LET THE ROLLIN 20s RETURN // open, New Year's Party, human AU

• GHOULIAN WILSON-ALEXANDER

The man stared at her for a moment before he finally nodded in agreement with her idea.

"That would be... ideal. I'm sure once I have some more champagne in my system I'll begin to relax."

Ghoulian replied as he eased himself away from the wall so he could return to the party. Although, before he began to walk, he cautiously offered his hand to Abbie. He wanted to keep things friendly, of course, and this just seemed... right.

THE WORLD WILL BURN!

I'LL MAKE THE WORLD BURN, BURN, BURN

LET ME HEAR YOU SCREAM, SCREAM, SCREAM

• I'M NEVER ENOUGH, YOU BLED ME DRY

USING ME UP!

Absinthe Tigress - Abbi - Exiler

Abbi took Ghoulians hand and smiled. "Cmon. We can talk, play cards, and drink." She said with a beaming smile. The lady felt bad for Ghoulian, having made him uncomfortable, with no doubt. This was her way of trying to make up for it.

Another Key to The Empty Spot In You

Absinthe Tigress Exiler TAGS PENNED BY Absinthe Tigress

"Heh! If we can get a few other people we could have a game of poker. Unless you fancy watching me do card tricks?"

It had been a while since he had last done any magic tricks, though they were perhaps rather cheesy. However, as he held her hand he gently stroked his thumb over her fingers in a small yet affectionate manner. Upon re-entering the cafeteria he snatched a bottle of champagne from one of the tables they passed.

THE WORLD WILL BURN!

USING ME UP!

Abbi's eyes lit up when he said card tricks, smiling more. "Sure! I love card tricks!" She said with glee, bouncing on her tip toes. Leading Ghoulian, she took the bottle from him and found her seat, taking two glasses en route, pouring them when she sat. "I never fancied bubbly, but I guess its okay."

"It's the decent stuff, so it should be alright. Also, it is New Year, almost seems customary to have champagne. Or at least that's the tradition I was taught when growing up."

Ghoulian explained as he took his seat at the table before accepting the glass after the drinks had been poured. He offered her a quick thanks before taking a sip of the contents with a hum of pleasure. He had always had a taste for the expensive stuff, a side effect of spoiling himself back on the Wilson Farm. Removing his top hat, he then reached inside of it and retrieved a deck of playing cards. Skilfully he began to shuffle them and he tried to make a show of it.

"From a young age magic and trickery fascinated me. At one point I wanted to be a magician, but yet here I am being a doctor. Though it does keep my younger patients amused."

THE WORLD WILL BURN!

USING ME UP!

"And friends." Absinthe said and sipped the drink, closing her eyes as she gulped. "Yeah, yeah, I greatly prefer absinthe to this." She grumbled, shaking her head before turning green, purple and gold flecked eyes to Ghoulian, watching the card. "I learned some things, but I never really got into it. I can count cards and I rarely lose a poker match. Mainly by cheating but we dont talk about that." The lady said and laughed softly.

"Yes, friends too."

Ghoulian replied with a chuckle as he gradually warmed to Abbi. Sadly he couldn't do much about the choice of drinks, mostly because he hadn't considered it beforehand. Though if he ever threw another party in the future he would be sure to stock up on absinth for her benefit.

"Heh! Remind me to watch you carefully then. Personally I love a spot of Blackjack, though that truly is a game of chance."

It was hard to cheat in that, though it was fun playing as a group against the dealer. Once he had the deck shuffled he then spread the cards out in a fan shape and held them towards Abbi.

"Pick a card. Remember what it is without showing me, then return it to the deck."

THE WORLD WILL BURN!

USING ME UP!

Abbi picked a card at random, looking at one, noting the eight of diamonds, and replacing it, face down, nothing shown. "Alright, mister magician, what do you have?" She asks, intrigued by her date. The woman was using her entire set of skills as a gambler to hide her card and use a strong poker face.

The white haired man began to shuffle the cards again, and he continued to do so over and over as he reclined back in his chair with a broad grin on his face.

"Hrm? Oh, you'll see. So then, tell me, what was your fondest memory as a kid? Can you recall how old you were at the time?"

Ghoulian would ask as he tried to kick up some conversation as part of his ploy for his grand trick. There was method to his madness of course, and any good trick needed a decent build up.

THE WORLD WILL BURN!

USING ME UP!

"My fondest memory was probably my first kill as a Hashashim." Abbi said and smiled. "I trained for months to make my family proud.. when I came across the mark, I cut their throat and dumped the body." She said and shrugged. "Nothing too special. What about you?"

"Probably the day I successfully escaped my dimension. I know, sounds crazy, but I'm from a mirror-verse. My other half Julian now takes my place in the other realm... or at least he did. After the bright light that filled the sky I feel like... I'm now both of us, if that makes sense? Though my connection to the other realm is now gone, and it does feel like I lost part of myself."

Ghoulian shared as he continued to toy with the deck, eventually setting three cards down upon the table whilst he placed the deck aside. Leaning forward he then proceeded to turn over the first two.

"Two halves, each one an opposite..."

He begins as he turns over the four of hearts and the four of clubs.

"Two become one as their worlds become united..."

He then flips over the ace of spades. It is then that he leans forward and reaches behind her ear to reveal the eight of diamonds.

"A new man born from a trial of fates. Is this your card?"

THE WORLD WILL BURN!

USING ME UP!

Smiling in awe, she nodded. "It is, Good Doctor, it is." Absinthe confirmed and grinned, taking the card. "Did you read the back?" the young lady asks, intrigued even more by Ghoulian. "Y'know, the whole mirror dimension thing, I don't get it. Other realm?" She inquired, having been a Native her entire life. "It may be my ignorant nativism, but what do you mean?" Absinthe inquired, her silver bracelet jingling on her wrist.

"A good magician never reveals his secrets, my dear."

Ghoulian would reply smugly as he took a sip from his drink before he stacked the cards up neatly and pushed them towards her so she could examine them at her leisure. He had actually used his Sight abilities to cheat of course, but he would never admit to it. As long as it gave them awe and wonder then it was worth it. As the conversation turned back to the dimensions he then smirked a little, understanding that it was a strange and difficult topic to grasp.

"Are you aware of the Multiverse Theory? Well, it's basically that. I guess you could say I'm proof that a theory is fact. There are countless universes out there in fact, but mine is coined as being 'The Land of Shadows' because we were basically viewed as the darker halves of people. Julian was sweet and innocent, whereas I am nasty and capable of great evil. He was good at flirting, and I'm... not so good. We were like mirrors of each other in that sense. However we couldn't exist on the same plane of existence as each other. I was lucky I guess when the world-shift happened, even if it cost me dearly in other ways."

THE WORLD WILL BURN!

USING ME UP!

"You say you're nasty and incapable of good. So far, I think you're very kind and sweet." Absinthe admitted, challenging Ghoulian with a small smile. "And you say world shift? What do you mean?" She asks and socked her head, silver and jade earrings sparkling like her eyes. "Are you all from a different world as well or?" The lady asks, shuffling the cards habitually, her eyes locked to his. She wanted to figure him out already.

"Well... I-... I used to be really evil. But I guess those days are behind me."

Ghoulian felt mildly flustered over it, but considering his actions since arriving in the Exiles, no, since arriving in Agrelos he was now deeply suspicious that he must have fused souls with Julian during the shift. He had made peace with his father, he actually deeply cared for his brothers, he actually gave a shit about the people around him... "I really have changed", he thought to himself. Abbi was right. A fierce blush darkened his features as he stared at her.

"I guess I am from another world, yes. Another dimension, another world... I really am hopping about from place to place."

He felt alone in that sense, he wasn't sure if anyone else there wasn't from Agrelos. He was effectively an alien to them.

"I'm definitely not from here, that much is for sure."

THE WORLD WILL BURN!

USING ME UP!

"well, I think that's clear to me as well!" Abbi said with a wide smile, hand over his. "Show me what other tricks you got, dear doc." She requested, amusement and joy sparkling across her green and purple eyes. "Or you can get to know me, I don't mind either way. I just like your voice." The young lady admitted with a wide smile.

//sorry for late reply, I was sick

//That's quite alright. Hope you're feeling better ^^

As the hand settled upon his own he felt his temperature spike again, and it was clear that the blush on his face wasn't going away any time soon. Swallowing coarsely, he then took the bold step of sliding his chair closer to her own as he closed the distance between them.

"I wouldn't mind learning more about you, if I'm honest. Do you like to read? Any interest in television perhaps? I tend to watch anything with vampires in it... except Twilight. Ugh, such a vile blight on a decent genre."

He visibly shuddered as he thought about the books.

THE WORLD WILL BURN!

USING ME UP!

"I do enjoy reading. I am currently reading Locke's thesis on human innocence and the natural state, but I've been sidetracked by the ever wonderful Hunger Games. I should finish Locke's book, but it's rather boring. I tend to read whatever I can though." Abbi said with a nice smile. "I don't watch much TV. Let alone the Twilight series. I mean, vampires are cool and all, but that series gives them a horrible name. I mean, come on!" she said with a small laugh, enjoying his company.

"Heh! Very true. Recently I've been working through the Witcher and Tru Blood books, and re-reading Interview With A Vampire yet again for what feels like the billionth time. It's a favourite of mine I admit."

Ghoulian replied with a slight chuckle as he thought about both the book and the film. The film especially held his interest since the actor had been quite the looker at the time. After a moment he then glanced around himself to check that no one was listening to him speak before he leaned in closer to Abbi.

"I was bitten by a vampire once."

THE WORLD WILL BURN!

USING ME UP!

"Oh really?" Abbi asks, leaning closer with a twisted grin. "I've never been a believer of the paranormal, but I guess I'll take your word for it." she said and took his hand again. "Tell me about it, yeah?" The young lady asks, teeth pearly white, skin pale and glitter covered from the party.