heart of stone [ ★ ] storytelling

• Heavy is her heart as she settles herself on a smooth stone, her fur glossy and cleaning - for now. The environment which Boneclan did their dwelling in left the young fem in a constant cycle of having to harness control over her thick coat, picking mud and debris from her figure on routine occasion. Wintrypaw was not overly concerned with her appearance, but she was at that fickle age where she was becoming more aware of it all the same. But her dissatisfaction thus far did not come from dirtiness alone, that was only a small role in it all. . . It ultimately stemmed from a deeper issue that the young queen knew she would need to face head-on one day: A lack of belonging in the world, an unshakable sensation that had plagued her since infancy.

But she was determined to stay in Boneclan, at least for awhile. Rogues could not get far in life, she recognized. The threat of constant traveling would weigh on her indefinitely, until she forced herself to calm and remain steady -- For once, just for once. At the end of the day, it was not a problem with Boneclan, but with her, and the girl had begun to acknowledge that her place in the world was arguably nonexistent. So if she would not feel like she belonged anywhere, then it was only suitable that she remained where she was and not subject herself to further risks.

For now, she would try.

"Would anyone like to. . . Tell stories with each other?" Stories were a favorite past time of hers, and she enjoyed indulging in creativity; in fantasy. It was the only hobby she had, the only thing she could offer to begin to forge some solidarity with her new clan mates.

• Wintry was still veiled in mystery, a moving question mark that the pale lioness was determined to understand. As a young cub, Eva had abandoned clan life earlier than most to fulfill the reckless and thrilling path of a rogue. It was a dangerous road of unpredictable obstacles and dead ends, something she'd never recommend to anyone else of that age now that she'd grown. Yet the small feline before her didn't come across the type destined to hunt adrenaline or seek out the wondrous sights of Agrelos. While she did appeared a tad older than a kitten to the Bandit, she still carried with her the same naive aura that typically radiated from the very youthful. Settling down beside the newcomer, the partially blind wildcat would purse her lips in thought. "We could make a story. Like that telephone game?" She'd inquire gently to the other.

violence causes silence | tags

I DON’T KNOW WHERE HE’S BEEN BUT HE IS RESTLESS AT NIGHT, HE HAS HORRIBLE DREAMS SO WE LAY IN THE DARK, COS WE’VE GOT NOTHING TO SAY JUST THE BEATING OF HEARTS LIKE TWO DRUMS IN THE GREY I DON’T KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING, I DON’T KNOW WHAT WE’VE DONE BUT THE FIRE IS COMING, SO I THINK WE SHOULD RUN !!

evadne desmures | information

• JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES —

Games were not his cup of tea, typically. Especially not games for kids. But now that there was a new apprentice around, it seemed like they would have to make accommodations for her. At least, Eva seemed to think so. He questioned the other's methods, though he supposed he could play along if she wanted him too. Grumbling, the leopard strolls over to Eva and Wintry, letting his tail drift across the lioness's flank as he walks by. Sure, he had said they should keep their 'closeness' hidden, but did it even matter anymore? The clan was small enough, and it wasn't like he was revealing the more gruesome aspects of their relationship. His eyes drift on her for a moment before they shift, focusing on Wintry. It was ironic-- just a week or so prior, he had witnessed Eva ripping apart another wildcat, engaging in blatant cannibalism. Now she was washed off, pure white and befriending the new apprentice. "I'll play this... game. Or, I'll tell a story. Whichever," He mutters, taking a seat near Eva. Life was simple lately. He should be happy, content. But his hunger was already on the rise once again. He'd have to talk to Eva about that later.

"speaks in green"

IT'S ALREADY TOO LATE

tags — penned by Moria

o9Q7o3Q.png

• Her tempestuous gaze would follow the duo of wildcats who approached her, taking note of their apparent closeness as Odysseus settled beside Evadne. One spotty, one pale, she took in their physical differences and similarities as she considered how long they must have lived in Boneclan. They both seemed comfortable there, in contrast to herself who seemed to stand out like a sore thumb in their boggy landscape. Maybe one day she would feel at ease there too. . . Eyes narrowed as the lioness suggested they make a game out of it, and she contemplates it only for a moment before agreeing, "Sure, a game."

Wintrypaw had never been much for playing, not in the traditional sense. Games like moss ball were dull; and though she was curious in many ways, she was often bored by the mundane realities of every day life. She had spent most of her kithood inventing fantasy worlds to hide away in, to play pretend in a universe where she could be anything she wanted. Stories were like that even now, and she thought that if this were a game of conflict, she would have won. "I'll start and then. . . We can take turns adding more to it. Okay," she sighed, determined, ready to begin.

"It was many eons ago, before the continents of Agrelos had begun to fully take shape. Molten lava rose from active volcanoes, and the world often shook with destructive quakes. It was an endless cycle of destruction and creation, and only one species managed to thrive in this climate. They were known as. . . The Whymeas."

• She could feel warmth tickle her cheeks as Ody's tail traced over her fur, clouded eyes immediately darting toward the leopard to display a stern glare. Was that genuine? Or perhaps he'd picked up on her little crush and was now toying with her heart. Was that what their entire relationship was? Some way to get back at her for discovering his secret or stealing his kill? It was so difficult to distinguish which reactions from the Bone Guard were authentic and which weren't. There was no time to ponder her silly love life, she'd agreed to a game.

"The whymeas were a hearty species. Their legs were as big around as tree trunks and their teeth as sharp as obsidian. They had large wings that sounded like clapping thunder whenever they took to the skies and they could soar above the molten lava for days without rest. Their powerful stomachs allowed them to digest volcanic rock but they sometimes ... devoured other whymeas in situations of heavy confrontation. As strong as they were, they did have one weakness..."

violence causes silence | tags

I DON’T KNOW WHERE HE’S BEEN BUT HE IS RESTLESS AT NIGHT, HE HAS HORRIBLE DREAMS SO WE LAY IN THE DARK, COS WE’VE GOT NOTHING TO SAY JUST THE BEATING OF HEARTS LIKE TWO DRUMS IN THE GREY I DON’T KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING, I DON’T KNOW WHAT WE’VE DONE BUT THE FIRE IS COMING, SO I THINK WE SHOULD RUN !!

evadne desmures | information

• Evadne made the Whymeas sound like a fearsome beast indeed; giant monstrosities with endless endurance, and a hunger that could only be satiated through occasional cannibalism. But what could such a powerful species have in terms of weaknesses? Grey hued eyes narrowed into slits as she contemplated this, the girl waiting several heartbeats to see if Odysseus would intervene with his own twist. When he did not immediately jump to the opportunity, she decided to proceed. "The Whymeas were incapable of swimming, and were in fact petrified by fear when it came to the oceans that had begun to fill the world. When one fell into the water, they were known to sink like stone due to their tremendous body weight and lack of buoyancy. Many Whymeas were dying off due to the oceans that had started to coexist beside their familiar volcanic landscapes. Something needed to change, before these creatures went extinct. . ."