Cult of Legends | p |

Check out the Court of Halcyon, holy knights of the Bleak Wilds and a growing unboarded proclan who aim to bring peace and order to Agrelos!
  • Love~Life

-- Muse A and Muse B are some of the best trainers in the world

-- A new organization bent on becoming gods have arisen known as the Cult of Legends (everyone calls them Team Cult because they're just a bunch of fanatics)...until they start capturing and using Legendaries.

-- Muse A and Muse B are known partners with Mythical Pokemon

• "Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

The post was edited 9 times, last by Love~Life ().

• Yeah definitely! Are they gonna be in the finals in a tournament or something? Or maybe like a televised "sparring match" but they're way too competitive to stick just to sparring.

And i keep putting off making fancyposts whoops

"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

• I'll probably just keep the format I was using for the other thread until I get up the energy to fill out the fancy code with Kiata's stuff

"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

• Maybe our characters are an exhibition match, instead, for a junior league or something? But then it gets really intense by accident, which is fine because the kids love it and the officials are worried they'll have to replace the entire stadium. Could be a double battle, too, for fun

• NOVA PRINCE

"Rise up and make this city glow"

((I shall))

The crowds roared as Nova stepped out onto the field, beaming and waving her arms as she basked in the cheering. They chanted her name—her trainer name—as she made her way to the appropriate side of the field, already fiddling with the two Pokemon who would showcase in this exhibition match. The tournament officials had asked for nothing too extravagant, so Nova and the other trainer had promised not to use Mega Evolutions or their Mythicals. They were here to put on a show. Not duke it out.

Still, Nova had never faced Kiata in battle before. They had never been in the same region at the same time until today. The Indigo League. The oldest tournament in history. Well, the junior version, anyways, for young trainers who dreamed of tackling the challenge of the Elite Four. Nova smiled. At long last, a trainer of the same standing.

Nova planted herself on the ground and spun to face the crowds, back to the field as she continued to wave and smile and blow the occasional kiss as she awaited her opponent. The announcer was busy rattling off Nova's achievements, though it wouldn't be long before Kiata's entrance would steal the show.

Sinnohan | Partner: Pele the Infernape | Team

• Kiata Thompson

Kiata hung back for a moment, knowing she could walk out onto the field and steal some of the spotlight for herself. She could tell Nova was enjoying the attention, and so she didn't want to end the excitement too soon.

Still, Kiata herself was quite excited. Yes, she had promised to keep the battle relatively light, but this was a great chance to battle a trainer that was her caliber. She'd do her best to behave, but... She was a bit of a wildcard at times.

She shook her head, clearing her mind. Behave. She reminded herself. Now's the time. Taking in one deep breath, she let the air out slowly as she began to walk out onto the field. On her heels was her Sceptile, Briar, as he often refused his Poke Ball. She had no intentions of using him in the battle, but he liked to spectate, plus it was a good learning experience most times.

As she came into view, she broke out into a smile, waving to the cheering crowd who's focus had mostly shifted to her, as just her finally appearing drew attention. While she walked, she gave a few exaggerated bows, laughing off the attention even though she was internally loving every second of it. She was quick to cut the joking around, though, reminding herself that she should probably try to be more of a role model and less of a cocky jokester. Taking her place at her end of the battlefield, she chose to stick to smiling and waving, rotating to ensure she waved to as much of the crowd as possible.

• NOVA PRINCE

((Kiata doesn't have a trainer title yet, so I made do, but maybe Red _____ or ____ Red because her outfit is a lot like, well, Red))

Nova mostly stopped waving when Kiata walked out onto the field, tailed by a Sceptile. Nova had heard of the Sceptile—Briar, if she remembered from the articles she had read—and he was a beauty. Nova would have gushed, if she didn't have a battle to prepare for.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" roared the announcer over the cheering of the crowd. "Welcome to the Junior Indigo League! We have a treat for you in store today: an exhibition match between Nova Prince of Sunyshore City and Kiata Thompson of Dewford Town! But you might known them better by these names!"

The screens on Nova's side exploded in a shower of stars, the title Celestial Queen written in glowing golden letters. Nova grinned and waved at the crowd again as they went wild for her and Kiata. Oh, how she loved this!

"Now then, ladies," the announcer said, his attention on the trainers. "This will be a double battle. Each trainer will be allowed two Pokemon. Now...ARE! YOU! READY!"

• source.gif

Kiata Thompson

"What we're doing here ain't just scary

It's about to be legendary"

(oh gosh I forgot about the trainer title. The Red Rose! She's pretty but quite prickly.)

Kiata's eyes were practically sparkling as she turned and looked up at the screens on her side - The Red Rose plastered on them in glowing red letters. When she had chosen that name a few years ago, she had been a bit concerned that it was a bit too 'pretty' for her, but the thorns on roses are to be feared, and so was she.

She relished in the crowd's renewed excitement as they cheered again, this time for the both of them. Kiata smiled and waved again, rotating on her spot once again to wave to as many as she could. She refocused on the field at the sound of the announcer calling out the few terms of the battle. Kiata didn't look at him, though, instead focusing on Nova across from her. "I'm always ready." She smirked, reaching down and clicking two Poke Balls off of her belt, pressing the button for them to expand from their traveling size. In her hands were the balls for Drogon and Cobalt, a duo she didn't necessarily prefer to use, but Drogon's ability to fly gave her some diversity in strategy. Preferably, she'd use Cobalt and Jet together, but that limited to mostly physical attacks.

Hoennian | Partner: Briar the Sceptile (Mega)

• NOVA PRINCE

((Well, now I need to step up my fancypost game! And I like the Red Rose. It's pretty.))

"Ready or not, here I come!" Nova shouted, tossing a Great Ball and a Pokeball into the air. "Onyxia, Thor, come out and dance!"

In twin bursts of white light, Thor and Onyxia lunged out of their Pokeballs. Onyxia unleashed a mighty roar and took to the skies above Thor's head as the Luxray, his fur crackling with electricity, yowled for the arena to hear. The cheers they received were wild, and no one was surprised to see Thor on the field. The Luxray always called dibs on the first battle.

"Show me what you go, Rosie!" Nova shouted across the battlefield. "Let's have some fun!"

• Kiata Thompson

(Well I had to make it look nice and be all detailed and stuff after taking so long to make it lol)

At the sight of her opponent's Luxray and Salamence, Kiata sucked in one of her cheeks and lightly chewed it, huffing out of her nose a bit. The Luxray she should've predicted, Thor, pretty well known for going first in the Celestial Queen's battles. Not a good start for me, what was I thinking? Her facial expression quickly changed as she released her cheek from her teeth and her lips formed into their more natural state - a confident smirk. With that, she tossed up both of her Poke Balls, the white light that poured from them quickly materializing into the forms of Drogon and Cobalt.

The orange dragon-like Pokemon let out a raspy roar as his eyes locked onto Onyxia, his competitiveness immediately ramping up, his wings beginning to beat just enough to lift him off of the ground. At the same time, Cobalt glanced back at Kiata. He received a decent amount of cheers from the crowd as well, but his focus was on his trainer. "A Luxray and a Salamence? Not looking good from the start."

"Cobalt, I'm aware of how bad this looks. I have a plan. It's fine. As for you-" Kiata kept her voice low as her attention turned to her clearly aggravated Charizard. "If you don't listen to me, I swear to Arceus... You two need to stick close to each other." She cleared her throat, then spoke loud enough to address her opponent. "I'll only hold back a little~!" She winked, but didn't speak any more. Nova could have the first move.

• NOVA PRINCE

((Wham! My caffeine-induced masterpiece))

While Thor basked in the applause and bounced around like a kitten with his tail lashing back and forth, Onyxia proceeded to roll her eyes at Drogon. She often found herself facing Dragon Types when Excalibur was being saved for last, and she often found they wanted to size themselves up against her. Make themselves more fierce. Personally, Onyxia thought it was ridiculous, and thanks to Keldeo's explanation, Nova understood that, too.

"Let's do this," Nova said, pumping her fists. "Thor, get your head in the game and use Electric Terrain!"

With a roar, electricity surged off Thor and raced over the field, infusing the ground with lightning as Thor forced the field to play to his advantage. Onyxia, overhead, was untouched by the change of scene as electricity crackled all around Thor. He bared his teeth in a feral grin at Cobalt and dropped into a crouch.

"And to start it off," Nova said, "Onyxia, Flamethrower on Lucario!"

Onyxia opened her maw and unleashed a devastating torrent of flames at Cobalt from her position in the sky.

Sinnohan | The Celestial Queen

• source.gif

Kiata Thompson

"Drogon, cover!" Kiata shouted as quickly as she could, trusting the Charizard would act fast.

And fast he moved, using a single powerful thrust of his wings to cover the distance between himself and Cobalt, taking up a position in front of him, and then turning his back to the flames as they hit him. It was a powerful attack to take on full force, but the partial Fire-Type was obviously resistant to the Fire-Type move.

"Okay guys, we've got to get that Luxray out ASAP. Drogon, Flamethrower. Cobalt, Bone Rush." Kiata called out, crossing her arms over her chest as one of her feet began to tap the ground.

Once the fiery attack had ended, Drogon pumped his wings and lifted up about fifteen feet into the sky, turning to face Thor and then unleashing a torrent of flames from his maw. Cobalt hesitated a few brief moments as he stood, paws together, and then spreading his arms as he formed a bone between them. He took grasp of it, then began to run at Thor mostly under the cover of Drogon's flames. The hope was that if Thor could dodge the Flamethrower, Cobalt would be there to get him with the Bone Rush. If Thor didn't dodge, then, Cobalt would still close the gap and take some fire damage himself as he attacked.

• NOVA PRINCE

Nova clenched her jaw and exchanged a knowing look with Thor. She nodded. There was no other way to dodge the Flamethrower without getting hit by Bone Rush. She had promised to keep this battle calm and avoid any devastating explosions. Plus, this might add fuel to Kiata's already cocky attitude, and Nova wouldn't mind using that to her advantage.

Thor dodged underneath the Flamethrower and charged Cobalt, electricity crackling over his fur. He bared his teeth and roared as he ran headlong into Cobalt's Bone Rush, an attempt to intimidate and also to see if he was fast enough to dodge. A test. A test which failed, for Thor dodged the first swipe, but not the second and went flying backwards across the ground.

In the meanwhile, Onyxia had shot up above Drogon. Nova shouted, "Thunder Fang!" Onyxia dove down towards Drogon's exposed back, lightning crackling in her maw as she opened it wide to snap down on the Charizard whose attention was on the Luxray below. Thor wasn't the only one with Electric Type moves.

Sinnohan | The Celestial Queen

• Kiata Thompson

Cobalt watched as the Luxray went flying backwards, immediately wanting to capitalize on the situation. "Aura Sphere!?" He mentally called to Kiata, who responded promptly.

"Yes, Cobalt!" Kiata threw out a hand to the field, calling upon Cobalt even as her eyes were watching the sky. Her eyebrows furrowed, watching as her beloved Charizard let out aggravated and pained roars, the Salamence latching onto his back. She trusted he could take it, but he wouldn't be able to take more than two or three electric-type attacks. "Turn, Drogon! Dragon Claw!"

Cobalt was quick to obey, a large, bright blue ball of aura forming in his paws. He then thrust it forward, launching the sphere of energy at the Luxray. Drogon, too, moved quickly. It was the general theme of her team; fast hard hitters, but with soft defenses. The Charizard's claws on one hand extended, glowing a light green color as he attempted to twist out of Onyxia's grip and slash at her with Dragon Claw.