seesaw game - p, hito

• If I can't have wings

I'll just have to make the sky fall —

HITO

The fog that covered the canyon border was completely natural, cool rain mixing with the warm earth as the spring sun had finally shown itself, a soft hum of a nameless tune, unbeknownst even to the one who's lips it escaped from, coming from the side that was not quite Exiles territory, but edging closer and closer, dangerously so.

Soon, that fog would find lower ground as the winds came and pushed it into the canyon, limiting the Exiles sights. With Rhapsody back safe and sound in the Flights, there had been no true need for one such as Noelani to be here, especially considering how she was, surprisingly enough, the least likely to go out of her way out of her own free will to help a clan member, even if the personality that she wore suggested otherwise. Ever-helpful Noelani, quietly doing things out of her own self-interest, or on a whim.

How disappointed the Flights would be in what a cruel child she really was, even if she tried to run away from her own desires. The hum continued, soft and soothing, contrary to the woman's muddled thoughts.

I'm so sick and tired of trying

because this world will never see

tags. | played by Mirror's Edge

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Hito found himself out in the territory rather frequently, deciding that nature was much more agreeable than the bloodthirsty creatures that he bunked with. The mist that flowed through the forest contrasted the warmer days of early spring which they had been frequenting, but he didn't have it in him to complain. There was something calming about the cool fog that hazed the world around him, serving as a buffer to his own wandering thoughts. He lingered in it like a ghost, padding around the landscape as a silhouette in the gray, searching through the trees for spots of golden sunlight filtering down from the sky.

While his vision was obscured to a certain distance by the mist, it did little to hide the unfamiliar scents of creatures wandering where they ought not to. Catching a whiff of jungle rains and bird feathers, he was reminded instantly of the duo of bumbling children that wandered into the territory a day or two ago, and he was worried that one of them decided to come back. Hito weaved around the undergrowth in order to hone in on the trespasser, but as he neared the illusive figure it was clear that it was not Rade or Alby there causing trouble.

The feline squinted through the fog, peeking past as his paws carried him closer to the Volarian. Ears perked, he caught wind of a song wisping through the forest. A gentle, pretty humming from a young voice; a figure obscured by the heavy mist. He paused. What if this were a ghost he were chasing? A specter haunting those that did it wrong in the world of the living. He wouldn't hold it against the dead. Many spirits probably had every right to hate the members of the Exiles.

His mother told him never give his name to the spirits of the forest; it was an invitation to steal away his soul. If anything, he should have just left it alone, but something was pulling him forward. Maybe that was the spirit's plan. Maybe it was his guilt, his fear of the dead that had yet to haunt him, his desire to show his retribution. Maybe there wasn't even a spirit at all. Whatever the case, Hito peered through the figure in the mist, resigned to whatever fate was meant to fall upon him. "Hello?" he called. "Who's there?"

☾*: THOSE ILLUSIONS WILL DRAG YOU INTO IT

EXILES / TAGS IN BOOKMARKS / PENNED BY BELLUS

• If I can't have wings

I'll just have to make the sky fall —

Who's there?

The smallest of smiles played upon her lips as she took note of the voice, firm but wavering at certain notes. Noelani drew closer, the mist managing to bolster her own confidence, even if it was too thin to keep her properly hidden, blue eyes sparkling with anticipation for what was to come. "I don't know. A fairy, a wandering spirit, a bear. Who knows what I could be, hm?" She was edging closer to the border where the male stood, now, testing her limits, waiting for when she'd be told off, so she could retreat and loop right around again, see how long she could keep the game and conversation going until she was run off. Not very long probably, even if she was good at the game. "What about you? What are you? You're a bit too scrawny to be a bear, uh-huh."

The feline at the border seemed like somebody who could be knocked over, even by Noelani, who was probably only a little bit bigger than him. Didn't radiate an aura of brute strength, oh no, even if looks could be deceiving, pale blue gaze watching every movement that the male across from her made.

I'm so sick and tired of trying

because this world will never see

tags. | played by Mirror's Edge