HOWLING WINDS | tribe patrol

• Perhaps this visit would be more of a slap in the face to WindClan than a welcomed one, especially with Mink and Crowflight within the patrol. Two former WindClanners, traitors, were sitting up in the mountains well fed while their former clan stood below starving and hiding away from twolegs. But while the tribe was well fed they had other problems, like... that over grown cat lurking within the mountains that would pounce on them in an instant if it laid eyes on them. She had seen it, seen the size of its paws, its maw... it was almost enough to make her want to hide away in the cave for eternity. But she stayed strong... she spent too much of her life hiding away. Too much of it being scared.

The cat she used to be was a stranger to her now, and Mink never wanted to be her again.

But she wouldn't forget the cats she had loved when she was Minkpaw, Minkkit, even Minksplash.

There were cats within this clan she considered both kin and friend suffering in this clan, she wouldn't just stand by knowing they were suffering... So she was glad the tribe had agreed to help them.

In her jaw Mink dragged a hawk along with her, it was heavy... so perhaps someone on the patrol had decided to help her out with it. Maybe the others had also brought along another hawk? But for certain today WindClan would be receiving a hawk, big enough to fill the bellies of quite a few cats. She just hoped it was enough to help somewhat...

As they arrive at the border of the place she once called home, she drops the bird. "We must be careful. Crowflight said the threat of twolegs were strong... the farm is near on the other end of the territory but you never know. Right?" She says looking to her sibling for reassurance. "But... a patrol should be here soon. I hope at least." With a flick of her ear she sits down and waits.

// CROW TEARING AT ITS PREY   Owl That Flies At Night   Rumble of Distant Thunder c:

feel free to post before those tagged!

• Of course she would be here with her sister Mink. If anything happened to Mink and she wasn't there to prevent it from happening what kind of sibling was she? A bad one, thats what. Windclan had been their home for as long as she could remember, but sometimes one needed to leave their home in order to grow. For Mink... They decided to leave a long time ago. When her sister had first left the betrayal from their decision hit her hard, but as time passed... She found herself rather happy for her sister. When Pebble had left she couldn't say she was upset they left. In all honesty they were rather glad Pebble left, but the feeling of not caring for the other was mutual. Both Pebble and Crow had some kind of fued between them. Their dislike hadn't faded throughout the years, but both of them secretcly agreed on one thing. Mink was their precious sister who was far better than the both of them in every way.

Returning to these lands made her more than a little uneasy. Sure, they weren't near the farm where the twolegs were, but she couldn't help being worried. The twolegs could go anywhere they wanted and hunt them down, mistaking them for prey. To make matters worse, the twolegs had traps all over the territory. Duckstar had gotten caught in one and lost a life as a result. She looked all around during their trek here, making sure she wouldn't step on any trap. Ending up like Duckstar was nightmarish. For that reason she didn't come with a bird or any prey. She was simply look out for this group, not that she was afraid to admit carrying a bird would decrease her line of sight.

Mink's reassurance was much needed, but she was still nervous about coming here. As much as she wanted her sister to turn back and rethink this whole thing over there was no point in that. Once her sister made up her mind there was no stopping them. "I'm more concerned about the traps the twolegs have all around the territory. We haven't seen them yet, but I they should be deeper into the territory. As long as we keep our heads down and don't make too much noise I think we'll be fine." Being fine was an understatement, but they needed something to keep them from having a full blown breakdown. It's not that she doubted the tribe cats. It's just that she had already seen someone caught up in one of these traps. Thankfully she hadn't seen a cat actually hunted down by a twoleg so far.

THE MUSIC BOX KEEPS SINGING OUT TO THE FAR ENDS OF THE LAND

PAPA'S TOY SOLDIERS ARE WAVING FROM UNDER THE LID OF THE MUSIC BOX / STORAGE / PENNED BY VINCENT

• Having been out on yet another fruitless hunt, Brightshine had begun to give up on bringing back food for the day. Another night that several cats would be going to bed without a single scrap of food in their bellies. As if a reminder of such a thought, her stomach clenched with hunger and she paused to wince, clutching her belly momentarily. This was torture. The most she had ever had to suffer in her short life. A grunt of pain escaped her jaws before she forced herself to continue on back to camp, but it didn't take long for the fresh scent of mountains and snow to reach her senses. Her ears flicked and she turned her head towards the direction of the scent. DarkClan? No, this had a more crisp, icy tang to it. It wasn't DarkClan. Out of curiosity, the skeleton of a calico pursued the source until she spotted a group of four cats at the border. Were those...Tribe cats? The mud streaking their fur would give that away, and with them...a hawk?! Her mouth instinctively began to water but she knew to push her thoughts of hunger down as she approached.

"Hello," She greeted, friendly as ever. Usually, her introduction would have been a lot more energetic, but given her current state, it seemed understandable that she wasn't bouncing around. Getting a closer look at them, Brightshine's jaw suddenly went slack and she immediately began to beam. "Crowflight! Minksplash! What are you two doing here? And with the Tribe cats?" She dipped her head respectfully to the two that she didn't know: a fluffy tabby and a large white tom.

"speech."

I'll work real hard and do my best
    To turn that sad frown upside down

YOU THRILL ME, YOU DELIGHT ME

YOU PLEASE ME, YOU EXCITE ME

Bio & Pinterest Trad. WindClan Senior Warrior 20 Moons PENNED BY Blitz Krieg

• ICARUS IS FLYING TOO CLOSE TO THE SUN - TAGS

The tribe. Not a smell he was used to but it was starting to become more and more familiar to him the more they visited the moorlands. So soon eh? He thought to himself once it became apparent that Mink was apart of the patrol, knowing that she'd been here about a moon ago with her new status as a tribe cat. As much as he wanted to be frustrated towards her he just couldn't conjure up enough to feel that bitter. Better to have her elsewhere then miserable in WindClan. As long as she was happy he supposed, then his clan should be content. There was also a familiar face in the small crowd as well and he dipped his head towards Crowflight, coming up to stand next to Brightshine, his eyes instinctively dropping towards the prey that some of them were holding in their jaws. His stomach immediately growled at the tantalizing sight, thankfully not too loud that it would be heard by others, but his his face flushed with warmth nonetheless. "Minksp-Mink. Crowflight. It's good to see you both." He commented, knowing that the news might not have reached the ears of others in the clan yet that the two of them had left. It was a touchy subject for some...Sparrowflight for example would probably not want to hear a word about it and there was no wrath greater than the wrath of a mate.

"What brings the tribe here?" Duckstar questioned, his words coming out in a low rumble, even if their prey spoke volumes in itself and his heart fluttered with a surge of hope. Would it be possible that his clan went to sleep with full stomachs for the first time in what felt like a moon? That mental sight was enough to bring the beginnings of a purr in the back of his throat but he stopped it before it could weasel out. Surely that was their business here, right? He doubted they'd be so cruel to trek over here, wave fresh kill in their faces, and leave. He tilted his head curiously before cringing slightly, his healed neck wound from the twoleg trap still acting up on occasion. Thankfully his fur was starting to grow back around it again.

AND ICARUS' LIFE, IT HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN

OOH I'M NOT READY, I'M NOT READY

'CAUSE I KNOW LIFE IS SIMPLE WHEN I CAN JUST IGNORE IT ALL

AND IF I'M NOT READY SNAKES WILL CONSUME ME WHOLE

WINDCLAN | LEADER (7/9 LIVES) | 18 MOONS | MALE | BIOGRAPHY

• Owl, having helped Mink carry the caught-prey to WindClan, had been unable to really speak until she dropped the carcass at the border. She swiped her tongue across her muzzle and shifted her gaze to look at Mink and Crow, nodding her head in understanding. "I can't imagine living so close to the two-legs," She commented, taking a seat at the boundary-line. Her legs were definitely tired from the trek; they had to circle around the bit of DarkClan territory that stood in their way, but they had made it. And it didn't seem like they would have to wait very long, because before long, two WindClanners had approached. Owl's eyes grew wide at their gauntly appearances; Crow wasn't kidding.

"Hello," She greeted gently, getting to her paws and dipping her head. "I am Owl that Flies at Night, the new Stoneteller of the Tribe, and-" Wait a minute...she recognized this tom. "Duckthroat?" She suddenly asked, tilting her head slightly. Yes! It was him! She had met him at the gathering she attended a few moons ago, but the Tribe hadn't returned since. Her heart clenched inside her chest suddenly and her expression grew solemn. This was a cat she knew, even if they had only met briefly, and he alongside his clanmates looked like they were on the brink of death. In this moment, the tabby was glad she had listened to Mink and Crow. These cats needed their help.

Owl shook her head slightly and got back on topic, taking a small step forward. "Mink and Crow informed me of the struggles WindClan is facing. I can't, in good conscious, let my Tribe sit comfortably in the mountains while good cats are starving. Please, accept this gift from us." Her tail flicked towards the hawk at Mink's paws and she pricked her ears, awaiting the WindClanners' response.

"speech"

SO HERE'S ANOTHER DAY

I'LL SPEND AWAY FROM YOU

"Owl" + ToRW Stoneteller (Former Cave-Guard) + She-Cat + 20 Moons + Bio and Pinterest