SING THE ANTHEM OF THE ANGELS, AND SING YOUR LAST GOODBYE

• BRAMBLELIGHT

FORMERLY NATHANOS / TAGS & INFO

Over-sized paws felt unsteady as they guided the weak behemoth across the shadowed clearing. Breath came unwilling into wheezing lungs, half scarred chin painted in scarlet droplets. One eye of gold shone dimly, viewing the world through a fog that had claimed the former king's mind. His features were expressionless, his thoughts muffled and unheard, mist filling once vibrant thoughts, masking coherent function. Like a ghostly remnant of his former self, the fallen lord carried on, heart thrumming roughly within the confines of his cavernous chest, thick furred tail dragging through the soil. He looked blank and emotionless, sickly and fading, his rib-cage protruding from behind thick fur. Weakness made Bramblelight's body shake, hunger gnawing at a rolling stomach. Suddenly, the world began to swim and dance around him, twirling in front of his vision as if he were spinning in circles.

The warrior hit the ground.

His body stiffened, his muscles contracting as his frame began to seize. Trembling limbs jerked outward, as once strong jaws clamped down hard, lethal teeth missing his barbed tongue by less than an inch. Rocked by convulsions, Bramblelight's mind swam, coherent thought fading from the forefront of his gaze as flashes of his own life flooded a wide-eyed vision. He moved as if electricity coursed through his body, seizing upon the ground, and minutes passed. Desperate minutes that ticked by so slowly, he thought they might have been years. His body relaxed, weak and exhausted, wheezing gasps filling the air as the world swam back into place. The faces of cats stared down at him, eyes peering, features close enough to nearly touch. Silent recognition flashed through the devil's glowing eye. These were ShadowClanners, surrounding him in his home, the place Briarstar had been so kind to take him into, to give him a nest, a new name, a new life.

Starlight sparkled in the night sky above as a cold air battered the fallen titan's limp frame. He tried to speak, his panting voice a mere, unheard whisper, a weak wish upon the breeze. Surrounded by his clan-mates, Bramblelight knew this was the end. He knew he was fading. He tried once more, jaws parting, lungs filling, chest heaving, "Love..." A quiet word, an incomplete statement. He loved them. He loved them all so much. Even Tansyface. Even Valerianfire. For simply tolerating his presence, he loved them. He loved them for taking him in. He loved them for allowing him to live among them. He loved them for giving him another chance, even though he knew he hadn't deserved one. Bramblelight had feared this moment, but now that a warmth began to settle within his limbs and pool within his mind like a welcoming puddle of sunlight that shone with his vision, he felt only peace. Larkpaw, Nightpaw, they were in Briarstar's paws now. He would miss them, but he would watch over them. He would watch over them all.

Bramblelight didn't try to speak again. He knew his time was up. His jaws closed once more, his gaze fading, from flickering firelight to molten glass that reflected the sparkling night sky. The heaving of his sides stopped. His wheezing fell silent. Only a parting breath of goodbye was all he would grant them in his final moments, a near silent whoosh of air that departed his body to stir the dust from the soil he laid upon. Bramblelight did not stir again.

From the stars above, he found himself surrounded by those he loved, and a peaceful smile crossed his maw as he wept.

The pain was finally gone.

though he may be old and worn

IN THE DISTANCE, HEAR HIS LAUGHTER

former bloodclan leader | avatar artwork by crazyclaw | penned by sheogorath

• But we're a million worlds apart....

Firedawn, Warrior of Shadowclan

tagsstorageplottingmain

Why? What more would Starclan take from her? She has seen it all, his seizing, his convulsions, and had been powerless to stop them, or to even bring her friend comfort. The red Somali had rushed to his side, eyes already flowing with tears of grief and anger as she buried her nose in his fur.

love...

it was the only word she would hear him speak, and it broke her heart. The senior warrior would watch in further helplessness as he sighed in a farewell, body going forever still and eyes closing as if to finally rest with some level of peace.

But Firedawn would find no peace. Her wail of mourning could be heard all the way in Thunderclan camp some would say later on. The pregnant mother to be dissolving into heart wrenching sobs of loss. How many more friends must she lose? How much more heartbreak must she endure to satisfy the ancestors?

She would wail the questions in her mind as she curled up beside her friends body, nose buried in what fur he had left, trying to cling to the last of his scent as death soon began to take that away as well, and her sobs became muffled whimpers of grief.

Wait for me up there, dear friend....

dawn.png

I DON'T NEED YOU TO SELL ME ON REASONS TO WANT YOU... —

Female + 16 Moons + Shadowclan Warrior + Tags/Bio

• She had followed the scent of her father, eager to show him a patch of herbs she had found not too far off, hoping he would help her pick them and deliver them to Oliveslip. “Hey, Dad, guess wha—?” Her voice caught in her throat when she saw Firedawn crouched over the limp body of her father. He’d had a spell the other day where he had collapsed, and Larkpaw had heard the rattling coughs but she just brushed it off, not ready to face the inevitable — something was wrong with Bramblelight. He was sick. She hadn’t come to terms with that yet, and here he was, collapsed again. She looked up at Firedawn. “It’s okay. He did this the other day. Just give him a moment.” Then she smelled it: death. That same, putrid odor that stuck to her mother’s blood-drenched pelt. It was unmistakable to her, burnt into her mind. She was still grieving over her mother, but she couldn’t lose her father too.

“No...” she murmured as the thought settled in. Bramblelight was dead. He was dead! How? Why? He had just been a little sick. Herbs could have saved him. Larkpaw could have saved him! He was training her for this, and she was dead set on being Oliveslip’s apprentice. If only he could have waited a little longer. “I could have saved you. No... NO!” she wailed, her caterwaul of pure agony filling the swampy forest.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she fell forward, splaying out on top of Bramblelight’s body. She was so small next to him, so fragile. It should be her dying. Larkpaw was the runt, the weak link, the one who should have never survived. Her father was big and strong. He could do anything. But he was ripped from her, grappled out of her paws by Death. He no longer could be there for her to train her, whether to be a warrior or a medicine cat. He couldn’t protect her or teach her what to do. Larkpaw was alone. Utterly alone. Her brothers were in BloodClan, her mother was dead. It was just her now in a place that didn’t feel like home. Muffled sobs wracked her body was she cried into Bramblelight’s fur. Why did this have to happen? Why was the world so cruel?

yhTLCbT.png

FOUND MYSELF IN WONDERLAND

GET BACK ON MY FEET AGAIN

SHADOWCLAN APPRENTICE FEMALE 8 MOONS PENNED BY VESPERTINE

• Firedawn's wail sent a chill through Briarstar's bones. It was unmistakeable and filled with grief. Before she found her way through the mouth of her den, she already knew what the pregnant she-cat was sobbing for. Briarstar had been watching the tom deteriorate for days. Honestly, she had felt pretty useless during the whole process. What good was she to her Clan if she couldn't protect them? What was she good for if one of her warriors was dying right in front of her and she couldn't do anything about it? The thought angered her - caused her to look to StarClan in desperation.

Her paws were just stepping into the light of the camp when she heard Larkpaw's scream next. The sound of the grieving daughter made Briarstar want to vomit. Losing kin was never easy; it was something she had become very familiar with but it never got easier. Larkpaw and Nightpaw would need someone to look after them now. 'I'll watch over them, Bramblelight. I promise.'

Briarstar stepped into the clearing and crossed it to reach the gathering crowd. She attempted to press her flank gently into Firedawn's bulging one - a source of comfort. In the same movement she placed a paw over one of his massive ones. "Goodbye. Thank you for serving ShadowClan." It was all she could muster. Briarstar knew she needed to stay strong for Larkpaw. Placing her tail gently across the apprentice's back, she cooed softly towards her.

""

ONE DAY WE WILL BE REMEMBERED

[ tags shadowclan leader 8/9 female / 29 moons played by hopey ]

(c) vespertine

• she feels almost free as she soars into the stars above. her work on earth is done, sagepaw has been guided as much as she can be, and sorrelstar has been released to live among the ghosts of her past. it's a wail of grief that pulls her back, halts her in her final journey towards the sky. golden eyes hunt the ground, seeking the source of the noise and then, angel-like, she soars back towards her former home. something is tugging at her, pulling her towards the ground, and the ghost allows it to carry her, unseen into the clearing.

bramblelight is prone on the ground, his last breath escaping him, and sorrelstar feels her heart wrench. it's his time, she knows, and she's been sent to collect him, to make his journey to the stars a safe one. part of her wonders why he's been allowed into the starry realm, instead of roaming the darkened swamps with his grandfather. still, the tomcat has changed. he's good now, deserves a peaceful rest. sorrelstar is ready to forgive.

appearing starry in front of his spirit, she blinks slowly, a strange sadness glimmering within her golden depths. "bramblelight," she speaks his name and her mission is clear. "it's time to go. the stars welcome you." i welcome you. looking past him for a moment, she sees briarstar, crouched beside firedawn and larkpaw. with misty eyes she makes a promise, to watch over him. if not for herself, than for his grief stricken clanmates. with a soft breath, and a blink, she turns, looking back at him. "whenever you're ready."

BUT HERE I AM WITH ⁎⁺˳✧༚ ARMS UNFOLDING

sorrelstar ——– former shc leader, tags, 0/9 lives, penned by lavendes

• ✧ // PLEASE BREAK MY HEART

What- What?! This big- the strongest person he knew- he just-...

Was gone in an instant, like a flash of light. Tears welled in his eyes. This happened to Bramblelight. This can happen to anyone. This could happen to him.

He never expected this kind of death from this big, strong cat. He expected him to go down fighting, but no.

He was gone. Gone gone gone-

He dipped his head in respect. He realized he was crying.

He looked weak.

He vowed to never cry again.

SPEECH

Please don't go I'll eat you whole

TAGS roleplayed by `~Maquaroonie~`

I love you so, I love you so I love you so

• Rainface| She-cat | Warrior

Her paws would drag against the ground as she watched all the cats gather around Bramblelight. Looking down with sad eyes, she regretted never taking the time to know him. And there were plenty of missed opportunities. Sitting back from the crowd, she hummed a little tune and then looked to the skies. The same tune she hummed for her miscarried kit many moons ago.

ALL I NEED IS LOVE, ALL I NEED IS A WORD,

ALL I NEED IS US.

Berryfrost - Ginger and white tabby with aqua blue eyes - 21 Moons - She-Cat - Shadowclan Warrior - TAGS

DON'T APOLOGIZE.

THEY CAN'T HOLD YOU DOWN,

YOU WERE BORN TO RISE!

Rainface - Silvery - blue gray with dark blue eyes - 27 Moons - She- Cat - Shadowclan Warrior - TAGS

• Faint cries of grief rang out in the forest. Darkness washed over him as the moons and stars cowered behind a dense layer of clouds, sending another chill down his spine. It was a chill of fear, the same fear he had before he lost his brother. Fear curled up inside him and clung to his ribs, settling uncomfortably in his chest. He didn’t doubt the feeling was there to stay, reminding him of its existence every time a breath escaped his parted lips. He could trace the sounds back to their owners, the voices of Firedawn and Larkpaw, and immediately he knew, he could tell, practically sense the presence of death in the air.

No, no, no.

Adrenaline immediately overwhelmed his system, flooding into his conscience as Stagheart was frozen in place, debating whether to stay put or run to the scene, confused as to how to react. Was this something he wanted to see? Did he want to come across another corpse? Images of Sunkit began to penetrate his mind, provoking a horrified gasp from the young tom, who would then bolt towards the commotion as if he could run away from the flashbacks, desperate to escape.

And there lay the tabby brute, not a single ounce of life left within him, volcanic visionaries as wide as the moon hanging above their heads. He had watched Bramblelight deteriorate as the days went by, crumbling like a flower in bareleaf, but...Bramblelight was so strong. So experienced, and resilient, patterned with scars that Stagheart couldn't even bring himself to count. How could sickness defeat such a cat?

"Larkpaw...I'm so sorry"

BLEEDING RED LIKE THE SUN

TAKING OVER EVERYONE, WATCH ME AS I OVERCOME

STAGHEART | 12 MOONS | WARRIOR OF SHADOWCLAN | TAGS