days and days and days - open ; lost plant

• If Pigkit was anything, it was easily impressionable. When Ivorykit was kind, he followed suit and was as polite as he could be. When Rookkit smarted off to someone, he stood behind her and repeated those vile words to others. Either way, he loved his sisters, even if they were like night and day.

He adored his brothers, too. He followed them in their actions and adventures; they were all young and excitable, so whenever his brothers spoke of something new and exciting, he took their word for it.

His siblings were home. When he went out into the big scary world by himself, lost and wandering, he knew he could follow their voices back to the safety of the den.

On a quiet night, he trotted proudly through camp. In his mouth was… Something. It was small, and tasted odd, but it smelt lovely. One of his siblings would love it. Despite how excited he was to show off his plant, camp was cold and winter was biting— he shivered as a breeze picked up, and with a sneeze the small weed flew from his mouth. In a panic, he began pawing at the snow around him, searching and searching for it.

NO MORE IDLE HANDS.

╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

4 moons ┋ thunderclan ┋ tags ┋ ic opinions ┋ penned by pastel

• just another nancy boy

✿✿✿

tags

Shimmersong rustled around in the nursery, taking bits and pieces of his flower collection between his teeth as he whisked to Sheepstar's den and back.Now that his kits were all apprentices and Sheepstar had asked him to move into the leaders' den, Shimmersong was now faced with the task of moving the collection of plants, feathers and interesting rocks he had been keeping since his kit hood along with him. There were less flowers, now that winter had caused most of the flowers across the territory to wilt. Even the garden Shimmersong had so fastidiously kept had wilted, and every now and again his gaze would travel over to the patch of land, itching for winter to end so he could start again.

On one of his trips back out of the nursery, he nearly bumped into the blind Pigkit, who had been prancing about with a small plant in his jaws. Shimmersong let out an amused purr, and was about to ask what it was just as Pigkit sneezed and lost hold of his prize. A light breeze sent it fluttering off into the snow and Shimmersong followed after it. Taking the small weed in his teeth he padded back up to the still panicking kit and lightly brushed his tail against Pigkit's shoulder.

"Hey, it's all right," he assured. "Is this what you're looking for?" He set the plant down and pushed it across the snow towards the little tom.

shimmersong__transparent_by_princeriot_ddkzv3r-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzkyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNDA2ZDNlMDgtOTkyNi00Mzg0LWJlNzItMjg1ZWRiZDczM2MwXC9kZGt6djNyLTY0ZDkwOTY1LTcyYmYtNDA1NS1iMTcyLWZkOTk2YTQyNmJjOC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.cGV6r-y-QjlZB81y38OmCUmP7zUzjztxDFzy022Vfaw

IT'S GONNA BE A FANTASTIC DAY

Shimmersong ☆ThunderClan WarriorTAGS PENNED BY PrinceMonroe

• ・゚ ✦ ° when the day met the night - Slipping like a ghost up to her father's side, Doepaw glanced around his leg at Pigkit, instantly recognizing the kit as Rookkit's brother and scrunching her nose slightly. She had no issues with Pigkit, but Rookkit got Doepaw's fur ruffled the wrong way and she especially hated the way Rookkit looked at Pigkit with the same expression as some warriors looked at Rosepaw. It was this disgusting mix of pity and exasperation.

She watched Shimmersong nudge the plant towards Pigkit and stayed quiet, wondering where the kit had picked this up and why it seemed so important to him.

speaking thoughts

thunderclan ☁ apprentice ☁ 6 moons ☁ she-cat ☁ shimmersong x sheepstar

penned by hanakosong - TAGS

• His day was saved as Shimmersong returned his prize. The boy walked up to the tom, feeling around in the snow until he found Shimmer’s paw. He gave the paw a pat of acknowledgment and smiled. "Thank you!" he called out, sniffing at the plant before he reclaimed it. As Doepaw snuck up behind her father, Pigkit took it upon himself to walk up and give her the same pat as he gave Shimmer. "This is for my sisters. Or brothers, if they like it! I’m… not sure what it looks like, but it smells good. It’s a little miracle plant, ‘cause it’s really cold out and plants don’t like that so they go away until it’s warm again!" he explain to the two, ignoring the fact that they probably already knew how plants worked from their own many months of life.

NO MORE IDLE HANDS.

• just another nancy boy

✿✿✿

tags

"You're absolutely right," Shimmersong purred. "That little plant is very lucky to have made it this far into winter. Everything else wilted pretty fast. I'm sure your siblings will love it."

Looking back to the barren patch that was his garden, he let out a wistful sigh. "I kept a garden near the apprentices den before the cold killed everything off. Perhaps you could help me when it warms up again."

shimmersong__transparent_by_princeriot_ddkzv3r-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzkyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNDA2ZDNlMDgtOTkyNi00Mzg0LWJlNzItMjg1ZWRiZDczM2MwXC9kZGt6djNyLTY0ZDkwOTY1LTcyYmYtNDA1NS1iMTcyLWZkOTk2YTQyNmJjOC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.cGV6r-y-QjlZB81y38OmCUmP7zUzjztxDFzy022Vfaw

IT'S GONNA BE A FANTASTIC DAY

Shimmersong ☆ThunderClan WarriorTAGS PENNED BY PrinceMonroe

• "Oh, yeah, yeah, I'll help the best I can!" the boy's tail waved excitedly, eager at the simple thought of it. "You- you might have to help me find it, though! But I'd love to help!" as he spoke, he continuously poked at Shimmersong's paw to ensure he was still around.

NO MORE IDLE HANDS.