flowers on the floor (p w/ pet)

Check out Ivoria in Agrelos! They are an evil backboard group situated on the waterway. Successful completion of a trial is required in order to join. We have a great OOC community and would love to have you!
  • ∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼᴼᵒ★ O.C.C. ★ᵒᴼᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

I can start us off

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼ★ I.C. ★ᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

German_Shorthair_Pointer_B_W_Small_File.png

In the beginning, Dixie's day seemed to be off to a good start. She woke up, ate her breakfast, played with her small humans, and did all the usual activities. Nothing out of the ordinary. But then, instead of going on her usual walk, her humans put her in the car. She knew what that meant; A car ride! The dog park! Or... the vet. But most likely the dog park! That was the most exciting thing Dixie could hope for. Her tail wagged a mile a minute as she stood in the back of the car.

Two hours into the car ride, Dixie came to realize they were not going to the dog park. Nor were they visiting the vet. She had no idea where they were going and she had never been in the car for so long before. Uncertainty weighing down her already droopy ears, she stared out the back window of the car and let out the faintest of whines. The alpha and omega humans shushed her immediately, giving Dixie the message to keep quiet. She couldn't help but sigh as she sat down on her haunches, resting her nose against the cold glass. All she wanted was to know what was going on! Her humans didn't seem worried, though, so that was slightly comforting at least...

Sometime later, Dixie recognized a smell; A drive-thru. Her humans always got food at this place, and if she was lucky, she would get some morsels as well. Dixie poked her head out between the two small human's seats, in the optimum position for receiving hand-outs. The car ride resumed while they ate. Dixie's alpha and omega didn't like her eating their food, but the small humans were very sneaky about giving her some anyway. She ever so delicately took a chicken nugget and a few french fries from their fingers, carrying it to the floor where she could safely eat it. The food was delicious- a soft juicy texture, unlike her kibble.

Even more time passed. Dixie's stomach growled and churned. She found it hard to sit still as it got worse. Whine... whine... whiiine... She tried to let her humans know, but they were in the middle of howling at the radio together. Not good. No, this was not good.... Unfortunately, disaster struck not too long after. The car ride came to a screeching halt. Dixie tucked her stubby tail as she sensed the alpha and omega's frustration with her. How embarrassing. As the whole family jumped out of the car, which had pulled over on the edge of the highway, Dixie faintly noticed that every piece of her surroundings looked and smelled completely foreign.

Where in the world were they?

═»«═╝

I apologize, posts are taking longer due to my work schedule

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*(..) /ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ (..)*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

• Kiba sniffed the forest floor trying to pick up a scent of what was around. The dark furred wolf was hoping to find something to snack on. Anything to help his appetite temporarily. He looked around to check his surroundings. Kiba was always on edge from possible bear or human attacks. His sister was shot by a human a few months ago so he kept a good watch for himself.

Kiba picked up the scent of a rabbit and followed it slowly. He seemed to get close enough to pounce when a huge box-like thing pulled up and scared it off. He jumped not expect the noise and watched the object as some humans piled out. He kept his distance from afar and watched to make sure they didn’t do anything wrong.

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

I WISH I KNEW HOW TO QUIT YOU

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

n/a

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼ★ I.C. ★ᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

Before Dixie had a chance to register her surroundings, the alpha human opened the car's back door. A wave of crisp, fresh air hit Dixie. Her muscles twitched, especially her nose, drinking in wave after wave of unknown scents. She jumped out of the car, assuming that's what the alpha wanted her to do. All of her humans made a frantic noise, sending a jolt of shock through Dixie's veins. Oh no, she did a wrong. Soft brown ears bolted up. Her eyes widened as a car zoomed by at lightning speed just a few feet away from her nose. Woah!

It was hard to think straight with all of this happening at the same time. Strange sights and sounds pounded the dog's stout figure from all sides. Her alpha, omega, and small humans hollered at the top of their lungs as fight or flight instincts kicked in. Dixie ran. Her heart drummed in her ears as she narrowly missed another car passing by. She dove into a ditch and tumbled straight onto her face. It hurt, but it didn't stop her. Dixie pushed off the ground and launched herself into the air, resuming a full-speed sprint. Her paws carried her into a dark area that reminded her faintly of the dog park. It had trees, grass, and plants, just like the dog park- except it was very overwhelming. Every where she looked there was just trees and foliage! Where did it end?! Where was she? Where did her humans go? Were those cars still chasing her?

╚═»★«═╝

• Kiba growled to himself seeing the canine pounce out of box thing. His head lowered as he watched. The humans made too much noise for his liking. Kiba started to walk off when the canine was scared of the other box like things and bounded into the woods. Kiba’s ears perked up again. He needed to go make sure this dog understood how territories worked.

Kiba pranced through the brush and watched the dog to see where they were headed. His dark brown fur stood out from the greenery of the warm season around him. Whenever Kiba was close enough, he pounced in front of the dog and tried to act like he’d never seen them before. “Where are you going?” He growled.

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

n/a

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼ★ I.C. ★ᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

Dixie's paws flew haphazardly across the forest floor, hitting rocks, plants, and twigs. The tags on her collar jangled. She probably had just created enough noise to alert anything in a few miles radius of her arrival. Whether that was a good or a bad thing, she didn't know. Probably bad.

All of the sudden, something jumped in front of Dixie's vision. The canine yiked. She sat on her haunches in an attempt to slow herself down. Her hocks stirred up a cloud of dust as she slid to a gradual stop, just inches from her ambusher. The whites of her eyes flashed as she looked up, connecting with the gaze of a very large... dog?

Dixie flinched back at his demanding voice. His growl was so much deeper than any dog she had heard before. It snapped her to her senses real quick. She rose to her full height, in attempt to look somewhat intimidating, and took a half step backwards. "W- woah, who are you!?" She kept her gaze locked on him.

╚═»★«═╝

• Kiba tilted his head slightly when the dog tried to act intimidating. It wasn’t working on the wolf. Kiba stepped closer to the dog and sniffed. He could smell the humans on her making him growl and back off. “Who am I? I should be asking you that since you’re on my territory.” Kiba turned away and went back to where he was standing earlier.

Kiba’s ears flicked as he waited for a response. His head was held high like he knew he was in charge. With the slight breeze, his fur moved gently with the wind. Kiba kept his gaze on the canine. He didn’t gully trust her yet. Kiba had no knowledge of why she was out here. It was possible for her human to be hiding waiting to kill him. Wouldn’t she be acting different though?

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

n/a

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼ★ I.C. ★ᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

Territory? What was this dog on about? Sure, Dixie understood the concept of having a territory. Her territory was back home where she slept and ate and lived with her humans. But this... this place was just endless trees and shrubs. Where were his humans? Where was his yard and house and toys?

Dixie couldn't help but stare for a moment as the wind gently combed through the dog's coat. It looked so smooth and somehow... magestic. In fact, everything about this dog looked magestic and powerful. She had never seen a canine quite like him. His eyes were sharp and alert. The way the dog held himself, she could tell he was the alpha type and she had definitely intruded on his personal space. Being on the unwelcomed end of such a canine was terrifying. Who was this guy? ...oh shoot, she had been staring for a while now and he was still waiting for an answer.

"T- this is your territory?" The canine sounded a bit surprised due to the fact that, as earlier stated, she saw no house or humans nearby. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to trespass. I don't mean you any harm either." As if her jittery body language didn't already get that point across. She tried to ease up on her paws as the thought came to mind. Hmm.... she also tell him that she's lost? What if that made her look more weak and vulnerable? "Um. You can call me Dixie." She blurted in hopes that giving her name would somehow help gain some of his trust.

╚═»★«═╝

• Kiba watched the dog while he waited. She seemed clueless about the forest. Kiba decided she wasn’t here to hunt. The dog must be lost. Kiba moved next to the dog to sniff her somewhat. Her fur had an intricate pattern to Kiba. He saw very few dogs that looked like this. Just two colors that were black and white. This was new for Kiba. He moved around towards her back and watched her short tail. What happened there? Did it get cut off? Shot off?

Kiba moved in front of the dog again when she spoke. “Yes, this is my territory. I thought dogs knew about such things.” He growled and started to walk off. Kiba stopped and looked at her whenever she mentioned her name. “Kiba.” He responded. “Are you going to go now?”

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

n/a

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼ★ I.C. ★ᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

Allowing this stranger to check her out was one of the bravest things Dixie ever thought she could do. She kept her knubby tail up and alert, even though every fiber in her wanted to tuck it in. She, in turn, took the opportunity to check his scent out as well. She didn't smell any humans on him. Huh. That was weird... He also had a very unique scent that puzzled her nostrils. It was just very much.. him.

When the larger dog, Kiba, started to pad away and suggested that she do the same, Dixie's heart sank. She reconsidered telling him that she was lost. What else could she do? If she tried to leave his territory, she would probably end up even more lost. Quickly, Dixie, say something before he leaves. "Well, sir- I- I mean Kiba, actually I-" She took a small step forward, making sure he could still see her and that she wasn't trying to creep up on him. "I don't know where to go... I'm lost." She admitted, as if he hadn't already caught on, letting her head droop slightly.

╚═»★«═╝

• Kiba turned to face her. He debated if he should offer her to stay with her or not. At least she could help him hunt. “Alright.” He sighed. “Follow me. I’ll show you where my den is.” He said and started walking. Kiba hoped this was the right decision.

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

n/a

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼ★ I.C. ★ᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

Dixie perked her ears. Did she hear that correctly? Was that an offer to stay with him? "Oh!" She had no time to really think it over as the canine started to walk away from her. Her paws hastily moved to catch up. She matched his pace, her stubby tail wagging a little. "Uh. You mean I can stay with you for a while? Wow. That's- that's very kind! Thank you." She didn't see any better options for herself, so she didn't mind the rushed decision.

The canine subtly watched Kiba from the corner of her eyes. His hospitable offer was quite an unexpected turn of events. He went from cautious of her to slightly unconcerned very quickly. He must have been very confident. That was normal for an alpha, but even in alpha dogs this much confidence was slightly uncommon. "Are you sure your humans wont mind?" She asked as she trotted casually along his side.

╚═»★«═╝

• Kiba listened to her partly as she talked. He was more ready for something to eat, so he kept a look out for any kind of prey. He ignored her compliment about him being kind. It was crazy for a dog to think that way about a wolf.

Whenever she mentioned humans, he turned around quickly to her and snarled. “Let’s make something clear right now: There will be no humans on my territory. Got it? I don’t live with humans like dogs do. If you see a human anywhere in these parts, tell me and we will run.” Kiba hoped his point got across quickly.

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

n/a

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼ★ I.C. ★ᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

Dixie was reminded of just how fast Kiba could move. Like déjà vu, she saw a blur of movement, followed by a flash of white canines as he turned on her. It caught her so off guard that she tripped over own her paws and nearly threw herself into a submissive roll. Instead, though, she just crouched rather awkwardly with her head down and tail tucked as he delivered his 'rules.'

Her eyes were owlishly wide as he said, 'I don't live with humans like dogs do.' Dixie blinked at him. "What...?" She was almost scared to utter the word 'humans' again, as that seemed to trigger the canine, but she had to get the bottom of this. "You don't... like humans? And what do you mean, like dogs? You're a dog, too!" Dixie said, unaware of what a naïve pet she was.

╚═»★«═╝

• Kiba was unaware of how clueless did dog really was. At least she knew better than to fight back. He growled again when she called him a dog. “Never insult me like that again.” Kiba moved closer to her, his teeth still bared and haunches raised. “I am a wolf. I don’t rely on humans to feed me or care for me. They want to kill me.”

Kiba stepped back and eased up. “The longer you live in this forest, the better you’ll understand.” He explained and started walking again. Kiba was ready to be back at the den with food in his stomach. Kiba sniffed at the ground to hope for a scent of anything by him, the dog, and the usual forest air.

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

n/a

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼ★ I.C. ★ᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

Dixie frowned as she listened. She secretly found it hard to believe that humans would want to kill him- a dog. No, wait. What was it he called himself again? A wolf? He looked like a dog to her. A big dog. She didn't fully understand what a Wolf was, but maybe she would get to know more about them as time went on.

Back to the topic of humans, Dixie always felt safe in human presence. No human had ever tried to harm her, nor did they have the means to do so, as far as she knew. They had no claws or sharp teeth... what could they hurt her with?

Maybe she did rely a lot on humans, though. The way Kiba said it made it sound like a bad thing. Now that she had no humans around, she could sort of see why. Where would Dixie get her next meal from without them? Another scary thought passed through Dixie's mind. Maybe she would never find them again. What then?

Aaand we're walking again. Dixie got back up on all fours and hurried to catch up with Kiba, meanwhile trying to process everything he had just said. "S- sorry, I didn't mean to offend you." She trotted alongside him, but not too close this time. Just in case he decided to swing on her again. "Hey... Um, if you don't mind me asking.. have you always felt this way about humans? Because, you know... well, you do come off kind of strong. I know you're nice! because you've been so kind to me so far, but maybe you got off on the wrong foot with the humans before? I mean, they don't understand our language very well, so I can see how that would happen." The gabby pooch tried to make him open up, meanwhile not realizing she was probably scaring away all his dinner.

╚═»★«═╝

• Kiba prepared for more questions from the dog. She didn’t seem to understand him. Her humans must have been different. Ever human Kiba saw always had a gun and sometimes a dog with them too. Kiba had sone scars on his legs from previous fights with dogs where Kiba was crowned victor. Nothing ever came with winning other than another chance at life.

Kiba sniffed the ground for a bit as they walked. It wouldn’t be long until they arrived at the den and could rest. Kiba wasn’t sure if he was more tired or hungry. Maybe the dog knew how fo hunt and could catch something quickly. Having a partner didn’t seem so bad now.

Kiba looked at Dixie when she finished her statement. “Humans out here are different. They bring dogs and a stick thing that kills animals. They don’t want to talk. Only kill.”

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

n/a

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼ★ I.C. ★ᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

Again, he insisted on the humans being barbaric killers. Were things really that different here? How far had Dixie come from her sweet old home? It suddenly felt like she had been plunged into a whole different world. Dixie looked back at Kiba, still torn by the idea. He definitely seemed serious, though, and she wanted to believe him. Had he witnessed the humans kill someone with one of these 'sticks' before? And a dog with them? What kind of dog would let that happen? A chill ran down Dixie's bare back. She didn't know how she felt about this subject yet. Hopefully he was right about one thing; the longer she spent in this forest, the better she would understand.

The German Pointer fell silent for a while. She could tell she had over stayed her welcome talking about the subject and decidedly took the conversation in a new direction. Wagging her lack of a tail softly, Dixie broke the silence, "What are you sniffing for? I noticed you've been doing that this whole time."

╚═»★«═╝

• Kiba thought he picked up the scent of a rabbit, but it was clearly the one that escaped him earlier. He kept walking and sniffing occasionally. Kiba looked at Dixie again when she asked the question. “Food.” He answered. “I’m hoping to catch something while we’re out here. Before I found you, I was hunting. Are you hungry at all?” Kiba asked.

As they walked a little more, Kiba saw his den and trotted up to it. It was a hole in the ground covered by rocks to provide shade and some protection. “Here’s my little home.” He said and crawled inside. The inside of then den was somewhat a circle. Roots and rocks stuck out from the side. Kiba laid down in one spot happily. He was glad to be back home.

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

・・・・★・・・・★ ・・・・

n/a

∙∙·▫▫ᵒᴼ★ I.C. ★ᴼᵒ▫▫·∙∙

Dixie swung her nose in the air and flared her nostrils. How did he know which smells meant food? She couldn't detect anything like the kibble she used to eat. So that had to mean Kiba ate other things. "I'm a little hungry, but the smells out here are so different to what I'm used to. I can't tell which scents are food and which aren't." She figured he would be able to help her solve that problem soon. Perhaps he could be her teacher. Dixie always wondered what it would be like to taste fresh meat. She saw a dog on the tv box take down some kind of animal before. Now that she looked back, perhaps it wasn't a dog, but a wolf. Was a dog like her capable of doing the same thing?

Just as Dixie was getting tired of walking, she heard Kiba announce that they had arrived at his den. It took her eyes a moment to find it. There was a mouth between a few large rocks. The closer Dixie came to it, she realized that it led to a small cave, surrounded by walls of dirt and old dead tree roots. Kiba crawled inside, demonstrating just how roomy it was. Dixie poked her head through the opening and looked around. She was slightly disappointed to see a lack of toys and fluffy bed, but she didn't let it show on her face. "Wow... this is a cute little den! Do you live by yourself?"

╚═»★«═╝