Hunting for you (PAFP)

• Plot ~ A hunting hound and their hunter shot down a fox who got away. Sending the hound after it becomes a challenge but when finding the creature does the hound help it's prey to take it home to their hunter to deal with. Either way a bond may form positive or negative.

Rules ~ If you lose interest please tell me and write more than two sentences is all I ask

- - Simply create a simple form and jump in - -

Form:

Aspen trots beside her hunter as he strides through the forest land near their homestead. This was her first real hunt, not a training session or a test this was the real deal. She was so excited though had to hide it by remaining calm and focused. Sniffing the ground as they head deeper and deeper, there was nothing until a fade scent brushed strongly through her nose, she never found this prey scent before but she yips to her hunter making him alert. Her hunter aims his gun spotting orange fur among the green brush. He kneels down, glazing through the scope for his target while Aspen sits beside him awaiting orders.

d4b2615edf034853aade43fc7fd47099--sunsets-beautiful.jpg

THE WILD HORSE IS WHERE I WANT TO RUN,

BEAUTIFUL, MYSTERIOUS, AND FREE.

~~ activity: 9/10 ✧ advanced ✧ Senior HS girl ✧ Virgo ~~

• Scout was out walking in the forest. He was quite hungry. He sniffed the ground for any sign of a squirrel or rabbit he could eat to keep himself satisfied for a few days. Scout glanced up to look around, his tail gently touching the leaves beneath him. He was going to have to get prepared for the approaching winter. Scout could smell something off. It was familiar, but yet foreign at the same time. Scout’s ears perked up and tried listening to his surroundings. For a split second, he could make out a human like figure alongside a canine. Scout didn’t hesitate to make a run for it. He couldn’t let himself stop running either.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

daily panic attacks ayyyy

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

• The hunter tenses, rubbing the trigger once the fox stopped rummaging the ground to look up, making eye contact with the creature was when he fired. He shot up and in a hushed, strict tone sent Aspen out.

Aspen barks and was quick on her paws to run after the fox, she did her best to follow his trail not wanting other scent to mix too much. Luckily fox was surprisingly quite strong so she gained quickly on the red creatures tail, barking at him to hopefully throw him off enough to lunge and tackle him. She wasn't big like some breeds of dog but she was fast and agile also had a bad bite when necessary.

• Scout was running as fast as he could. The dog was crazy fast though. Scout was lucky to get a head start in. Scout tried to think about where he was. He knew he was close to an abandoned den of his. Maybe he could hide there long enough and wait out the dog. Scout could see his old den in sight. It burrowed down into the ground, and maybe the entrance was too small for this dog. He dove into the hole whenever he was close enough. Scout crawled through the short tunnel into a bigger cave-like den. He turned around quickly in case he had to defend himself, but he was ready to turn around and quickly go outside of the other entrance.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

• Aspen was gaining on the fox until he suddenly ducked out of sight causing the canine to skid to a stop, her side ramming into a tree. She yelps but shakes it off. Sniffing the air, she lost the scent but after some trotting she caught it, leading to a den that was strong with his scent. She barks inside, growling a little as she lowers herself and tries to squeeze through, she was not as slim as a fox but build was small. She pushes through the small entrance, falling into a bigger opening. Quick to find her footing Aspen looks around spotting the fox and flattens her ears, draws back her lips making a growling snarl. Her tail was stiff and still as her body tensed to attack the creature and yet she couldn't do it. This was the first fox she ever encountered, the first prey that could fight her back.

• Scout was close to turning around, but he was more scared of turning his back on the canine than to fight it. He growled back the dog. The hair on the back of his neck lifted. He was just going to defend himself. He was trying to convince him so. Maybe he would get lucky and be able to leave without creating a scratch. Scout’s ears turned back, and he shifted his paws. He wouldn’t strike first, just prepare himself for a fight. Right?

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

• Aspen glances away from the fox as he seemed to prepare for a fight, defend his life she guessed and yet she didn't want to fight him. She lowers her head, claws digging into the ground before she launched forward wanting the fox to run. She could hurt him badly or kill him, either way her owner will find her or she will return home with the fox dragging behind her. "Do you really want to die?" asking the fox as she hovered closer to him in the air.

• Scout scrambled back with a snarl when she moved closer. He pressed back against the wall and lowered down. He still bared his teeth to show some kind of strength. At least he wasn’t totally submissive. Scout’s nose twitched at the dog’s question. “No.” He answered. “I don’t want to fight unless it’s the last option either.” Scout’s claws dug into the ground to keep his stance.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

• Aspen lands just in front of where he scrambled off to, did she feel sympathy for the fox or was she just pathetic? Still she stands up and loosens her body with a shake, sitting down she looks at the fox more like staring at him before angling her head up, closing her eyes. She howls loudly enough to create an echo, soon enough human footsteps could be heard outside near the entrance. She stops howling, lowering her head to look toward the fox then his exit "Run" ordering him as she remained in a sitting position.

• Scout watched the dog closely. He was nervous to what she was trying to do. Scout relaxed slightly seeing how the canine became more sympathetic. His hair grew back up when she started howling, quickly followed by the sound of footprints. He could already imagine his death. Scout looked fearfully up at the canine, just for her to tell Scout to run. Was she serious? He sat up some and glanced at the exit tunnel. He licked the dog’s cheek in appreciation before darting out through the tunnel and back into the forest. Scout took of running again, weaving behind some trees to hopefully lose the hunter.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

• Aspen was taken back by the fox's shown affection of kinda saving his life, she was gonna get it int he end anyways. Yet her hunter had found the exit and was set up for when eh came out as the fox darted out the hunter shot again aiming for his leg. When hearing the shot Aspen hurries out the entrance hole and joins her hunters side as he uses some black goggles (binoculars) to look for the fox and see if he hit it. Though was mere second Aspen felt her heart racing that the fox was alright and she hopefully would never have to hunt a fox again.

• Scout felt a sharp pain in his leg as he took off. He took a break behind one of the trees to lay down and examine his leg. Scout started panting. He was out of breath and he needed to rest for a bit. Scout looked at his leg, his ears going back seeing the bloody spot. The dog tricked him! She helped the hunter shoot him. Scout licked at the wound to try and help with the amount of blood flowing out of it.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

• VIXENS STORM

The hunter gave a rather happy gasp and order Aspen out again to chase down the fox. For once she hesitated leading to a hard smack on the head from his his black googles causing a sharp pain and a yelp escapes her. She regains composure and runs after the fox's direction though slowed once out of sight of her hunter, her head felt woozy after that good hit to her head, her sight seemed blurry but she shook it off. She trots on, sniffing the ground to spot blood in the dirt leading her a trail though she didn't want to follow it or even continue on as her sight begins to fade dark.

• Scout laid back. He still panted. The fox was exhausted. He hoped it was all over. Scout’s hope quickly disappeared whenever he heard the canine approaching. Scout hopped up, lifting his wounded leg up as he stood. He heard the paw steps slow down. Scout was ready to get his death over with, so he limped out from behind the tree to see the dog. She seemed in pain too. Scout hopped over to her side and licked her head. “Lay down for a bit.” He encouraged and limped back behind the tree. Scout looked back at the canine for her to follow before laying down.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

• VIXENS STORM

Aspen flicks her ears toward small steps, her eyes slow to follow as she was close to blacking out when she felt a lick on her head causing her to become alert. Only to see the fox encouraging her to lie down, still standing Aspen slowly turned her head in the direction of her hunter before returning it the direction of the fox. She reluctantly and rather unsteadily made her way behind the tree where she collapsed. Her head was starting to her hurt and her eyes shut finally, she'd never been hit like that before and couldn't really understand why. Somewhat still conscious she spoke "He got you." it was quiet and slightly slurred but loud enough for him to hear her.

• Scout licked the dog’s head some more before he laid his head down on top of her to keep watch for them. He couldn’t help but feel bad for the dog. She must’ve been hit hard by the human and that’s what made her yelp earlier. It must’ve been too hard. Scout’s ears perked forward hearing the canine talk. “Yeah.” He said and looked at his leg again. “Seems like he got you too though.”

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

• VIXENS STORM

Feeling the fox lick her head felt reassuring and helped calm her down, never had she felt relaxed as just now. Not minding when he laid his head over hers as if to protect her which to her was strange as to why he even cared due to her almost having him killed. Her eyes open to his comment of her hunter getting her too "He's never hit me that hard before..." whining a little as the stress of her hunter finding the fox came to mind. But she knew if she didn't rest for now she couldn't help "Please, you need to keep going" her tongue hanging out of her mouth as she began to pant "He'll find me and kill you, maybe me on the spot" she explains, closing her eyes once more. Not realizing a very little bit of skin was broken on the top of her head due to being hit by the corner of the object, still his pain must be worse with a bullet in his leg better than his head or heart.

• Scout almost listened to the poor dog’s request. He couldn't abandon her like this. He licked the top of her head where skin was exposed. “I need to stay here. At least until I know the human’s close. I’ll run off again when I hear or smell him. I’m more worries about you.” Scout said. Scout stood up. His ears moved forward as he listened for a bit. His leg was lifted up where he was shot. Scout looked back at the canine for a bit. He wished there was more he could do to help her.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

• VIXENS STORM

Aspen shifts to lie on her side, panting once he stood up "fine." opening her eyes again to look at the fox "What's your name?" she asks wondering if wild animals even had names. Her tail wags just a little feeling happy to his accompany "I'm Aspen" she introduces herself seeming to be able to speak without slurring anymore. Still her hunter was getting annoyed and setting off to find her and his game.

• “Scout.” He answered. Scout sat down for a bit to lick his wound again. He was ready to be able to lie down forever. Scout already missed the streams he would walk in to cool off. He missed being able to wake up in the morning and think about what he wanted to eat for the day. It seemed like all his simple pleasures were about to be taken away from him. Scout grew alarmed hearing the human’s footsteps. He wasn’t ready to say goodbye to Aspen. “Are you going to be okay?” He asked her before licking her wound a couple of more times.

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・

・・・・☆・・・・☆ ・・・・