wayward son :: flipping, o

• Laying on his side, chewing absently on a straw of some type of grass. He savored the cold stalk until the crackling ice finally melted and replaced with the bitter taste of cow fodder. He grumbled, sniffling, the early signs of a cold already betraying his sparse sense of peace. His mind still a churning mix of emotions, static and ready to spread. It was hard resting, it was difficult finding peace. He was a thrill seeker, a man who numbed his internal pain with outward pain. He needed to feel.

He hauled himself to his paws so fast he nearly shorted out his brain, he blinked away the dizzy haze still chewing on the grass stalk as he scanned the camp. The fresh wounds of watching his sister give away her kits, still playing back in the depths of his murky mind. Shit, he was getting himself mad again. Dustdevil rolled his eyes to the world and charged, legs shoving forth and carrying muscle and unstable notions with it.

Screw it. He launches himself straight into the air, kicking his hindlegs backwards and urging his hindquarters to capsize. Curling his forearms and bowing in the momentum, his flip is successful however his judgment hadn’t quite taken notice of the loose rocks. His blonde paws wagging wildly beneath him, landing as steady as a newborn foal, he staggered and fell face-first into the frosted ground. "HA HA-…. ow…" he laughs off the pain, spitting out a mouth full of dirt in the process. He savors the adrenaline however, getting a much needed fix he got from jumping the cliff along the coast back home. "I’m an idiot....Ha... one more time" he laughs again, wiping the small stream of blood from his nose to ready himself for round two.

;; inspiration music

JZ9WGKZ.png?1

" I'M FINISHED MAKING SENSE, DONE PLEADING IGNORANCE. "

( skyclan warrior ) ⋆ ( chaotic neutral ) ⋆ ( pretty boy ) ⋆ ( LaPerm )

D U S T D E V I L

• "Did you just...flip?" Brackenstep's voice was equal parts bemusement and amusement. The chocolate tabby had been in the middle of a doze in the middle of camp when he saw the unexpected blur of motion, and he lifted his head to study Dustdevil through bleary eyes. "Wh-wh-what're you up to?" he inquired through a yawn, reflecting on the kit-like merriment of the other warrior and the slight, worrying trickle of blood leaking from his snout. "And be careful, please." he added in a tone of slight exasperation, his willowy body tensing instinctively at the sight of an injured Clanmate - even a trifling injury like Dustdevil's.

( when can i say i love you, and have it not be a lie? )

• "why is it that every time i see you, you're fallin' onto your face like an imbecile?" he snorted as he stopped in front of the curly-furred tom, looking down his snout at him. the blood that trickled down from dustdevil's nose wasn't too concerning to the senior warrior. it was such a small amount, and while kestrelswoop knew nothing about medicine and healing, he was convinced that a little nosebleed wasn't going to hurt anyone. especially not this tom, who seemed to have a knack for not sticking his landings. "don't worry 'bout him, brackenstep," he called over his shoulder to the other warrior who'd witnessed dustdevil's fall, and had been considerably more worried about dustdevil's wellbeing. "he's taken a tumble from th' tree branches 'nd just about dislocated his jaw before; a little nosebleed isn't goin' t' kill 'em."

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS, THEY BREED IN MY HEAD ———— ・゚✧ 」

ethical contradictions between my actions and what i've said — information

• Brackenstep’s question made it that much more funnier, he didn’t no why but it did. He laughed hard at himself, he liked an audience he supposed. Whether he was doing something stupid or worthy of applause. "I DID. oops, silly me, Must’ve forgotten how to walk" he joked, despite the tint of blood on his teeth he exposed them as he laughed. "Sorry to wake you dude" he apologized as the warrior questioned him. "Well… usually I land on my feet… so I’m not quite sure WHAT I’m doin’" he joked again because he wasn’t serious, he can’t be serious in this moment. The worry of his clanmate however, stopped his reckless train on its track. He wasn’t used to being cared for, no matter how marginally. He felt something, a brush of warmth in his heart but the cold man yanked his arm from that tender outstretched hand. Luckily, he was saved by the bell… or uh, Kestrelswoop.

Dustdevil liked Kestrelswoop, why? because he was an ass, and wasn’t sorry for it. Dustdevil was an ass in his own way, like a game, he still liked people. Luring them in, cashing in on what he can profit at their expense then put them back down on their level. Then again, he was as unpredictable as a spinning coin, heads or tails there was no telling what kind of face he’ll pull. It all depends he supposed, then again he didn’t like putting himself under any microscope. Bipolar he was, but he didn’t recognize it as a disorder, rather an advantage. Least, that’s what his mom had once urged him to believe.

Kestrelswoop’s words inspiring another chuckle. "why is it you’re always around to see my flops?" he countered, and flattened his ears and brought a paw to his chest in a feigned offended gesture. "HEY , why ya’ gotta bring up the past?" tone remaining jokingly. "alright Kestrelswoop. I challenge you. If you can do a BACK flip, I’ll clear out your nest and make you the softest bed you’ve ever had in your life. If you CAN’T… you have to eat a stink bug" he gambled with a raised brow. He was a childish warrior, sure, but hell he lived life to the damn fullest.

JZ9WGKZ.png?1

" I'M FINISHED MAKING SENSE, DONE PLEADING IGNORANCE. "

( skyclan warrior ) ⋆ ( chaotic neutral ) ⋆ ( pretty boy ) ⋆ ( LaPerm )

D U S T D E V I L

• The unambiguous conclusion seemed to be that Dustdevil was fine, and indeed having fun - Brackenstep felt his slight unhappiness at being woken fade away at the curly-pelted tom's buoyant spirits, and offered a small grin as he propositioned Kestrelswoop. "That would be very, very unbecoming behavior of a senior warrior." opined the chocolate tabby, something wicked flashing in his bright eyes. "You should ABSOLUTELY do it." what? He could have fun sometimes, too, couldn't he? He was glad Dustdevil had not tried to get him to do a flip - graceful though he was, there was a difference between grace and acrobatics, and he somehow was pessimistic that such a trick would end well for him. No reason he couldn't spectate, though, and he sat up, expectantly winding his tail around his body.

( when can i say i love you, and have it not be a lie? )

• ღ Milkpaw watched the warriors with both bewilderment and a hint of jealousy. He wished that he had friends to playfully tease him, but he supposed it was just as fun to sit back and watch the adults behave like children for a while. Milkpaw always thought Dustdevil was cool, and seeing him at least try to do flips confirmed that in his head. "You can do it, Dustdevil! Ah.. make him uh.. eat that bug...!" Milkpaw called out, voice fading as he realized the aggression in his words.

but who are you, to find peace in my hands」

8 moons ┋ skyclan ┋ tags┋ ic opinions ┋ penned by pastel