YOUR CRUSHING IT ;; getting a pet

Check out Ivoria in Agrelos! They are an evil backboard group situated on the waterway. Successful completion of a trial is required in order to join. We have a great OOC community and would love to have you!
  • ———— ARVICAENA ————

AIN'T EVER WANNABES

Playing. She often went out to play and enjoy the leaves when alone. Why wouldn't she? Nothing would hurt her there. she at least hoped this was the case. Usually, things did not pan out as expected. Though, lately, she was only finding joiners on the boarder. Today, though, she was running through the leaves when she felt herself falling. Tumbling into a small pit in the ground, she would let out a yelp of surprise.

She, of course, was winded and lay there. NPC voice mixed with Exiles scent greeted her. Head raising, she would see the Exiler lowering his head in to grab her. Panic in her eyes she tried to run, but where would she go? It was a pit after all. The NPC grabbed her and hauled her up. Tossing her to the earth with a thud. A yelp escaping her as he laughed. Stepping closer and closer. She closed her eyes. Only to hear the Exiler scream.

Screaming.

He was screaming.

The pup opened her eyes to see a snake. A small, yet fierce thing. No.. It wasn't a snake at all. It was a.. Basalisk? The pup was surprised to see the beast here, much less attacking an Exiler. The thing was still young, fresh hatched maybe. But, it was the size of an adult anaconda. It was strangling the Exiler to death.

The screams stopped.

Silence.

Then, it slithered away from the corpse and to the injured pup. But, it did not attack her. No, it seemed to study her before wrapping about her loosely. Blocking the chilly air from her. Night was falling fast, she she was sure her paw was twisted. She had a sprain and wouldnt be moving without help. So, she lay there. Knowing help would come and that this Basalisk was her friend.

What a strange day.

"Speech."

i heard your cry and i just knew

tags — roleplayed by cyanite

i never meant to forsake you

• ★ ★ ★ companions seemed to have an odd habit of choosing who they wanted to spend their time with . the flights held their avian companions in high esteem , and finding yours was quite a big deal . the practice seemed to fall out as their numbers dwindled and the fire drove away most of the wild life . still , with everything going back to normal , more and more members were gaining their bird friends . enjolras himself had gotten himself a large , partially leucistic , red tailed hawk . rather , the hawk had chosen him .

as he approached arvicaena , he wondered briefly what pulled an animal to devote themselves to any one person . and while he'd first been anxious upon being tugged to the scene by helios , he quickly grew more curious as he found the odd pair together with no harm being done . the basilisk , while uncommon , seemed placid enough that the ragdoll didn't immediately try to attack the beast . " are you hurt ? " he asks , peering closer at the two , though his muscles remained tense should the basilisk deem him as an enemy .

citrezen your fever's gripped me again ˚₊✩₊

never kisses all you ever send are full stops

──── ( vf & sv & dd┆ ryuku & member & member ┆ tags ) ────

• Ver despised snakes, could always feel that wretched hatred in her gut whenever she looked down upon one. All she heard was Saoirse’s screams, loud, pleading and desperate as venom overtook her. Snakes were dangerous and she’d taken it upon herself to smash the heads of any of the fiends she found slithering in the undergrowth in fear another one would strike and take another person from her life. It was simply paranoia and seeing the girl wrapped by the Basilisk sets a fresh hell of fear into the pit of her heart. She spreads her wings out lips curling as she approaches one paw placing itself in front of Enjolras protectively as she accessed the beast coiled around the pup.

her eyes flick to the Exiler for just a second looking at the crushed body with disgust. It’s clear what happened to it and what could easily happen to the girl if she startled the beast. ”Arviceana” she starts carefully ”Are you able to step away from the snake?... carefully she’s sure she could kill it if she’s quick enough. The scales don’t look that hard and if she’s careful she wouldn’t get crushed, but it’s still a gamble she’d rather not take when it was cooled rather comfortably around someone much more vulnerable.

”speech”tags

• ———— ARVICAENA ————

AIN'T EVER WANNABES

The child struggled to her paws. But, as she did, she stumbled. Whimpering from the pain in her paw. The noise causing the Basilisk to unfurl and put its head under her. Trying to hold her up. Almost sympathetic in motion. "My paw hurts. That Exiler was surely going to do worse.. But this snake got him first.. He.. He saved me." She answered as she struggled to limp towards Ver. It was clear that she was struggling and the young Basilisk was trying hard to help.

"Speech."

• It doesn’t strike her as soon as she moves, doing something else she doesn't think a un-civilized creature could do. There was some intellect in that brain of its, something inside of its head that made it want to help her, or maybe it would buy time till the pup was bigger and worth devouring. She hopes for the former and was tempted to tackle it and bury her fangs behind its head at the thought of the ladder. Her fur relaxes and her ears would perk at the sound of the kids whimpers moving forward and away from Enjolras to help.

She leans down slightly jaws parting and almost forgetting to ask to pick her up. ”Lets get you back to camp to take a look at your paw” she woofs before going into thought for a second ”If it really saved you from that” she refers to the Exiler ”then it can stay... Enjolras do you mind handling the body?” it was more important to her to make sure Ari was looked after, she could handle the basilisk and the intruder later but for now she had priorities.

”Do you need me to carry you?” she asks finally.

”speech”tags

• ★ ★ ★ the serpent's movements cause enjolras to stiffen even more , and he feels himself itching to throw it away from the young girl . just as ver does , he relaxes when he sees that there is no move being made to attack arvicaena . a curious occurrence , but not something he can't say he hasn't experienced before . he watches ver move away , and holds his position until she says his name ( at least , he thinks she does ) . quick movements pull him forward to her side , and he watches and listens carefully for her next thought . take care of the body . he frowns as he glances over to it . at least the npc was dead , but he still wasn't keen on getting near the exiler . ah well , someone needed to do it , and he was the only other one around at the moment . " er , oui , i'll get on it , " enjolras responds after a brief pause , rolling his shoulders as he prepares himself to the task that lays before him .

• ———— ARVICAENA ————

AIN'T EVER WANNABES

The girl feels a sense of relief that Ver wouldn't hurt her savior. But, at the mention of getting back to camp and being carried, she paused. Maybe it was best she didn't walk. It did hurt. "I'm sorry.. I.. I don't know if I can walk back.. It hurts.." Her voice was cracking with fear and pain. She was upset and scared that she would be in trouble for playing outside alone. Yet, she would let her eyes flick to the older members. "I can ty to make it.. If it is easier on you guys."

"Speech."

• Kira arrives late, but it seems he's in time to catch the bulk of the story. Drawn by the scent of Exiles, he had been careful on his way over to not let himself be detected, just in case this was some sort of trap; but, it seemed things had been... taken care of. His single lavender hue passes quickly over the scene. Ver is doting over a child he vaguely recognizes; Enjolras is standing over a dead body. His face is stony as he tries to connect the dots for himself, fabricating a story he did not witness to some degree of accuracy.

The snake doesn't bother him. He's not sure why; perhaps he's seen his fair share of snake-whisperers, perhaps he just thinks it normal for a snake to be so placid. After all, could it be too unlike the way birds chose their tamers in the Flights? Maybe this snake had chosen this girl to be its keeper. He passes it without fear.

He glances once more at the pair of girls, prescribed sympathy in his gaze, and then moves next to the ragdoll, ears twitching. Kira stares at the dead NPC as he's stared at the dead thousands of times before. Clearly Enjolras is uncomfortable with taking care of the Exiler, and his heart twangs strangely. He shouldn't have to handle that. You can do it much more easily, Yoshikage.

"Let me help you," he murmurs, cold glass. He presses a paw to the carcass and aims to suddenly set it aflame, burning the flesh and even bone within minutes. The smell is unpleasant, but that is the price one pays for quick removal, is it not? But he doesn't wince. It's something he's done countless times before, and it would air out so. Not that anyone here would know that.

"My apologies..." he murmurs finally, "I felt that would be the most... efficient way to dispose of it."

━━━━ thank you for this bitter knowledge

GUARDIAN ANGELS WHO LEFT ME STRANDED *:・゚✧*:・゚

yoshikage kira | wind haven | domestic feline | storage | penned by meghan

• ★ ★ ★ he has a paw raised , set to get to work , when kira approaches . his sudden appearance gives him pause , and he tries not to show his surprise as the male comes to help him . with how they've been acting around each other lately , he shouldn't be surprised , but his mind still hasn't fully grasped their sudden shift in dynamics . cerulean eyes harden slightly , and his maw opens to protest that he's most capable of handling this on his own , thank you very much , but kira has already set the body ablaze . enjolras' nose scrunches up at the smell , and his paw comes to cover it .

the body is gone in a matter of moments , along with all the tension in his muscles . he would never get over moros , as upsetting as that is , and this is only a reminder of how weak he was ( and still is ) . despite his earlier attempt at an objection to the other's help , he's silent now . a subtle shift , and he finds himself pressed gently , delicately , against kira's side . did he really have the former - leader's support now ? a soft breath escapes him , carrying a quiet " thank you . "