valar dohaeris (p; arya)

Check out Ivoria in Agrelos! They are an evil backboard group situated on the waterway. Successful completion of a trial is required in order to join. We have a great OOC community and would love to have you!
  • Perhaps the reason this night looks so beautiful

This visit was long overdue.

It was not out of anger towards her friend (well, hopefully still her friend - things did not go well the last time they had seen each other) rather the universe had decided to take a huge shit on the alabaster mountain lioness and hindered her ability to travel to where rumors of Arya’s location was.

Evangeline had sent an npc the day before to inform Arya of a friend visiting and where the two of them would be meeting. The snowy cougar chose a location near the Flights. She didn’t want to burden the charcoal savannah with a long walk - Eva herself would manage to make that walk, albeit slowly.

Her entire body aches and curses Eva for making such a trek. The trauma induced upon her powerful frame had yet to fully heal, so the puma wasn’t surprised to see the cut on her left hind paw reopened and soaking the bandages wrapped tightly around it. Her left hip, which she left unwrapped since it hindered movement, also had some areas where the sun Clove carved into her flesh had began to slowly bleed. Fuck. At least her right front paw was holding up well enough, though that was due to Eva favoring it during the walk through territories.

A sigh, somewhere between annoyed at her own injuries and just exhausted from life, exits the femme’s maw as she glances around for Arya. Sunlight filters through the grove of trees, casting a revealing shine on Evangeline’s face. Deep cuts run from the corners of her eyes and down her cheeks, eventually going to heal into scars that would resemble tear trails. The bridge of her nose and delicate pinkish nostrils are also marred by cuts, jagged lines that stood out starkly against her pale pelt.

Kinked tail curls around her front paws and Evangeline relaxes her sore muscles for a moment, inhaling sharply as her body’s synaptic response was to tell her brain that ‘everything hurts and we are dying’ even though Eva knew she wasn’t dying.

At least, not yet. But there was no telling how this meeting with Arya would go.

arya.

Is not because of these stars or lights, but us

tags

"I swear, every time I'm around you, you become less Evangeline and more Evangequeen."
    - Cadence P.G.P.P.S.S.M

• Arya didn't know what Evangeline was going through. She didn't know about Amour's death, nor the woman's capture, or her rascal children. The former deputy was too caught up in everything going on in her own life to be worried about someone else's, despite the fact that she once considered the woman a friend. Eva was once warm and comforting, but now the Tormenta-Million wasn't sure where she fell with the other woman. Few Ruiners had taken their time to visit her - one being Bellona and the other being Kinship, who was now maybe not a Ruiner anymore. A gentle sigh had released from the depths of her chest when the NPC had notified her of the third tier's request. She didn't have a choice really, did she? Her guard had been listening in on the conversation, so Arya hadn't let Eva's messenger finish where their meeting place was. Arya would just have to figure it out by herself.

So the young woman had snuck out, using scent manipulation and shadow elemental to avoid her guard, who was constantly breathing down her neck nowadays. Springing up into the trees she'd darted through the jungle, using low hanging branches as a method of escape until she'd successfully lost the cougar. But now she had a bigger task to face.

Arya emerged from the jungle and began walking. Evangeline wasn't too far - she came into sight quite quickly, actually. Stoic expression remains unbudging but there's a definitive tenseness in her form; she sets her jaw, hardened pale red orbs landing on the form of the woman as she drew closer and sat a few lengths away. Eyebrows inched together ever so slightly, but she didn't speak, simply was present. She hadn't been doing much speaking recently, and it was Eva who called her here anyway.

i just need a person who will hear just how i'm hurting
    when something not so pleasant hits the fan

tormenta-million volary flights condor & ex-ruins deputy tags always ic opinions

Pale golden eyes track the charcoal savannah as she finally emerges from the jungle and settles down a few lengths from Eva. Silence hangs between the two for a few moments before the alabaster mountain lioness speaks. “Fuck you. None of you care about us, its one fucking thing after the next.” She was repeating the last thing Arya had said to her, her expression betraying no specific emotion. “Do you still want to? Fuck me? Because I probably deserve it. More so than you deserved being exiled from your home.” Evangeline adds as she shifts uncomfortably, holding back a grimace as pain ebbs throughout her body. She isn’t sure what could possibly be going through the former regent’s head, but more than likely it was bitterness towards Eva for coming between Arya and her family after Ace sacrificed their brother - an action that surprised Eva herself since she didn’t think the male would stoop that low.

She doesn’t wait for Arya to answer before moving on, feeling the need to just spill everything since so much was bottled up within her that was threatening to explode. “Amour is gone. Died in childbirth... I wasn’t there to help her or even say goodbye. I’ve been raising five cubs by myself. One of which... she’s... a tenacious little thing. Killed a Cartel underboss by the name of Angelbeats. Guess who had the honor of taking the punishment for that?” It was a rhetorical question at best given the fresh wounds scattering her body spoke volumes. A soft sigh escapes her maw as she searches for more to say, but nothing else comes to mind... so Evangeline lightly shakes her head and looks to Arya. She waits to see what her friend has to say about everything. She waits to see if the smaller fae wishes to add a mark among the others left behind by Clove. She waits to see... if maybe this friendship is salvageable.

tags

"I swear, every time I'm around you, you become less Evangeline and more Evangequeen."
    - Cadence P.G.P.P.S.S.M

• She level's her gaze, staring up at the wildcat as she repeats her final words. There's something inside of Arya that instinctively flinches, both because she's hearing the words out of someone else's mouth and because they came from hers. But she doesn't reveal this, simply curling her tail tighter over her paws and eyebrows drawing a little closer together as the silence hangs between them. And then Evangeline continues, and her muzzle twitches slightly in frustration. More so than you deserve being exiled from your home. There was nothing either of them could do about it now - no matter who had been appointed leader there would always be a sharp bitterness towards her, but even if she wanted to return she would never leave Cherrywine and Junior. And while the Flights hadn't been ideal in alignment with her moral standards... well.. creatures here cared about her. A million thoughts race through her mind, not many about the woman before her but rather about the situation. Nothing ever seemed to quiet those thoughts anymore, no matter what conversation she was holding. The scent of the Ruins overpowered all.

She continues. Arya peers at her, almost squinting at her as she's silent for a few beats. "Are you trying to make me pity you?" Clearly her friend (could she still call her that?) was here more for updates than inquiries, though the dark furred she-cat was never one to speak much either. She carries on, not leaving room for her to answer. "I'm sorry that happened. I know how much you loved Amour - I'm sure she'll live on in your children." Long claws flex into the damp grounds and she hesitates, but ultimately continues after a moment of internal deliberation. "The Cartel is trash - they've always been trash. Unfortunately I'm beginning to realize the same thing applies to the Ruins." Red eyes harden as she stares into golden orbs. "I don't know how I feel about you, if that's what you're asking. I don't know how I feel about anyone anymore." Had she not been prepared to speak the words her voice might've wobbled, but she tilts her head slightly, narrowing her eyes.

"What do you think of me?"

tormenta-million volary flights condor & ex-ruins deputy tags always ic opinions

"I am not seeking pity from anyone." Her voice comes out much softer than it had been before, tinged with a bit of guilt over having spilled so much to Arya and not thinking far enough ahead to realize that maybe it would come across as a guilt trip... a personal little pity party. "I had planned on visiting you earlier, but things did not work out that way. That was simply an explanation why." Eva adds, carefully rising to her paws as Arya speaks about how the Cartel is trash and how the Ruins are also trash and how she doesn't know how to feel about Eva anymore, or anyone for that matter. During the span of the charcoal savannah's speech, the alabaster mountain lioness had made her approach and sat right down in front of Arya, larger body looming over the smaller fae. Pale golden eyes are still locked with Arya's ruby tinged gaze and Evangeline ponders the question that would fall from the former regent's maw.

"What do you think of me?"

"My thoughts towards you have remained the same as before." The third tier answers honestly, a softening of her features clearly evident as she eases herself down to lay in front of Arya, their eyes now level. "I still think of you as my friend. I think of you as my family. I grew to love you during our time together in the Ruins. Forever opposites, me and you... yet, I always found we seemed to compliment each other." Her honey hued eyes seem to seek out Arya's response to that sentiment, anything to spark some sort of sway from the stoic facade the ebony femme hid behind. Evangeline knew more went on beneath the surface, more than Arya would lead others believe. "Arya, do you hate me for what I did?"

tags

- Cadence P.G.P.P.S.S.M

• Now it's Arya's turn to feel guilty. She hastily tears her gaze away, eyebrows narrowing almost childishly as she glares off to the side, not wanting to meet the other woman's gaze. "Sorry." She grumbles out, annoyed that she even feels the need to do so. She was softening up, and she hated it - but how could she not? Was there a way to reverse the emotions she felt for certain creatures? Regardless of her thoughts, Evangeline continues to answer her inquiry and she slowly turns her head back to look at the Ruiner, almost begrudgingly despite the other woman clearly not being offended by her brutish attitudes.

Her cheeks puff slightly in somewhat of a pout at the woman's kind words. "It'd be easier to hate you for what you did if you had said you hated me." Arya grumbled in response, ear flicking as embarrassed heat spreads through her skin. She hated this emotional, sappy shit. Granted, internally she was specifically emotional recently but she wasn't very good at expressing such things. It made her feel icky, truly. "No. I don't hate you. And thanks. For being nice or whatever." She looks away again, as if the words taste gross on her tongue, though the pale golden eyes of Evangeline aren't very avoidable when she laid down at eye-level. Arya understood the purpose of the measures Eva had taken to ensure her safety, but truthfully the Tormenta-Million had never responded well to those who tried to keep her from doing things she wanted to do. Not even her parents, and she had loved Ver more than anything as a child.

Evangeline watches as Arya tears away her gaze and stares off to the side, charcoal brows knit together and annoyance present in her tone as she apologizes. A light chuckle escapes Eva's maw at such a childish display. Arya had always been so stoic - unyielding in her stances, yet here was Evangeline breaking down those barriers and making the ebony savannah... softer? An interesting concept indeed, one the alabaster mountain lioness was kind of proud of. She would never want to change her friend, but knowing that she could dig in a bit deeper than most others was comforting. It created a bond between the two - one Eva hoped would be around for a long time. "You don't have to apologize, Arya. It's okay." The pale wildcat murmurs in response to the grumbled apology.

"Mmm, I understand that. Sorry I don't hate you." Eva adds almost warmly, the faintest of smiles playing at her maw. It was a reasonable feeling Arya had to want to hate someone if they hated her back, but alas, she chose the wrong friend in life for such emotions. Evangeline rarely found it in herself to hate someone else. The only one she ever truly hated was Alastair, but that was because he tortured her nearly to death and then later stalked her - driving her to a very dark place in her mind that still ignites every once and awhile. Her gentle eyes follow Arya as she becomes somewhat uncomfortable at answering Evangeline's question. Very carefully, the pale cougar would reach forward and aim to touch her uninjured paw to Arya's paw, if only for a moment to show reassurance to the savannah. "You're welcome... or whatever." She whispers coyly before releasing a soft sigh. She felt as if she still owed Arya some sort of explanation for what had happened, but she wasn't sure if she should share it. Would Arya even care? Or would it have made a difference? Perhaps the charcoal femme before her would see the slight turmoil and question it, but if nothing came up naturally, Evangeline felt dropping the issue might be best. So instead she would shift the conversation onto the former deputy herself. "Do you like it in the Flights? How are you doing? How are Cherrywine and Ver Junior doing?"

tags

- Cadence P.G.P.P.S.S.M