Against The Odds (Sled dogs | Sign up | Limited spots!) Run With Us

Check out Ivoria in Agrelos! They are an evil backboard group situated on the waterway. Successful completion of a trial is required in order to join. We have a great OOC community and would love to have you!
  • giphy.gif

The registered teams are all lined up and the biggest sled dog race of the year is about to begin. Mr. Jackson Mareno and his professionally trained team are ready as they'll ever be, they've been training all year for this race and both musher and dogs are certain that they can brave the Alaskan wilds and be the first to reach the finish line together! However, disaster will inevitably strike along the way and the team will be stranded and wounded in the snow miles from human civilization. Man and dog must work together to survive, or at least try to thrive as long as they can in the wild. Jack may not ever make it home, but maybe his dogs will have a chance. The starting gun goes off...

IN TRIBUTE TO

Eight Below, Snow Dogs, Togo, Alaskan Wilderness, White Fang, Call of the Wild, and all the doggos I've ever had on my sled team before I retired

The Rules

• All Feral Front rules apply here
    • ~:Wanderer:~ is co-owner, respect and listen to him
    • Classic no power playing or godmodding and all that jazz
    • Only two dogs per user, one male and one female
    • Only one wolf per user, any gender
    • The above two means you can have up to three characters, and no more than that
    • Northern and sledding breeds only. The musher is a professional and wouldn't put doggos who can't handle the northern terrain on his team. Exceptions can be made if the dog is a mutt but the northern/sledding breed percentage(s) must be more prominent than the other breed percentages(s)
    • Try to use Alaskan / Inuit names for the dogs. It's not required, but appreciated
    • Real dog and wolf pictures please. No anime or drawings
    • No tame / friendly wolves =-=
    • Two wolfdogs allowed, no exceptions
    • No wolf X dog romances. Some of the wolves can be nice to the dogs and like them, but the majority will rip them to shreds
    • Wolves are unlimited, but there are only twelve dogs and one musher
    • Male dogs go on the left side, females on the right. So that means a perfectly equal gender ratio for the dogs. This formation always worked well for me when any of the females were in heat and prevented dogs of the same gender from harassing each other (minus a couple heel-nippers - I'm looking at you, Nanuk, rest in peace old boy)
    • You are allowed to swear
    • It's entirely possible to be killed in this roleplay. Be careful out there, sledders!
    • You may reserve spots as you please, but reservations only last for a day since the form is very short and simple
    • Please don't join the thread and never post on the rp or post a couple times and then ditch without warning. This messes up a lot of things in the rp
    • If you sign up but never post on the rp, your character will be removed from the list and the spot will be reopened
    • Bottom line, let me know if you will be inactive and why before disappearing
    • If you end up ditching the rp at any point without warning, your character will be assumed to be dead and the roleplay will continue without you
    • I do not and will not tolerate OOC drama of any kind on my threads
    • Play fair! Your character isn't any better than the others. Remember that
    • The dogs have to be old enough to pull the sled, so no super young dogs or puppies just yet
    • The dogs must be able to work efficiently! So that means no blind, deaf, or otherwise physically disabled dogs. I am aware that deaf dogs can be sledders (I've trained two deaf dogs before) and I've heard of a blind dog on a team once, but none here please at least not to start out with
    • The dogs can become permanently injured via roleplay and pups may be born with disabilities though
    • None of the dogs on this team are related in any way save for mated pairs
    • Being your own mate is not allowed
    • Both dogs and wolves can have two to four pups. No more than four but never just one
    • Put "Mush!" in other if you actually read these rules!
    • The roleplay will start once we have a full team + the alpha wolf
    • Try to have fun, because that's all I want for all of you and that's why these rules are in place

THE TEAM FORMATION

Lead dog M - Lead dog F

|

Swing dog M - Swing dog F

|

Team dog M - Team dog F

|

Team dog M - Team dog F

|

Team dog M - Team dog F

|

Wheel dog M - Wheel dog F

|

Sled

+

Musher

---

Alpha wolf

Beta wolf

Other wolves

DOGS AND WOLVES

(and musher)

2/2 wolfdogs

(one reserved)

Atka - Ulva

|

Tehoronianhen - Tapeesa

|

Siku - Siqiniq

|

Kallik - Qinniq

|

Dakota - Amka

|

Frontier - Meriwa

|

Sled

+

Jackson Mareno

---

Kalama

Nanook

None

CREATION FORM

THREADS

Roleplay: Click here

Plotting: Click here

The musher and female lead dog are my characters. Go ahead and post characters while I get mine set up, and feel free to invite anyone who might be interested in this!

• Brave men do not kill dragons

Image result for dragon rider quotes

Brave men ride them

Please consider helping my dragons grow <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Evengaline ().

• I'll likely have these two done later tonight or sometime tomorrow morning

ShatteredDimensions wrote:

I'm never gonna come to terms with the fact these zombies can open doors. They can run, that's a nice twist. They can climb, thats cool I guess. They can sniff you out, that's honestly terrifying but okay. But they can opEN DOORS HELL NO???? Even in the future when we're all floating brains in jars driving spaceships I'm still gonna be dunking on Kushala's bs smart zombies that can open doors

The post was edited 2 times, last by Kushala Daora ().

• I always thought

I might be bad

Now I'm sure that it's true

Cause I think your so good

And I'm nothing like you

a0KSyxR.png

The post was edited 1 time, last by OGTenby ().

• They look great, but I stated in the rules (it's an easy one to forget or accidentally skip over tbh) that I would like all the dogs to be unrelated save for mated pairs ^^

• Fixed it! Sorry for that.

I always thought

I might be bad

Now I'm sure that it's true

Cause I think your so good

And I'm nothing like you

a0KSyxR.png

• agouti01.jpg%20
    "You mess with my team, you deal with me."

Name
    Dakota

Name meaning

"Friends,"" Friendly","allies"

Nicknames
    Koda

4 years old

Breed
    Alaskan husky

Personality
    Dakota is extremely faithful to his team and owner. He would go out of his way to protect everyone and would even put his life on the line.

History
    Being a stray on the streets for his first year of life, Dakota grew up not trusting anyone. Once he found his family he knew he had to sacrifice everything for them as they did for him.

Romantic Interest
    Open

Mate
    Open

Pups
    Open for later on

Position
    Team dog

Plot Ideas
    I want him to get hurt protecting if possible :P lol nothing fatal yet though

Other

Mush!

10162017191701_IMG1617.JPG
    "Leave now or you'll get my fangs in your neck."

Name
    Nanook

Name meaning
    "Polar bear"

Nicknames
    Nan, nook, nookie

5 years

Personality
    Nanook is uptight and more kept to herself. She despises almost everyone except the alpha and a few others. She has a hatred for the snow dogs and their human.

History
    Almost killed by hunters as a pup, nanook swears she will kill any human or sled dog she sees. When she was almost a year her family was killed by humans. Seeing as the sled dogs work for humans she chooses not to trust them either.

Romantic Interest
    Open

Mate
    Open

Pups
    None

Position
    Beta wolf (?)

Plot Ideas
    Maybe assissiting in hurting some sled dogs? :3

Other
    Mush!