RUN LIKE THE DEVIL || PRIVATE

Check out Ivoria in Agrelos! They are an evil backboard group situated on the waterway. Successful completion of a trial is required in order to join. We have a great OOC community and would love to have you!
  • //jumping to when birdbones' is back!! take your time responding yall! also invited shrikekit bc they're in the medicine den (:

The large tom's presence was announced by gentle shuffle of his paws. Cloudwatcher stopped half-way into the medicine den and closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath and pressing his paws into the ground. Although he'd never be sappy enough to admit it, he truly missed the coziness of this den.

But reminiscing was not what he was there for.

Instead there was a bigger issue at hand; Brightstar and her increasingly strange actions. While the idea of letting it play out, Cloudwatcher minding his own business, was tempting...the tom had spent enough time holding back positive change for Windclan. And with everything else going on, Cloud felt it was best to bring up his concerns with someone. While he didn't mind Blacknight, Cloudwatcher wanted to talk to some cats that he knew and trusted: Birdbones and Coldpaw. Plus, they were the medics--they'd be able to tell him if they had caught any omens lately.

"H-Hello? If it's okay, I'd like to talk about something with you guys."

"speech."

well, i think i'm gonna burn in hell —— tags.

IF I START CRACKING AT THE CENTER, ALL THIS GOES AWAY

( IM STAYING NUMB TO MY FEELINGS, DODGE 'EM LIKE NOVOCAINE )

MY BACK IS BREAKING FROM TAKING ALL OF THIS DEAD WEIGHT

• Birdbones had barely said a word since her recent return. She no longer had the courage to face anyone in the Clan, not after what had happened, and upon leaving Tawnydove behind in SkyClan there was a certain sadness, too. Being there, with him... it was a tiny glimpse into what could have been if she had been brought into the life of a warrior, not a medic. What could have been if she had been born a Skyclanner. What might be, if she were to join there now. Thinking about it only caused a dull pain to rise in her chest.

"Oh, uh... Cloudwatcher," she murmured, turning away from where she had been sorting the herbs, yellow eyes resting briefly upon him. In her greeting, she sounded even hollower than she felt. "Yeah, uh- be, be my guest." Brightstar's actions had been concerning Birdbones, too... deep down, beneath the agony of betrayal. Every ounce of her trust trampled into the ground.

DOOMED FROM THE START

WE MET WITH A GOODBYE KISS

WINDCLAN — MEDICINE CAT — TAGS, PENNED BY WALUGIGPINBALL

• {Shrikekit}
    {F}{seal lynx point, black paws}{6 moons}

{in character}

There wasn’t much by way of entertainment while she recuperated, so Shrike had found herself being unconscionably sociable as the days dragged on. Sparrowflight was a common visitor, of course, but the isolation that had been imposed on her made clear just how tenuous the few friendships she’d had before really were. Any chance to talk to a cat from outside was to be taken and made much of.

So it wasn’t too odd that Shrike’s head rose from the bedding as soon as Cloudwatcher’s voice cut in over Birdbones’ rustling. Cloudwatcher was a near-constant presence in the clan, and had been involved in many of the more interesting happenings in the clan’s history, if the elders’ stories were to be believed. Or at least, the frequency with which he’d appeared in them, when she’d been in a state to go visiting.

As a matter of fact... She still hadn’t thanked him for dragging her down, had she? First from a misdirected anger that he was the one to save her and not Duckstar, then an awful fear that he’d be angry for her delay, then a marked inability to hunt him down herself. But even so, this probably wasn’t the right time either, was it?

After all, Cloudwatcher and Birdbones probably wouldn’t want unnecessary ears for... whatever conversation they were about to have, how ever unwilling the eavesdropper. This conversation seemed like it would be an important one. She didn’t think Cloudwatcher was the type to reprimand Birdbones for her friendship with the other medicine cat (and wasn’t that just some foul mossball that Brightstar had pulled!) so she wouldn’t have to yell at him for upsetting her. It would make thanking him that much harder if she yelled at him right before.

A little huff to clear her throat and Shrike offered with a touch of ruefulness, “You’re gonna want to step out for a truly private conversation.”

{out of character}

text

The post was edited 2 times, last by Shrike. ().

• ✦ ✧ ✦

Coldpaw was the last to answer. She had known something was up with the leader- and after she had gained the sight, it had even heightened. She could tel there was a shadow within the leader, but possession wasn’t on her mind. In fear of being wrong or worrying the clan, she had kept all her suspicions and dreams to herself in hopes that Brightstar would work it our amongst herself. But she appeared to have been wrong to assume the leader would be able to do that because weeks had passed and the heavily pregnant leader was still walking with a shadow. She was different . “Hello- uh... is everything okay?” The medicine cat apprentice asked as her lifeless eyes would drift up to the former medicine cat. Did he share the same suspicion?

BABY REALLY HURT ME, CRYING IN THE TAXI

( says he don't wanna know me, says he made the big mistake of dancing in my storm )

( ✧ ) blind & tailless ( ✧ ) biography ( ✧ ) windclan mca ( ✧ ) plotting ( ✧ ) pinned by radio ( ✧ )

gfflnG5.png

The post was edited 1 time, last by coldpaw ().

• Cloudwatcher dipped his head to the three cats that made their presences known one-by-one. He couldn't help but let out a short sigh as he settled down off to the side, taking a seat so he wasn't taking up a bunch of space. Eyeing Shrikekit with a bit of sorrow, for what had happened to her and how she was still trapped in the confines of the medicine den, he shook his head. "Its alright, I don't mind you being here." Who knew what a kitten could bring to the conversation anyways? They were always smarter than they were perceived to be, being children and all.

Focusing his gaze on Birdbones and Coldpaw, he nodded again in hello before continuing on. "I'm here because of Brightstar." He let the sentence hang in the air for a moment, letting the events of recent come back to memory. "She...I don't know. There's a darkness in her, and I'm worried. But you all know this, I assume...I was just...I guess I was wondering if you've received any sort of word from Starclan about this?" Hah. He knew there was nothing but a slim chance of one of them coming into contact with Starclan. He supposed that was the irony, him wanting to commune with the ancestors finally, but only when they were unavailable.

"speech."

well, i think i'm gonna burn in hell —— tags.

IF I START CRACKING AT THE CENTER, ALL THIS GOES AWAY

( IM STAYING NUMB TO MY FEELINGS, DODGE 'EM LIKE NOVOCAINE )

MY BACK IS BREAKING FROM TAKING ALL OF THIS DEAD WEIGHT

• A darkness within her... what a nice way of putting it. There was something terribly wrong with their leader- Brightstar had returned a different cat to when she had left, and Birdbones felt only sickening hatred just thinking about the other's actions. What could have lead her to this, other than a 'darkness within her'? Birdbones knew as well as any cat that hatred could blossom within even the most bashful cats, so happy and bright cats were not at all exempt. It was presumptuous to think that there was something wrong. Yet... Birdbones, in all her wallowing pessimism, wished to hold on to a belief that out there, the real Brightstar dwelled.

"I haven't," she murmured, voice low, still refusing to meet the gaze of he who stood in the den, asking such a question. Hah... that StarClan would ever approach her about anything that wasn't telling her what to do! What a ridiculous concept. "What's guaranteeing StarClan even- even knows anything about what is happening? This- this could be beyond their understanding, as much- as much as it is ours."

DOOMED FROM THE START

WE MET WITH A GOODBYE KISS

WINDCLAN — MEDICINE CAT — TAGS, PENNED BY WALUGIGPINBALL

• ✦ ✧ ✦

Upon the mention of the possessed leader, coldpaw gave a light shuffle of her paws. She had hoped Birdbones would have gotten word from starclan- but it appeared as though she hadn't, making this conversation ten times harder to be had. "Uh- Cloudwatcher…. I-I think I did." Coldpaw said, her voice low as she thought back to when Starclan had visited her in that dream and presented a windclan cat to her that had a shadow dancing in its eye. "I-I don't know for sure but... Starclan showed me this cat from windclan and something was off about them. But- I don't know what." the feline said, taking a small break from the words.

BABY REALLY HURT ME, CRYING IN THE TAXI

( says he don't wanna know me, says he made the big mistake of dancing in my storm )

( ✧ ) blind & tailless ( ✧ ) biography ( ✧ ) windclan mca ( ✧ ) plotting ( ✧ ) pinned by radio ( ✧ )

gfflnG5.png

• {Shrikekit}
    {F}{seal lynx point, black paws}{6 moons}

{in character}

While she knew there was literally nothing she could’ve done, residual guilt prickled at Shrike’s pelt. She had (obviously) been here the night of Coldpaw’s StarClan message-turned-nightmare and had been utterly useless.

The reality of her ineptitude was bitter on her tongue, and her typical acerbic tone was not lessened by it when she was up to speaking. “If it has ears like a rabbit, feet like a rabbit, and a tail like a rabbit, it probably isn’t a duck. Between WindClan’s resident chickadee-in-newleaf doing her best angry badger impersonation and your message, I think we can draw a conclusion or two.”

Her focus turned inwards, mind churning in a way she hadn’t permitted since she’d devised an unpalatable but effective supplemental hunting strategy. The drought had eased before it had come fully into play, but she was here when her siblings were not, and that was because she’d been willing to eat all the insects she could catch. It was uncomfortable, exposing her thought process, to cats she wasn’t too familiar with, but neither of her parents were available as sounding boards. Duckstar had been the best at parsing out her meaning on one of her benders, but he wasn’t available, and that was the root of the matter.

Hopefully the oncoming torrent of words wouldn’t be met poorly. It was only a half moon worth of late night worrying expressed in a pawful of heartbeats.

“Clearly, something is wrong with her. We don’t know what. Illness, mental or physical, demands treatment. The... situation... with...” Nackblight. “...Blacknight and Cottonpaw. That raises its own questions. Before she went to the Moonstone, she followed the Code, right? As much as any warrior, anyways. And she was, as far as we know, her same old self when she left. Grieving, but... we all were.” Are.
    “And this sort of anger doesn’t just happen overnight. So what changed? Did something happen on the trip, or when she got her lives?”

Then, a far far worse possibility occurred to her. While she didn’t like to think it, much less say it.... Or is this a side of her that she’s just kept hidden so far? And if it is, why is she exposing it now? Why not wait until she’s solidly in power, assign a false deputy until Blacknight can legally be a deputy, play the long game — if that’s what she’s been doing all along. Then depose or otherwise dispose of the fake deputy and have her buddy at her side uncontested. It would be, what, an extra moon or two? Harewhisker is a well-respected npc warrior, but he’s old; the ideal deputy if you didn’t want a good deputy for long. Duckstar is too fresh in our minds for her to afford undermining herself by going haywire like she is. I don’t understand, there’s no thought to any of this. I have all day, every day to think in circles, and I can’t make heads or tails of any of what she’s doing!”

She sank her claws into the bedding, eyes wild. When had she started bristling? Irrelevant.

“StarClan has to know. That has to be why they contacted you, Coldpaw. There are about three dozen easier ways to seize power — trust me, there’s very little for me to do but sit here and plan — and she’s blown past twice that many opportunities to stabilize her support base that I know of. A cat who has managed to conceal her true colors for so long, long enough for my father to make her his deputy, wouldn’t throw all that away at the first opportunity. So we’re back at square one.”
    Breathless, she sank down into her nest. Stars, but this sucked. Overthinking was her specialty, and still Shrike hadn’t been able to get them any farther towards understanding. Ineptitude, again. Delightful.

{out of character}

Edited to make it suck less and also get Shrike’s customary thinking-wordvomit up to parr ^_^’

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shrike. ().