okay so i've been meaning to get this up for a while! avilius is pretty much open to anything at all so feel free to suggest anything.
just as a summary of his current state :
avilius is a survivor. he has lived through political turmoil and a previous takeover in his birth home which was a much worse situation than what the cartel currently finds themselves in. for this reason, coupled with various other factors such as his deteriorating mental state, he finds it difficult to take the whole thing seriously. although he would rather just live his life in peace, he sees no point in open rebellion and instead holds deceit and trickery in the highest esteem as methods of resistance. perhaps it is the fact that, by doing so, it leaves a deeper impression on those who dare to mess with him and his freedom.
amongst his formality and cordiality, avilius is also notably stubborn. if someone dislikes him, then he will not do anything to fix it because he believes that he does not need to change nor explain himself and his behaviour. overall, however, he is polite to those who he believes deserve it in spite of his general bluntness though will not tolerate harm to both flora and fauna (note: hurt birds and he'll hurt you). he extremely enjoys nature though so take him birdwatching or ask him to show his favourite plants and he'll be the epitome of delight. he also loves to talk about his research though is rather modest about what he is doing as he does not believe his scholarly upbringing to be of particular importance.
&&. takeover related plots
regarding the take over event, i figured it would be useful to put down some of the things that he'd be willing to do
- poisoning / drugging an exiler!! (note : he is a researcher with a focus on plants so it is not probable that he will fail in this)
- pretending to befriend an exiler
- injuring/maiming an exiler
- beat him up! beat him up! this will be a one time thing though as it is for plot purposes to trigger his electricity elementals so y/c will get electrocuted accidentally in the process oops.
- maybe? becoming a slave?? i don't really see him being a very fun one though because he's not exactly going to kick up much of a fuss about anything and i'd rather not have him get kicked about for the sake of it.