( lost in yesterday | sword training )

• It had been about a week since the Million ceremonies, in which Ver had gifted Arya her new sword. Sure, she liked her ragged little sword, but she had to admit, this new one was pretty dope. Now she just had to figure out how to use it. She'd been putting it off since her accident, but she wouldn't any longer considering she didn't know if the shadows around her eyes were temporary or permanent.

Today, she rose with a yawn, stretching out her limbs and eating her breakfast before returning to her den to retrieve her new prized possession. Upon picking it up by the handle, she teetered slightly, not realizing how heavy it would be compared to her small pocket knife. Arya instantly drops it, huffing indignantly as it hits her paws and wincing slightly. This was gonna be a fuck-ton harder now that she couldn't see anything. Still, her mother's crafting was a perfect size for her and the obsidian savannah was determined to prove herself with this new weapon to wield, even if it took her a while.

Arya slipped the wakizashi into the sheath strung around her shoulders, slipping out into the territory to find the perfect place to practice - or maybe the perfect creature to practice with.

am i your favorite drug that you've been using?

tormenta-million - sanguine ruins - third tier - tags - ic opinions

• — Weapons. Something Elian never really cared to use or even practice with, although he supposed they could be useful from time to time. He preferred his fire elemental to something that was a pain in the ass to haul around and could even be stolen in battle or used against him. Nose twitching, he'd lower his muzzle to his front paws and observe, blue eyes tracing over the blade through a half-lidded stare. He supposed he could initiate some conversation, but what was the point? Instead he'd try to look for areas in need of training for their next meeting, as he assumed the next to approach would probably ask questions or even for fighting tricks.

how am i supposed to feel | storage

Woke up in the morning feeling cynical, typical

Frontin' about my day and feeling criminal, habitual

grouchy ruins warlord | penned by fallen | storage

• LOOPING ALL BETRAYALS I'VE DONE IN VAIN...

--

"Damn dude, creepin' much? You know she can't even see you," He jokes with a grin as he comes up next to Elian, gazing upon the would-be practice session. Of course he knew she couldn't see him-- he'd been there when she stormed out in the two of them and Ver due to her rejection of her blind oracle status. Well, someone would have to make his presence known. The last thing Speedfreak wanted was to witness a rogue blade from a blind oracle slice Elian in two. Although, the idea was somewhat enticing. Just a little. "Yo Arya, El's over here just chilling. Careful not to cut him in half with that thing. What are you doing out here, anyways? Shouldn't you be training your oracle abilities?" Speedfreak, on the other hand, had a perfectly logical reason for being out in the blistering territory. He had recently given away nearly half his collection of drugs, and so he was out to find more. In the desert, though, there were only a few drugs he could reasonably find. Cactus and ephedra, if he was lucky. As for Arya, though, Speed was still rather convinced that it was simply her destiny to become a blind oracle. Not that he actually believed in destiny or fortune telling or any of that shit. In fact, he'd probably laugh in the face of anyone who truly trusted in spirituality.

"speaks in blue,"

...THOUGHT THAT I'D BEEN SAVED YET HERE I AM

• WOULD YOU LIKE TO LIVE DELICIOUSLY?TAGS

Swordfighting was definitely always going to be beyond her. The only weapons she had were kept in a shoulder-slung bag, almost a dozen little rusted knives from the cartels supply, though they were used only for telekinetic stabbing and terrible amputations. Now, the familiar little blind cat Arya was wielding one of supposedly her own. She watched with a bit tongue as the long blade dropped and clunked between hostitles femmes feet, though the prying first tier figured she knew better than to offer a on hand bandage, let alone mention it. Quietly, the stilt legged hound trailed the cat as she strode into camp.`oh AaaAryaaa, your sheath is bbeeeautifull... How long have you been Using Swords?` she took a gentle seat with the warlord before her in the clearing they had seemingly settled upon, white eyes watching smaller ruiner with wonder.

PLEASE MAKE THINGS CLEANER, FILL ME WITH DIRT.
    WHATEVER MAKES YOU WORSE.

• — His muzzle would lift upward at the hyena's comment, a low growl emitting from his throat as he flashed the other a glimpse of his ivory teeth. "You know you're a fucking idiot, right?" He was tired and this was camp, it wasn't like there was anything wrong with simply observing the things around him. Besides, it wasn't like he was perched within reaching distance or anything, no, he was a good twenty or thirty feet away from the twirling apprentice. Creeping? Please. Perhaps he was a hunter but that was for murderous notions only, he wasn't exactly wired to ever become the other type of predator. "Ugh, do you ever shut up?" He'd toss out secondly, blue eyes rolling with annoyance as Speedy continued spitting his rambles.

Next was Hebe, who he'd greet with a small glance and nothing more. He wasn't really sure why she talked the way she did but, it kind of irked him. Reminded him of how Pirate, his half-brother, used to babble his nonsense with a weird accent. Elian still wasn't sure where he ever learned to talk that way, he was the only one of his partial siblings that did, but whatever.. at least he was gone now.

• LOOPING ALL BETRAYALS I'VE DONE IN VAIN...

-- Elian's words forced a laugh out of Speed's maw as he shook his head slowly. This guy made this weird shift from pissed off at the world to depressed as shit every time Lola came around. Actually, it wasn't all that weird now that he thought about it-- maybe he was traumatized as a kid or something. That would explain a lot. "Right, I'm an idiot and you're just a bucket full of sunshine. Ever heard of a joke?" Nothing amongst the ever-spinning gears of his mind told him that Elian could ever be any different than he was now, but the hope that he might get a chuckle out of the guy one of these days remained a deeply-held belief. One of these days he'd crack Elian, maybe feed him a ridiculous amount of mushrooms and then sit in on his trip telling jokes the whole time. If that didn't make him laugh, then sadly he was incurable. Oh, and Hebe was here too. That was cool, he liked the other's presence-- it was calming, despite her rotting exterior. "Guess it's a party in the desert, how's it going Hebe?"

"speaks in blue,"

...THOUGHT THAT I'D BEEN SAVED YET HERE I AM

• "I'm afraid it's practically impossible to get a joke like him to even crack a smile. He outdoes anything any of us could ever tell by just being himself” she laughs as she strolls on over shooting a glare in Elian's direction, her hatred towards him was unbidden and would always remain blatantly obvious the more and more time went on and mistakes he made. It was mutual in the end and she takes solace in that, at least she would hold no guilt for her strong feelings. She passes them to go to Arya before unsheathing her own matching sword, she worried about her using it as she is now but she did want to make sure she got proper training with it either way.

”Sword fighting for the most part is a very visual sport but there's ways to work around it y'know?” she starts ”But if you use your other senses particularly your hearing you can be just as great as a sword fighter as any other. Just listen to the sound of the air and the position of the strikes and do your best to be swift and retaliate accordingly” Arya didn't ask for lessons but Ver was eager to give them, she wanted to share this interest with her and more importantly wanted to see Arya be the best she could be at a sport Ver had always had a talent in. She hoped the trait passed down. ”Want to practice against me? I'll be as careful as possible until you get the hang of it”

”speech”tags

MAKE SURE TO KISS YOUR KNUCKLES

BEFORE YOU PUNCH ME IN THE FACE

Storage | ♕ | played by Kedamono | ♕ | ic opinions

• "Awe, I'm flattered." He'd grumble stiffly, flexing his paws forward in a comfortable stretch. Comments like these rarely irked him, he didn't mind being hated, he just hated losing arguments. Leathery nose tip twitching, he'd merely observe silently as the rest of the scene unfolded. It was always so strange seeing one of his enemies standing beside and socializing with his apprentice. It was especially strange given they were mother and daughter but .. he tried his best not to pay attention to that fact. Arya was nothing like Ver, at least not that he'd seen yet. Besides, there were small moments like these where the other canine didn't actually seem half bad. Maybe a different realm or a different time, the two could have somehow ended up on the same side. Although these thoughts were usually interrupted and he was often reminded rather quickly why he was intolerable of her to begin with.

• WOULD YOU LIKE TO LIVE DELICIOUSLY?TAGS

Her ears swivled forward when the hyena addressed her, looking around for a moment before meeting his breif gaze with a big grin `pparttying noOw!` she chimed in her usually jangled tone, the red bag slung over her shoulder unzipping with a little force before her flower-painted canteen of some worryingly ambiguous fluid floated to her front.
    Ver seemed very comfortable with the weapon, her passion was mesmerizing. She took a seat, hoping Arya would accept so she would have something to watch.

PLEASE MAKE THINGS CLEANER, FILL ME WITH DIRT.
    WHATEVER MAKES YOU WORSE.

• Her sense of smell picks up Elian's scent but she doesn't turn to face him, curious to see if he'll interact with her first. And then Speedfreak ruins it, blurting out how creepy the horned wolf was and turning it all into a joke. She straightens up from her crouched pose, unable to help the snort that sounds from her as a smirk twitches onto her face, the closest thing to a laugh they'd get. And then Hebe approaches, complimenting her sword, and the small savannah can't help but love the swell of pride that blossomed in her chest. She'd earned this weapon, through and through. She simply gives an appreciative nod in her direction, less stand-offish than usual but still not the nicest gesture to a compliment. That was Arya for you.

Their voices drown into the background as she regains her focus, crouching with the sword in her mouth in an attempt to figure out how to wield such a sword. She's interrupted again, but this time it's welcomed, and she straightens up at the voice of her mother. A moment of irritation flushes through her as she snaps at Elian, growing more and more annoyed at their vicious taunts to one another. It was a daily thing, couldn't they go without it? It was growing old.

But she refrains from commenting, simply turning her head to Ver as she hears the sound of her matching sword unsheathe. Much like Ver, Arya would love to follow in her mother's pawsteps and become a skilled swordsman. She tenses slightly at her comment about it being a visual sport, wishing the canine had left that part out but again, letting it go because she genuinely loved the head of the Million family.

"Yeah. Don't go easy on me." Proven in her lessons with Elian, the Tormenta-Million child was a better learner when she was simply thrown into things, her adrenaline kicking in and helping her get the knack for things sooner. Ver and Arya hadn't trained together in a long time, and though the melanistic savannah hoped she wouldn't baby her like she might some of her other siblings. "Strike first." In her current state, if she had a partner, it'd be better to train defensively as opposed to offensively.

• LOOPING ALL MISTAKES I'VE DONE IN VAIN

— Now it was a fight-- cool. Stepping away from Elian (far away), the hyena decided to take his seat elsewhere, perhaps on the other side of the ad hoc battle arena. Arya, on the other hand, seemed to be settling in well to Speedy's incessant remarks. Maybe the Ruins wasn't the best place for a stand-up comedian, but a drug-addicted hyena with an unlimited supply of slanderous comments? That just might do the trick. Ver's joke, however, coupled with Elian's deadpan response makes for a pretty funny dynamic. He was sure those two hated each other, and he wasn't quite sure whose side he was on. Part of him preferred Elian's nearly opposite personality compared to the constant competition for biggest jokester he'd be getting from Ver. Taking his seat, Speedfreak watches the contestants take their positions, suppressing the urge to break out into sports announcer mode. He knew most of the clan was just waiting for him to slow down and shut up, as Elian had put so bluntly, so he figured it would be best to just relax for a minute. It wouldn't kill him, right? Right..?

"speaks in #a3cbd5"

THOUGHT THAT I'D BEEN SAVED YET HERE I AM

• Many of her enemies those she hated shared traits she could see in herself or were only despised because they stood on different sides of a yawning chasm, never allowed to walk the same paths side by side. Elian would've been right; maybe in a different life far away from this one they could've been friends or at the very least got along enough to fight with and trust one another rather than simply fight each other like they always had. As she is now she doesn't look at him like that, doesn't look into those cold eyes in search of humanity or kinship she just see's him as the man he presents himself as; a stone cold pain in her ass.

She huffs at him before turning to her daughter and smirking in her direction as she tells her to not go easy, she should know she always would no matter what even if she came for her with the intent to kill Ver would never throw herself at her with her full force would never try to hurt her intentionally and wold avoid any accidents. She wouldn't be able to cope if she hurt any of them, she just could not bare it. For many, many reasons. ”Try to meet your blade with mine Arya, don't go for the kill like you did last time” she woofs to her with a cackle before suddenly jutting forward she attempts to slice the sword towards the girls right side in a quick fluid motion, it's controlled and centimeters away from flesh but would likely cut some fur if it were to not be intercepted.

”speech”tags

• She huffs lightly at her mother's joke, tensing up slightly as she feels the blade cut into the air on her right side. Arya's conscious of the audience this little spar has created, noting the appearance of Elian and curiously wondering what he thinks of this. Perhaps this is the reason she's late on the jump. The small savannah swings the sword to the side and meets Ver's like she's asked her to, weight of the swing causing her to stumble slightly. She quickly regains herself, eyebrows knitting together as she attempts to push away Ver's sword with her own with a weighted swing to the left.

• She smiles and nods approvingly ”Didn’t expect you to catch on so quickly” she woofs her eyes watching her daughters movements as her sword pushes hard against her own. She takes it away holding it tight so the swing wouldn’t knock her sword loose. It’s not the best move to make especially after guarding but she could use it as a distraction to go for her legs or chest the moment she pulled her sword away, maybe that was her intention.

She would move again anyways attempting to slice in a swoop close to Arya’s paws to try and make her jump.

”speech”tags

• — Elian remained silent, simply observing the mother-daughter duo in practice. Swords were lame and he'd stand by his opinion on that, although he supposed the clanking of metal on metal was somewhat appealing to his ears. His squinted blue stare would momentarily lock onto Arya, the softest of grins tugging at his leathery lips. Going for the kill, huh? Interesting ... he wondered what that was about. Was the melanistic savannah beginning to develop bitter feelings for Ver? Or perhaps there was something else built up inside that just caused a loss of control. Both of those possibilities interested him greatly so he'd make a mental note to pry into them later.

• Little does Ver know, Arya went to pay her nephew in the Exiles a visit. He'd taught her to rely more on her senses, and she knew that in a situation like this she would need to do just that. Ver's words cause a small smirk to tug on her maw, a small nod of gratitude offered in response as Ver pulled the blade away. Her ears pick up the slicing sound once again, and she swings downwards with her sword in an attempt to slam the blade into the sand by her feet.

• The only issue whenever she challenged her children was avoiding fighting unfairly, it'd been something she had struggled with since the very first session she had with Narcissus. She'd taught herself how to fight and had only watched from afar to get an idea how to from creatures who fought underhanded and with a brutal cruelty that wasn't seen often in the clan domains of Agrelos. Always aim for the throat, spine or tenders and do what you can to flip your opponent over, it doesn't matter what you do to win a win in the end is still a win no matter how it was achieved. That was the way she comprehended and digested her fights even now. Her brain still sees opportunities in every movement Arya makes; pleading with her to use her size against the girl or swoop above her to grab her by the neck and slam her down. She wouldn't, she was always too gentle with her and all her siblings even if she bet Arya could still take it and manage to still stand up afterwards.

She swings hard and the clash of the blades rings out with a sharp sound and she can feel it vibrate. She'd huff in approval but would be quick to try once again to counter instead of drawing the blade up she would drag it along the blade in a sharp upward motion in an attempt to slash close to where Arya had her paws/teeth on the handle.

”speech”tags