Inside a forest that resides by a meadow, lives a ferocious and mysterious wolf pack. These wolves have their eyes set on nothing but the elusive ShadowSilk herd, a flock of wild sheep that lives in the meadow right across from their territory. The pack has been trying to hunt them down in order to feed themselves, but the ShadowSilk herd is known for their invulnerability, making it near impossible to hunt down even just one little sheep. However, they do have one more plan that may finally give them want they want. Legend tells of a magical lake known as The Pool of Souls. Once one enters it, they will be transformed into anything they desire, and the wolves are going to use it to their advantage. They send one volunteer to find it, and miraculously it turns out the legend is real. Following with the steps of the plan, the wolf enters its waters, and emerges clad in wool, hooves, and a new face.
In other words, they have become a sheep.
Once their transformation was completed, they were assigned their next task; infiltrate the ShadowSilk herd and break it from the inside.
However, there are a few flaws with the plan. While the transformation lasts during the day, the wolf will turn back to normal during the night, so they have to stay away from the flock until morning. Luckily, the wolf uses this to their advantage, by using this time to report their progress to their pack, sharing all the secrets they learned from the sheep.
Despite this, there is still one problem that the wolf cannot seem to solve. The more they spend time with the herd, the more they seem to care for them, like they were her own pack.
Can the wolf gain the sheep’s trust without blowing their cover?
Will the wolf decide to stay with their pack or truly become a member of the ShadowSilk herd?
If they stay with the herd, can the sheep truly accept them for who they really are?
(The thread will start off when the wolf first arrives at the herd.)
The Pool of Souls
The Pool of Souls is a legendary and magical lake, illuminated by sunstones and moonstones. It is said that when a person finds the Pool of Souls, they can choose whatever they want to change about their appearance, and the Pool will follow suit. When the user enters the Pool, they must fully submerge themselves underneath its waters in order to work. Once they emerge from the lake, they will now be on the other side of it, looking like whatever appearance they wanted.
The user will only be able to keep their new appearance whenever the sun is up, and once it falls, the user will temporarily turn back to normal until morning.
In order to fully transform back to normal, the user must enter the Pool of Souls a second time.
Herd Leader (1): The Herd Leader is the one who is in charge of the herd. They give their sheep instructions on what to do to survive, and protects them from getting harmed. Herd Leaders can have mates, but their mates will be counted as regular members.
-William, played by aliferous
Commander (1): Commanders are the second-in-commands of the whole operation. They work closely with the Herd Leader, giving them advice and helping to make sure the Herd Leader’s commands are received. When the Herd Leader, their mate, or the heirs are unable to rule, then the Commander will become the new Herd Leader.
Heirs (Closed for now): The offspring of the Herd Leader. The eldest heir will become the leader once the Herd Leader is unable to. Currently, at this point of the story, the Herd Leader and their mate have no offspring, and the heir position will be open when they have children during mating season.
General (1): The General is the head of the guard sheep, leading them into battle and training them to be stronger.
Doctors (6-7): The medical staff of the herd, doctors are highly valued for their ability to heal the sick and the injured. These skills make them incredibly valuable to the herd, earning them this spot on the ranking list. However, they do not lead anything in particular and are still regular members, so they are the lowest of the higher ups.
Tacticians (8-10): Tacticians are the most intelligent members of the herd, they do anything from planning the schedule for the day, to counting how many resources they have, to even helping out the General and the Guard Sheep on strategizing their battle plans.
Guard Sheep (Unlimited): Despite the stereotype of sheep says that they’re meek and mild, Guard Sheep are strong and tough fighters whose sole purpose is to protect the herd. They do this by either staying in the territory and looking out for predators, going out to the edge of the territory to do a patrol check for intruders, or go outside the territory to fight in battles or wars. They protect the pack from everything from predators to even other sheep.
Scouts (Unlimited): A scout’s job is to venture outside of the territory in order to look for anything the herd needs. They may go out to find some supplies, or a new home for the herd if the old one is being taken over.
Flock Members (Unlimited): These are the rest of the members and make up the majority of the herd. They have no big skills to put them into any of the other ranks, but they still help out and pull their own rank. Flock Members do whatever task needs to be done for the day and are assigned different jobs as opposed to having a single permanent one.
Lamb Sitters (Unlimited): Lamb Sitters are the members of the flock who take care of the young ones. They can either be pregnant or nursing ewes who are taking a break from their normal job to raise their children, or volunteers whose role as Lamb Sitter is a permanent job. Can be either gender.
Subordinates (Unlimited): The new recruits of the field. These are sheep who were not born in the ShadowSilk herd and instead joined it later on. When these sheep first join, they become subordinates. From there, other herd members show the subordinates around the territory and teach them about the ranks and customs of this specific flock. Then they teach them how to do specific jobs and train them on how to do it well. After all this, when the sheep is ready, they will shed their subordinate rank and become one of the other ranks.
-Eclipse, played by KairosLion
Trainees (Unlimited): Trainees are adolescent lambs, aged between 5 weeks to 11 months. They are trained by their mentors to learn how fulfill the jobs occupied by their teachers. They are very similar to subordinates, but they normally get their ranks later than the subordinates, as they have to wait until they become adults to gain a job.
Elders (Unlimited): The old and wise members of the herd. Once a sheep is too old to work, they will retire and their title will then on be known as “elder”.
Lambs (Unlimited): Contrast to the elders, they are the young members of the herd, aging from newborn to four weeks of age. While trainees are still technically lambs as well, they are teenagers who can have internships, while these lambs are either babies, toddlers, or children, and spend their days learning from their parents and the lamb sitters.
Unworthy (0-3): The unworthy are sheep who have challenged the herd leader to a fight, with the winner becoming the new leader, and have failed as a result. The herd leader views them as traitors for trying to overthrow the leader, and have become the lowest ranking member of the herd, often being picked on by the higher ranks.
A+B means A and B are mates
A-B means A and B are siblings
A=B means B is the child of A
AxB means A has a crush on B
A/B means A and B used to be mates, but aren’t anymore, due to one reason or another
A*B means A mentors B
A:B means A adopted B as their child
A means A is dead
No relations currently.
1. Mating or birthing scenes must be blurred out.
2. There will be some mild blood and violence, but nothing too gory.
3. Swearing is allowed, but any form of slurs will get you kicked out. Even if you didn’t know what you said was a slur, don’t be surprised if I mention to you that what you said isn’t allowed.
4. No fighting OOC, feel free IC.
5. You can’t kill or have a relationship with another person’s character without their permission first.
6. No godmodding, Mary Sues, or other OP characters. All characters must be realistic, with strengths and flaws.
7. Your character’s appearance must be a photograph, preferably from a public domain source. No drawings or artwork.
8. You can only reserve ranks for a set amount of time. Once time is up and you do not have a form for your reserved character yet, I will have not choice but to give up your reservation.
9. This will be a sort of slice of life type thread, following the daily life inside the herd. It will not be all about the wolf, as that is just a ticking timebomb and a plot point/arc in the story. Because of this, no characters are more important than others and all will get equal amount of attention. If someone is feeling left out, then go ahead and interact with their character!
10. Additionally, the reveal of the wolf is most certainly going to be a slow burn, as I want to spend most of the time with the wolf slowly getting attached to the herd and being put in positions that could threaten their mission. So if you really can’t wait the majority of the thread for the wolf to be revealed as a wolf, then I’m sorry but this is most likely not the thread for you.
11. Despite the first post mentioning a wolf pack, the wolf pack will consist of NPCs. You cannot play as a wolf in this thread. You can only play as a sheep who is a part of the ShadowSilk herd, as that is what the thread will be focused on. The only exception is the wolf who is disguising themselves as a sheep, but even then they will be a sheep the majority of the thread.
12. Other than the magic pool and the transforming sheep-wolf, the thread will be pretty realistic in the sense that none of the sheep are anthropomorphic, none of them have powers, none of them have abnormal wool colors.
13. Since the wolf is a sheep during the day and back to normal during the night, they will spend the evening hours making sure no one sees their transformation and telling their pack information they have gathered. When the wolf runs back to tell their pack everything, your sheep is not obligated to follow them. They can hang with the other sheep if you want them to.
14. As stated previously, the herd leader and their mate currently have no offspring. Because of that, you are not allowed to have an heir character. Around spring, aka mating season, sheep will choose a mate and mate with them. (I will let you know when that happens). During that point is when you can have an heir character, however, note that they will most likely be babies for a while.
15. This is a semi-advanced to advanced thread, so no one liners. Your posts must have at least five sentences.
16. LGBTQ are welcome!
17. These are wild sheep, so there are no humans or sheepdogs. There territory is located in an open field in front of a forest.
18. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or major plot ideas, please PM me.
19. This is a silly concept, so have fun!
20. If you read all the rules, write “Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing” in the other section.
Photo of your character:
Nicknames, if any:
Brief Appearance Description:
Personality (10 sentences min. Include strengths and weaknesses.):
Likes and Dislikes (list five for each):
Turn Ons and Turn Offs (optional):
History (5 sentences min.):
Parents (adopted and/or biological):
Mates (present and past):
Mentor/Apprentice (strictly for trainees and their mentors):
Other relationships (aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc.):
Do you have enough muse for this thread:
Plot ideas for entire thread:
Plot ideas for individual character:
Nicknames: Clipse, Clipsy, New Recruit, Recruit, Newbie, The Spy, The (Literal) Black Sheep of the Herd, The Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing
Age: 4 years
Assigned Sex: Female
Preferred Gender: Cisgender Female
Sexuality: Demisexual Demiromantic
Rank: Currently an outsider to the herd, will become a subordinate when she gets accepted
Desired Rank: Guard sheep
Brief Appearance Description: Eclipse has night black fur/wool, contrasting to the cloud white sheep around her, making her a literal black sheep of her new herd. Her other distinguishing features would be a small white ring around her muzzle, and amber, beast-like eyes that even translate to her sheep form.
Personality: At this point in time, Eclipse puts her duty as a pack member before anything else. Back in her home, the alpha and some of the other wolves tended to be harsh on her, causing her to seek their validation and do the best she could. This attitude makes her quick to get things done, dedicated and without distractions. This also makes her more serious and intelligent, but also causes her to have trouble socializing and taking jokes. The only jokes she likes to make are sarcastic and dark comments, ones that most of the sheep don’t really get or find funny. Eclipse treats everyone around her, wolf or sheep, like a coworker, keeping every relationship on a purely business level. She seems cold and stiff, brushing off people who she thinks are annoying or getting on her case, even leading her to be hot headed at times. Due to her upbringing as an intimidating wolf warrior, she is a capable fighter with some brutal attacks. Eclipse is frank and brutally honest, sometimes not caring about other’s feelings. While Eclipse seems mean and terrible, she honestly just wants to please others the only way she knows how, by providing for their organization. She wants to feel good about herself and wants people to like her, but she just honestly doesn’t entirely know. She can be nice, funny, and even protective of others, she just needs to warm up to others, especially the fact that she’s been forced to act more strict and serious as a result of the environment she grew up in.
Likes: Hunting and eating flesh, Feeling validated, Dark humor, fireflies, sweet flavors
Dislikes: Having to eat grass, procrastination, people who are annoying, idiots, sticky textures
Turn Ons: Kind, Charming, Has her sense of humor, Intelligent
Turn Offs: Jerks, Arrogant, Idiots, Jocks
History: Eclipse wasn’t always a part of a pack. She lived on her own for a bit until she came across a forest with a group of local wolves. She had a feeling that it would help her survival if she joined them, but most of these wolves were tough, so she had to prove herself to get in there. Even then, once she had joined, she constantly had to prove herself or fear getting kicked out. She stayed there the rest of her life until her most recent mission. She heard that they needed a volunteer for the sheep transformation and infiltration plan. Using this as a way to impress the alpha, she volunteered.
Crushes: None yet
Apprentice: None yet, OPEN when she “graduates” being a subordinate
Other relationships: Unknown
Do you have enough muse for this thread: I’ll try
Plot ideas for entire thread:
-Maybe another sheep herd invades and the ShadowSilk herd has to stop them
-The reason why the ShadowSilk herd is so hard to hunt is revealed. Perhaps it could even also be a supernatural reason, similar to the Pool of Souls.
Plot ideas for individual character:
-I would absolutely love if she and another sheep eventually fell in love with each other. It would be very cute and cause a lot of drama. >:3
-An arrogant and jock-like sheep keeps asking Eclipse to be his mate and telling other sheep that he and Eclipse are mates. Eclipse gets so fed up with this jerk, that she attacks him in wolf form.
Other: Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing