I'm on my Way to The True Wisdom

Attachments will be temporarily unavailable - see HERE for more info.
  • Cato walked into the cafe a little while after Girona did,he made his way over to their regular seats "I see you beat me here this time"he chuckled looking at her with a smile. Cato sat down in his normal spot across from Giorna "it's good to see you again, I was beginning to think that I scared you away"he mumbled looking up at her with honest eyes. He fixed his scarf as he looks as the waitress brings out their drinks, he adds a sugar packet to his tea and mixes it slowly before taking a sip.

• Giorna smiled slightly at his comment.

"I was already partially dressed, so it didn't take me long to get ready," she chuckled, "I'm actually glad to see you, too. I would have contacted you sooner, but I had a lot to think about." She confessed. The Italian girl wasn't sure how to go about starting the conversation about the girl those men mentioned. She didn't want to bring bad memories back for Cato, but at the same time she had to know. She had to know, that way she could officially determine if she should ever tell him what she had planned to a week ago.

"I don't mean to offend you or anything but...I wanted to ask you something a little personal." She hesitated, giving him a worried look.

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream~Giorno Giovanna, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

tenor.gif?itemid=14654092

• Cato waited a moment before replying to her, he looked at her and then said "ok.....ask away." He sipped his tea nervously unsure of what she wanted to ask, theres no way its the question he is thinking it to be. He waited patiently and he sipped his tea looking up at Giorna with bright eyes.

• Giorna hesitated for a moment before finally getting up the courage to ask.

"Those two men, they mentioned someone and you seemed to get pretty worked up about it," she paused, averting her gaze to her own drink, "who was she?" She asked, taking a quick glance at the male across from her before looking back at her drink. "I don't mean to pry or bring up memories you don't like, I was just curious."

• Cato tensed a bit at the question and sipped his tea again, he took a whole before he spoke "no...its ok. Those men were talking about..."he paused "Rosalind Lutuce....she.....she was a amazing girl, she had a wonderful personality....she had so many ideas and so many dreams she wanted to achieve....she was great, one of the smartest people I knew...." Cato paused for a bit before speaking again "she was also....the love of my life......I felt whole around her she filled the the empty void inside of me....it was all going fine...until she was kidnapped and killed in front of me....."he drifted off as the memories of her came back,tears filled his eyes and rolled down his cheeks. He reached in his pocket and took out a photo of Rosalind and looked at it, he then laid it on the table for Giorna to see. The photo was of him with a girl who wore a blue,black and white flannel shirt with beautiful light brown skin, she had hazel eyes and long brunette hair. Cato pulled out another photo which showed him and Rosalind again but this time Rosalind had her lips pressed against his cheek and her eyes closed "I...didnt know...how i would live without her..."he whispered as tears rolled down his cheeks.

• ((Sorry! A friend came in from Washington and I've been out all day with her and just got home.))

Giorna sat there and intently listened to Cato's story. Her stomach sank and heart almost shatter. No wonder it made him so tense and upset when they mentioned her. It made her even more hesitant to confess now.

"She's very pretty! You two look really happy together." She looked at the picture with a small smile feeling her stomach twist and heart drop further. Giorna handed the picture back to him after looking at each of them for a moment.

Pulling a napkin from the box on the table she handed it to Cato, giving him a sad smile.

"I'm sorry you even had deal with something like that." She felt bad for him, not even someone with a life as dangerous or frightening as his.

• Cato nods his head "thanks, we were pretty happy"he responded to her, he wiped his face with the napkin and sniffled a bit. He looked up at her and said "sorry,I didnt mean to get all emotional on you"as he took a small sip of his tea. Cato placed the photos back into his wallet and then glanced back up at Giorna "Rosalind was great and I'll never find anyone like her, she was special...one of a kind. But she believed in not dwelling on the past, she would want me to move on. So that's what I'll do"he said.

• "That's alright, what are friends for anyway?" Giorna hummed, forcing a reassuring smile. She definitely didn't have the guts to say anything now how could she? Not after seeing how happy he was with Rosalind, Giorna doubted she could ever make him that happy. Not to mention she was nothing special compared to the dark skinned girl. She couldn't compete with that, she wouldn't even dare try to after what happened. Giorna sighed quietly.

'I'll just enjoy the friendship we have. I can't put him through something like that, it's not right.'

"Why don't we talk about something else? You know, to lighten the mood. How have you been this past week?" She quickly changed the subject.

• Cato looked up at her he studied her for a while,his tears were gone he sniffled a bit as he collected himself. He took a moment before he spoke "I think I have moved on....I know I'll never find someone as special as Rosalind because no one will ever be like her. But you..Giorna..are special as well. I dont normally accept invitations to go and meet someone if it's not business related, in fact I almost declined your first offer to have lunch. But I decided to humor you and go with it and you know what? I dont regret it because something told me to accept your offer, I feel as if it was Rosalind telling me to do it. I think she knew you were special and you know what. She was right, you are special Giorna and that's why I want to...no I need to tell you that I have feelings for you, I can feel that same spark I felt when I met Rosalind and I love it"he said looking up at her with his multi colored eyes.

• When she had suggested lightening the mood this certainly wasn't expected at all. Giorna's eyes widened as Cato kept talking. She couldn't say she wasn't happy, she was ecstatic! Her stomach was fluttering and heart skipping beats, but she was still hesitant. Cato had already reassured her that nothing would happen to her of he could help it and even if she had feelings for him Giorna was still a bit hesitant.

"You keep saying I'm special, but I'm really not," she chuckled, giving him a small smile, "besides wouldn't it, you know...wouldn't it be better to get with someone who knows about what goes on in your world?" She asked, giving him a concerned look. "I'd just get in the way, a liability if I got caught."

• Cato chuckled a bit "you sound exactly like Rosalind when I first met her, she said the exact same thing you did. I'm not that special and I'd be a liability"he said to her with a smile. Cato took a sip of his tea and then looked at her and said "I was in the exact same way when i first got involved, I didnt know a thing about what goes on and I felt like anything I did would be judged and wrong. Trust me, once you get to know everyone their not as scary as they seen, the Mafia can become like a family to you. It did for me, none of us were born into it well some were but majority weren't. I promise I can keep you safe, I have everything under control nothing would ever happen to you. Your not a liability, your a smart girl Giorna and I think you can handle yourself in any given situation"

• Giorna looked into her glass of lemonade, thinking on what Cato said. Her life was routine, and if a little boring. She loved running the bookstore, but it was so mundane and got boring after a while. The Italian thought about her family and coworkers, Cherry, Mista, and Mirio. Did they even allow people in the mafia to have pets?! Wait, Cato had a snake...but he was the Don...she internally sighed.

"What about my family? Or Cherry, Mista, and Mirio?" She asked, finally returning her gaze to the man across from her. "I know...I know there isn't a hundred percent guarantee they'll be safe but, but I don't want they to worry or snoop around and find out what's going on," she sighed, "if you can find a way to make sure they'll be safe and not find out about this then I'll...I'll give it a chance."

• "your pets are always welcome, as for your family they will never know unless you tell them. If they ask, just tell them I'm the head of a private security company. They'll only find out about who I am if you tell them, they will be safe as long as none of my enemies know about them which they wont"Cato replied to Giorna, her a smile as he sipped his tea. He glanced out the door to the bookshop and then back to Giorna "you have my word"he said. He searched Gironas expression for anything that might give away what she was thinking but he gave up and took a sip of his tea once again.

• "I see." Giorna hummed, glancing at her drink once more. Her family would be safe, so long as she kept her mouth shut basically. Being able to have her pets, her best friends, with her eased the worries a little. The only thing now was to accept or deny. Giorna didn't have to think long, she knew what her choice would be.

"Before I decide, I have two things to say," she looked up, "will I have to learn how to deal with weapons or anything like that?" She asked.

• "only if you want too,I won't force you into learning how to work with weapons unless you want to"Cato replied fo Giornas question with a little smile, he finished his tea and the wiped his mouth. He looked at her and then began to play around with one of the unused napkins beginning to fold it as he said "that was one, what is it you wanna say next?"

• It would be in her benefit to learn, but she would deal with that once everything here was settled. Now that she was sure of how Cato felt maybe it actually was the right time now to confess herself.

"Well, uh...it actually has to do with what I wanted to tell you before this while thing started," she started to get nervous, "I wanted to confess something last time we met, but then those two men came and everything just happened at once and then I wanted to be sure this is what I wanted and I'm rambling," she laughed nervously before clearing her throat, "last week, I invited you here because I wanted to confess my feeling for you. I really like you and during all those times we met up I started liking you more and more and I looked forward to our weekly lunches. And...I'd like to give this shot, give us a shot...if you want." She started messing around with her drink, running her fingers over the ridges or it and refusing to look at the man across from her.

• Listening to Giornas confession Cato smiled through it all, once she finished he reached across the table and took her hands in his. He looked at her and said "I would love to"as he held her hands, he smiled as her his multicolored eyes showing nothing but compassion and joy. "I would like nothing more, now, would you like to see our headquarters? Well for me it's my home more than it is work."he offered

• Giorna felt her face heat up from the warmth of Cato's hand on hers, but a smile was stretched across her face. It felt as if a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. She was still a little worried, but Giorna felt that she could trust him enough to keep his word on everything.

"Headquarters, huh? I'd love to, I'm curious to see what kind of place you live in." She quietly laughed. "I guess you're never late then," she joked, "I bet your boss is just thrilled." Giorna tried to cover up her laugh, but was unable to.