~I'm hunting you~

Check out Ivoria in Agrelos! They are an evil backboard group situated on the waterway. Successful completion of a trial is required in order to join. We have a great OOC community and would love to have you!
  • Plot~ Fox and a hound, hunting dog and it's prey, red of the forest and the hunt. A hunting dog, slightly neglected by the hunter is set out after the hunter hurts or injured a fox. Instead the hound protects the fox or lets them go for some unknown reason.

Society of Strays

VIXENS STORM

Willow was waiting in her caged in dog house listening to the rain sprinkling down outside in the early morning. She whimpers hearing the hunter's back door open and slam shut, hearing the jingle of metal on his side meant her chain was in hand also the clicking of his rifle on his back meant a hunting trip. Staying hidden in her house she watches at her hunter unlocks the door and steps in calling her out. She hesitates before padding out as tall as she could, remaining still as he attaches her chain around her muzzle and leash to her harness. She licks her lips tasting the chain, she always hated it only reason she had it was so he could control her. With a yank to tighten in Willow yelps to the pain only to get smacks "Shh! We're huntin close to the house today" he hisses before leading her out into the woods. First they were going to check if any of the traps were set off if they were then easy picking, if not Willow would have to practice some tracking. She could sense her hunter wanted to kill something today, glad it probably won't be her.

d4b2615edf034853aade43fc7fd47099--sunsets-beautiful.jpg

THE WILD HORSE IS WHERE I WANT TO RUN,

BEAUTIFUL, MYSTERIOUS, AND FREE.

Will have spotty activity ・゚★

————— June 8th through 10th

• 534e3183a4b1089fd7ae5aa2b73b7e6c.jpg

F A L C O N

Falcon lifted his slender muzzle to the air, inhaling the quiet atmosphere. There was no breeze this morning, and it made him uneasy. The male's hackles prickled as he scanned the quiet forest, his black nose twitching. His large ears swiveled, straining against the silence, trying to pick up any signs of danger. He was always cautious, a habit he had picked up after the brutal murder of his sister. It was time's like this when the fear crept back into his heart. Without being able to rely on the wind to bring him the scent of predators, Falcon felt miserably alone and vulnerable. The fox gave a rough shake of his pelt, as if he could physically rid himself of the feeling, before trotting deeper into the forest. Perhaps he could find a bird or a rabbit to busy his anxious mind and keep him from the dark thoughts that threatened him.

"She was free in her wildness. She was a wanderess, a drop of free water. She belonged to no man, and to no city." - Roman Payne

Follow me on Insta :-* @365.days.of.alex

• VIXENS STORM

Once checking all the traps, they were empty and it made Willow very uneasy as her hunter growls not liking he had no prey. Getting up he yanks Willow's chain "track!" was the only word she understood after all his other words. She plants her nose to the forest floor, sniffing the dirt, the bushes, even tree roots until sensing a little scene that happened maybe a night or two ago. It was a new scent that she was unknown little did she know it was fox. She barks lowly to her hunter before following the scent with him following her. He even let her chain good, letting it quietly rattle along the forest floor. She picked up the pace wanting to find the source of this new scent forgetting her hunter was even with her. Ear raised up, tail wagging as her paws were begging to break into a run to find this creature. At heart Willow will always be a sweet pup but she did look a little scary on the outside especially with all her gear on. She pauses when she lost the trail, lifting her head to the air giving it a whiff no breeze. That made it harder so she trotted in a large circling trying to pick it up again.

• Falcon's mahogany optics spotted a robin pecking excitedly at the earth, perhaps occupied with a worm. The male slowed his pace, dropping to an instinctive crouch as he watched the bird. The prey had no idea he was there. Running his pink tongue over his nose, the fox crept closer, looping around a bush to sneak up on the feathered creature. Once a few yards away, Falcon bunched up his hindquarters, his tail wagging excitedly, before pouncing. He caught the bird in his jaws, but held it there softly. It chirped shrilly, afraid for its life, and he felt its muscles strain violently as it fought to escape. A soft chortle of glee escape the fox's throat before he spat out the bird. He watched it fall the ground and immediately burst back up, taking off into the air in a flurry of cheeps and feathers. The male hadn't been hungry, and felt no need to actually kill the robin. He instead enjoyed practicing his hunting skills from time to time simply for the fun of it. He watched as it disappeared into the treetops, a smirk on his face. That was when he became aware of another sound. The male had been so preoccupied in his own fun that he had forgotten about the lack of wind and the possible dangers that dwelled on this earth. He perked his black-tipped auds, listening intently. There were footsteps, and the faint sound of something snuffling. Falcon backed quickly into a nearby bush, staying as quiet as possible as he tried to figure out what was nearby him.

"She was free in her wildness. She was a wanderess, a drop of free water. She belonged to no man, and to no city." - Roman Payne

• VIXENS STORM

Willow sways her body when freezing to a rustle of a bush near by, she perks up and slowly creeps around a tree. Sniffing along the edge of a bush as her hunter aims his rifle. She was unaware he was readying the bullet to fly when finally catching the scent, it was right there in front of them. Lifting her head to warn her hunter only to hear the roar of his gun, spatting out a metal bullet straight into the bush. Everything felt still as Willow waited to see if she was right or the creature had gotten away. Concern coated the canines face for within the scent was past blood of prey animals most small meaning thus creature was a small predator. If it got injured which getting away she had a chase in line also meaning a fight in the end, not looking forward to that.

• It was a wolf! No, not a wolf. Not quite. Falcon's crimson orbs were wide with fear as he spotted the sleek canine moving around, searching for him. The she-dog snuffled vigorously, and he knew that she was on his track. But, was she hunting him? Canines rarely hunted other predators for prey. He'd never been chased by a coyote, nor had he ever seen a bear try making a meal out of a cougar. The male shifted in the bush to get a better look, and felt his blood run cold. He'd seen one of these before. They accompanied humans. Those two-legged monsters that had killed his sister...

Falcon felt fear spike through his system. He needed to get out, and fast. But, before he could make a dash for it, there was a booming noise and a sharp pain clipped his shoulder. The male gave a yelp of agony, and immediately leapt into action. Despite his aching limb, the fox ran swiftly albeit blindly through the forest. He was overcome with fear. He was now the prey, and he knew it. That was a gun, he knew it. It's what had killed Love. Would it be his own demise as well? No, no, he couldn't possibly have that terrible fate! He leapt and duck through the forest, ignoring the burning in his shoulder, his feet digging wildly against the earth as he ran, trying to escape whatever was pursuing him.

• VIXENS STORM

A flash of firey red burst from the bush running for its life. For a canine Willow didn't have much of a prey drove bit fear always trumped that. With a hiss in his roar her hunter ordered her to follow and kill. A fox pelt would be good money for the man if it wasn't too damaged. The Dane growls in response, tensing her haunches before bounding after the fox. She’s never met a fox before, where they mean like a badger or simply clever and fast. Shaking her head Willow had to stay focused especially when blood hit her nose triggering her instinct of prey drive. She barks hounding down after the fox, her powerful build allowing thin branched and forest life to now stop her. Any roots or thick brush she easily leapt over. Maybe if she caught the fox her hunter would he nicer to her, thats if she can catch him. The fox came into sight making her excited and charged forward, baring her teeth.

• The panic grew like a wicked seed inside of the fox, spreading to every inch of him until he was practically blubbering with fear. His maw was wide, panting manically, and his orbs wavered wildly around as he tried to quickly spot the best course for him to run along. He was losing though. He could hear the hunter behind him, the dog's long, strong legs carrying it faster and faster as it pursued him. And he was wearing down. Perhaps if he hadn't been wounded, Falcon could have gotten away. He was always a smart creature, and was very fast and good at hiding. But the throb in his shoulder was wearing him down. He could feel the blood oozing out of him, much like he felt he could see his lifespan shortening. The dog was close behind him now, he could hear and feel its presence. At last, he misjudged the height of a fallen tree to leap over and his hind paw snagged it, sending him tumbling. He yelped as his hurt shoulder ground into the earth, but immediately got back to his feet and whirled around with a snarl in his throat to face his predator. After his stumble, he knew his last hope was defense. There was no more running he could do. He cowered low to the earth, his large ears pinned against his neck, and growled as viciously as he could possibly muster at the canine.

• VIXENS STORM

Taking a daring glance behind her Willow saw her hunter was now following the chase. She slows a little almost not making a tree, when landing to see the fox had stopped. Watching s moment she growls in response to its terrifying defensive state. She stood tall and walks closer her growl just a warning now, her nose twitching as she sniffs it over. Her eyes did not show she wanted to kill or even be out here, the scars on her body easily showed she was forced into this work. With her prey drive dead the dane stops a few feet from the fox and sits wagging her tail. Ears up and body a bit relaxed, weird yes but her hunter wasn’t watching so she wasn’t going to kill it. But wont let it go either. Offering a friendly bark she moves so the fox would corner itself against a giant tree before sitting once more.

• The fox's heart pounded against his ribcage, so violently he could hear it in his auds. His dilated pupils were fixed on the she-dog, his expression contorted in mock-aggression when the only emotion he was truly feeling was fear. The dog was larger than he was, and no doubt trained in killing his species. He sat rigidly as she sniffed at him, his teeth bared and his muscles taut. He was ready to fight her if it came down to it, but he wasn't going to make the first move. He was already injured, and his chances weren't looking good.

However, the mood suddenly shifted as the fae turned friendly. Her tail wagged in pleasure, and her maw panted in kindness. The fox raised an eyebrow of speculation. However, as she moved nearer to him, he quickly backed up until he felt his rump hit a tree. He flinched, knowing he was cornered. But, the hound didn't seem murderous, much to his surprise. "What, do you like playing with your prey before you kill it?" He hissed at her, his voice quavering slightly due to his high nerves.

• VIXENS STORM

Willow tilts her head to hearing the fox speak to her, she's never been able to speak with another animal "Oh wow!" her eyes lighting up. She automatically went into play bow only to quickly collect herself, she sits tall looking down to the fox "No...I just don't like killin or really even huntin'" answering him, her voice had a proper accent mixed with country added to it. Sounded sad when she spoke "But I can't let you go or I'll get beaten again" a small whimper ending that phrase. Raising her head up to sniff the air hoping her hunter was far, he was. She chased this fox deep into the forest. Maybe, she could let him go but he was still hurt and didn't want to leave him injured. The Dane stood up and moved away from the fox so he didn't feel pressured to remain against the tree, she lays down now panting with her tongue hanging out. More tired than she gave off, she was always tired. "Is the bullet still in there?" she questions him rather knowledgeable on bullet wounds, still was gruesome if they didn't cleanly in and out. No longer a threat to him but if her hunter showed up Willow would be forced to chase and kill him for sure.

• The fox watched the dog cautiously. He didn't trust her, but her behavior was odd for something that had just tracked him down and chased him. Was she a predator or not? She claimed she didn't like killing. He allowed his hackles to soften slightly, although he stayed on guard. "You don't like the human?" He inquired. He was surprised to hear she would get beaten if she didn't perform the task. It made his hatred for two-legs run even deeper. They forced canines to murder other animals against their will! It was disgusting. He gave a small snort at the reality. He was grateful when she gave him space, and he quickly moved a few steps away from the tree. He didn't like feeling cornered. At her question, he cocked his head. "Bullet? What's that?" He asked. His adrenaline was so high he'd partially forgotten about his badly injured leg.

• VIXENS STORM

Willow watches him, closing her mouth to his strange question of what a bullet was. She chuckles raising back onto her feet "It's small ball like thing that is shot from a gun, it can kill any animal if the hunter is skilled enough" walking closer to him. Her head was low as was her tail wagging just a little. "I can't help you escape if I can't make sure you will heal, now look at your shoulder, you see one hole or two? If there is one then I'mma have to get the bullet out" she explains. She was a few feet from him, laying down trying not to scare him for he easily could run away now which would active her prey drive again. He was smaller than she thought but easily could see the predator in his eyes, betting he felt like prey at the moment. Suddenly Willow's ear perk up and she stands again, nose to the air her body tensed up but she forced herself to relax. Her gaze returned to the fox waiting for his answer.

• The male continued to eye her nervously. He didn't want to trust her, but he saw that he had no choice. At the mention of helping him escape, the fox immediately perked up. That was the only chance he had at survival at this point, and he was gonna take it. He looked quickly down at his shoulder, wincing with pain. "I only see one..." He whimpered, disappointed. He still didn't entirely understand the concept behind bullets, but the fae made it sound like having only one hole in you was worse than having two. It didn't entirely make sense, but once again... He would have to trust her on this. "What now?" He asked, looking back up at her.

• VIXENS STORM

Willow growls a bit, swaying her head in a way of hesitation "Gonna have to get it out" getting closer to him. She presses her giant paw on his side "Hold still, please" telling him in a tender tone. Leaning down she licks his shoulder to find the wound "this will hurt but will help you heal" using her tongue and teeth to fish out the bullet in his flesh. Once getting it she spits it out and let him go, sitting back and licking her jaws to clear the blood. "You okay?" she asks sounding worried she hurt him then looks around for something to stop the bleeding. She gets distracted again, perking her ears up and looking behind her tensing up again before looking back at the fox and relaxing.

• Falcon instinctively flinched as she moved towards him, his haunches bunching in preparation to leap away, but he made himself hold still. He felt her place her paw against his hide and start nuzzling him. He turned his face away from her, trying to ignore the pain as she begin digging into his shoulder. He whimpered, but held his ground until she pulled it out. When at last she leaned back, he gave a large shudder and shook out his bloody pelt. His foreleg was entirely scarlet. He tried to not look at it. "I'm okay... Thanks." He forced a smile despite his anguish. It was then a noise rose up, the sound of a stick breaking within earshot. It had to be the hunter. He looked towards the she-dog with wild, worried eyes. Would she save him?

• VIXENS STORM

Willow turns around, facing away from him and braces herself "Run, hide, whatever get out of sight!" she snaps as her hunter came into view. He looks at her and narrows his eyes seeing blood on her maw, some on the ground but no fox. Raising his gun he uttered some words before striking the Dane in the head with the back of his rifle. Willow yelps, stumbling to the side as the blunt force hit her shaking her mind a bit. She blinks her eyes staggering to remain standing at she recollects herself while her hunter attached her chain once more around her mouth and hooked to her harness. Feeling him yank her to his side "Track!" he snaps at her adding a cruel word to end of that order. Willow twitches her nose, she didn't want to, she wanted to go back into her kennel and hide there forever. Also her sense were out of whack after he hit her with his gun, her head was still ringing from the pain.

• Falcon heard the sounds of the hunter getting closer and knew he needed to flee. "But, what about you...?" He began to question, but by then the hunter was nearly within range of seeing him. Falcon flinched, frightened, before turning and galloping into the forest. As he sped away, still partially limping on his damaged foreleg, he heard the sound of the hunter abusing the poor dog. The fox slowed his pace, feeling sorrowful, and threw a glance over his shoulder. Bushes and trees covered him, making it impossible for him to know what was happening, but he wished there was a way he could help her. She had been so kind to him, and had in return been beaten. The fox frowned unhappily, hating humans more than ever. He tucked himself into a hollow log and perked his auds to try and listen to the scenario going on outside.

• VIXENS STORM

Willow shakes her head and tries sniffing the ground but it made her head hurt, she whimpers sitting down. She was ready to return to her kennel even if that meant she was gonna starve for the next few nights. The Hhnter jerks her toward the blood, pressing her head down into the small pool making Willow wiggle and yank herself away only to meet the end of her chain. She whines feeling it cut into her skin around her muzzle but she still pulled and wiggled as the hunter fought her. She wasn't going to track that fox, she just saved his life. Finally with much pain and effort she pulled the chain off her muzzle and out of her harness too, realizing she has lost alot of weight since she had it put on her. Her ear move back against her neck, growling to the hunter as he aims his gun at her "You stupid hound! I should've shot you long ago!" the hunter hisses ready to pull the trigger. Willow stares at the gun, down to her gear then to her hunter, she didn't want to die. With quick movement she bound over a large bush and took off, her large clumsy hunter charging after her.

• Falcon heard the sounds of a struggle happening. The yelps from the poor she-dog, and the angry foreign language of the human filled the ear. The fox shuddered, longing to return the kind favor the hound had given him but not knowing how. Humans were evil, but powerful. It seemed unlikely a small beast like himself could ever stand up to one. Then, suddenly, the dark-furred canine was bounding through the trees. Falcon could see her headed in his direction, the hunter in slow pursuit but waving his dangerous weapon around. Before he knew what he was doing, the fox bounded out of the den.

"Hey! Over here!"

He called. The sight of the hunter coming towards him made his blood run cold.

"Follow me!"

The male pivoted and took off into the forest, praying that the she-dog was following him. He was slower than she was due to his injured limb, but even a wounded fox is often faster than a healthy person. He ducked and dodged through the trees and bushes. He was an expert at maneuvering the woods.