STABLE POINT > JOINING

• ★ ★ ★ enjolras isn't quite sure what pulled him to this lonely mountain group . perhaps it was because tragedy followed in his wake , the the idea of asylum made him believe that maybe , just maybe , he could finally find peace here . the flights had always been his home , he'd been raised there , had risen up to leader . he'd pulled them from just a handful of close - knit family to a slowly booming group . he'd seen so many good times within that warm jungle , but now all he could taste was blood on the wind . the blood of so many stolen clan mates , of so many lost siblings . of his own child , broken body returned from a former lover who's ledger is soaked in crimson life force . enjolras couldn't stand to be there any more than needed , so he'd run . he'd run as he had before , coming to the calm border of the haven and trembling just slightly . he didn't know if he could outright leave the flights , he'd promised his clan mates that he wouldn't be going anywhere when he left , but all he could see was noir , broken and bloodied . maybe here he could finally know peace .

no matter how many times the thunder hits

I WILL GO BEYOND THE DARKNESS WHILE SINGING

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

enjolras harbringer kowalki | vf : ryuku & sv : nightwatcher | storage hub/info

• THERE IS A CERTAIN BEAUTY IN SETTING THE WORLD ON FIRE

I had been through a lot. My home had been destroyed by a volcanic eruption months ago, over a year ago now, and I'd been separated from my family, from my brother. Had assumed them dead until I had come here. Ninja had been the one to find me, snuggled against a headstone against the snow and wind, and then I'd received word that my brother was alive. Kai. I didn't know it, but my brother had been adopted by the very man Enjolras spoke of so... painfully. And then he'd disappeared, and he hadn't been seen since. A shame.

Like Enjolras, I had a home that didn't bring me any comfort anymore. Wind Haven had been my home for nearly my whole life. Two years old now, twenty-four months, and I'd come here as really only a pup, only seven months old and completely feral. I didn't know what had changed it for me, I used to be so happy. Maybe it was finding Wilhelmina lying dead in her own home, granted she had returned in the body of a young feline. Maybe it had been returning to find that Cassiopeia was gone. Maybe, it was returning to find that everything had changed, from the attitude, to the people.

Nevertheless, I stayed. I stayed because it was my home and I loved and despite it all, despite their changes, I loved the people here, too. I would always stick by them, I didn't know whether I would ever be able to leave, or even think of another place the way I thought of Wind Haven. Which is why I was still here, still vigilantly patrolled the borders the way I had before- only, now I didn't follow after Cassiopeia like a lost puppy. Now, Cass wasn't even here. I didn't know whether I would ever get used to her absence, whether it was simply her presence not being here, or her wit and sarcasm, or her dry humour or- I just missed her. With all my being, and more.

It was with these thoughts that I came across Enjolras. Their scent carried on the wind, causing my steps to speed up. It's not entirely unfamiliar, the Flights and the Veil were both places- and people- that I had come across many a time on my journey through life. I just didn't know if they were hostile. I'd eventually come to a stop before the new person, angling my head to face them- I wasn't using my power, I couldn't see. "Name and business, please."

"AND WATCHING FROM THE CENTER OF THE FLAMES"

THERE IS A BITTER TRIUMPH

IN CRASHING WHEN YOU

SHOULD BE SOARING

• I DON’T BELIEVE WHATEVER THIS IS —

Absinthe was the next to approach, slowly and cautiously just as the stranger waiting on their border did. Unlike Enjolras and Loey, she wasn’t sure if she’d ever come to think of a place as ‘home’. The child didn’t feel like she belonged anywhere, never felt wanted where she stood. If she should never have been born, then how could she ever find a fitting place in this world?

So, the apprentice walked carefully, uncertainly with every step. She stopped beside Loey - Well, in line with him, but giving him and the stranger a wide berth. Staying well out of the way. She glanced momentarily up at her Clanmate, who’d asked a question of the silent, sorrow Enjolras. Absinthe didn’t have anything to add, so she returned her gaze to the ground and remained quiet too.

*:・゚✦ — UNTIL YOU BURN ALL OF THE WITCHES

inactive on mondays + tuesdays

• ★ ★ ★ his own definition of home had been slowly evolving as he grew older . it was no longer just the place he was born and raised it ( though it would forever be in the jungle ) . home became friends , moments , lovers . as much as he may feel stranded by recent events , he knows he as a multitude of others he can fall back on . atlas , freya , feliks , kira . kira , the man who'd been held at such a distance when he led the flights who had somehow become his lover . the mono - eyed man felt like home , and it was honestly a surprise he hadn't pulled the blonde along with him on his little excursion to the haven .

the midnightbringer had duties , though enjolras knew he would drop everything if he asked . he nearly did , when he found the ragdoll trembling in the wake of shocktherapy's note . the idea that someone was behind him was a comfort , though clearly the ragdoll was still unhinged by everything . " enjolras , looking to stay here . not sure for how long . " maybe he would only come here as a getaway , maybe he'd stay . maybe he'd fade away weeks after joining .

• THERE IS A CERTAIN BEAUTY IN SETTING THE WORLD ON FIRE

Enjolras? What a name, I thought, albeit it sounded vaguely familiar. Maybe this guy'd been some person of importance somewhere, maybe he still was. The real question is, is he looking for protection? or for a home? I can both feel and smell Absinthe's presence, literally and figuratively, as she comes to stand slightly off from myself and the newcomer, and I offer her a haphazard flick of my tail and a nudge of my chin in her direction as sole greeting, considering I'm addressing the new guy. "Enjolras, huh? Spanish, I like it. So, you stayin' as a ward or as a member?" it's an essential question in a situation as this one, where I'm not sure where one begins and the other ends.

"AND WATCHING FROM THE CENTER OF THE FLAMES"

THERE IS A BITTER TRIUMPH

IN CRASHING WHEN YOU

SHOULD BE SOARING

• TAGS ✦ ✧ ✦ — Everett loved accents. They were something that fascinated him, beautiful and unique in his ears. They reminded him that there was a world beyond what he knew, that there was something that he could do to get away from the memories that haunted him. The memories of beautiful eyes and haunting soul, of a voice as sweet as honey and as angelic as Ev could ever imagine. Accents were windows into other worlds that frequently, Ev desired so badly to explore. However, he always came back to home whether it be with his brother or Pierce, home was where the people that he loved were.

Everett had only recently gotten back from another asthma episode and was happy to be back, ever the more thankful that his lungs had forgiven him even one more time. He approached the border on dusty paws, optics flickering with keen interest towards Enjolras. He seemed nice enough, reminded him of his brother in a way. "W-welcome." Ev would purr out, offering a wide, gentle smile to the other. "C-can I show y-you around at a-all?"

A HAUNTED ANGEL OF BEAUTIFUL ANGUISH

—— wind haven - white serval - prior && canon | whisper unto me ・゚✦

• sunshot relies so much of voices to get around since seeing is out of the question . they follow voices , learns to hear emotion and memories that are never said out loud . the ivory serval can distinguish clan mates with just a breath , if they hear them speak enough . it's not all in accents , it's in diction and tone and whether or not one sounds regal or fatigued . their brother's voice is their favourite , it's home to them . they follow that signature sound , the scent that comforts them when nothing else will , until they are pressed gently against everett's side . twin angels in white , near mirror images of each other , though one speaks and the other remains silent .

"SPEECH"

━━━━━ I GET TO THINKING ABOUT THE HAZY DAYS

UNDER AUGUST SHADE THAT I USED TO SPEND WITH YOU * :・゚✧* :・゚✧

sunshot gardner | ex wind haven honorguard & canon | tags | penned by hybern

• ★ ★ ★ a ward . it seems like a far more appropriate situation given what he was running from , but enjolras was in no immediate danger . there was no reason for him to tell them he needed protection , that he was a coward masquerading strength . " a member , " he finally answers , eyeing loey and then everett and sunshot as the twins approach . spanish , i like it . the ragdoll lets out a dry snort , allowing cerulean eyes to roll gently skyward for a brief moment . " it's french . ma langue maternelle, après tout . " there's a ghost of something that betrays no malicious intent , though he seems a loss for any real emotion . enjolras turns to everett now , forcing a small nod of his head ." a tour would be nice , thank you . "