The Day the Dinosaurs Died (Jump-In Dinosaur Group RP)

• Plot

Rules

Form

The dark brown utahraptor made her way to the back of the cave, propping her way up on top of a stone. She glances up at the many dinosaurs she had invited into the room. Animals from all over, from the size of birds, to the height of trees, loomed over her, chatting away nervously about the current situation. Saltlake gulped slightly nervously, for she had felt the weight of the situation and the lives of everyone around her was all resting upon her shoulders. It also didn’t help that, while she was by no means one of the smaller dinosaurs, there were beasts far larger than her that could attack her in an instant if they did not like what she had to say. Sighing, she knew what had to be done, and cleared her throat. “So you all may have known why I have brought you here, and yes, it is in part because of the news that have been spreading around,” she started. “A few weeks ago, there have been news that a few miles from here, an asteroid hit the earth, spreading an eternal winter throughout that region, sentencing the inhabitants to starvation. A few days later, another area of land, not too far from here, was hit with another asteroid, devastating the plant life and food sources. Now, new have spread that a large comet in the sky seems to be headed towards this exact location, and if the same thing that happened those two other times will happen again...” She paused. “...We will all surely die. While we do not know for certain if any more asteroids will strike the earth, I have decided that it would be best if we all headed East, as far away from the crash sites, so we will at least stay safe for a few more months. While this may be a controversial opinion, I believe it is the best option if we all stick together in order to better ensure our survive. However, if we go along with this, we must create a truce. No herbivore, omnivore, or carnivore may hurt one of their brethren until we reach the new lands.” Saltlake swished her tail, a twinge of nerves stopped her from waiting for everyone’s reactions. “First order of business, we need to vote on a leader. Someone with the proper strength, intellect, social skills, and leadership skills who will be capable enough to bring us into the new world.” She finally stopped.

Ivy

The triceratops made her way through the crowd of other dinosaurs, very carefully. To Ivy, it was a bit odd and unnerving to see so many carnivores together in one room, but she can understand why they were there. Who wouldn’t be there after the news just hit? Ivy made her way to the center of the room, making sure more of the smaller dinosaurs could see. She looked up at the utahraptor leading the group, hanging onto every word she said. Still, once the speech was done, the last sentiment couldn’t help but gnaw at her brain. A truce between predator and prey? While she was not one to assume others’ motives, Ivy lived all her life learning to stay away from carnivores out of fear of being eaten. Could an arrangement like that even work? Of course, Ivy herself would not oppose the truce. The issue was that she was not quite sure about the others...

Note: I deeply and sincerely apologize if I randomly become inactive on RPs. Know that I mean no ill-will and that I may occasionally become randomly inactive due to the fact that I sometimes have no will to do anything, even if it is things that I do genuinely enjoy. I will try to respond when I am able to get out of the funk and anxiety that sometimes happens, and if you wish to reboot a thread that I may have accidentally killed, I will do whatever I can to help you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KairosLion ().

• ShatteredDimensions Certainly, and thank you!

Note: I deeply and sincerely apologize if I randomly become inactive on RPs. Know that I mean no ill-will and that I may occasionally become randomly inactive due to the fact that I sometimes have no will to do anything, even if it is things that I do genuinely enjoy. I will try to respond when I am able to get out of the funk and anxiety that sometimes happens, and if you wish to reboot a thread that I may have accidentally killed, I will do whatever I can to help you.

• ((I can't get a decent post up right this second but here's my character! I hope my lil guy is okay for this))

• ShatteredDimensions I love him! Maybe he can prove his work by a scene where half the group gets separated and is in danger, so they need him to fly out to find the other group and get help.

Also, this is a jump in thread, so you don’t have to wait for me to approve you character. Go on and jump in if you’d like!

• Omllll this looks RAD.

Also my starter sucks and I'm sorry.

c2ecd37d976a88c570f406d7bf097444.gif

LEAVE BEHIND YOUR HEART

AND CAST AWAY

---

Quietly pushing his way through the front of the gathering of creatures having been invited here by the utah raptor perching herself in a rock, the dark form of Keene emerges. Smaller dinosaurs hurriedly scatter out of the way of the often hotheaded megaraptoran, apparently not keen on getting in his way, while the ones that do not move are simply pushed aside or walked around. Amber eyes, usually gleaming bright like fire and honey but muted and dull brown in the dark of the cavern, seek out Saltlake and Keene tips his long snout up to gaze at the brown raptor.

They should move East, she says. It'll be safer the further they are from the crash site and the Murusraptor must agree with her. While moving far from the estimated impact zone may not guarantee survival, it definitely beats just sitting around waiting to die by meteor strike. He can't say he's Keene (puns to) on the thought of going anywhere though. Alas his desire to live overides his stubborn want to stay put. The real kicker to this situation though is what Saltlake proposes next

A truce.

Keene's muted Amber eyes narrow in deep thought. The predator isn't opposed to this truce. For now. Truces and oaths can be bent and broken in dire situations. He as a carnivore knows that things can go south real fast. The megaraptoran hopes it doesn't come to that. The asteroids are bad enough, they really don't need to be disagreeing and slaughtering each other at times like this. They can't afford to be fighting one another. Hopefully most will be in favor of forming a truce and working as one. If not, they'll all be doomed and he knows that for a fact.

Never a shy creature even in the face of possible disasters like this, he raises his head further and sweeps his gaze over the others before pinning it back on Saltlake. Instead of waiting on any kind of formal instruction, he rashly speaks out as he tends to do, "Why not you?" He voices gruffly but not unkindly. Raptors are naturally pack animals after all and she's the one that called them all here in the first place. So why not name a raptor as leader? Personally Keene thinks the one up on the rock is a good fit for command. Of course given his species, he's not exactly an expert on pack dynamics and leadership. He's confident in his personal decisions nonetheless, stubborn creature that he is and set in his ways. His vote already cast, it stands with Saltlake.

---

RATHER BE THE HUNTER

THAN THE PREY

Brave men do not kill dragons

Image result for dragon rider quotes

Brave men ride them

Please consider helping my dragons grow <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Evengaline ().

• ~Little Dove~ would you be interested in this by any chance?

Though the cave was dark, an even darker shadow fell upon the backs of those that had gathered. Shoving her way through the crowded dinosaurs, even as they growled in irritation or screeched in terror, came Stomp. Like everyone here, she had been summoned by the raptor who now perched on a rock, and she intended to hear what the other female had to say. Shouldering towards the front of the group with little effort, as dinosaurs cowered in her presence or simply moved to let her through, she comes to stand beside Keene, the Murusraptor. Naturally, she's much larger than the male, though she doesn't seem to pay him much attention as she raises her huge feathered head to watch Saltlake.

By the end of the raptor's monologue, many a thoughts were swarming around in the old rex's head, but she didn't voice them just yet, even as the Murusraptor beside her was quick to vote for Saltlake to lead. Crimson eyes narrowing as she finally swiveled her head to stare at Keene, Stomp took a moment to sort through her brain. Leaving would most certainly be the best idea. If they stayed they would just be sentencing themselves to death, and the Tyrannosaurus wasn't one to give up so easily.

But a truce? There were only so many ways that could end, and though she wouldn't be the one to break it, some other buffoon would, without a doubt, end up killing some poor soul before all of this was over. And then bloody carnage would ensue, and they would have all turned on each other. Death would win anyway. But it was a risk they must all take, or die sooner rather than later.

Finally, Stomp rumbles her agreement, casting her vote for the raptor responsible for calling them all here: "Yes, I agree. Why not you?" It only seemed fitting. Though part of the old rex wasn't pleased about the idea of being in a group, being the independent carnivore that she was, but she knew that survival was too crucial and depended on it.

//horrible starter, sorry ;u;

FLY PHOENIX, FLY

IT'S TIME FOR A NEW EMPIRE

22 | she/her | tag or dm if needed

The post was edited 1 time, last by stormy ! ().

• Saltlake - Interacting with: Everyone

Saltlake was flattered, quite frankly. Sure, she had a gloated feeling that she would be a healthy candidate for leader, I mean she was the one to invite them all there and made up the plan, but it still made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Saltlake’s guilty little pleasure was being praised for her intellect. Still, she did want to make sure who everyone had a say. “Alright I will make myself candidate,” she turned to face the rest of the crowd. “All in favor of me as leader say aye.”

Ivy - Interacting with: Stomp stormy !

Ivy looked up at the tall Tyrannosaurus Rex making her way through the crowd. She didn’t seem to be bothered with other dinosaurs behind her. A little bit...frustrated with the T-Rex, she decided to ignore those feelings. Besides, what the utahraptor in front of them was discussing was a lot more important. The triceratops hung onto every word she said, including the aspect of a leader. She turned her head around as other dinosaurs chimed in their opinions. So far, everyone seemed to want Saltlake as their leader, and from what she seemed, she had to agree. “I also agree, I think you would be quite fitting as leader.” Ivy chimed in, the first herbivore to say so. The plant eater had a feeling all eyes were on her now, especially the two other dinos who just voiced their opinion. She decided to make her move. “Excuse me, but would you mind moving back a little? Some of the smaller dinosaurs can’t see.” She asked politely, turning to the large and menacing t-rex beside her, teeth shimmering like daggers.

(low muse.) Know anyone else who may like this RP?

• ((Oof sorry, I've been busy and didn't have time to get an actual to post up until now! Kinda low muse right now and I generally just suck at starters oof

Kushala Daora  

~:Wanderer:~  

Y'all might like this?))

Thanks to the small size of the male paired with swift little wings to carry him out of reach of angry teeth-snappers, Flit darts over the heads of the other dinosaurs with ease. Larger ones are of course shoving their way to the front while smaller ones move about underfoot trying not to get squished. The Dimorphodon considers himself lucky that he's a small, flying reptile. The vibrantly colored flier pins his orbs on Saltlake as she speaks, "Aye!" He chirps excitedly, folding his wings in and diving to boldly land on the ridge of Keene's snout. He hadn't actually been paying attention but he understands that they are all in danger and that Saltlake should be the one to lead them away from it.