Wolf in Sheep’s Clothing (Jump-In Herd RP) Remake

• Inside a forest that resides by a meadow, lives a ferocious and mysterious wolf pack. These wolves have their eyes set on nothing but the elusive ShadowSilk herd, a flock of wild sheep that lives in the meadow right across from their territory. The pack has been trying to hunt them down in order to feed themselves, but the ShadowSilk herd is known for their invulnerability, making it near impossible to hunt down even just one little sheep. However, they do have one more plan that may finally give them want they want. Legend tells of a magical lake known as The Pool of Souls. Once one enters it, they will be transformed into anything they desire, and the wolves are going to use it to their advantage. They send one volunteer to find it, and miraculously it turns out the legend is real. Following with the steps of the plan, the wolf enters its waters, and emerges clad in wool, hooves, and a new face.

In other words, they have become a sheep.

Once their transformation was completed, they were assigned their next task; infiltrate the ShadowSilk herd and break it from the inside.

However, there are a few flaws with the plan. While the transformation lasts during the day, the wolf will turn back to normal during the night, so they have to stay away from the flock until morning. Luckily, the wolf uses this to their advantage, by using this time to report their progress to their pack, sharing all the secrets they learned from the sheep.

Despite this, there is still one problem that the wolf cannot seem to solve. The more they spend time with the herd, the more they seem to care for them, like they were her own pack.

Can the wolf gain the sheep’s trust without blowing their cover?

Will the wolf decide to stay with their pack or truly become a member of the ShadowSilk herd?

If they stay with the herd, can the sheep truly accept them for who they really are?

(The thread will start off when the wolf first arrives at the herd.)

The Pool of Souls

ShadowSilk Ranks

Relationships

Rules

Form

My Character

Note: I deeply and sincerely apologize if I randomly become inactive on RPs. Know that I mean no ill-will and that I may occasionally become randomly inactive due to the fact that I sometimes have no will to do anything, even if it is things that I do genuinely enjoy. I will try to respond when I am able to get out of the funk and anxiety that sometimes happens, and if you wish to reboot a thread that I may have accidentally killed, I will do whatever I can to help you.

The post was edited 2 times, last by KairosLion ().

• Eclipse|Female|Young Adult|Open for Interaction

Eclipse emerged out of the forest into the wide open plain. She couldn’t believe it actually worked. It seemed crazy, ludicrous, STUPID even. That pond was actually real! And she somehow managed to swap species. Eclipse walked slowly, still getting used to her new form. Instead of a graceful, elegant predator, she was now slow and meek prey. She huffed in frustration. The sooner we get done with this mission, the sooner I get out of this dump, and instead get to eat some tasty livestock. Her thoughts reassured her. Her ambers eye rolled over to face her target, the large herd of sheep grazing just a few feet in front of her. Naturally, as a wolf, Eclipse was never afraid of sheep. They were about one of the least threatening prey animals her pack had faced. However, a hint of nervousness crept of her body, even though she was afraid to admit it. How was she supposed to approach them anyway? Should she just walk up and say hello? Tell them her tragic backstory and why she needed a new herd? The alpha didn’t exactly prepare her with something to say. She bit her lip, staring at the cloud of mutton placed before her. She eyed her surroundings, glancing back in forth between the forest where she came, and her new destiny placed before her. She couldn’t just go home. Not now. What would the other wolves think of her? Besides, apparently, and quite inconveniently, the spell didn’t last during the night, so she couldn’t waste any time. She snorted, growled even, in frustration. She was a cunning and ferocious wolf. She would do her duty with no hesitation and serve her pack for the good. With that, she headed forward, keeping a low profile around the other sheep. She wanted them to address her before she talked to them, that way it would be easier to work up the ranks. The wolf in sheep’s clothing slinked in close, without another sound.

Note: I deeply and sincerely apologize if I randomly become inactive on RPs. Know that I mean no ill-will and that I may occasionally become randomly inactive due to the fact that I sometimes have no will to do anything, even if it is things that I do genuinely enjoy. I will try to respond when I am able to get out of the funk and anxiety that sometimes happens, and if you wish to reboot a thread that I may have accidentally killed, I will do whatever I can to help you.

• img_3946.jpg

William - herd leader - 9 years

As the leader of such a vulnerable herd, William was bound to always be worrying about something. The wolves had disappeared from the meadow as of late, but the ram would be damned if he let his guard down at any moment. He hadn't led his herd this far through life for nothing. One had to be nothing short of the best to survive in this world. He stood in the very middle of the herd, brushing off apologies as his herd jostled past him on their own business.

Already full on his noon grazing, the Karakul ram picked up his head and strutted through the crowd on stiff legs. His head bobbed with each step, and he stopped every few yards to sniff the earth or glance towards the tree line. Nothing yet. Among the herd, he spotted a familiar charcoal pelt, and his aging vision could just make out the sheep's amber eyes. "Ah, Polly," William greeted the sheep he thought to be his daughter. "Have you spoken with Angel like I asked? He was eager to see you the other day. Wait, don't tell me..." The old ram's eyes narrowed, and he craned his neck to the sheep's face before a knowing smile came upon his own. "You smell different. That must be his scent. Have you finally realized he is a good suitor?"

Several nearby heads turned to the pair, confusion upon a few of their faces. They whispered among each other, before they were nudged silent by a wiser few and returned to grazing, ears still turned in the direction of their leader.

• Eclipse|Female|Young Adult|Interacting with: William aliferous

Eclipse was quite surprised to see that any of the sheep seemed to address her immediately, let alone the herd leader. Maybe I’m not as good of a spy as I thought. She thought playfully to herself, before snapping out of it instantly. No. She couldn’t be saying that, not even as a joke. She needs to be the best spy she can and be at the most alert attention at all times in order to get this mission straight. Luckily for her, the herd’s leader seemed pretty relaxed and even friendly from his introduction, and she at least needed the leader’s confirmation before anyone else’s. Eclipse knew this was her chance to make her move and complete the first step of her pack’s plan; getting in. She stepped forward, nerves tingling her back a little bit, but she ignored it and maintained her professional tone. “Actually, no. I’m sorry but I am not Polly. My name is Eclipse. I’m afraid that my herd was attacked by a pack of wolves,” she started, explaining her strange scent. “I have been searching for another herd for weeks now before coming across yours. I was wondering if you could please provide shelter. In return, I will provide any service you may wish for me using my skills.” She took a step back, looking dead into the old sheep’s eyes for the final verdict.

Maybe Beelzebub.   Evengaline and stormy ! might like this???

• bump