not a good thing. Then she voiced what was bothering her before nuzzling her face into his fur which was another new thing to Odin causing his ears to lower in uncertainty. He clears his throat to her answer "Well...Henry owns the property around here so if he shows and hurts you on the property then he will go to jail if he just steps on the property he will go to jail" he explains. Out of instinct Odin guessed he ran his tongue over her head, between her ears to soothe her "You're safe, especially if I'm around" his voice growing a little deep. It showed he was protective of her, still not understanding why.

• Calypso listened intently to what Odin was saying and that made her feel better. What ultimately calmed her down was when Odin ran his tongue across her head. “You’ll protect me and the kits?” Calypso asked for confirmation. Maybe it was the instincts to protect a pregnant female that made Odin start to grow protective of her. And Calypso was really starting to like it too. “Thank you.” The vixen mumbled to the dog as she was more calm and relaxed now. Knowing that the hunter would go to jail was a reassuring thought to the vixen.

Calypso felt restless and she was stirring around a little until she decided that she was starting to get a little thirsty with her mouth slowly getting dry. Slowly, Calypso heaved herself up onto her paws and began to waddle her way over to the large water bowl where she began to thirstily lap up some water until she was satisfied.

• ODIN

Odin's ear perks forward hearing her question then lower uncertian how to answer that, would he protect her? He hoped so "Yeah..." answering her watching her get upa dn rose to his paws as well. He didn't want her to fall or hurt her paw. He shifts into a sitting position "Don't you have a mate?" he suddenly asked, slightly worried a male fox may some looking for her. Not liking that at all. His ears flattens at the thought but tries pushing it aside though he giving off a vibe he was upset. Standing he wanders over to pick up a chew toy Henry threw in, laying down again by the bed. His bog paws held the toy as he absently chews on it, finding the gestures calming. His gaze looked over her to wondering what her kits would look like, she was such a pretty fox "Calypso, this your first litter?" he asks. A very curious dog he was.

• “A mate? No I don’t have a mate... at least not anymore.” Calypso’s voice went into a small murmur as she moved to lay back down. She didn’t like to talk about her former mate and she wanted to drop it for now at least. Maybe one day she would finally speak about her former mate to Odin but not right now. “But, yes this is my first litter.” Calypso have a small nod of the head as she rested her head on her front paws. Her mate had been a Silver fox and she liked to wonder about what the kits would look like when they were born and she would have to come up with names for them too. The vixen sensed that Odin was curious and she found it to be quite amusing honestly.

She nosed at her stomach once more and she felt the kits wiggle around. If she was going to be honest, she was scared because this was her first litter and she wasn’t sure how painful this was going to be. But she didn’t have to worry about that for a day or two at least if not more. The vixen ears were flattened and she was starting to stare off into space.

• ODIN

Odin watches her when she answers she had a mate though seemed to not want to speak on the terms of what happened to him. He felt sorry in a way, if her mate was around then maybe that hunter wouldn't have gone after her. He stops messing with his toy and moves closer to the bed again, laying near her. Watching her stretch to touch her stomach making him wonder what it felt like having little ones growing inside her. The canine huffs and stands stretching out, he wanted to go outside or on a run now but couldn't really bring himself to leave her side. Walking a few steps away he sniffs the mattress Henry had laying on the floor. He gets up onto it and settles there finding it easier to look around the room "Are you scared?" he asks. He felt he would be scared if he was a female this was the first time having a litter, of course he would not leave her even keep henry away if need be. Which he was very loyal and gentle to Henry so for him to be more loyal and protective to her was saying something.