Sweetheart you look a little tired {P. Sagepaw}

• Ghost of who I used to be && Loner & tags

Dusk couldn't sleep in the warriors den...

It was cramped and made her claustrophobic, especially since she had lived her whole life alone. Dusk had decided to take a small walk just as everyone had settled off to sleep. Her internal clock was still reversed from when she had realized that it was actually safer to travel at night, when the world slept and the prey thought they were safe. The jet black molly simply let her paws carry her, her mind too deep in thought to really register where she was headed. Suddenly, she stopped. It was a clearing, and for some reason, the place made Dusk sick and very very afraid. She felt her ears flatten against her skull as she backed away slowly, taking rapid breaths as if she felt something large and very big was looming over her. The ex-loner would suddenly turn and run, paws thudding against the ground until she found another clearing. This one holding a large tree in the center. She barely stopped herself from slamming into the trees' trunk and she curled up in a ball among it's roots. She stayed there for a few heartbeats, trying to calm her nerves as she looked around. Where...where was she? The jet black she-cat finally calmed down enough to rise to her paws and look up at the tree she had taken shelter in. It really was huge! Her amber eyes that had been wide in fear were now wide in awe. A soft smile would touch her maw, as the phantom threat melted away and she became bold once more. Her powerful legs would propel her up the trunk and onto the nearest branch. The view could take any cats' breath away, and she was grateful she had found it.

//

.SAGEPAW.

"please remember me..."

• somehow it seems like this is her place. she hasn't been here long- doesn't know why her heart seems attached to the pines and soft ground of her new home, but she spends more time in this clearing than perhaps she should. maybe because it's such a quiet place, sacred and beautifully haunting, or maybe because it feels like no one else comes here. she understands why- they don't want to relive the trauma of their leader's death, but she feels at home here, so that's what counts in her mind. thornlike claws grip the bark of the great tree, fur ruffling in the wind as she stands atop the world. the stars are like diamonds, so close that she can almost reach up and pluck one out of the great blanket of sky. it's only when the scrabbling sound of life occurs below her that the apprentice glances down, pressing close to the trunk of the tree, out of sight from the shadow-like shape that climbs deftly into the branches. another lost soul, she thinks, before she has time to turn off her mind. perhaps it won't hurt to make another friend- the woman certainly entered her clearing in a hurry. so, in silence, the silver goddess leaps down, blinking soft golden eyes. "can't sleep?"

☾*: sun is gonna shine again —————

sage / tags / loner/ PENNED BY lavendes

• Ghost of who I used to be && Loner & tags

The voice was unexpected, but not unwelcome. Dusk would turn her head and blink at Sagepaw. She felt a sort of bond with the apprentice, both of them had been loners, taken in by the kindness of Shadowclan and finding a place to call home. "Sagepaw," She would speak warmly, clearly happy to see her clanmate as she waved her tail, as if inviting her to sit with her, "You are correct. After life as a loner, it's been difficult to sleep around so many other cats in such a tight space." Her smile would shrink just a little bit before she shook her head and continued, "What about you? Can't sleep either?"

"please remember me..."

• she nods, settling herself a few tail lengths away on the branch. thornsharp claws grip the bark, her tail wrapping around her paws as she ponders the woman's words. "yeah i get that. i never really knew what it was like to be alone until i... left my old home. but i got used to it. being around all these cats again is weird. maybe 'cause they're all so nice." she remembers days gone by without any word to anyone, her voice seemingly gone as she ran from her past. maybe it's fate that she's been driven here. and as for dusk's question- "yeah i guess not. i dunno, i sometimes just like to come here."

silence seeps into their surroundings again, and sagepaw is more than happy to just sit here, looking out over her newfound kingdom. but maybe the warrior wants to talk, and so golden eyes turn to flick over the dark shape. "you got anything on your mind, or..? sometimes i find when i can't sleep it's because some problem hasn't been solved in my head."

☾*: sun is gonna shine again —————

sage / tags / loner/ PENNED BY lavendes