They call me, [ influence prompt ] across the universe.

We've done a few more changes to the site you can read about HERE
  • Frustration hummed in the back of her mind, she hadn't thought that her problems would dissipate as soon as she'd joined the veil, but she had expected to feel at least a little different. Maybe her problem was hope. If she lacked expectation, if she let go of her anticipation, would she feel less... empty. Or would she feel even more alone, by not being able to be optimistic of the future outcomes.

She feels separate, different, everyone here has family, friends and she, as herself. She is not incapable of forming relations but it is so difficult when you feel as though you experience life in completely different ways. Winter misses feeling, feeling anything other than her emotions, if someone were to hit her and if she could actually feel it she would cry out of joy. Feeling anything, even pain would be better than this numb existence.

Her hollow gaze watches as npc veilers live their life, talking, interacting. She wants what they have, but she does not want the pity that comes with letting someone into her life. Win doesn't want pity, she is not broken and she does not need to be fixed, or at least that is what she tries to convince herself is the truth. Maybe deep inside she knows that she is not whole, she is broken, missing parts of herself. Having others realize the truth would make that more of a reality.

Winter lets out a soft sigh, her gaze drifting from one npc's energy to another. She should do something productive, something to get out of her mind. She could familiarize herself with the territory, being a spooky forest there were many places to explore, to get lost, all the more fun. The snowy feline rose to her paws and started to walk whatever way she was facing. Should she have been accidentally staring at someone the whole time so be it.

[ cdc family & friends influence, only the last paragraph is needed to reply c: ]

*:・゚✦ IF I JUST LAY HERE, WOULD YOU LAY WITH ME? *:・゚✦

— kiss of winter's fury (winter) | she/her | 10 months | amnesiac —

• Ver had met a girl once with the same condition, her nerve endings didn’t flare up didn’t register anything to her unless something deep hit them. It would’ve been a tragedy, would’ve been something she would’ve felt horrible for but she’d found out about it in the worst of ways. She’d tortured the girl and had her screeching in her ear for more, that voice still haunts her still makes her want to wretch with regret and disgust. She never meant for any of that to occur, she’d only wanted to send a message but instead became an obsessive object of affection.

she doesn’t know where she is now, doesn’t care either she would be happy never meeting her gaze again.

Ver had thought ill of her for something she could never understand for something she took for granted. Something as simple as touch was so monumental, to feel something physical on you to love and hold and feel that warmth and care radiate into you and to know the scathing pain of battle and know your limits. It was something one needed to survive something one needed to be completely happy. It never occurred to her and one could say it still didn’t, that Privelage was one she thought everyone had.

She has her suspicions about Winterpaw but didn’t know the extent of her condition. She never realized that someone this young could be burdened by so much at once, blindness was one thing but - this - was something entirely different. Ver would make her way up to the cub walking in stride with her and making sure she woofed loud enough for her to know she was there besides her before she started to speak ”Are you feeling better today?”

”speech”tags

• The sudden voice beside her was a bit startling, it was something that she might never get used to, never being able to tell when someone was going to appear beside you. Her gaze hoped over to Ver immediately recognizing her as one of the ones she had met when she joined. Her jaw would clench in frustration at the question, she knew that Ver didn't mean anything by it, but it didn't change her feelings. I would feel if I could. "Nott rweally." she answers with a dejected look about her face. Speaking telepathically she can pronounce words properly but when she uses her tongue which she can not feel, words come out different, but telepathy means having mental energy, and today she does not. Every day felt like one continuous existence melded together with no breaks, other than the lulling nothingness of sleep. Sleep brought dreams, nightmares, the few fragmented memories she had retained that she would be forced to relive every night and the confusion of not understanding what they meant.

"Doo I look bettwer?" she asks honestly, as she has no idea what is going on with her body. The snowy feline looks sightlessly over her form, she can't help but lose hope every time she does. From yesterday she can only assume that she has been hurt, and she has no idea how long she has been hurt so it could look pretty bad.

• She frowns at the answer but at the same time she's glad the girl doesn't lie like so many others would about how she felt, Ver would've without hesitation. In time she would feel better, when her wounds scabbed over before vanishing like they'd never been there and her arrival became little more than a distant memory. She lowers herself down besides her, eyes reflexively trying to meet her's even if they'd never be able to meet in that way. She doesn't think of it, doesn't fully comprehend how to treat any blind creature despite being around so many of them in her life. She just treats them like any other only offering them help to get them to achieving that normalcy whenever she would, it's the same help she'd give anyone though. ”You'll feel better soon kid, I promise i'll do whatever I can to make you feel better as fast as possible” she tells her softly, it is a genuine promise one she intends to keep.

To her second question Ver nods before registering that this was the kind of answer one should give verbally, she corrects herself ”You look a lot better than you did when you came to us. I did what I could to dress your wounds,they should be gone in no time at all” she explains to her, there might be some scarring but it was far to early to say for certain.

”speech”tags

• She finds some comfort in Ver's words and Ver's presence in general. The being gives off a motherly, calming vibe, something Winter could certainly get used to. Win nods when Ver mentions her injuries, she can't exactly remember how she got them, but she trusts that she isn't being lied to. A soft smile, albeit somewhat forced, graces her features. "I amn thankfulll four you help. What do I caal you?" The snowy feline asks, as she remembers that she had never caught the lady's name.

(mobile)

• Ver wished she knew for sure where exactly the girl had gotten her and by who. She was far to little to be a threat to anyone and wouldn’t she have known if she was attacked? Maybe it was just a rogue branch that scratched her just right, she wouldn’t know for certain and neither would Winterpaw. It’s then when Winterpaw asks for something she swore she gave, it must’ve slipped her mind in all the chaos of patching her up and getting her into the infirmary. She smiles bashfully but wouldn’t waste more time and allow her to not know her name for much longer.

”It’s Ver. Ver Million if you care for the whole thing, it’s easy to remember right? Just three letters”

”speech”tags