WELCOME TO CITY TRIAL (Kirby Air Ride RP)

• Welp, my other RP hasn't exactly taken off, so let's do something else entirely for a change! (That other one is still open, however, for those curious)

I've decided to do kind of a Kirby Air Ride RP, just to see if it takes off better (Seriously, I haven't RP-ed in literal AGES). There isn't really a set plot, but I'm open to almost anything happening, honestly.

So let's just get right into it!

If I can think of anything else or need to fix anything, I'll certainly try to edit this post accordingly.

Also, I'll be putting my forms in a different post from this one (unless, of course, a sign-up thread is suggested... in which case I'll give it a shot I guess! XP )

Anyway, I hope some of you may at least consider joining! And if you do, I hope you can enjoy this RP to the fullest! ^^

The post was edited 2 times, last by AvaikaofStarfox: Apparently, my migraine-ridden self spelled "Green Canvas" terribly wrong (Pretty sure "Canvas Plains" is a non-existent location).... That's now FIXED. ().

• Join as City Trial's Head Officer? ;D

• That's completely fine! >;D

Seth (Kilaida)

Young Adult

Appearance:

A red-hot puffball often boasting a confident, green-eyed grin or smirk, and "ablaze" with long, fire-colored hair.

Powers/Weapons:

She's essentially a more limited version of Kirby, due to a curse in her family lineage. She CANNOT combine copy-abilities, and certain more powerful abilities may be UNAVAILABLE to her altogether... However, she can use friend abilities as seen in "Kirby: Star Allies".

Description:

As the proud and determined head of the Turbo Team and City Trial's sworn protector, Seth has (thus far) really shown a lot of promise throughout life forging an identity of her very own! She may be somewhat of a carefree daredevil time to time, but she truly means well, and is very dedicated to her cause and protecting others from any harm!

Air Ride Machine(s): Turbo Star

Other: Presumably, she uses an item called the "Turbo Mirror" to copy abilities.... Leaving up for debate as to whether or not copying abilities occurs to her naturally as a legitimate power.

Anyway, I'm probably only gonna start when there's more than just us, if that's alright.

• Tracking, ngl it’s been literal eons since I played Air Ride but I saw Kirby in the title and tbh, that’s all I need lmao

Quick question tho, would I be able to play Meta Knight? Idk if you said canon characters were fine or not, so I just want to make sure before I did anything

The way is lit

The path is clear

We require only the strength to follow it

• No problem! Here’s the edgebat!

sorry this took so long, had a huge chemistry exam that I needed to prepare for and life has been in general kind of insane

The way is lit

The path is clear

• EDGEBAAAT!!!

That's completely fine! Life Priorities come first, so I'm not too alarmed or anything. Thank you so much!

(I'll be sure to let my sister (our other participant) know things are starting to get rolling. )

Shall we get started? (I can totally be the one to start us off, if you guys want. I'm actually typing like crazy as we speak! XD )

• Alrighty!

I might be a bit rusty, but let's dive in, shall we? (my sister can just catch up, haha)

(actually, in all seriousness, she also gave a green light when I asked in-person, so no worries there. XD)

Waves crashed readily along the glimmering shoreline, as the sun had shone high above the island. The weather promised nothing but partial clouds, and it was somewhat quiet at this point in the day, save the occasional bird cry.

Something about today had sort of an energy to it, at least to one particular individual, who carried herself with an air of complete confidence... Entirely relishing in what lightness the breeze had to offer! She idly leaned against a red machine which she almost blended right into, whose generally "metallic" surface material absorbed enough warmth to be comfy to sit upon, and not too hot to touch...

Today would be fit for just about anything: A joyride, chill out on the coral-littered shoreline just a ways yonder... There was plenty of time left! Perhaps she could sign herself in for something more competitive, such as a race or a stadium match or...

Either way, she wasn't too sure what she was in the mood for, but as luck had it, severe wanderlust took over for the time being... Even despite knowing this place like the back of her... stub of a hand. The fire-haired figure swung her feet over, twisted around by hand, and propped herself onto the very machine to start it up. Thrusters floating just off each side had risen slightly and fiercely flashed in the back, releasing a concentrated white-hot light just behind. That done, she leaned to her right, slowly turning so that the nose of the star, as it was roughly shaped, was no longer facing the fence of the platform she set to take off from. Immediately, she went, sharply slid, and turned left to the open air, at which point she would drop to the pinkish cobblestone below.

What wonders would today hold?

The red puffball smirked as she blazed the trails, simply raring to find out!

(Hopefully it's not overwhelmingly open-ended to work with. Kinda wanted to leave it on an "anything can happen" note, for now, just to get things stirring. ^^; )

(Actually, if there's anything we can do to make this less aimless over time (if need be), either of you can feel free to belt some ideas at me or something anytime. I'm "all ears" (or, well, EYES). )

• ((sorry for not getting back to this, I actually have no energy mustered for this rn and am dealing with some mystery pains-- but pretty please don't let me stop you from roleplaying! I don't mind not being waited on at all bc I might be a good while Q Q;; ))

• Waves crashing down, splashes and beauty resound--

OOC: No worries! Sorry, some things come up and I’ve been pretty distracted from rping! Sorry this isn’t as good as my usual stuff ;w;

Meta Knight stood atop a tall building, his cape wrapped around himself as he stood at the edge, looking down at the city below.

He...wasn’t used to having so much time to himself. He liked to keep busy, keep his schedule as busy as he could.

Having the freedom to choose what it was that he wanted to do? It was strange to have. The Meta-Knights insisted he do this, take time for himself for once.

This was probably why, he concluded. He hadn’t done so in quite some time.

Pulling himself away from his thoughts, Meta Knight shifted from his cape to his wings, spreading them wide to feel the air move past him.

Without another thought, he lept off, folding his wings to pick up speed before finally swooping back up to fly back up towards the sky.

Tags: none currently

--Where the shore ends, become unwound

The way is lit

The path is clear

• (You're completely fine, no worries! ^^ )

(AAAAAAAAAAA I'm SO sorry! I got super swamped with chores and things on an unexpected notice! <|D;;

I'll still try and help keep this going, if I can! ^^; )

The red star was mostly blazing around the premise, first passing into the forest, weaving among the trees...

'Wonder if Leo's already on-duty...' thought its rider, noticing no immediate signs of their friend nearby.

The star then exited into the open street, passing by two large, red land-forms guarded by fearsome fire dragons... Said beasts would never acknowledge anyone, but every time she passed by, she had the unspeakable sensation they were always aware of her presence. That alone was easy to shake off, however, considering this island was home. The street forced a right turn, where she almost pondered grabbing a quick bite at the Castle Hall, but dismissed it for now.

In the short time she approached the shoreline, an unfamiliar figure registered in her upper peripherals, and her instantaneous turn to get a better look pressed the machine downward and stunted it into a violent bounce.

"OOP—!"

As the red ride helplessly flipped over and nose-dove into the sand a ways off (shattering some coral along the way), so did she just two or more inches forward... Face-first into the pristine powder before her. ...Not even HALF the distance the thing slid!

A muffled "AH, Good going, Seth..." was all that was uttered.

This "Seth" would probably wave her feet a bit for leverage and promptly heft herself up again, as usual, but it was a slow enough day that she sort of found herself mentally "savoring the flavor of the sand" instead. As she did so, she idly listened to the gentle roll of the tide as she slowly sorted out her suddenly alert state-of-being.

Still though, what in all of Pop Star...? If she stalled this long, she'd miss a second chance to glimpse whatever it was that threw her off-balance!

Seth, reconsidering her current life choice, began waving her feet violently for that leverage she so desperately needed, just to get the heck up...

The post was edited 4 times, last by AvaikaofStarfox: Wow, I DID NOT proof-read this very well... I think I've cleaned this up enough though. And if this isn't enough to go off of/work from, feel free to suggest some things. I don't mind at all! ^^; ().

• Waves crashing down, splashes and beauty resound--

OOC: Holy shit I did not expect to up and disappear for so long, depression has been awful as of late and labwork has been crazy. Sorry about that! Still not very musey atm but I really shouldn’t keep y’all hanging so I’m posting some crappy writing -~-‘

Meta Knight gave his wings a strong downstroke to offset just how fast he plummeted. Really, it wasn’t at all necessary for him to do so, but it didn’t hurt to show off a little.

Of course, he doubted he had an audience. At least, he thought he had no audience. It was until he heard the sound of someone tumbling to the sand below.

With that, he doubled back and stopped, beating his wings to stay still.

Someone had very clearly crashed beneath him, hadn’t they? Shit!

After gaging whether or not the height he was at would be safe enough to free fall from, Meta Knight instead opted to simply glide into a stop, kicking up sand as he steadied himself again.

“Are you alright?”

Tags: none currently

--Where the shore ends, become unwound

The way is lit

The path is clear

• (That's fine. I'm in no rush myself, so definitely take all the time you need to sort out any life priorities and personal needs. They come first, after all! >;D )

The sound of a voice was all it took for the "fire"-headed puff to finally thrust herself upright, in almost a casual, backward flip.

"Huh, me?" Seth answered, with a raised brow, "No sweat, really. I'm fine."

Honestly, she hadn't expected anyone to be here at all after taking the unexpected tumble. And all the energy she could have wasted being startled was already channeled into an escape from having her head in the sand. She could only deduce that maybe, JUST maybe, this was the figure that took her on that previous spin!

Yet... jump to conclusions?

Nahh, she wasn't about that life, so after a brief second or two taken to look over and regain eye-contact with her conversational partner...

"Say, you new here or anything?" She then asked, carrying herself with a mild, confident smirk. "Name's Seth. I protect the Island time to time."

She'd have invited a handshake, but the individual before her seemed to have enough an air of importance looming about that she refrained the... "formality", just in case.

Barely read-able in her composure to the un-trained eye, something within still wanted to comment about that incredible speeding object or individual she just barely glimpsed. She, however, kept that under some wraps until further notice... It was truly fascinating, to say the least, and it made her already nifty Air Ride Machine look far inferior, as compared.