WINDFLOWER ; meeting 04/01

• In more ways than one the past moon had been difficult. Riddled with the nicks and marks of disobedience that have since been ironed out- it was hard to ignore the absence of Asterpaw's chaotic but.. generally welcome presence. Leaf Bare was never easy- but this wore him down forever more than the winter wind's bite. He shook out his coat, loitering behind the fated log with his ceremonies and words tentatively poised. He prayed to the Stars above he could get through this without forgetting something or tripping over himself as per usual. Pulling in a sharp breath, he sprang from the shadows onto the snow-covered log, heads already turning to regard his mousy presence. He was beginning to resemble his mother more and more every day. "All cats old enough to swim, gather to hear my words," He addressed, uncertain was his tone albeit loud enough to be heard by the whole clan.

agenda;

warrior ceremonies (oliveberry, firefeather)

apprentice ceremonies (tidepaw, pearlpaw, foxpaw)

night/owl as spiritual guidance

• ( Gyrecall )

( ♂ )(grey tabby)(polydactyl)(18 moons)

( in character )

(
    Gyrecall, who had just returned from a moderately successful hunt, placed his stringy-looking mouse on the prey pile, then wove his way through the gathering NPCs. With a spot secured, he sat, tail wrapped around his paws.

)

( out of character )

( /track )

• I'LL WATCH YOUR CAR BURN —

thea could barely contain her excitement when she heard the leaders tones ring about the camp. making her way over in a way that attempted to express maturity but instead only served to display the nerves that ran through her figure like electricity, anyone could notice the lashing over her tail, the way she practically skipped before sitting down before their clan leader. her mouth was open to display a toothy smile, although she seemed rather embarrassed upon noting the maturity of others who settled. npc apprentice were more mature, contained. she breathed out heavily, attempting to stop her tail from moving so agitatedly. I've made it, I'm going to be a warrior. this is the last time you'll be addressed as thea, thea.

WOULD YOU KNOW MY NAME

IF I SAW YOU IN HEAVEN?

oliveberry + riverclan warrior + tags + plot

• After the destructive fire, something that had considerably shaken Firepaw's psyche, the pale boy had tried his very best to become much stronger. His efforts whilst training under Tempestwing had ramped up considerably after his freak-out when they were evacuating camp, and over time he had surprised himself by.. actually becoming somewhat capable. Of course, he'd never have the same talent as a cat who could see- his life was never going to be easy, but he'd accepted that fact and moved on from it a long time ago. What was the point in wallowing in self-pity and just giving up? He could spar now, having learnt a fair number of special moves he could use in a pinch, and though he was far from being a good hunter, he was capable still. He'd never be able to learn to fish, nor would he ever be able to navigate their home in the snow... but if he were to truly receive his warrior name today, it would all feel absolutely worth it.

He had never been Firekit- he'd been Candle when he first arrived to RiverClan, malnourished and breathless after almost getting run over at the Rumbling- ah, no, the Thunderpath. Then, he had been christened as a true apprentice of RiverClan, adopting the name Firepaw and given Tempestwing as a mentor- and what an amazing mentor she had been! He made a mental note to thank her for everything she had taught him- training someone who couldn't see was a considerable feat, after all. Barely able to contain himself, Firepaw would sit beside Thea, brushing slightly against her in greeting and to tell himself he wasn't sat an unreasonable distance away from her. The boy attempted to bump her shoulder with his own, softly- he was excited, after all.

WHEN YOU'RE WITH ME

BABY THE SKIES'LL BE BLUE

RIVERCLAN WARRIOR — TAGS — PENNED BY WALUIGIPINBALL

• WHEN TOMORROW COMES — tempestwing — riverclan — tags

Despite the difficulties that had riddled the last moon like unwelcome larvae in rotting crowfood, there was something light in the frosty air when Gladestar called the Clan to attention. A sense of anticipation, almost palpable, and the storm-furred deputy could almost taste it. She stifled a purr as she took her place at the seat of the fallen log, blue eyes turning upwards towards Gladestar but not before she offered Thea and Firepaw a look each of concentrated joy and pride. Two of her apprentices were to gain their full names in their meeting today, having passed their assessments each with flying colours. They'd been ... interesting to train but they'd come so far since their arrivals to RiverClan and once they sat vigil tonight they would be welcomed as full warriors into the den.

you're standing on the edge face up

CAUSE YOU'RE A NATURAL, A BEATING HEART OF STONE

RIVERCLAN ☆ DEPUTY ☆ 29 MOONS ☆ INFORMATION ☆ PENNED BY WREN

• His gaze sifted through the crowd, like combing through sands and stones with a speculative eye to find the two gems of the evening. Glinting dimly in the evening's flare like treasures nestled in the river's bed. Thea and Firepaw. Liquid pride raced through his heart as he found them among the sea of faces, already glowing, waiting, anticipating their journey across the threshold into warriorhood.

A flash of pride glimmered across his face as his gaze landed upon the blazen-kissed tom, Firepaw. Gladestar found his bright blue eyes, faded sapphire- though sightless- dazzling. His eyes then slid to the dove-shaded girl, earthen green eyes. He thought back to her uncertain smiles, gestures of pure, untainted selflessness. How they'd both grown. Stones tossed into the river, polished into entireness through moons of careful seasoning by their mentors. How proud Glade was of them both could never really be put into words. "Firepaw, Thea, please step forward."

"I, Gladestar, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down upon these apprentices. They have trained tirelessly to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn." He followed their paths through the crowd with a smile, gaze tasting the anticipation practically radiating from them both. "Firepaw, Thea, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?"

"Then by the powers of Starclan I give you your warrior names," He settled his beating heart, vision focusing tenderly upon the fluffy flame point at his paws, "Firepaw, from this moment on you will be known as Firefeather. Starclan honours your unwavering perseverance and benevolence," He then passed his gaze warmly over the muted blue point. "Thea, from this moment on you will be known as Oliveberry. Starclan honours your hardworking nature, and amity." He allowed the cheers to rise into the cool wintry air, before giving his personal congratulations to them himself with a genuine flash of a grin. "Congratulations to you both."

OLIVEBERRY !   FIREFEATHER  

• Though Firepaw could not see the grin on Gladestar's face, he heard it in his words- the celebratory tone of the leader caused the flame-dappled tom to hold his head high, lopsided grin present as always upon his face. His chest tightened, just slightly... for this was the moment he had been training for, and it had been a long time coming! Most apprentices got their warrior names at twelve moons, but because of his late arrival and his... optical capabilities, he'd needed a little more time in the oven. Though, at fourteen moons, he was not embarrassed. In fact, he was practically bursting out of his skin in excitement.

Firepaw, from this moment on you will be known as Firefeather. Starclan honours your unwavering perseverance and benevolence.

Pride threatened to overcome him, and he could not contain the giant grin that decorated his face as he bowed his head to Gladestar, bounding away from the leader after a few moments, he took the brief moment whilst the warriors would be cheering to seek out Tempestwing. Firefeather... that was his name now, and he would wear it with pride, and show his perseverance and benevolence whenever he could. Drawing in a breath through his nose, he desperately attempted to find his mentor- but with so many similar scents mixing together, it was... rather difficult for him to find her. Shifting himself into a sitting position, the newly-named warrior decided he'd simply have to hope she'd come to him.

WHEN YOU'RE WITH ME

BABY THE SKIES'LL BE BLUE

RIVERCLAN WARRIOR — TAGS — PENNED BY WALUIGIPINBALL

• YOU BELONG WITH THE STARS AND THE CLOUDS —

she could sing her new name if she could hold a tune. oliveberry. it spoke of summers, of warmth. it spoke of green and sweetness and she hoped with all of her heart that she could live her life honouring the name that her leader had chosen for her. the grey faced femme dipped her head respectfully to her leader, mouthing a thousand hundred thank you's under her breath. her life as a warrior stretched before her, a parchment that had previously been soiled by insecurity and fear, now given new lease - new license to be fresh paper upon which her life from now could be written. she supposed that, of course, she was being rather too imaginative. but her mind was moving faster than sense did - and she was so excited, barely holding together at the seams. hearing her friends name called, his new name, she allowed another smile to burst forth. it made her cheeks hurt, but she couldn't help it. hoping not to startle her clan mate, the female motioned towards the new warrior. "congratulations, firefeather." she spoke, offering a gentle nudge to the male. she was touch shy, but hoped he appreciated the gesture nonetheless.

WOULD YOU KNOW MY NAME

IF I SAW YOU IN HEAVEN?

oliveberry + riverclan warrior + tags + plot

• ( Gyrecall )

( ♂ )(grey tabby)(polydactyl)(18 moons)

( in character )

Gyre called (hah) out a congratulations to Thea — now Oliveberry, with whom he had spoken before, and Firefeather, with whom he had not. Regardless, both were joining their rank — a position Gyrecall himself had been in not too long before. Although, it had been just over six moons, hadn’t it? Time certainly wasn’t dragging its paws. But anyways, after their vigil tonight, both would be claiming their places in the warriors’ den. Perhaps he’d go out and gather some fresh bedding before then. Always a nice feeling, fresh new bedding.

( out of character )

text

• "Glisterkit, please step forward. You have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Glisterpaw." He cast his silvery gaze upon the tri-color kit, watching him make his way through the bodies below with a glimmer of pride in his glare. "Pearlgaze will be your mentor. I trust her wholeheartedly to pass on her knowledge regarding Starclan, the code, and what it takes to be a warrior unto you." Pearlgaze had proven herself to be rather feisty and strong-willed- becoming qualities for a mentor.

"Foxkit, please step forward. You have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Foxpaw." He'd seen the young tom around camp, watched him keenly begin to grow into himself over the moons. "Gyrecall will be your mentor. I have faith that he'll do well in teaching you the ways of our noble code, and passing his skills unto you in his turn." Gyrecall was an interesting individual to say the least- but he knew that this was the young warrior's chance to learn through teaching, and grow into a fitting, and skillful mentor to those lucky enough to be apprenticed to him.

"Tidekit, please step forward. You have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed." His interactions with the she-kit only served to further his silent fondness of her boundless optimism and rather charming spirit. "Oliveberry will be your mentor. Though young, I believe she possess the maturity and knowledge befitting of a worthy mentor- and I trust her to prepare you with all the skills required to become a warrior." Despite graduating only moments prior, Oliveberry felt like the obvious choice for Tidekit. He knew they'd get along famously if paired together, especially considering their resembling natures. One can learn much through teaching another- and he knew that this was the perfect opportunity for her to do exactly that.

"Sagepaw, please step forward. In the absence of your previous mentor, Nightfall, it is only appropriate that you continue your training under a new queen." He reflected, for a moment, on Nightfall's disappearance. While the prior queen had done well in teaching Sagepaw, it was clear she wasn't yet old enough to take on all the responsibilities of the nursery. "Dawnsky will be your new mentor. As a queen of this clan I have confidence that she will take over your training with the utmost grace, and guide you along your chosen path to becoming a nursery helper." Dawnsky would pick up where Nightfall left off, he was sure of that.

Glisterpaw   Pearlgaze   Star_lord   Marindee   tidekit.   OLIVEBERRY !   sagepaw.   DAWNSKY.  

• Glisterpaw

RiverClan - Apprentice - Male - 6 moons

~Glisterkit had raised himself from where he sat and padded up towards the log where Gladestar sit as he addressed him. Once he was settled again, he lifted his head and set his gaze upon his leader as he continued speaking on. While his paws were shifting with anxiety, it was only in part because of the frigid ground beneath him; his wide eyes shone with honor and his pelt flowed with pride as the river's water. At the mention of Pearlgaze, his ears pricked with interest. She would make an excellent mentor! He was already good friends with the scarred she-cat, and grinned at the thought of him becoming her apprentice.

With Gladestar finishing his words to the young tom, he nodded in approval. "Thank you Gladestar, I am grateful to be announced an apprentice this day, and I am willing to aid my clan and it's endeavors." After giving a bow of gratitude, he rose from his haunches and turned back towards the gathered cats. Tail waving to-and-fro with delight, he marched past the rows of mottled fur back to his original position, excitement still clinging to his pelt like a burr.

He was no longer just a kit, he was an apprentice; he was Glisterpaw.

Eight days straight, eight hours each

[and not one line]

Glisterpaw Apprentice of RiverClan 6 moons Played by *Luke24:5* ☆ Art by Cacti.

6duJIg4.png