m̴a̴m̴a̴ ̴i̴'̴m̴ ̴i̴n̴ ̴l̴o̴v̴e̴ ̴w̴i̴t̴h̴ ̴a̴ ̴c̴r̴i̴m̴i̴n̴a̴l̴ — boy needed

• As Trish said he would be fine she nodded, standing up to go with Trish. Remembering her phone was on the table in the other room, she quickly rushed in there and grabbed it before going into the living room after the device was tucked into her pocket. Naomi winced at the sound of another gunshot, looking at Trish before looking back at the door. She opened her mouth to say something right as Matt came through the door, and she relaxed slightly. As him and Trish talked, she watched Trish pull the rug away to see a door.

Looking at Matt’s arm, she found herself frowning. It didn’t exactly look pretty. Naomi hesitated as Trish told her to go, looking at Matt. After a second, she spoke. “Be careful..please..” She then rushed over to Trish, following the woman into the room behind the door. She kept her gaze locked on the door as it shut, biting her lip until she looked over at Trish anxiously. She couldn’t seem to form words even at this point, and she looked back at the door with her bottom lip now turning a bit red. Closing her eyes, she quickly just prayed that he would be alright under her breath. She still needed to get mad at him for lying to her. Not that she was even truly mad anymore, just hurt regardless of if she understood why.

"Speech."

c'est la vie, mon amour

have you ever

licked a lampost in winter?

( she/her ┊ 17 ┊ opening to plotting┊ storage  )

• ((Sorry it's taken so long to reply 😥 we had a wreck last month and we've been waiting to get reimbursed. We finally got out replacement today and we had to sign some papers and send them off. Of course, it'll take forever to send because it's Sunday -_-))

Matteo sighed in relief as the latch closed and locked.

"I'm always careful, cara. You two just try to be as quiet as possible." He spoke to them through the floor, fixing the carpet back over the hidden door.

Another bang from the door was heard before it was completely busted in, swinging open to reveal the man. Behind him were two different men than before.

Matteo smirked.

"What's this, ragazzo? Can't handle.me by yourself so you needed backup?" He taunted, grabbing his knife and licking it open. The man laughed at the sight of the blade.

"Are your skills so bad you only have a knife?" The three laughed. "And you call yourself a capo bastone." Matteo smiled, laughing along with them. The three were confused at this.

"Oh, I can assure you, I am indeed the capo bastone. All I need is this knife." The first man scoffed, pointing his gun at him, while he motioned for the other two to look around. Matteo watched them search around the room then leave to check the rest of the house. He turned his attention back to the man.

"So, what's that girl to you anyway? Is she your whore while you're here or something?" Matteo sneered at him growling under his breath.

"Don't talk about her like that, don't you know it's rude to talk like that about a bellissima ragazza?" He hissed, gripping his knife tighter. The two can back with grim faces.

"They isn't anyone here, boss. We checked everywhere." The boss of the two frowned, glaring at Matteo who returned the look. "Get to the car, she must have escaped through the back door." They nodded and rushed out, going to start the car. He stalked towards Matteo, who stood confidently. "When I find her, she's a dead girl, who here me Giovanni?" The man turned and walked towards the door but paused, turning back to him once more. "Oh, one last thing, Giovanni." The man lifted the gum, cocked it and shot at him, leaving the house.

Matteo moved to the side but the bullet hit his shoulder, making him fall to the floor. The wind was knocked from his lungs, making him gasp as he rolled to his side. He looked out the broken door and saw them drive away. He struggled to sit up, using the wall to lean against. He tapped the floor.

"It's clear now," he paused to catch his breath, "they left." He kicked at the rug, moving it from the door.

Trish quickly fumbled with the lock but when it unlatched she pushed it open with such force that it made a dent in the floor when it hit.

"Matti, cara, are you alright?!" She looked at him frantically. He smiled at her, although it was strained.

"I might have gotten your living room a little dirty, signora Trish." He chuckled lightly.

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream~Giorno Giovanna, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

tenor.gif?itemid=14654092

• //that’s totally fine! and yeah that def sucks :/ it’s a bit short again, homework has my muse down :(

Naomi bit her lip as she listened to what was going on outside, staying silent and closing her eyes. She cast a glance at Trish as a shot was heard, and got out as soon as the door was open. She gasped at the sight of his shoulder, and rushed over to him. “So much for being careful Matteo..” She scolded lightly, a frown on her lips as she examined the wound. It would be unwise if she were to try to do anything to attempt to help, as she was still going through the educational part of the whole process to become a nurse.

Naomi looked almost hesitant for a second, her mind blanking on everything she had learned in her past few years of college. Not to mention she hadn’t gone through her trauma section yet. But even if she did know, she felt hesitant as to what to do. A part of her wanted to be mad at him still, but he was hurt now because of her. That wasn’t an option.

"Speech."

c'est la vie, mon amour

have you ever

• ((That's alright, homework can be a pain. And my daughter is ADAMANT that I make some potato soup, so this might be a little short as well))

Matteo gave a breathy laugh at the scolding he was receiving.

"It's not like I planned for this to happen cara, but I'm not entirely surprised it did." Thankfully the bullet went clean through his shoulder, but now he was bleeding pretty bad.

Trish rushed over with a blanket and handed it to him.

"You need to get to a hospital, Matti. I'll drive you." She headed off to get her car keys and went out the back door.

Matteo wrapped the blanket around his shoulder and tried to apply pressure so the bleeding would hopefully stop. He glanced at a worried Naomi and smirked.

"I'd make a good test subject to test your training on, cara," he joked, "although, the situation isn't very...convenient." He huffed, wincing when he breathed in too deep. "Haven't been shot in a while, almost forgot what it felt like." Matteo was sure he wasn't helping the situation, but he was trying to lighten the mood of only a little. At least she should be safe for a while until he could figure something out. He's have to talk to Giuseppe as soon as possible. What a mess this turned out to be, now an innocent girl was caught up in all of this and it was his fault for not being careful. He sighed.

"I'm truly sorry you've gotten mixed up in this, bellissima. It wasn't my intention for it to go this far." He apologized. "I know you're still mad that I lied to you, but will make this right and I will protect you." His face shifted to a more serious ome, as he looked at her. "It's my fault but I'll make it right, you don't have to worry." He promised.

• //aaah yeah, sounds fun! haha

Naomi offered him a small smile as he said he would be a good test subject, shaking her head as she swatted his hand away and applied true pressure, something she finally remembered, onto his shoulder. She watched him wince and frowned, before rolling her eyes. “I’d assume you not getting shot in a while would be a good thing..” She mumbled, almost absentmindedly as she focused on the wound yet her mind was still dancing with memories flickering from moments spent with Matt to when she found him outside the shop talking to the men who now wanted her dead.
    Biting her lip, Naomi blinked as she heard Matteo speak and she looked at him, a small frown on her face. “I-” She started, stopping herself as he continued. Sighing, she smiled a bit at him. “I am still very much mad at you..but I’m more worried right now. I trust you Matt..and I honestly don’t know how, or why...but I do.” Naomi got out, giving him a softer smile before turning her attention back to his shoulder as Trish got the car ready. “But after you feel better I’m totally yelling at you.” She warned, narrowing her eyes at him in what could be seen as in either a playful or serious manner.

"Speech."

c'est la vie, mon amour

have you ever

• Matteo lowered his hand after Naomi swatted it away. He smiled at her statement, huffing a soft laugh as to not jar his shoulder.

"I'd call it lucky." He hummed.

It had been over 5 months since the last time he was injured with a gun, which was indeed lucky for his kind of work. He observed Naomi's face as she spoke. He could clearly see the worry dancing in her eyes, but he was sure anyone would be worries about someone who had just gotten shot. He was, however, happy to know she still trusted him after everything that's happened.

"I appreciate the worry, but there's really no need. It's not as bed as it feels, I'm sure," he paused, "I'd say you're wrong to trust someone who's affiliated with something so dangerous like this." He said, looking at her. Don't get him wrong, he was happy, but at the same time he wondered how she could still trust him, a capo bastone, the second in command of an illegal mafia group. He would call her a fool, but he knew others who trusted members of the mafia, like him.

Matteo smirked at the narrow eyed look Naomi have him, laughing.

"I have no doubt that you will, cara. I do deserve some kind of scolding after all of this." He said playfully, wincing as the wound stung from the laughter.

Trish came back in a moment later. "The coast is clear, they're gone," she walked over to them, "let's hurry and get you to the hospital before they decide to come back." Matteo nodded in agreement, taking the blanket from Naomi's hands and putting it on the table nearby.

• Naomi agreed fully that she indeed shouldn’t trust him at the moment, but he’d got shot for her. That was enough for her in her books, sad as it was. “It is pretty dumb, huh...but you also did get shot for me in a sense so..I guess that’s where the trust is coming from.” She shrugged a bit, focusing on keeping pressure on his shoulder still.
    Naomi laughed softly as he spoke once more, a small smile on her lips. “That you do..” She agreed before looking at Trish with a nod. She frowned as Matt simply threw the blanket onto the table.
    Taking off the jacket around her waist, Naomi quickly tied it decently tight around Matt’s shoulder before he started walking to the car. “We have to keep pressure on this..that much I know.” She quickly mumbled, not caring about the blood now seeping into her jacket. She could wash it, and Matteo’s wellbeing ranked above that of her jacket.She walked out to the car with the pair, getting into the back. “I’m honestly surprised they didn’t mess up the car..” She mumbled with a little shrug, glancing over at Matt.

"Speech."

c'est la vie, mon amour

have you ever

• Matteo watched in confusion a Naomi took her jacket off, only to wrap it around his shoulder pretty tightly. He didn't think it would hurt to take the blanket off since the hospital wasn't far, but he wasn't going to argue and left it on. He thought it was pretty sweet, even if she was mad at him, she obviously still cared and that brought a small smile to his face.

Trish was back in the car, waiting for the two to get settled before she started driving.

"Yeah, it's certainly strange." He agreed.

"The only thing that was wrong was they had opened all the door and trunk, so the obviously searched it," she spoke, "but I was sure to double check to see if they had put anything in here and thankfully they didn't." Matteo hummed in agreement, it certainly was a good thing. He was in no condition to take them on again at the moment and Trish barely knew how to use a knife or gun. He wasn't sure if Naomi could, but he also didn't want to involve her any more than she was already.

Trish put the car into drive and pulled out of the back driveway, heading towards the hospital.

• Naomi watched Matteo out of the corner of her eye, a mix of emotions painted on her face. Out of everything that they had gone though in the past week, never once did he allow her to be in harms way. Be it him walking her tu her hotel or even just now, he always ensured she was out of harms way. Yet he’d still lied to her, regardless of the reasoning behind it. She felt herself let out a small sigh, before listening to what the two were saying.
    She nodded in agreement as well, knowing full well that Matt couldn’t handle dealing with the Koreans again so soon, and she sure as hell couldn’t handle any sort of weapon. As the car began to drive, Naomi angled herself towards Matteo. “How’s it feel? Your shoulder, that is.” She made sure to quickly clarify. examining her rough job of keeping pressure to the wound with her jacket. If only she had been farther along in her nursing, and not blaming on absolutely everything, she might have been able to help him more. But she couldn’t change that, so she would simply do what she could to help him now. He wasn’t bleeding freely anymore either; another good thing. In ah honesty she was not than grateful that he was okay.
    A gunshot wound might not seem okay, but she’d much prefer that to him being dead.

"Speech."

c'est la vie, mon amour

have you ever

• They had only been in the car for a few minutes, but it felt like it dragged on to Matteo. He was sure it was from the blood he's lost, but he wasn't dizzy or light headed so he guessed he was fine.

"It stings and aches, but it's fine for now." He reassured Naomi with a small smile. It ached and stung alright, it hurt pretty bad but he could bare with it. They were almost there anyway.

"I'm just glad it isn't bleeding that much anymore." He carefully placed a hand on the jacket. He still had to inform Giuseppe on what happened, too. He sighed, rubbing his hand over his face.

"You can tell Giuseppe layer, Matti, we're almost there anyway." Trish laughed quietly. Matteo nodded, leaning his head against the seat before glancing over at Naomi.

"Are you okay, cara?" He asked, looking her over.

((Sorry it's been so short, it's been kinda busy around here the past couple days -_-,))

• //that’s totally fine, same here quite frankly ^^

Naomi nodded as he said he was glad it wasn’t bleeding all over the place, as she was as well. If it still was bleeding badly as it was when she first saw the wound, he’d more than likely be worse off than he was currently. She was just glad they were already almost to the hospital—the faster he got treated, the better. She leaned back in the seat herself, letting her mind wander once more without another thought. As Matteo addressed her, Naomi felt herself laugh. Was she fine? Physically yes, but emotionally definitely not.
    Hugging her arms to herself, she sighed a bit before looking at him. “I..kind of am. But if I’m being honest not really. I mean physically I’m fine, but..” Her voice trailed off, a small frown making it’s way onto her face. She averted her gaze, looking out the window now. “I mean, I understand why you did what you did, but it’s just..hard to fully wrap my head around all of it.” She added, rubbing her side almost awkwardly before turning back towards him. She offered him a small smile, almost in a reassuring manner before turning her attention back to his wound. She was next to positive that the doctors would be able to take care of him just fine.

"Speech."

c'est la vie, mon amour

have you ever

• Matteo nodded in agreement, it was certainly something that took time to sink in and she wasn't given the proper time to adjust.

"It's... definitely not easy, especially to someone who's not used to this kind of life and just forced into it so suddenly." He said, feeling guilty once again.

"He's the hospital, I'll take you to the emergency entrance." Trish informed them. Matteo nodded and unbuckled the seatbelt.

Once the car came to a stop he stepped out. Trish rolled her window down, looking at him.

"Find a place to park, I'll meet you inside." He told her, to which she nodded in confirmation and drove off to find a parking spot. He hated hospitals, hated everything about them. The wait time, the incompetent doctors, but most importantly the needles. Matteo shivered at the thought of the blood sucking tools, his face turning visibly pale. It had to be done though, hopefully no IV's or anything like that would be necessary but he highly doubted that.

"Here we go." He said with an unenthusiastic look.

• As the car stopped Naomi stepped out as well, closing the door and wrapping her arms around herself. About to say something, she looked up and saw his face pale. With a little frown, she debated in her head for only a moment before reaching out a hand and lightly squeezing the one without the injured shoulder. She didn’t say anything as to not embarrass him, but she had a feeling he was possibly afraid of something about the hospitals. Which she totally understood—she didn’t want to go into any type of emergency situations, as she planned on becoming a neonatal nurse.
    Smiling lightly at Matt, Naomi nodded. “The faster you get this treated the faster you’ll feel better..and the faster we can figure something out.” At the last part she sighed softly, her hold on his hand loosening.
    If they had hacked her phone, did that mean that they also had put a tracker on it? At the thought Naomi paled and quickly looked around, moving herself closer to Matt and tightening her hold on his hand. She felt her heart rate pick up, biting her lip as she looked for anything suspicious. Looking up at Matteo, she gave him a small nervous smile. Breathing out slowly, Naomi watched the doors begin to open as they approached the emergency room, looking around as they entered. It looked very clean and modern, a neutral color palette used. The lady at the desk looked nice enough, and she looked once more up at Matt almost questioningly.

"Speech."

c'est la vie, mon amour

have you ever

• The warmth of a hand brought Matteo out of his worried thoughts. He looked down and saw Naomi had also gotten out of the car and was now holding his hand. He gave it an appreciative squeeze and smiled at her. He was glad she had decided to get out with him.

"I know," he paused, "I just, uh, don't like needles. Not fond of them." He confessed, keeping a grip on her hand when he saw her look around and move closer.

'She still must be afraid they'll show up again.' He thought and rightfully so. She would most likely be paranoid for the rest of her life after this. Matteo gave her a reassuring smile as they walked into the emergency room.

The lady at desk looked up as they made their way in front of her.

"What can I help you with today?" She asked, looking at the jacket on his shoulder with a raised brow. Matteo smiled sheepishly at her.

"Well, I was shot a few minutes ago and, uh, I think I might need some stitches." He explained. The girls eyes widened.

"What? Shot?" She stood up, leading them to the doors that led back to the waiting rooms. "This way, please, we'll get you a doctor to look at it right away." She urgently motioned for them to follow.

• Naomi bit back a laugh at Matteo’s casual attitude towards just being shot, offering the nurse a small shrug before following her down the hallway. Nodding as the woman said to wait, Naomi walked to a place to sit down and gestured for him to sit, her hand slipping from his. Hugging her arms back at her sides, she sighed and looked around for anything that looked out of the ordinary. She didn’t want to get caught off guard by the people who now had a hit on her. Frowning a bit, Naomi let her gaze go back onto Matt. She checked his shoulder lightly, not touching it but simply looking. He seemed alright, as nothing looked too crazy with his arm. But then again she wasn’t truly one to judge.
    Mat-” Naomi began to speak, but was cut off by the nurse calling them over. Shaking her head almost as saying nevermind, she leaned back against a wall. “I can stay here and wait for Trish if you’d like.” She offered lightly, tilting her head slightly to the side. She almost wanted him to insist on her going with him, but she mentally shook those thoughts away. Someone had to tell Trish where Matt was, no?

"Speech."

c'est la vie, mon amour

have you ever

• Matteo made his way over to sit beside Naomi. He didn't bother to get comfortable, assuming that a nurse would call them back in a minute or two. His attention was on the girl beside him as she looked around, making him smile sadly at her.

"Don't worry, any one from any organization like us know better than to make a scene at a hospital." He quietly reassured her as he let her looked over his injured shoulder.

Matteo snapped his head up and saw the nurse from before calling them back. He stood up, looking back at Naomi and holding his hand out for her to take.

"Let's head on back. When Trish is done she'll call. She'll probably stay out here to keep an eye out and warn us anyway," he explained, "besides, you don't need to be left alone right now, even in a hospital." He gave her a gentle smile, leading her back with him.

The nurse escorted them to a room and asked the routine questions, which Matteo answered.

"The doctor will be in as quick as he can." She informed, then left them, placing the chart in the holder outside the door.

• Naomi smiled sheepishly as Matt told her not to worry, meekly nodding her head with a soft laugh. When they stood up and she prepared to stay behind, she raised slightly raised her brows in surprise as he told her to come with him. Taking his hand, she lightly squeezed his back and hummed a bit. “I suppose you’re right..” She agreed, walking back with him. As he sat on the bed, she stood next to him as he answered the questions. Nodding as the doctor left, Naomi looked over at Matt and moved in front of him to adjust the jacket on his shoulder.
    I wonder how the doctor will react to seeing a bloody jacket keeping your shoulder from hurting you even more..” Naomi mumbled almost to herself, looking over at him with a small smile on her face. She also curiously thought whether or not the doctor would question who she was in relation to Matteo, although she doubted that it might happen. Blinking out of her thoughts, she noticed a small spot of blood on his cheek and got it off with her thumb before lightly grinning at him.
    As she heard the door open once more, she turned around faster than she normally would, laughing awkwardly as she saw the doctor standing in the doorway. Naomi moved back over to the side where she was at first, glancing over at Matt with a little smile.

"Speech."

c'est la vie, mon amour

have you ever

• Matteo chuckled quietly, trying not to shake or jar his shoulder.

"It certainly looks strange, huh, cara?" He carefully pat the bottom of it, making sure to avoid the hole. He glanced at Naomi, seeing that she was deep in thought until she reached towards his cheek. Matteo frowned in confusion until he saw the smudge of blood on her. He had completely forgot about that.

Matteo snapped his head at the noise of the door opening, relaxing a bit when it was the doctor. He looked at Naomi and returned her smile.

" Hello, my name is Doctor Giorgio Antonio." He introduced himself to the two. He looked at the chart. "My nurse told me you were shot, so I came as fast as I could," he walked over, giving a Naomi and small smile before returning to Matteo. Dr. Antonio raised an eyebrow at the jacket. Matteo chuckled and rubbed his neck.

"It was the only thing we had at the time." He explained, Dr. Antonio nodding in response. He took it off as carefully as he could. The fabric pulled at the edges of the hole, making Matteo wince and cringe until it was off.

"Well, the good news is that it isn't lodged in. However, you will indeed need stitches and pain medicine afterwards." Dr. Antonio sat the jacket down on the bed and wrapped a medical wrap around the wound.

"If you'll follow me, we'll go ahead and get you prepped for the stitches," he motioned to Naomi, "you're girlfriend can wait here if she wants or in the lobby." Matteo glanced at the female as he stood up, raising an amused eyebrow and smirking at her.

• Naomi almost giggled when Matt returned her smile, looking now at the doctor as he introduced himself. She nodded towards the man in a way of acknowledgement, surpressing a laugh at the doctor’s questioning look at the jacket. As Doctor Antonio took off the jacket, Naomi winced alongside Matteo with a sympathetic look at him. As the doctor explained what was going to happen, the girl looked at her jacket with a small pout. Sure, she willingly gave it up, but that didn’t mean she didn’t like the jacket still. Oh well, she could wash it still. Blinking as the doctor said to follow him for stitches, Naomi moved to leave when he continued speaking.
    Feeling her face flush a light pink as Dr. Antonio addressed her as Matt’s girlfriend, biting her lip with a small smile and looking over at Matteo before letting out a small laugh. Gingerly taking her jacket, Naomi looked to Matteo. “I-ah, will be in the lobby. Have fun with the stitches.” She teased in an amused tone, smiling and lightly nudging Matt’s good shoulder with her own before walking back to the lobby. She sat down and breathed out, a small smile remaining on her lips.
    She let herself relax and lean back as she waited, although that relaxing quickly stopped as she noticed the doors opening to the hospital. Naomi closed her eyes and let out a small sigh as she only saw Trish walking in, practically melting back into the chair, her jacket awkwardly in her lap.

"Speech."

c'est la vie, mon amour

have you ever

The post was edited 1 time, last by honey ().

• Matteo watched in amusement as Naomi nudged him before leaving the room. He followed the doctor out of the room and to the area they would be giving him the stitches. He looked down the hall one more time, worrying about Naomi staying in the lobby. Matteo shook the thought off, Trish was sure to be there now to keep her company. At least she wouldn't be alone and with that last thought he disappeared into the room.

Trish had finally found a parking spot and quickly parked the car. She made her way inside and looked around the lobby, her eyes landing on Naomi. She sighed in relief and walked over to take the seat beside her.

"I guess they already took Matti cara back." She hummed. Trish gazed at Naomi, staring at her for a moment. The girl still seemed uneasy. "How are you doing?" She asked, glancing down at the bloodied jacket in Naomi's lap.