Cult of Legends | p |

Check out the Court of Halcyon, holy knights of the Bleak Wilds and a growing unboarded proclan who aim to bring peace and order to Agrelos!
  • NOVA PRINCE

"Rise up and make this city glow"

"Perfect!" Nova said, clapping her hands together. "Let's go find out what we're dealing with, eh?" She led the way, following the pipe at a jog. The undergrowth had been cleared out from either side, so they could move quickly and easily in the direction of the pipe.

"I wonder what this thing is for," Nova shouted over her shoulder. "Maybe just water...maybe something else..." She hoped it wasn't something sinister, but she doubted it. It was just a pipe, after all.

Sinnohan | The Celestial Queen

• source.gif

Kiata Thompson

"What we're doing here ain't just scary

It's about to be legendary"

Kiata returned Jet and quickly followed after Nova, and then suddenly frowned to herself. Why am I following her around? Kiata was hardly the follow-the-leader type, and yet here she was. She quickly jogged to catch up to Nova, choosing to move along at her side instead. "Could be sewage, if they don't care about where they dump it." Her nose wrinkled slightly at the thought.

Cobalt was following closely behind, which made Kiata remember that Briar hadn't returned yet. I wonder if he's still out there looking.

Hoennian | Partner: Briar the Sceptile (Mega)

"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

• NOVA PRINCE

Nova opened her mouth to answer when Thor barked sharply and crouched. Nova dropped to her knees, peering through the foliage even though she doubted she'd be able to see anything. Thor growled softly and prowled forward through the bushes. He cleared the way, and Nova followed, checking over her shoulder to make sure Kiata was following.

Thor stopped under an overarching fern. Nova squeezed in beside him and gasped. A hidden door set into the cliff face, and a pair of guards out front. "Look at this," Nova hissed, wiggling to the side so Kiata would join them. "We found it. That's the Team Cult logo."

• Kiata Thompson

Kiata ran along Nova as best she could, sliding into the space beside her at the space to view the cliff. Her eyes settled on the guards and the door momentarily, before slowly gazing up to the top of the cliff. There perched a Sceptile, Briar to be exact.

It didn’t really surprise Kiata, and her assumption was that it had been Briar and Jet’s plan. Briar was stand guard, Jet would lead. Of course, Jet didn’t end up being necessary due to Cobalt and Thor, but it’s not like they cared. Granted, it was hardly like Briar standing guard was necessary either. Still, Kiata would rather they feel like they’re helping.

“So, what’s the game plan here? We trying to go in guns-a-blazin’, or what? There’s a chance we can knock them out and then sneak through the inside...” Kiata glanced to Nova, checking to see what her thoughts were.

"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

• NOVA PRINCE

"We definitely need to sneak in," Nova said, tapping her chin with two fingers. "I don't want to draw too much attention to us. We could get overwhelmed, especially by another Legendary."

Nova glanced over at Thor and nodded. He nodded back and launched himself out of the bushes, teeth bared. One of the guards opened his mouth to shout, but Thor bowled him over and electrocuted him. The other guard, Thor left for Briar as he turned to face the doors, in case of reinforcements.

• Kiata Thompson

Briar appreciated Thor leaving him an opening, and dropped down from the cliff right behind the guard and struck him hard on the back of the head, knocking him out. The Sceptile let out a brief “Scep!” of victory, but quickly shut his mouth and looked down sheepishly, as he had forgotten that Nova was here too. Seeing as how Thor was facing the door, Briar did do, prepared for any reinforcements.

Kiata moved out of the bushes and ran across the open space until she got to the cliff, positioning herself along it so should somebody come out of the door, they wouldn’t see her unless they specifically looked. Cobalt was right on her tail.

• NOVA PRINCE

Nova raced after Kiata and chose to duck behind the wall on the other side of the doors. She peered around the corner, watching, waiting, but no reinforcements appeared. Either they had discovered a side entrance, or they had remained undetected.

"Right, then," Nova said, stepping up to the door. "Let's get this bad boy open, shall we?"

Nova examined the door. Steel, probably controlled from the inside. Nova stepped back and waved at Thor. If he could electrocute it, maybe jumpstart the locking mechanism.

"Thor, use Thunder. As quietly as you can," she said. Thor growled and launched a little bolt of electricity at the doors, just enough to mess with any technology. Nothing happened.

Nova frowned and looked back at Kiata. "Wanna try with Zeraora, or do we just break down the door?"

• Kiata Thompson

”Bella could maybe quietly bend the doors back with Psychic?” Kiata offered up, drawing out the little Meowstic. “You heard what I said, right Bella?”

The Meowstic gave a growly meow in response before unfolding her ears, the tops becoming surrounded in a pink aura. Slowly but surely, the doors started to crumple a bit, and bent inward. A gap slowly formed between the doors, and Bella stopped once there was slightly more space than a human needed to fit through. The sound had been relatively minimal, just the hollow creaking from the metal.

• NOVA PRINCE

Nova clapped her hands together. "Right, then. Good job, Bella! Let's get going, shall we?" She trotted into the well-lit hallway, Thor in tow and took the lead once more.

The hallway didn't branch off for a long, long while, and had no decorations other than the occasional wall panel locked from the outside. Nova tried getting into the first four before she gave up. They were probably nothing more than power couplings and were therefore of no importance.

They reached a crossroads of sorts. Three more hallways, all identical to the last one, branching off in separate directions. And they had run into no one.

"Kinda creepy," Nova remarked as Thor peered down each hall, then shook his head. "You'd think there's be more people here."

• Kiata Thompson

Kiata followed after Nova, right behind Thor, Briar and Cobalt in tow behind her. She’d recalled Bella before they had entered, figuring the Meowstic wouldn’t be necessary for now.

Kiata stayed silent for most of the trek through the hallway, pausing whenever Nova did and watching her try to open the wall panels. Her thoughts aligned with Nova’s in thinking that the panels would probably end up not being important.

“Maybe this isn’t their main facility? Or I guess everyone could be off somewhere... Or we just haven’t reached them yet. Who knows, but I imagine we’ll find out soon enough.” Glancing at the crossroads, Kiata pulled her cheek between her teeth for a moment before looking to the left. “My vote is left, but, your guess is as good as mine. I guess we could split up, but it would get pretty hairy if we run into anything.”

• NOVA PRINCE

((Maybe they do split up and Kiata has a solo encounter with Ryker, so I can set Nova aside for a little bit))

"True..." Nova said, tapping her chin. "We would cover more ground, though, if we split up, and we've got powerful Pokemon with us. We should take advantage of an empty facility to do as much snooping as we can before the alarm goes off."

Nova reached for her belt and pulled out her Pokegear. "We'll trade numbers. That way, we can keep in touch. You've got one of these, yeah?"

With her other hand, Nova reached for her belt and pulled out a second Pokeball. In a burst of light, Pele appeared, peering curiously around at the hallway. Thor padded up to her and growled in greeting, and Pele patted him on the head. She noticed Briar and Cobalt, and bounded towards them, scrutinizing the Lucario more so than the Briar. Another Fighting Type. In Pele's eyes, she saw a potential sparring partner.

• Kiata Thompson

(Sounds good!)

"That's a good point, actually." Kiata did have a Pokegear, one of the various gadgets she'd picked up along the way, and so she pulled it out as soon as Nova asked. "It shouldn't take too long for one of us to get to the other if there's trouble, anyway." She quickly inputted Nova's number, and then gave her her's. Kiata was itching to get going, and shuffled slightly so that she could stand in the opening of the leftward hallway. Noticing Pele eyeing Cobalt, she gave the Pokemon a few moments to get acquainted.

Briar and Cobalt both had mild interest in the Infernape, but as soon as it was clear that Pele wasn't all too interested in Briar, he shuffled over to Kiata with hardly a sideways glance. Seeing that Pele was a fire-type, Briar didn't have too great of a desire to get acquainted, although his competitive side always liked a good challenge.

Cobalt was much more polite, giving the Infernape a nod as she approached, and a soft "ra" in greeting. He could tell she was sizing him up, but it didn't bother him at all. Like Pele, he too would like a sparring partner. Currently, Zeraora was all he really had, and Zeraora was tough. It would be nice to compare himself with someone else for once. Maybe someday they'd have the opportunity.

• NOVA PRINCE

((I should make Ryker a fancy, which might take a fat second))

"Right," Nova said, putting her Pokemon to her side and calling Pele and Thor back to her side. "See you in a minute." She saluted Kiata, smiled and took off at a jog, Pele and Thor racing along behind her. She chose the hallway that went straight from the one they had left, choosing to plunge even deeper into Mount Ember and Team Cult's strangely empty base. Had they known Nova and Kiata were coming? Nova shuddered to think what that would mean for them.

From a control room hidden away, a young man with snow-white hair laughed maniacally. "Never again, my dear. You'll never see her again." He rose from his chair, snapping his fingers as he went. He exited the room, but not before pressing a big red button.

The screens all flashed red: Self-destruct in 60 minutes

• Kiata Thompson

(I keep telling myself I'm gonna make Rhodan's fancy before I actually need him so i don't have to rush, but......... my procrastination)

Kiata and her two partners moved at a brisk pace down their chosen hallways, blissfully unaware of what was ahead of them but still on a fairly high alert. As they moved, Cobalt began to speak up a bit, making idle chat while still paying attention to their surroundings.

"Nova actually seems a lot like you, Kitty. But it's a little weird seeing somebody else taking charge, for once." He was being honest about the similarities between Nova and Kiata. From what he'd seen thus far, Nova was as driven as Kiata is, and just as competitive.

"It feels weird following somebody else, actually. But its nice, not making all of the decisions." Kiata's mind had slightly begun drifting off as she stared at her Lucario. Hopefully Nova and Kiata's time travelling together would be kept short, because it would be hard to hide how close she and Cobalt were for long. Their connection was on a deep, emotional level. He was her main companion for years, and the only other voice she 'heard' for weeks on some occasions.

Cobalt's voice then broke through her mind again. "I actually think there's somebody up ahead..."

Their walk slowed as they tried to quiet their steps, peering ahead cautiously...

• RYKER LANCASTER

"Everybody loves a show off"

((There really is no rush. I made it before this post, so))

Ryker stepped out into a large, empty chamber used for Pokemon battles, watching a portable screen in his hand as the trainer named Kiata and her Lucario ran towards their doom. He grinned to himself as a laugh rumbled at the back of his throat. He'd have such a fun time, wiping the floor with Kiata and leaving her to be consumed by the destruction of this base.

"Are you ready, my dear Tiamat?" Ryker asked, softly, tucking the little device into his pocket as he spied Kiata and her partner through the open doors.

"Wile!" Tiamat said happily, clapping her hands together and tossing her jaw behind her like one would toss its hair.

"Then, spotlight!" Ryker said with a clap of his hands, and all the light went dark except one near the door, to follow Kiata into the black room and her end.

Sinnohan | The Dream Lord

• Kiata Thompson

Even though she could swear she could see something up ahead, Kiata allowed for Cobalt to take the lead, and Briar brought up the rear. Maybe I'm more of a follower than I thought. She had thought to herself, blissfully unaware of what they were walking into.

They walked through a set of doors, and into a more open space. Kiata couldn't tell how big the space was due to the darkness, but she felt she could sense a presence, yet she wasn't certain.

Cobalt, however, was. He made sure to keep his body in front of her and summoned up an Aura Sphere between his paws as he glared into the darkness. "A man, and a Pokemon... Mawile." He had closed his slitted eyes, focusing intently with his aura to locate the two figures.

• RYKER LANCASTER

((Oof, me responding to these threads has not been good. Super sorry))

Ryker pouted as Kiata and her Pokemon entered the room, and the Lucario used its aura to identify who was in the room. Way to ruin the surprise. Ryker scowled and decided he'd had quite enough of giving Kiata the spotlight, so he snapped his fingers, and all at once, the lights returned, a blinding shift which had absolutely no effect on Ryker, though Tiamat did rub her eyes.

"Greetings, peasant!" Ryker shouted, flinging his arms open. "Welcome to Mount Ember! And one of my many, many homes."

• Kiata Thompson

(Omg tell me about it. I love the threads its just so hard to have the energy to write something for each one)

Even though Kiata had already been in some light, she still flinched when all of the lights came on. Briar and Cobalt remained still, the Lucario holding onto his Aura Sphere as the two of them glared across the room.

"Did you just call me a peasant?" Kiata's eyebrows furrowed and her mouth formed a small 'O'. He certainly looked quite done up, and the first word that came to mind when she tried to explain how he looked to her was extra, but she'd hardly stand to be called a peasant any time soon. "I'm guessing this makes you this cult's leader. What are you doing here all alone?"

• RYKER LANCASTER

((I know! I honestly love making characters and all that, but RP posts? My muse is out the window))

"But you are," Ryker sang, a big smile on his face as he shrugged. "You see, I have money and power. You have, what, a Lucario? Please. I've sold those. They really aren't worth as much as you think. Everyone's got one these days. I'd hardly make a dime off yours."

Ryker folded his hands behind his back and rocked on his heels, that same smile frozen on his face as though it were a mask. It looked slightly off...too manic and too wild to be considered genuine, which it wasn't. Ryker had never given a genuine smile in his life.

"Now, then," Ryker said, tapping his chin what one finger. "What ever shall I do with you and your girlfriend, hm? Oh, I know! How about I paint these walls with your insides!"

And from seemingly nowhere appeared Morrigan, dropping down on Cobalt for a Drain Punch as Tiamat shot across the room, the jaws on her head full of fire as she moved to clamp down on Cobalt with an equally-effective Fire Fang.

• Kiata Thompson

(Sameee)

Kiata was ready to retort when the attacks came for Cobalt. She quickly side-stepped so that she was no longer standing in Briar's way, while at the same time Cobalt made a few quick decisions. He could only counter one attack, and his Aura Sphere would be better off used on the Mawile, and so he launched it at her and her incoming Fire Fang just before the Hawlucha's Drain Punch landed between his shoulder blades, knocking him down and forward slightly with a grimace on his face.

But Briar was rushing in, tail coated in Iron, and as soon as he was close enough he jumped while bringing his tail around, aiming to slam it into the Hawlucha and send her flying.

With a brief moment to speak, Kiata continued to step back from the fighting Pokemon as she looked across the room to Ryker. "What the hell does that mean?!"