flowers on the floor (p w/ pet)

• Kiba had a dream with his sister. She was still alive, but Dixie was there too. The three were hunting when a bear came out of nowhere and mauled Dixie. Kiba and his sister tried everything they could to help, but Kiba’s sister ended up dying too. Th bear just left after killing Dixie and his sister, leaving Kiba alone in the forest once again.

Kiba woke up abruptly due to his dream. His eyes shot open. His body was tense from being somewhat scared. Kiba relaxed since Dixie was next to him. He raised his head to start licking Dixie’s head. The dream made him realize that Dixie wasn’t meant to live out here. She needed a nice family that will comfort her when she needs it. She doesn’t deserve the wild life of Kiba. Kiba thought she should be safe at all times in her home. It was going to be hard for him to say goodbye if she did leave.

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

I WISH I KNEW HOW TO QUIT YOU

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

• ∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼᴼᵒ★ O.C.C. ★ᵒᴼᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

n/a

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼ★ I.C. ★ᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

German_Shorthair_Pointer_B_W_Small_File.png

Just as Dixie was about to close her eyes and doze off again, she felt a jolt. It was Kiba. She wondered if it was just a muscle twitch, but then she felt him lick her forehead. "Kiba?" Dixie raised her head, sensing his distress. She looked into his eyes, cocking her ears. "What's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?" Her tone displayed sympathy as she suggested the idea. Dixie had nightmares a few times before, although they were not common in such a happy dog's life. She slept in a kennel so she never had anyone beside her when she did wake up from a nightmare. Dixie nuzzled her head against Kiba's shoulder, taking advantage of her chance to be a comfort. It's what she would've wanted if she were in his place.

╚═»★«═╝

Posts may be delayed Wed, Fri, & Sat

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*(..) /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ (..)*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

• Kiba was glad to receive some comfort after such a dream. He relaxed more with the comfort from the dog, sighing and laying his head back down. “Yeah. I’m okay though, thank you.” He said. Kiba licked her cheek to show his appreciation before getting up. He got out of the den and looked around for any danger as well as to see what the weather was like. It was warmer than yesterday so far, which just meant as the day drew on it would get worse. There was no breeze. Kiba was glad he was close to a river for days like this.

The wolf crawled back in the den and stretched, followed by a quick yawn. Kiba shook his fur before sitting down by Dixie. “Feeling alright?” He asked her. “It’s going to get warm today. We should stay close to a river nearby.”

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

n/a

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼ★ I.C. ★ᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

Dixie decided with a heavy sigh that she couldn't keep lounging around forever. There didn't seem to be such a thing as "sleeping-in" out here. As Kiba went outside to check the weather and scan for danger, Dixie rolled onto her paws and arched her rear into the air with a long stretch. She then stood up and stretched the back legs out too. Ah, that was refreshing. She yawned, squinting her eyes closed. She was still not used to being up this early.

Dixie's ears perked as Kiba returned. "Yeah, I'm good! Thanks." He mentioned that it would be hot out today. "Oh, okay! What's a river?" The canine cocked her head sideways, displaying a universal gesture for confusion.

╚═»★«═╝

• Kiba stood close by her as she stood up. His recent dream messed him up. He was just paranoid of her getting hurt to the point where he couldn't help her. The wolf rubbed his head against Dixie for comfort. Thinking about it afterwards, he just got mad at himself. "I'm sorry, I just..." He trailed off and sighed. "Never mind." Kiba moved away, but he turned to look at her when Dixie said she had no idea what a river was. "What?" He said. "How often did you go outside?" Kiba couldn't believe a canine had no clue what a river was. She must live pretty far away.

"Come on, I'll show you what you're missing out on." Kiba told her and crawled out of the den. He shook his fur again before looking around for anything and smelling the air. The coast was clear for their travels. He took a few steps before waiting on Dixie to catch up, then led the way to the river. Kiba felt relaxed for now. He knew he would be on high alert all day long for Dixie. The wolf just wasn't ready to say goodbye.

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

n/a

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼ★ I.C. ★ᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

Dixie could tell that something was a little off with Kiba since they had woken up. It must have been that nightmare... Her concerns were not swayed by his words, trying to pass it off as nothing. Even as he moved on from the subject, she watched him with a concerned eye and wondered how she could help cheer him up. However, she didn't even know what his dream was about. Was it his sister? The humans with the killing stick? Something darker?

Dixie shot Kiba a sheepish look as she laughed. "I go outside everyday, but I guess we didn't have a river where I used to live." She responded to his question before getting up to follow him out of the den. Going to a new place was exciting. The canine moved with a hop and a skip in her gait until she caught up to Kiba's side and slowly decreased their distance. "Hey…" She glanced to Kiba. "Kiba?" Her voice softened slightly. "I know something is bothering you. I- it's okay if you don't want to talk about it, but... I.. I just want you to know I'm here to listen if you do. You're not alone anymore. You can share the burden with someone else." With that, her head moved in just a little and offered a gentle nuzzle. He felt as tense as he looked.

╚═»★«═╝

• Kiba relaxed a bit when she nuzzled into his fur. He licked her head in appreciation. “I’ll be alright. Thank you though.” He responded. Kiba really didn’t want to tell Dixie. He was scared it would make her worry about living out here. She seemed to be somewhat comfortable though. At least, as comfortable as she could be. He couldn’t imagine trying to completely change your lifestyle in such a short notice.

Kiba could hear the water. “Race ya!” He said and nudged Dixie playfully. He raced off towards the river that was straight ahead. He loved running. Feeling the breeze through his fur and hearing the ground move underneath him satisfied his need to be outdoors and wild. Kiba couldn’t imagine having to live the life of Dixie’s old life.

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

I'm so sorry for the posting delay! I'm going back to work, so my posts may take a little longer from now on.

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼ★ I.C. ★ᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

Dixie's ears drooped a bit as Kiba decided to keep his concerns to himself. She wanted to help him to get it all off his chest, but respected that she couldn't make him do anything he didn't want. She hoped, at the very least, he would take comfort in knowing that he always had someone who was there for him. Someone who cared.

An odd sound approached Dixie's ears the further they wandered, and Dixie had no idea it was coming from the very thing they were looking for, until Kiba sprung a challenge on her. Her eyes lit up as he nudged her. "Okay, you're on!" She shouted with laughter, springing into chase only a mere second after him. The canine picked up speed surprisingly fast. She never knew how fast she could run until she had come out to the forest. There were no fences, no objects blocking the way-- it felt amazing! She chased Kiba's hocks and giggled to herself as she saw his coat flowing with the wind. This was so much fun, she never wanted to leave!

╚═»★«═╝

• (that’s fine! i start online classes today so the same for me lol)

Kiba was having a blast as he ran. Everything inside him knew this was the right place to be. There weren’t any fences, humans or fast box things. Kiba could just run and jump forever without a care in the world. He hoped Dixie would stay by his side forever. Kiba could tell she enjoyed it out here as well.

Kiba could tell they were getting close to the river. He forced himself to pick up speed, only to slow down when it came into view. The trees didn’t extend out to the river, but they stopped a few yards away. He smelled the air for any signs of danger before stepping out towards the river. There was a big rock the hung over the river. It was in an arch shape, but it didn’t reach the other side of the river. Kiba watched the speed of the water before he found a shallow part of the water he could step in. Kiba did so and let his feet step in the water to cool off. “If the water was faster, we wouldn’t be able to do this.” He told her. “The water would carry us away no matter how hard we tried to fight it.”

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

Hope it goes well for you! c:

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼ★ I.C. ★ᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

Dixie came in hot in second place as they finished their race at the river. Her tongue stretched out of her mouth as she panted, helping her body cool down. "So... this is... a river!" Breathily looking around while they emerged from the tree line, Dixie's eyes grew wide. It was the biggest body of water she had ever seen! Like a giant bath or the kiddie pool she used to play with in the backyard, but waay bigger!

She could tell the river had strength based off the sound it made. Following Kiba's lead up to the river's edge, Dixie hesitantly sniffed the surface and estimated how deep it was before plunging her front legs in. "Ooh..." She took four more steps in, joining Kiba. It felt refreshing. She lapped her tongue into the water for a drink and perked her ears at Kiba's voice. "Does that mean... we can go for a swim?" She picked her head up and wagged her nub hopefully at him.

╚═»★«═╝

• (thanks! so far it is so i hope it stays this way)

Kiba lapped at the water. He was used to not drinking water frequently, but he had ran so much that he needed to rest. He raised his head to look around occasionally and make sure there wasn’t any danger. Kiba turned to looked at Dixie when she asked about swimming. He laughed. “Sure.” Kiba told him. “Be careful though.” He advised.

Kiba went back to drinking water. He went back to more shallower water and laid down. He panted as the bottom half of his body relaxed in the water. He could tell now how hot it was getting. Maybe they should spend their day here. Both of them would be exposed to danger though. It wasn’t the best idea, but maybe they could stay here just for a little bit. He wanted Dixie happy anyway.

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

n/a

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼ★ I.C. ★ᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

Kiba's approval was all it took to get Dixie's excitement levels to skyrocket. "I will, I promise!" She truly meant to heed his advice, but only a few seconds later the clumsy pet slipped on an algae covered rock and faceplanted in the water.

Her head bobbed back up with a gasp, the ends of her ears dripping and her nose working extra hard to blow water out of her sinuses. "I'm okay! I'm okay!" She assured before Kiba could ask. "Maybe I'll just skip the swimming for now, hah ha..." Dixie rotated her head left and right with increasing speed until she had shaken all the water out of her ears. Reflecting on her mistake, she giggled with a happy-go-lucky nub wag and walked over to Kiba, picking where she would place her paws more carefully this time.

Dixie approached her feral friend and stretched her front legs out in front of herself, leaning on her elbows. In this position, her back end was higher than her front end and her nub was wiggling intensely. It was an invitation to play. Kiba was resting from the run, so she couldn't blame him for wanting to lie still and relax. In fact, looking at his method of cooling off made her kind of want to try it too. The surface of the water was bright, reflecting the hot sun. The longer the day stretched on, the hotter it seemed to get. "Hey, that's not a bad idea. Laying in the river." Still in the play bow position, she slowly allowed her back end to sink into the water until it was just her back, chest, and head above the surface. Her legs found smooth rocks to nuzzle between, and she quickly found the appeal of doing this. "Ahhh… this feels good."

Little did she know that while they were enjoying the sunshine and the river, her human family was trekking through the forest not far behind. Due to the children's persistent cries, the parents had rented a cabin and helped them look for their lost dog ever since the sun came up. With barely any breeze, their scent didn't travel far. If it had, Dixie could've picked it up from a mile away. But pretty soon, the two canines would be able to hear the howling of the humans as they called for Dixie.

╚═»★«═╝

• Kiba hopped up whenever Dixie fell. His sister fell in the river once and it was hard to rescue her. Hearing Dixie’s response, he laid back down in the water. Kiba was glad he wouldn’t have to save the day again. He debated on going to sleep since he felt so relaxed. He closed his eyes slowly and let the sun hit him.

Kiba opened his eyes when he heard Dixie get close by. Kiba saw she was in a playful position, but he was too relaxed to want to get up. He pawed the water towards her to give her a playful splash. Kiba laughed when she was happy with her laying down position. “It’s good, isn’t it?” He said.

Kiba quickly hopped up again hearing some humans. He looked around for any sign of them. Kiba was terrified, but humans usually didn’t make this much noise. “Dixie, do you hear that?” He asked, just to make sure he wasn’t imagining anything.

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・