I'M JUST A MAN ON THE MOON | Monthly Telling

• Owl that been awaiting this experience for quite some time. She hadn't participated in Tellings very often in her youth, but now that she was Stoneteller, her relationship with the Tribe of Endless Hunting would have to be strong. She didn't even really know who would talk to her as she walked the stars, but the molly would soon find out. "Brothers and sisters, cats of the Tribe, the time has come for our monthly Telling! All who wish to attend and commune with our ancestors, please join me in traveling to the Lake of Stars Reflected."

With that, the Norwegian Forest cat was off, padding up the slope that led out into the open wilderness. The sun was setting, and soon it would be completely dark. She hoped to get to the Lake by that time. The Stoneteller led the way over the ridge that hid the slow-moving river to the west. Usually, the Tribe would cross the river using the stepping stones that dotted the water's surface, but since it was the Time of Frozen Water they were able to walk right across the ice. From there, they would follow the river to its source, and by then, the sun had completely sunken behind the horizon.

"Wow," Owl would murmur as she crossed the peak of the ridge, her amber eyes falling on the starry lake. It was breathtaking, even more beautiful than she had remembered as a to-be! "Well, go on, now!" She trilled with a bright smile, beckoning her Tribe forward with her tail. She would follow, trotting down to the Lake's edge and crouching down hesitantly. What should she suspect? Who would greet her after the ToEH chose her to lead their beloved Tribe? Well, only one way to find out. The tabby leaned forward to touch her nose to the surface. Oh, man, it was cold. Shivers were sent down her spine, but just like that, she was asleep. When she opened her eyes, Owl stood within a starry landscape, a place unfamiliar to her yet comforting all the same.

"speech"

SO HERE'S ANOTHER DAY

I'LL SPEND AWAY FROM YOU

"Owl" + ToRW Stoneteller (Former Cave-Guard) + She-Cat + 20 Moons + Bio and Pinterest

• ~ ~ ~ Hawk was the first to arrive in response to his sisters call. Similarly, he hadn't gone too many tellings in his youth, mainly because he didn't really know anyone from his family that currently resided in the stars. He gave a short nod of greeting to his sister upon his arrival and followed close behind her as the group began to make their way to the Lake of Stars Reflected.

It was nice to be out while the sun set, the sight was always one of his favorites. Unknown to him, the beauty of the Lake would surpass even a thousand sunsets. As they approached the first river, Hawk could tell that it was still frozen over, but it didn't mean that he wasn't wary of it. Keeping a close eye on his sister, he slowly followed onto the ice, fur spiking up slightly in silent fear. As soon as they reached the other side of the river he let out a quiet mew of disapproval, but continued close behind Owl. Soon enough, just as the sky began to shift from light to dark, the group of tribe cats reached the Lake. Hawk gave an audible sigh of amazement, his eyes glittering with the same stars that reflected into the Lake. "It's beautiful..."

Hawk was stuck in one spot, unable to move, the only thing snapping him out of this trance was the sound of his sisters voice. He gave a grunt of agreement and followed her down to the Lakes' edge. Crouching down next to Owl, he gave her one last glance before leaning forward and touching his nose to the water. He had barely enough time to even contemplate how cold the water was before he slipped away, finding himself among the stars. This unknown scared him, just like his first time as a to-be. An uncomfortable coo left his maw and he began trotting around, looking for anyone he knew, hoping to find his sister or any of his passed relatives.

KNOCK ME DOWN NINE TIMES

BUT I GET UP 10 —

screech of hungry hawk + ToRW + cave-gaurd - 20 moons + robin x feather + tags

• ★ ― Rumble of Distant Thunder

we're living like giants, yeah giants; we're bigger than giants, we're giants !

Rumble followed ... and though temptation stirred within him, he did not dare touch the lake. He knew it was unlikely his mother would be waiting for him. She wasn't a tribe cat. For now, he stood near the back of the group, staring at his paws awkwardly as he waited for the event to come to a close.

❝I'M A GENIUS IN DISGUISE,

WEAR MY HEART ON MY SLEEVE

and you're forced to oblige to a king in his prime

Rumble of Distant Thunder (Rumble) (n.) – White, short-furred, small, and heterochromatic tom-cat cave-guard of the Tribe of Rushing Water.

Tags - Song - Plot - Penned by Redd.

• Flutter of Singing Blackbird was no longer one with this world. She was one of the few who were able to walk across the border of StarClan, even briefly, as she had become a believer of both religions when she passed. Tonight, the moon was full, and she eagerly waited for the living cats to speak with them for just this one night. She was never able to truly know her brother nor her daughter when she was living. She had died young, and it was the only thing she regretted. She never met Owl, nor Hawk, nor her sister-in-law Feather, but as she watched them from above, she was unbelievably proud of them. Proud of Feather for raising her nephews and nieces to be so chivalrous, proud of Hawk to have become a senior cave-guard, and proud of Owl to be appointed as the Teller of the Pointed Stones.

The shimmering calico stood by the edge of the waters, letting it gently lap at the tips of her paws. "Welcome to the Tribe of Endless Hunting, Hawk, Owl" It was an informal greeting, so she hoped that they wouldn't mind, "Is Feather coming tonight as well?"

"speaking in #fed8b1"

- tags -

• Lizard wasn't the most religious. Even though he was from RiverClan, he didn't find a reason to believe in StarClan, and despite having been in the Tribe from a winter to another, he wasn't sure if he should trust the Tribe of Endless Hunting. Since there was, yet another Stoneteller, he supposed it wouldn't hurt to join them. Maybe he would be able to see someone. Maybe he wouldn't. He could see if his uncle Robin was truthful about them being related. With hesitance, he took a breath and touched noses with the cool water. He allowed himself to feel drowsy as his vision went dark.

It didn't feel like he woke up. No, it just felt like he closed his eyes for a bit and opened them again. The land was foreign, but he recognized a strange feline talking to Hawk and Owl. Could that be Blackbird? He spoke nothing as he walked closer, eyes wide with curiosity as he stared at her. Ah, with his nerves starting to fidget, he just kind of hoped she wouldn't see him, at least not immediately.

"speaking in #228b22"

- tags -

HEAVEN HELP US —

cave-guard of the tribe of the rushing water + avatar by redxpepper + ftm + storage + played by melo-crisis

• Eventually, Owl was able to spot a familiar pelt dancing among the stars and she called out to him. "Hawk! Over here!" So strange, to be able to see her brother both in the living world and the next, but here they were! She ran to join him, a breathy laugh leaving her. "Isn't this so weird?" But, as far as she could tell, they were alone here. Well, until they weren't. A voice startled the she-cat and she turned to find herself back at the Lake of Stars Reflected, with an unfamiliar calico perching at the water's edge. She greeted her and her brother by name, and even asked for their mother, but, who was she?

"I'm not sure," She would answer, truly unaware if Feather had decided to join the Tribe on their journey to this Lake. "Who are you? How do you know our names?" Her tone wasn't accusatory or hostile, just curious. Stars forbid that she actually knew this cat and just didn't recognize her. Now that would be embarrassing, especially for a Stoneteller.

"speech"

SO HERE'S ANOTHER DAY

I'LL SPEND AWAY FROM YOU

"Owl" + ToRW Stoneteller (Former Cave-Guard) + She-Cat + 20 Moons + Bio and Pinterest

• This was... well... odd.

Mink had attended multiple half-moon meetings during her time as a medicine cat, it was a sacred meeting only medics were allowed to attend. They received visions, prophecies, spoke to passed away loved ones, but the idea of everyone speaking to their ancestors was... amazing. Perhaps if the clans allowed this there wouldn't be so many cats who questioned whether or not StarClan was real, she had heard whispers when she was a loner near the clans lands that StarClan was weakened...

She wondered if they'd ever recover? It had sounded pretty bad.

With a quiet sigh she lays herself down at the end of the lake, closing her eyes she leans forward and touches her nose to the waters cool surface. It wouldn't take long before sleep washed over her... who she would dream with? She was uncertain.

Perhaps she'd be within the dream of that one tribe cat who had called her to the tribe... she had a lot to thank them for.

• The last time he had come here, the Tribe of Endless Hunting had told him to be a proud leader, to keep his head high as he lead the Tribe. Now, he would come here like everyone else in the eyes of the Tribe of Endless Hunting. He was simply another prey-hunter. He wondered who would speak to him. Would Duskheart be able to cross over tonight? Had his mother decided to stop inhabiting Comet and return to the stars? What about Panther, even with their many disagreements, what did he think of him now? He was so, so curious. Putting one paw in front of the other, he dipped his nose into the cool waters, letting sleep wash over him like a cool tide.

His amber eyes opened into the starry terrain, looking around. Who would he talk to tonight?

"speaking in #ee9572"

- tags -

SUGARCANE IN THE EASY MORNING.

WEATHER-VANES MY ONE AND LONELY.

veil over silent dusk — storage — tribe of rushing water — roleplayed by melo-crisis

• ~ ~ ~ A firmiliar voice caught his ear and the pivoted around to see his sister a ways away. Quickly he trotted over, still scared to be alone. "Owl..." He breathed, happiness basically radiating through his body. Another second alone and he would have started panicking. Before he could say anything else, he turned around as another voice called to him and his sister. His eyes changed emotion once again, carrying the same questioning tone that his sister had just used. "Do we, um, know you?" He didn't mean for it to sound rude, but he found it weird that they knew their names but not the other way around. Moving closer to his sister, he kept a steady gaze on this new cat waiting for a response.

KNOCK ME DOWN NINE TIMES

BUT I GET UP 10 —

screech of hungry hawk + ToRW + cave-gaurd - 20 moons + robin x feather + tags

• "My name is Blackbird. Flutter of Singing Blackbird," She introduced, "And I'm the aunt of you two. I died before I could meet you guys." She smiled gently. She acknowledged Lizard's presence and beckoned him to come into the light with her tail. Oh, she could finally meet not only her niece and nephew, but her grandson as well. What a lucky day! "I'm so proud of you guys, and strength—not only physical strength, but mental strength—runs through our blood. You'll all make it past these dark days." She said, but she vaguely knew that the future would be emotionally rough, especially for Owl, though, she couldn't quite tell what was precisely going to happen.

"speaking in #fed8b1"

- tags -

• Owl flinched in surprise as Lizard approached, unaware of the tom's presence. This was all so strange! Blackbird was their aunt? An almost relieved smile crossed her maw as she stared at the calico. She never really knew of any family members she had in the Tribe of Endless Hunting, but now she could always know that Blackbird was in the stars, watching over them. It brought comfort to the young Stoneteller's heart. But, then she spoke of something a bit more terrifying and Owl couldn't help but tilt her head, leaning forward a bit. "Dark days? Do you mean the Sharptooth?" Or is there more trouble coming that we don't even know about yet?

"speech"

SO HERE'S ANOTHER DAY

I'LL SPEND AWAY FROM YOU