RANK AND TITLE DISCUSSION

Check out the Court of Halcyon, holy knights of the Bleak Wilds and a growing unboarded proclan who aim to bring peace and order to Agrelos!
  • Hey everyone! This is just a place to discuss the current ranks and titles, as many people felt that the ones we've got are too similar to Solaris Kingdom + Shadow Veil! Once we start to come to settle on a couple of main ideas, I'll probably set up a poll or something similar to see what's the most popular and go with that!!

To start us off, here are some that Keda came up with!!

RANKS

(Samurai based ranks) - based somewhat on SK’s set up but with more emphasis and important on the war aspects of the clan // I feel it’s best to simplify the rank names as multiple people have felt we are to similar to SK/SV

LEADER - Emperor

LEADERS MATE - Imperial Consort

DEPUTY - Chancellor

MILLITARY GENERAL RANK (new/an idea) - Shogun (in charge of hosting raids handling millitary aspects of the clan and dedicated to the Emperor entirely)

(((Krystal: maybe a diplomatic counterpart to have a split between social + military parts of the clan?

ASST. DEPUTIES - Daimyo

HP - Samurai

sHP - Ronin

MEDIC - Just Medic or Shaman

MEDIC APP - Just Medic apprentice

REGULAR RANK - Peasant

APPRENTICE RANK - Squire

SPECIAL TITLES

Titles in the Dynasty mean more than in other clans in formal meetings members are always referred to by their highest title earned ie; Duke Joe

Duke/Duchess - Has earned 5+ Titles and been in the Dynasty for 6+ Months

Marquise - Has been with the Dynasty for 6+ Months and shown their loyality

Count/Countess - Has earned 3+ Titles

Viscount/Viscountess - Has earned 2+ Titles

Baron/Baroness - Has been in the Dynasty for 1+ Month

REGULAR TITLES

VISIONARY - Awarded to the creative minds that are brimming with ideas and making events/activities.

STRATEGIST - Awarded to critical thinkers and planners, typically in matters of war or politics.

SOCIALITE - Awarded to the outgoing individuals that are friendly, welcoming and inclusive to others.

COMBATANT - Awarded to the Dynasty's elite fighters.

HERBALIST - Awarded to Medics and regular members that have extensive knowledge of herbs and healing.

ELITE - Awarded to member who’ve hosted 3 or more events/raids

LEGENDARY - Awarded to members who have taken down powerful foes

TURNED INTO RUINS, OUR MEMORIES INTO ASHES

CRUMBLED SAND CASTLE, WHO'S A LIAR?

INFORMATION ALL OPINIONS IC RPED BY ~KRYSTALKOOL~

• hey!! poppin in to say these rank names are looking great! it really sounds different and more aligned with the dynasty's current theme in the guide! maybe medic apprentice could also be called medic trainee or just "trainee" since regular apprentices are already called "squires" ?

anyways!! loving these changes haha!

• ok while i do love the idea presented im a little hesitant to say it should be implemented?? i know a handful of people (though theyve left the site at this point) who would be instantly turned away from the group upon seeing "dynasty" and "bamboo forest" and "feudal japanese hierarchy",,,, while personally i dont think it is insensitive at all i do know that some people may interpret it as a bunch of weebs who dont know what theyre talking about if that makes any sense sdlkfjdsk

it may also be nice to pay more attention to the military-based ranks of dd's past !! while im also not really a fan of military hierarchies (imo they feel a little out of place in agrelos but thats just me being myself sldkfjslj), i know a lot of ppl miss that sort of hierarchy, so maybe something like this would be decent??

im not tryna say "we need to do one of these or the other" and like i said i dont even especially vibe with military themed ranks,,, but i think having a balance between shogunate-style stuff and military-style stuff might be good ;0

also. on another note. i do love them titles omg!! maybe we could make a tradition out of it combined w the crystals in the territory and like?? have members wear crystals on them that show their rank & titles ?? idk

• I legit had no clue the ranks could come off like that :,0 i think that's more others issues sadly

I'm not the biggest fan of military ranks either but i do know alot of people like em and i think a very slight blend would also be good! I do think we should have a defined theme though 100% like all the ranks should feel like they blend together as in the interest check that was one of the biggest issues we had!

OOO i'd love the crystal idea that's really neat!

SO YOU WANT TO PLAY ROUGH IN THE PARKING LOT

SEE YOU ACTING TOUGH BUT I KNOW YOU'RE NOT

EMPEROR OF THE DARK DYNASTY | STORAGE | PLOTTING | PENNED BY KEDAMONO

• i'm always late to the party, but here's my -2 cents,,,

i kinda like dd going in a more Chinese way then Japanese just because, in the past, i think it was used before (with hawkclan/volary flights, and i think colouredclan/pb might've tried to do it before too? i can't remember that far back...) although i can't remember if it was successful or not. plus it goes with our territory and how things are already named, as well. if we're going to have themed ranks, i think titles should also follow that theme, or be kinda vague. so if we went for Japanese styled ranks, but had European based special titles it looks... out of place for me . i definitely think adding in jewelry made out of the crystals for the members to wear to show rank/title would definitely be good!! regardless, i do think a theme is in order for dd! on top of that, i think it'd be interesting if we did get in on more conflict with other clans! like the war on proclans, and even in personal conflicts with our allies! (like with the conflict rn going on between thunderlands and cartel) we could also have positive engagements with others as well of course! maybe dd could start a specific alliance with the proclans left even and give it a name. alliances and such could also be reconsidered if we wanted c':

random ramblings;;

- i think we should stay proclan

- i actually really like our group name! and since i like conflicting themes, our name + our proclan theme is A+ in my books

- playing more on what our group name is ; adopting a family like view as a group because of what being a dynasty means. example: a big ceremony for, like, big promotions! esp for deputy/second in command ; where the leader could like recite a passage to them, where they say they're a reflection of the leader's name, and the group, and that with that power they hope they go far or smth

- ranks could be voted for in like a sort of ic manner among hps. 'like such and such is doing well and has shown immense promise for this path in life, etc'

- as well as an empathize on family, there could be some placed on reputation and just being a good member of the clan. and treating others w respect, esp to those that have a higher ranking then you! and addressing them by their rank name in formal situations or if y/c isn't close to that specific character or smth

- the clan could develop like some superstitions or spooky lore or smth??

- the healer role could develop also a religious one/a guidance role? instead of following a specific religion, however, maybe they could just be very in tune with the spirits and etc of the dynasty? they could potentially be prophets or smth for the clan! give good omens, bad omens, bless litters, see things, etc etc

LEADER: EMPEROR/EMPRESSES

LEADERS MATE: NOBLE CONSORT

DEPUTY/NEXT IN LINE: CROWN HEIR

HEALERS: IMPERIAL HEALER

HEALER APP: HEALER ASSISTANTS

THIRD IN LINES: SECT LEADERS (these ppl would specifically manage the branches of military, diploma, and medicine)

HP: NOBLES

HP: HEAD GUARDS / JADE GUARDS

SHP: GUARDS

as for titles, i'll try to think of some to add into this hot mess

They think I'm dangerous and I might agree with that

When everything I touch will break, loving you is my escape

「aether go deo | played by happeh | all opinions ic」

• lowkey replying just so the topic stays fresh lmao

> hawkclan/vf does have a history of japanese style names !! i cant say for colouredclan/pb cuz ive never played there for longer than like a week at a time oop, but i think going more towards "military with vaguely chinese theme" or smth would be good ahhhh

> since so many other clans have adopted religions/more spiritualistic tendencies as of late, im kinda hesitant to add it to dd?? i think expanding on the familiars idea and maybe having the healers also be in charge of that sorta thing would be good (or just having a rank otherwise for it), but i dont vibe with it unless we can think of something really unique for it :0

> also i love the idea of voting for some ranks !! having a nomination system for the division heads, then leaving the rest of the hierarchy as normal would work really well imo !!

okaey heres a take on the hierarchy + titles taking everything from above into consideration, trying to blend together the chinese idea w the military stuff:

LUMINE EMPEROR: leader, + keeping lumine from the current structure cuz i think its cool

IMPERIAL CONSORT: leader's significant other, not actually a rank

CHANCELLOR: deputy

ADVISORS: asst. deputies

JADE GUARD: normal hp

SCHOLAR: shp, name based on how much exams were used to determine worth in china's meritocracies

//

CAPTAIN OF ___: the heads of each division, "captain of warfare" etc. hp, but can also hold other high positions

//

SURGEON: medic hp, separate from the captain of the medicine division

NURSE: medic apprentice, shp??

//

GENTRY: normal rank

• Wow, I'm late to the party >->
    Well, here's my opinion anyway if anyone wants it.

I really like the military theme being blended with the Chinese or Japanese theme. It brings the feel of old DarkClan in it's peak, it's noble, it commands respect, but it also brings in this fresh, new, feeling. When the interest check was posted, I remember seeing a lot of people saying they missed old DarkClan as well as people saying how they enjoyed the theme change. While I don't think we'll be able to please everyone, having some kind of compromise/blending could help.
    I agree with Happeh that it should stay largely as a Pro-Clan/ justice seeking clan. I imagine them as the sort of anti-heroes of Agrelos, if that makes any sense at all. I'm really digging Puzzle's ideas. Those blended with Keda's are *chef's kiss* yes, quality ranks and titles.
    Another thing I would like to add that was touched on: ceremonies and traditions. Apprentice ceremonies/loyalty ceremonies are some of my favorite things to see. It really makes it feel like the group is a group and is organized and not just a bunch of people living in the same space under one name. I really think this is something that should be considered, because it could really aide in drawing people to the group. Personally, I'm more likely to join a group that has a lot of organized activities and events going on rather than one that's just a sort of free for all. Events that signify characters moving ranks or growing up could be really cool milestones of development.

Okay, that's all from me <3
    I hope that any of this made sense at all lol

eAQmqb5.gif

now that you don't have eyes, maybe now you'll realize

WITHIN YOUR OWN HEAD, YOU’RE CREATING THESE LIES

DARK DYNASTY | FEMALE | 204 MOONS | PENNED BY XANADU

• I would like to see things stay along the justice seeking avenue, personally.

And I also quite like the rank names, especially with going back to the Emperor as being the leader (since when I led with Dettlaff we had the Obsidian Emperor during that time, as we were partly based around precious stones as a secondary theme to the rank names at the time).

And I definitely echo Xanadu about the milestones and events as it does make it more interesting to have traditions within a group. Also makes it more exciting to play a younger character through to adulthood if there are things to make the journey more unique and memorable. So, things like special parties for pregnant individuals, a coming of age thing as a child becomes an adult, leader ceremonies, etc. Maybe even a way in which one binds themselves to the DD (like the Exiles with their brands, and the Cartel with their chains).

5bf4bed83cbbf59caa72eb352cbb9242c61ce2a4.png

VAL MANCINI-ROSSI

"Don't Make Daddy Mad"

• i'm smeepy so im just glancing thru but !!! i like the idea of mixing the military and Chinese themed names. the ones in the OG post i'd change a bit--some of them aren't super clear on what they'd represent (ronin, daiymo, etc)

i specifically like the idea of mixing crystals into it (jade guards), though i feel like itd be nice to have it expanded throughout the entire line of hps, not just have a couple of gem themed ones and thats it

dittoing the stronger push for a family dynamic

i like the push for titles, i wanna see em implemented, my only concern is that people dont' really understand the line of nobility and royalty (like idk how many people would know a duke is higher than a marquis, etc, just a random example). from my experience making things as easy to understand can be key to good integration

ill add more to this if i remember tomorrow when i can actually read

cloudwatcher - wc deputy | calamity & damascus - bloodclan | zacharie - dark dynasty

17 | they/them | mod (open to pms) | traditional warriors server | lgbtq+ server | commissions

"IN YOUR HEART SHALL BURN AN UNQUENCHABLE FLAME

ALL - CONSUMING, AND N E V E R SATISFIED."

• OKAY this is really late please axe me but mannn I really love that blend of Chinese and military esque ranks together hh

These are all very cool + I also very much like the idea of crystals to show ranks/titles!! And the ic voting thing sounds very nice yes!!
    We're definitely going to try to push more for the justice-seeking clan sorta thing once the important threadTM is finished up seeing as,,, 1004 is definitely not aggressive enough to do such a thing (SO LIKE Louis is gonna drive that instead ahhh)!! I'm super excited to see how things go

AND!!! AS FOR THE TRADITIONS!! We actually do have some of those-- I think?? the ones at the forefront of my mind would be the pledging ceremony (for mistknights) + the coming-of-age one?? THAT being said, I haven't actually written them down properly in the guide yet (because uni is an infinite time-drain gsjDH) buT I'll give a quick run-down of the traditions and ceremonies I haven't finished writing up yet!! I'd really love some feedback/ideas! AnD also now you've mentioned it, what are thoughts on some sort of ceremony when someone becomes the leader? I wasn't too sure on this initially bc I could see it being very similar to sk's crowning ceremony but??? thoughts??

anywaY!! the traditions n stuff in the guide;;

>Court
    This one is basically all written out in the Diploma division hub, I just wrote it out later than the actual guide and then never ended up copy-pasting it:

"When a trial is in order, this Division is in charge with running trials and ensuring that they move along smoothly. Generally, the Dawnbringer is the judge while members of the division are the jury, with stronger members tasked with security.

As with tradition with the Dynasty, the suspect is required to defend themselves as the defendant. Someone from the clan is able to vouch for the defendant's innocence to help their case, along with help defend them. However, with the pervasive belief in the Dynasty that one is "guilty until proven innocent", it is dangerous to vouch for a defendant unless the member is absolutely sure, as on a guilty verdict, it can damage the member's prestige/honour.

In extreme cases, appeals to the Lumine Emperor may go through, with the Emperor becoming the judge instead of the Dawnbringer, though the Dawnbringer will act as adviser to the Emperor in such situations."

-In this line, perhaps like Happeh said, that reputation n stuff becoming n important thing??

>Pledging Ceremony
    "Upon promotion to Mistknight, a formal ceremony is taken place where the Mistknight is required to pledge their service to the Lumine Emperor. "

so basically just that-- and I was thinking something along the lines of the Mistknight coming up with their own 'personal vows' to uphold (though I hadn't quite figured out if it were to remain a secret or like??? read out to the congregation) + the Emperor accepts them/acknowledges the vows and gives the Mistknight their blessing??? Kinda a rough idea, but that's about where I was heading with it

-so, we were thinking about some sort of rehearsed lines with this!

-and with the blessing! perhaps this is where the crystals can first come into play to show that they've gone through this ceremony (a traditional sort of thing??)

-I'm thinking as you move up the ranks either the crystal changes OR you kinda??? get more? if that makes sense??

>Coming-of-Age

This one is when you come of age, so around 6 moons/months, you need to go and harvest materials of your own (bamboo and crystals specifically) and from what you collect, create your own personal weapon. Probably before actually taking the ceremony/tradition, you'd definitely be trained by those who are v. good at their craft and can kinda give you tips n tricks, but after making it, you present it to the Emperor and the Emperor blesses it for you

I was thinking that the weapons are to be thought to be some sort of reflection of yourself? And due to the blessing are more durable than regular weapons, though still an be broken. And in the case of the weapon being broken-- or wanting to be modified due to it not reflecting yourself any longer, you can repair and rework it, though it would need to get re-blessed. So all its life, the weapon should only be worked by your character and therefore has thought to kinda??? carry a bit of your spirit/soul with you?? idk this last paragraph abt the tradition is some rough thoughts I've been having about it!!

>Funerals
    Nothing too special, but the weapons made from the coming-of-age tradition get used as the headstone for the deceased-- and since each weapon tends to be heavily tailored to each individual, they're generally unique?? Still probably paints/etches the names of the deceased onto the weapon before being set as the stone. Apart from that, there's usually a party to remember the deeds of the deceased?

>Tomb-Sweeping Day
    Basically a day where they mass-take care of the graveyard, make sure its all pretty, all the headstones are fine, repairing things that need to be repaired... Generally offerings are left for the deceased + members pray to the deceased that they're familiar with?? kind of a sort of spiritual day? Definitely a day of peace, pls no fighting fgjDH ActuaLLY on that thought, maybe it can be a specific day thought to be auspicious for like??? resolving conflicts and such?? maybe idk??? random idea I just got haha

-(this refers to both Funerals + Tomb-sweeping day) there could be a certain thing like when the events ended they light candles and blow them all out except for one which they leave in the middle of the grave yard or something?? as a way to say "this candle is for our dead members"

>Weddings
    We were!! thinking it'd be neat for it to be a festival or something!! Like maybe a week-long event or something, as the Dynasty cares for unions and weddings are rare!! A massive party/celebration sorta thing since it doesn't happen often

oh oops I better get back to studying now dshFJGF

TURNED INTO RUINS, OUR MEMORIES INTO ASHES

CRUMBLED SAND CASTLE, WHO'S A LIAR?

INFORMATION ALL OPINIONS IC RPED BY ~KRYSTALKOOL~

• With traditions we're very interested in hearing everyone's opinion and seeing how ya'll would like to see them implemented!

• i don't think I quite understand what u mean in the HP Rank paragraph??

uhh but going off what I think ur saying, i really think every role should have a gem name or none of them because it's just gonna weirdly stick out imo 0':

ill think abt the traditions in a bit

cloudwatcher - wc deputy | calamity & damascus - bloodclan | zacharie - dark dynasty

17 | they/them | mod (open to pms) | traditional warriors server | lgbtq+ server | commissions

• I'm not a big fan of adding extra every rank with a extra title sadly :,0

tbh it might be smarter to get rid of the gem idea entirely to make things less convoluted and the simplify traditions to focus on the others

SO YOU WANT TO PLAY ROUGH IN THE PARKING LOT

SEE YOU ACTING TOUGH BUT I KNOW YOU'RE NOT

EMPEROR OF THE DARK DYNASTY | STORAGE | PLOTTING | PENNED BY KEDAMONO

• idk i think itd depend on the ranks themselves?? :0c

simple gem names (like opal, jade, topaz, easy to remember stuff) might make us stand out a bit more imo! but yeah i agree it should be either or not a mix